Is cowardice seen as an exclusively male trait in Film?

Is cowardice seen as an exclusively male trait in Film?

In the Accountant a mother ups and leaves her two children, one of them autistic the other not , with their father because she can't deal with the demands necessary to take care of the autistic one.

So no.

That's not really cowardice as much as it it selfishness

It's both selfish and cowardly.

Women aren't expected to be brave or honourable, so they can't be cowards either.

this

But the audience can sympathize with the mother and her predicament. You can always put yourself in her shoes, as weve all faced those difficult choices. Ive yet to see a mainstream film depict a female protagonist as irredeemably and inhumanly cowardly. You cant sympathise with Male antagonists like Cypher

ahem

I actually like Willie, but then again, I'm not a nu-male, so female stereotypes don't offend me.

During the climax of The Mummy Returns, both Rick O'Connell and Imhotep are left clinging to a rapidly-fragmenting ledge over a breach into the Underworld after defeating the Scorpion King at Ahm Shere. Rick demands his wife Evelyn go on without him, but she defies his command and saves him at great personal risk. Imhotep, in turn, pleads with his lover Anck-Su-Namun to rescue him, but she decides to leave him to his fate and flee as the temple collapses around them.

They're shown as honourable and brave in film. I just find it a bit strange that there hasn't been many films of the last 20 years that have shown women as cowardly. Are we dehumanising women by limiting their traits?

the medic from alien covenant

the road
the mother leaves her family when things got grim

why are women such cowards?

>Are we dehumanising women by limiting their traits?

Yes.

I am the most cowardest

>the road

one of the few movies that traumatized both me and alex jones for life

See here
They're often been depicted as victims of circumstances that deserve some sympathy for the difficult choices they made. Ive rarely seen a female character who are seen as just plain cowards. This seems more reserved for male antagonists

Cowardice isn't a female trait, as it is expected and natural. It is only frowned upon in men.

Watch The Lives of Others

The Mummy Ret-
oh

no because women are perfect princesses and can never be wrong xD

t.R9K virgin

There is always the fat female friend who is either funny or a coward

Is it worth wasting an hour?

Fair point. It's still rare though.

There is nothing wrong with cowardice

If you depicted a female as cowardly you would get blacklisted from hollywood for misogyny. Imagine a scene with the old cliche where a woman is afraid of a mouse making it into a modern movie. There would be crys for blood

that parts early, you can turn it off when david appears then it just becomes prometheus 2

If youre talking about the last few years, Id say Yes. There are exceptions ofcourse, but generally nu-Hollywood doesnt like to showing women as cowardly. Blame rising female purchasing power. Men arent as petty or insecure as SJWs, so Hollywood doesnt need to pander to male ego.

>Men arent as petty or insecure as SJWs, so Hollywood doesnt need to pander to male ego.
Is that why the virginmanosphere were butthurt when the new Ghostbusters came out?

All of Sicario

Thats some strong photoshop on McCarthy
>mfw this is the first thing that pops up if you type in Ghostbusters in google (in America)