Vladimir Putin loves the USSR, regrets its collapse and dreams about its return

Vladimir Putin loves the USSR, regrets its collapse and dreams about its return.

What do you think? Is he just a delusional insane dictator of a poor collapsing shithole or a genius who is going to restore the Soviet Empire and bring it back to its glory?

rt.com/news/420330-putin-time-travel-soviet-union/

Other urls found in this thread:

m.dailykos.com/stories/2009/1/18/685673/-
nrlc.org/archive/news/2003/NRL03/russia.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he is a politician who is saying what the ppl want to hear from him

fuck off pofftah

Damn..

>What do you think? Is he just a delusional insane dictator of a poor collapsing shithole or a genius who is going to restore the Soviet Empire and bring it back to its glory?
Obviously the first one. USSR was a shithole. No glory involved in it. Also, if the Soviet Union was still around, Putin would likely be stealing billions more money from his citizens (more like his subjects)

I think this is how many Russians think. With the Soviet Union they felt that their country mattered and with the way it collapsed and was opened up to the free market they went through many shitty years under the oligarchs. When Putin came along the oligarchs were kept out of politics, but the humiliation and nostalgia are still there. It's not about political ideology either. For the Russians it's about pride in their country, not communism as a system. And they would rather be safe than "free".

Personally, I still believe that Russia is better off being Russia. The loss of the Whites in the civil war was one of the great tragedies of the last century.

you're not a people libs
checkmate

>they went through many shitty years under the oligarchs. When Putin came along the oligarchs were kept out of politics,
Putin is basically just an oligarchs' whore, Ivan, and you know it.

>When Putin came along the oligarchs were kept out of politics
What timeline are you living in?

Unironically cringed.

It's certainly not as bad as in the 90s and you know it
Though I do have to say that I know very little about this topic

>What do you think? Is he just a delusional insane dictator of a poor collapsing shithole or a genius who is going to restore the Soviet Empire and bring it back to its glory?
A fairly typical Russian moderate trying to balance factions who has had his planning ability severely overrated by the west.

>believing anything that Putin says.
>Believing anything that any Russian leader said in the past 200 years.
>Believing any politician in any way ever.

I agree with him. Hungarians lived much better during the communism than now. The poverty currently is much higher, and the unemployment too.
Plus gypos back then actually worked. Capitalism is absolute shit.

>BRUH WE GOT LEIK UNDETECTABLE MISSILES LOLOLOL GG NO RE
why would anyone believe what he says

Russians deserve a Gorbachev-like leader, a figure that symbolizes freedom and opportunity.

>Being a marxist
Cringe.

The collapse led to literally millions of unnecessary deaths, famine, chaos and millions of Russians stranded abroad all of a sudden, not to mention the psychological effects
There is nothing imperialist in saying that the Soviet collapse was a massive disaster
m.dailykos.com/stories/2009/1/18/685673/-

he's elected in a couple months, seems like an appeal to stupid russians; ie alle

In two weeks actually.

>cringe
Cringe

oh, that soon is it? oh dear, no wonder he's ramping up his strong man meme

Lenin was a mass-murdering dictator that killed millions and caused famine. You're uneducated.

What's funny?

Well, he can do whatever he want and still get elected. Thanks to you guys.

i'd prefer lenin to gorby

He condemned communism, but of course he wants the power Russia had over Eastern Europe and Central Asia back. Which is why he's aggressively trying to rebuild it

because the average soviet nostalgic is a middle aged peasant with no marketable skills and no ability to compete

that or the slimy jews who made up the bureaucracy and basically sat on their asses all day leeching off the public, or worse, raping commoner women like that one creep high up in the politburo whose name i cant recall

go back to 2ch

im not Russian

>i've said you're russian

This

>anyone goes on dvach besides russians or russian speakers

Maybe because the Soviet Union was a superpower while modern Russia is just a joke that we mock regularly.

It's like being a manager, then being fired, becoming a bum and now even the garbage man makes fun of you.

but you're not anyone

You have been brainwashed, dude.

>u r brainwashed
>t. brainwashed

>living in a country is equal to reading some books

oh yes yes, it's always, always outward forces ruining things for you, never anything else, no, we control the vertical and the horizontal!

The soviet union was way more of a joke in every respect, nowadays russia is only mocked for its nonexistent social development and dictator with the world's largest napoleon complex.

You don't get it. Your actions are what makes him more and more popular amongst the people.

You did wreck Russia in the 90's though, with "shock therapy" (that killed millions unnecessarily)

then maybe your countrymen are foolish

i schmell diasporoid

It's more like americans just want him to stay in power forever, so they have a boogeyman.

And it's absurd number of prostitutes, higher levels of HIV than even Africa, highest abortion rates on earth, extreme levels poverty, highest rates of alcoholism on earth, lower life expectancy than Venezuela(and North Korea) and also the most unequal country on earth where 50% of the GDP is in the hands of less than 20 people.

Russia is hell on earth.

why are so obsessed with russian prostitutes?

>highest abortion rates on earth
How is that a bad thing?

>unnecessarily
think of the economic growth

>>>/gulag/

He might want the reform the Soviet Union, but none of the other former members do, so he’s a delusional manlet.

Because American posters who defend Russia are usually the Slavic women obsessed virgin type of guys, so i had to mock Russian women at least once, mentioning HIV wasn't enough.

Abortion is horrible bro.

>so i had to mock Russian women at least once,
you sound like an embittered virgin soyboy with that shit

>Abortion is horrible bro.
It's just a medical procedure, nothing more.

I mean everyone does it. I was just watching some American guys firing some guns on youtube, the gun jammed and while trying to make it load a round one of them said "you need to hit it like a Russian prostitute bro" and everyone started laughing even the girl holding the camera. It's normal to joke about this and i guaranteed you that during the Soviet Union these jokes didn't exist.

Nah, they reminisce not about the might or ideology or pride, but about being young, living in a free apartment and having ice-creams for 20 kopecks

ok expert, you still come off as an obsessive, embittered virgin that let off his steam particularly on russian women in every russian related thread
dont know where this comes from
but if i watched a video where some nigger called another nigger "nigger", i wouldn go on Sup Forums and start calling every african a "nigger"
thats some fucked up way of thinking you have

You guys are committing suicide.

>"About 5 million--or 13 percent--of Russian married couples are infertile, and doctors report that diagnoses of infertility are on the rise. In nearly three out of four cases, infertility is attributed to the woman, typically because of complications from one or more abortions, according to [Vladimir] Serov and other health experts."

>But this enormous infertility plague follows as night follows day in light of the startling fact that there are more abortions than live births in Russia: l.7 abortions for every one live birth, to be exact. (In the United States there are roughly three births for every abortion.) A 1994 study by the Rand Corporation found that by the end of her child-bearing years, the average Russian woman had undergone no less than three abortions, the Post reported.
nrlc.org/archive/news/2003/NRL03/russia.html

Using abortion as birth control is one of the most insane things i've ever heard.

Are you a Russian woman in Germany? Sorry, i didn't mean to offend your profession, it's the world's oldest profession after all.

Good, there are too many people anyway.

>Are you a Russian woman in Germany? Sorry, i didn't mean to offend your profession, it's the world's oldest profession after all.
you obviously got rejected by a russian prostutute, i see
i understand your hatred

You are right on the abortion thing, but our country is shit and full of easy women as well. Don't get too pride of yourself.

I agree the collapse was messy and the West was a bit naive in thinking that freedom and democracy magically work for everyone. Countries like Ukraine, Hungary, and a good portion of the Balkans would arguably be better off with Russia just managing their shit.

However places like Poland, the Baltics, East Germany, and the Czech Republic seem to be doing much better after acquiring western autonomy.

>freedom and democracy
Stop talking in memes. It's all about economy.

>my country is shit
>but wait guys look! russia is shit too!
>now feels goooed
u ok m8?

you are retarded, you don't anything about Hungary, I would love to smash your testicles with a bat

>separate politico-economic continuum
how bourgeois

Daily reminder

Reading American views on European geopolitics is so adorable

>tranny
>blm ancom

majority of Sup Forums retards would rather live in russia than in brazil(strawpoll)
given that Sup Forumsolerants are pretty autistic about statistics and life quality of other countries thatssays a lot about the state of brazil

Don't you know how to read, Russianon? That's exactly what I was criticizing in the other BR user. We Brazilians do not have the right to criticize Russia because our country is also shit.

he makes fun of him, m80

No i misread really.
By the way I have never seen a Russian hating Brasil though i often see a flow of butthurt from BR flags towards Russia. Why does it happen?

Read these two posts:
We also have forums about military stuff that has some posters that are dedicated in hating and mocking Russia to the point of obsession. With Putin's speech yesterday, they literally went crazy saying that Putin is bluffing and that Russia doesn't have any weapon. I think they have a complex because Brazilian military is pathetically weak, so they look up to the USA to feel strong.

Rly makes me think