Why did Russia-NATO relations deuteriorate so much? In the early 2000s...

Why did Russia-NATO relations deuteriorate so much? In the early 2000s, Russia was seen as a potential ally in the war in terror, EU membership was even talked about. Will Russia ever join the EU/NATO?

fuck off pooftah

Essentially Putin came into power and turned Russia into a massive joke because "muh I was a KGB agent and want to go back. I'm 5'8 manlet"

>Invade Ukraine
>Shoot down an airliner

pssh nothing personal kid

Why did they destroy everything over fucking Crimea? How many people even live there? I know they want their black sea port but still.

>they invaded the ukraine
>played it off like it was democratic (aka sudetenland)

After the collapse of communism Russia indeed wanted to come closer to the West. What they got was shock therapy as (((advised))) from the West which collapsed the Russian economy and Nato expansion on Russia's former turf (read Warsaw pact) which was seen as complete betrayal of promises (Western or was it American leadership made verbal promises to the Russians that they won't do this but still did).
Next came the interventions in Yugoslavia on """humanitarian grounds""" which was also seen as ominous of what the West has in store for Russia.

From there on things could not get anywhere else but downhill. Trade relations indeed later started to increase but as is evident with the latest waves of sanctions and what not that the West should not be trusted in any case whatsoever.

There were attempts by USSR and Russia to join NATO, but NATO rejected it.

Ask Georgia, Ukraine or the Baltics

They were never good. Russia was just growing absurdly fast which made people think Russia was going to become as powerful as Soviet Union again, but then 2008 happened and Russia was forced to become aggressive.

Former Soviet and Warsaw Pact states joining NATO
NATO parking anti-missile defense systems in those countries
Russo-Georgian War

*exports democracy to you*

>Ask Georgia, Ukraine or the Baltics
all yours

why did obama shit all over the relations based bush was doing with putin

>the latest waves of sanctions and what not that the West should not be trusted in any case whatsoever

How do you justify their invasion of Ukraine?

He doesn't care about stopping genocide in Bosnia, why would he care about that? Just ignore anyone doing the ((())) thing, not a single one of them with an opinion worth anything.

>pjotr lives in poverty while working his ass off
>grigorij steals state money lives as an american
>but we atleast got our russians back, so everything is fine

Yes because Americans intervened to stop many other "genocides" in Africa too and ...oh.
Not that it matters considering I can smell the muslim stench emanating from you through the screen.

>americans did it so can we!

>selfdefense= destruction of the country which is ocean away

If Putin is 5'8 I'm pushing 6'6

Yes. It's not pretty, but it's like asking "why can those guys get to use weapons if americans did and continue to do it. You have to use violence to resist violence.

Muslims are superior to FYROMians

ummm sweetie gadafi was bad mmmmkay ;)

so you are

no u

YES U