Essential jew-kino

Essential jew-kino.

Post and discuss jew related movies. NO DOCUMENTARIES, no stormfag copypasta or similar bullshit. I'm talking about actual movies about jews or judaism that have something to say about it too.

Example one: The classic Shakespeare story that's been reviled as antisemitic, is actually quite fair in this take. Pacino gives Shylock a lot of pathos and his goals and motivations are laid plain, and show him simply a human in search for revenge.
The romance subplot is typical Shakespeare but honestly the weakest part. Unlike Branagh interpretations this movie adaptation isn't so busy smelling its own farts, it's actually moves the story along and works as a movie (as opposed to filmed play).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KNWPYQjXSYA
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Al Pacino Kino

Example two:

You could say all Coen brothers movies have some jewish twist to them (and some people have made that case), but all will agree this is the jewiest of their movies.

It's essentially an entire film about the jewish interpretation of life, suffering and G-d. It's played up as a comedy, which is another typical jewish trait. Over and over it tries to teach Joaquin Phoenix's ugly brother the lesson that life is not about answers, and that you're fucked if you ask unanswerable questions. The mystery of it is the thing and G-d doesn't owe you answers.

All of life is like a joke played on you. In many ways this is the most piercing movie into the jewish psyche.

John Turturro plays the slimiest, most hateable Jew in any Hollywood movie made in the past 50 years.

Alpa Chino Kino.
Also Lynn Collins Heather Goldenherch looked damn beautiful.

Star wars Episode 1,2 and 3.

What would a jew-movie list be without a holocaust movie?

But instead of endless backpatting movies, how about a very jewish take on being exterminated en masse; God On Trial, again based on a play and a semi-real event. Jews during and after WWII have questioned how the idea of being G-d's chosen people can exist while they're also enduring such suffering. After the war much of the argument has been made on the basis of Israel being created, and the dead acting like an offering.

Remember that jews don't believe in an afterlife.

The premise is simple. People in a death camp decide to hold G-d accountable for his actions against "his people" and this is actually permissible under jewish theology. They argue both sides of the issue with the help of some learned men, and the stronger side tries to reason that G-d has broken his covenant with the jews.

It's a fascinating theological exercise and the most real setting for such a theoretical discussion. Suffers some from the play-adaptation and is obviously almost completely based on talking heads. If you can survive that this is an underrated gem of insight.

DUNC-A-CCINO!
SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND

Forgot pic

Shylock objectively didn't do anything particularly wrong. Antonio had it coming.

Shakespear plaigarised the jew of malta to make it

I agree. However, you're "supposed" to be revolted by the vengefulness and spite of the jew. You're supposed to realize only a jew could draw up such a contract in the first place let alone literally demand his pound of flesh.

As to whether Shakespeare meant it that way.. who knows?

haha i also watch red letter media dude lol

this thread is lacking in EMJ
youtube.com/watch?v=KNWPYQjXSYA

t.moron who hasn't read either

Shakespeare was Catholic. The Merchant of Venice uses the Jew as a way to criticize the Hebraic tendencies Protestants adopted. It was about both Jews and Puritans.

I think that the point of 'The Merchant of Venice' is that any regular person who finds themselves in a position of power is likely to abuse it. At first Antonio enjoys a privileged (not 21st century meme-privilege, the real deal) position over Shylock and treats him with contempt, going out of his way to be unpleasant towards him. Suddenly Shylock finds Antonio at his mercy and concocts a horrible punishment for his abuse which he refuses to relent on. Then at the end of the play Antonio and friends turn the tables again and prove themselves no better by humiliating and destroying Shylock, going far beyond what was necessary to save Antonio and make everybody square.

And then everyone gets married and Antonio strikes it rich because Shakespeare was a people's writer and a comedy has to be at least a bit retarded to hold peoples' attention.

Another holocaust movie for good measure, actually one of the best movies I've seen in a long while. In many ways the anti-holocaust movie, this one has no hero and no real redemption arc or salvation in the end.

It's a brutal and nihilistic view of life in the camp through the eyes of Saul. Saul isn't a good man, he's just a survivor. He does what he has to and nothing more.

The way it's filmed in closeups and POV is claustraphobic and puts you almost in the head of the main character for a very long duration.

I don't think I should spoil more of the story because discovering what's actually going on is a big part of the movie. It's not really a mystery, it's quite obvious, but the movie doesn't really stop to explain it to you either. Worth watching if you're already depressed. Notable for having zero "good" characters in a holocaust narrative.

>Shakespeare was Catholic
I wouldn't be so sure. Romeo and Juliet was straight up protestant propaganda.

Worth the watch:
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

>And then everyone gets married and Antonio strikes it rich because Shakespeare was a people's writer

Yeah this is.. almost tacked on honestly. It's certainly not the strength of the play. I think your analysis is right. And also that this is one of the earliest "romantic interest" B-plots.

No documentaries you absolute cunt. Recommend a movie instead. Preferably with some reasoning and relevance to the topic.

inb4 naziboo shit

Fuck off, Kike.

Seriously though, Al Pacino is probably the most enigmatic actor we've ever had. Whether he's kissing a man on the lips, drunk at the dinner table thinking he's Batman , joy riding a Ferrari with no end in sight or yelling about a big ol' ass and taking back his 13" tv. Coolest guy ever.

He's a character in his own right. Half the movies he does he just hams it up. But sometimes he can be very subtle. Hard to pin down.

If you watch his documentary on Richard III (Looking for Richard) you'll learn a lot about him and his passions.

well it's the only way anyone's ever going to have seen that scene

this is really good so far, thanks

felix and meria

What is it, why should we watch it? Use your words.

nope dont be a faggot

This.
Shylock got fucked in the end, but everyone lived happily ever after.