Are modern cartoons attempting to normalise gay relationships?

Are modern cartoons attempting to normalise gay relationships?

Why won't anyone think of the children?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Sugar
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=528&v=Dt7kE3MuMOs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty hot desu

retarded bullshit like su/rick and morty pull that liberal schlock but most competent people see right through the thinly veiled agenda pushing malarkey that it is

peridot is best gem

Ain't it the truth.

Rick was based. Morty's dad was a cuck and did a pretty good job of making fun of his cuckishness while also portraying his stronk independent wife as a stupid tart (that fell in love with a meeseeks lol).

my melanin enriched brother of african descent.

Sorry OP.

Looks more like they're trying to normalize asexual relationships to be honest family.

Is Steven Universe actually the most redpilled cartoon on the air?

Retard.

>tfw found perifags on Sup Forums, /sci/ and /x/
Literally everywhere desu.

There never used to be much romance at all in western cartoons, I feel like.

I think anime becoming more popular with western children started it. Anime almost always has some sort of sexual tension in it, whether gay or straight.

You had stuff like the Arnold-Lila-Helga love triangle in "Hey, Arnold!" that never really went anywhere, or all the kids having a crush on Nazz in "Ed, Edd and Eddy." Innocent and childish.

Then Adventure Time started pandering to shippers and we ended up where we are today.

The fandom sucks for Steven Universe but the show is one of the best written cartoons out there, mate.

Yes.

And body positivity. And queer relationships. And all that modern horseshit.

I seriously like Steven Universe, its handling of the psychological aspects of their fusion subplots leave nothing to be desired. I don't even mind the queer plotlines-- hell some of my favorite animes had them. But every new character design, with the exception of lapis lazuli has been uglier than the last.

I seriously hate their tendency to glorify ugly fat people. Most real life fatasses know they're ugly, they know it's in their power to be non-ugly, but they don't feel it's worth giving up eating or lazing around to attain it.

I mean I wouldn't even mind ugly fat characters if they just added them to bring variety to the cast, but that's not what they're doing-- it's specifically a "body-positive" message.

Isn't the show 90% filler? How do you stand it?

That was more because of the insanely puritan content codes from the late 1950s to the late 90s. No sex or anything that could be confused for it. No violence or anything that could even in any conceivable way be related to it.

They weren't even allowed to show a knife or a shard of glass being used to cut a rope or a net-- they had to use shit like pointy rocks. In the 80s it got especially bad-- IIRC one of the cartoons by the people who did ThunderCats could never show an explosion or any resulting flames. It was always off-screen, and always just a bunch of smoke.

This show is made by Rebekah Sugar, jewish propaganda peddler to kids.

Rare?

Filler? This isn't anime son. In america, networks want to broadcast shows out of order, so every episode has to have a plot that stands alone.

Just because it's not plot-heavy doesn't mean it's bad, in almost every episode at least one of the main characters gets some form of development.

However, sometimes things like 's pic pop up and you want to shoot yourself.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Sugar

lol

Yes
and it is pic related

>People like this show
>People like Rick and Morty

The generation is fucked.

"Her father Rob Sugar said that Rebecca and her brother Steven were raised with what he called "Jewish sensibilities". Both siblings observe the lighting of Hanukkah candles with their parents via Skype.[6"

Okay sell it to me, lets start with this peri-peri character, why is this Dorito person so popular?

that cartoon is way fucked up. it truly embodies the cancer that is killing the west.

Autism is always popular on Sup Forums

because she's cute as fuck

I kekked hard at him watching from the closet.

Her design is cute, she has an actual tangible personality and, without spoiling much, has developed a fuckton since she was first introduced in the series.

retard

Fanart always uses her design a lot better. She's intentionally ugly in the show.

this is true

Steven Universe is literally SJW propaganda.

although the global currency is called shmekels and there was that episode with the world run by women where the women were all retarded

>Steven Jewniverse
>Not the most SJW show built to indoctrinate children to be beta cuck subordinates to womanly figures and support broken 2 mom family model

Yeah, they try to shoehorn it in there, but at the end of the day they're good storytellers. The cake is good enough that you still want to eat it after you've scraped off the gross icing.

a show that refuses to treat it's audience like idiots will always be popular with those who don't like being treated as such (even if they are)

Steven universe represents what a centrist, non-SJW tumblr would look like. I had my doubts when I saw trailers for it and early synopsis' for it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

uwot son
fite me

The Loud House is better than Steven Universe in every single way.

>*Whispers**Whispers* "He jerks off to Peri Hentai, my kind lad."

Learn to cute design better.

Her head is fine, but her body is just... egh, I know I've said it a lot in this thread, kinda gross. Intentionally so. I know they think they're being revolutionary, skirting gender stereotypes etc... but this combining of male (broad shoulders relative to the hips) and female (shape of hips) characteristics just doesn't look right.

>69 Dubs
Well atleast we know what's going to happen to the main character of the loud house.

>Gay "sexless" characters
>Connie and Steven like eachother (Connie is a black girl and Steven is white)
>"Fusion" is literally sex in gem terms
>Fat acceptance

Is this the most degenerate cartoon of all time?

If they gave her baggier clothes, or clothes that changed her silhouette, I wouldn't care. But that's not their intention... They want to make sure you see their ANDROFEMME wonderfulness.

I like some aspects of Steven Universe but others really baffle me. Like, I don't understand why it's so popular.

Steven as a character is really irritating. The way he's so optimistic and, I don't know, just the way he's always talking to himself so much really irritate me. Admittedly it was much worse at the beginning when he was always fucking stuff up or being insufferable yet all the characters around him would shower him with praise and encouragement. He's not so bad now but he is still annoying.

I've never been keen on musicals so when it indulges on that aspect I kinda tune out.

The SJW aspects of it only serve to highlight the way social justice eats itself. There's a huge conflict in the depiction of the gems, in how they're all female for no discernible reason meaning when they fuse that's basically a homosexual act, and Garnet is black and some people think Amethyst is black too - but then apparently the gems have no gender, or race, they're rock people who just happen to be the way they're depicted, so some people celebrate how gay and progressive the show is, while others shout those people down because those aspects apparently can't truly be attributed to those characters.

Is her power to levitate over sinks?

Whoops, I didn't mean to quote a post

Just pray to Shadbäse

>generic anime moeblob
>better
wew

As good as SU is, whatever Korean studio they're outsourcing the animation jobs to has some serious trouble with proportions.

>rick and morty is liberal shlock

Did you even watch the fucking show? They name the nose and constantly make fun of female stupidity, on top of shitting on safe spaces and muh feels all the time

I think you're JIDF trying to conflate Rick and Morty with SU because they name the nose. Begone kike

I was flipping through the channels and stopped to see what this stupid shit was about.

The insane radioactive levels of SJW bullshit emanating from it almost killed me, how you fuckers can stand it is beyond me

> Fusion = sex
I don't think you can apply the fictional concept of fusion in the show to the real world activity of sex.

> Body acceptance
the show treads there, but they also stressed the need for being fit and healthy.

> connie is black
she's indian I think and the Major voices her mother.

>beaner doesn't know know what he's talking about.
>posts anyway.

KYS, or just go outside for 5 minutes and let the cartel do it for you.

Share your findings

Unfortunately sexy-cute just doesn't fly in American children's programming. Those cow tits are chauvinist as fuck.

Those problems come from a strict adherence to the drawings in the storyboards. It's the American storyboarders who put no stake in draftsmanship that causes the wonky drawings.

Everything is propaganda, the creators will always put their political ideologies in their works

western animated shows usually don't have quality animation relying on writing to carry them.

> moe-blob
He wasn't right to trash another shows style but it's not right to trash it right back either.

What was the political ideology of sharknado?

InuXboku was ultimate omni-pandering. It's a shame the author died.

Nice digits, and the stuff they air at 7AM or 5PM when kids are home watching TV still surprises me.

Macross Delta really? Ehhh would rather watch Macross Frontier.

I know. I think Rebecca Sugar honestly believes in what she's doing. She thinks she's going to make the world a better place or something, by presenting this stuff to children as a viable alternative to being male or female.

I think her worst years are ahead, when she realizes the people she made this shit for have put her in their crosshairs for not slavishly conforming to their myriad contradictory demands.

And at the end of it all, 99% of kids who grew up with this will happily conform to one gender or the other since it turns out that hey, gender isn't a social construct after all!

I feel a little sorry for her.

>butthurt nip mad that his mass-produced garbage is shit
stay pleb
[notspoiler]I'm a weeb too, it's just mindless bantz[/notspoiler]

Sharkcentrist ? Anarcho-sharkitalism ?

Get your shit together samurai bro, if you are going to post girls at least post a good one, pic very related.

Creator of SU already said the goal is not "to push a gay agenda" but to "normalize" being gay.

Frontier was great too, I'm just glad there's a Macross series on TV. And watch episode 13 and tell me it's not GOAT. The way they tied all the series together was fucking amazing too.

Let's watch a famous Mexican cartoon! Oh wait, we can't!

> all that salt
different style. each offers their own appeal. Stop making it personal.

this is the wrong place for this discussion

smooth and flat sexy loli characters are strictly taboo in the west.

steven universe is absolutely non-political. It's militaristic in it's position of removing itself from being propaganda. it has lessons to teach, but they fall outside the political spectrum.

The creator of Steven Universe is a jew who made gay fanart of various characters and a futa fapfic of Edd Edd & Eddy. What did you expect?

Nah, the proportions are gross even in the official art. It's body positivity. Even if you're deformed, have extra digits and a vestigial tail, you're still beautiful, girlfriend! Go out and strut yo stuff!

Don't have a lot of pics on my work computer.

Oh look, America's butting into other people's business, what a shocker!

What, really? That's fucking hilarious if true.

>it has lessons to teach, but they fall outside the political spectrum.
I... uh... do you really believe that?

Uncommon.

>Even if you're deformed, have extra digits and a vestigial tail, you're still beautiful, girlfriend! Go out and strut yo stuff!
Literally how the fuck do you make this up.

(But if you want to make fun of a 5'11 manlet, go right ahead. You don't have to settle. Smash the patriarchy!)

have a (you)

>Shadbase
Shit taste, Aussie. I hope you are shitposting.

Well I will get to it, Jip. But I might just watch a few others before I get to Frontier. Sense I take way too long brakes whenever I finish anime. I have to be one of the worst examples of an otaku. Oh wait I study alot on anime anyways. Good waifu choice too you have their Nip.

With shad it's 1% hit and 99% miss.

As long as you support homeworld it is. Christ the protagonists mum(or him or whatever) shattered one of their leaders to start the rebellion even though she always preaches not too. Then effectively removes one of her inner circle for 3000 years because she suggests doing the same thing.

Jasper the perfect quartz fights for the honour of her diamond even respects the tactics of the traitor and the only way people keep beating her is with a tactic which goes against their own morality. Eventually she decides she needs to forget her own morality to beat them. Kinda fucks up a little.

.......... Jaspers still best gem though.

(Pearl is for PTSD)

Patchouli is an example wonderful damned character design. Her personality is conveyed by both her costume and the posture she's usually drawn in.

I have watched the show and I do. More than body acceptance, it pulls an MLP "It's wrong to shame someone for it" and other golden rule type lessons. That is close as it gets to political.

If you don't believe me watch the show and draw your own conclusions, not ones that have been laid out by others.

>SU is obviously SJW propaganda at certain parts
>The creators of the show don't even hide the fact that they're SJWs
>Still enjoy the show
Fuck

rick and morty is hilarious what are you talking about

It's true. The gay fanart is pretty easy to find but the fapfic is pretty hard to get to. She supposedly made even more disgusting shit but nobody has been able to find it since she deleted her old account. If you look in the right places you might be able to find the fapfic and more gross shit by her.

Patchouli is excellent design. Zun can do damned good when he tries. The fan art of his characters is what really helps bring them to life though.

It's SJW propaganda unless you watch it from the perspective of a gem I guess. I mean they betrayed their own people to let fucking monkey men live. They killed their own to let people living in caves survive. It's retarded.

It's just a reddittor trying to make us hate the show.

The fact that none of the characters ever preach or moralize about it is what makes it watchable at all. But even in real life, you never see such a large proportion of ugly homely people.

I don't even watch TV beyond engineering documentaries, star wars cartoons, and the occasional sampling of animu but rick and morty was pretty fucking good

That is nothing, a girl that draws fanart on Tumblr made a pic of Steven's family, with a small difference, she drawed Steven mom slim (check pic), meanwhile she is a bit fat if we can call it like that, after that tumblrinas goes full apeshit and starts to fuck with her with cyberbullyng and stuff, the girl got lot's of hate and she almost killed herself.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=528&v=Dt7kE3MuMOs

truly pathetic

>Sup Forums defending Steven Universe

Do you plebeians post about it on Tumblr too?

Well Zun is really good at matching a visual look to a personality, even if his art skills aren't that great.

Candy in space goof was kind of gay

still a based cartoon

Never said it was bad. Heck the writers put more work into it than the generic anime that is released today.
>Only bad thing: Now they are hiring female writers for season 3

rare jersey