Eastwatch

Was this objectively the worst episode of GoT ever?

> Bronn magically saves full armored Jaime from drowning
> Tarly has a cringey 'racist' monologue, which could have been great
> cringey acting all over, even from Jaime and Cersei (especially Jaime, wtf)
> Gendry is out of nowhere the new superhero
> the scene with John and the dragon
> Davos and his gang travels from Dragonstone to KL to Dragonstone to Eastwatch in one fucking episode
> Noone doubts the existence of white walkers in the Dany camp

The whole episode was cringy, filler, unrealistic and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

D&D should have stopped when they ran out of books. What a bunch of fucking hacks.

I really don't know why they are going through it so fast all of a sudden

>> Tarly has a cringey 'racist' monologue, which could have been great
how is it racist?

but yeah, it was pretty shit, teleporting is getting out of hand.

Look, faggot. Dany will win. Stannis is dead. The Lannisters will die. You lose at life and crave the BBC. Get over yourself you beta alt right fuccboi.

They were trying to make him look bad with his 'foreign savages' monologue.

>"prince or princess that was promised"
>muh savages
>Tarly's speech

They should feel like shit for letting that air after this weekend. Real people get fucked over by identity politics and they want to bait race wars for ratings?

Get your modern political agendas and Ed Sheeran out of my fantasy shows, cunts.

APOLOGISE

if I hear one more cringey dracarys I swear I'll puke on my cat

>Look, faggot.
HOMOPHOBIC MUCH?
ummm educate yourself and check ur cis privilege maybe? god -_-U

I thought the episode was great other than the Eastwatch scene.

>Jon: You are the Hound, I saw you briefly years ago and I forgot your existence up until now.
>Gendry: WTF I hate fucking fire fanatics.
>Thoros: HI MORMONT
>Thormund: WTF I hate Mormonts
>Sandor: Now that we have all been acquainted with eachother let's go beyond the wall and fullfil the prophecy I saw in the flames.

After 60 episodes of storylines that take place hundreds even thousands of miles away from each other, they now have seven episodes to combine all storylines into one big storyline and then conclude that big storyline within 6 episodes. It's incredibly awkward, but the actors have such bloated pays now that they can't afford more episodes. Dany, Jon and the Lannister siblings all get $1 million each for every episode they are in and we have a shitload of longtime cast members like Jorah who have been there since season 1 that also require a higher pay every year.

Hey why did it look like Tormund was in charge of Eastwatch? Weren't they just sent as reinforcements? Eastwatch is one of the three not deserted castles after all. Where is the Watch?

Is this how old people feel? Every piece of media is making me angry nowadays.

They have 8 episodes left to conclude the series. Of course they need to rush it.

this show is desperately trying to end

Dragonstone to KL and back is fine, its right fucking there. Which doesn't explain Euron's invisible ships and Dany getting to the land last episode though.
Getting all the way to Eastwatch in one episode is ridiculous as hell though

I think this is fine too, considering we have no named characters at the Shadow Tower or Eastwatch that are apart of the Night's Watch. Would also make sense that neither get recruits unlike Caste Black.

They are overpaying their actors so they had to cut 20 episodes for the last 2 seasons down to 14. There will be some extra time in the next two episodes, like 70 or so minute episodes, and supposedly the last season is going to be full of episodes past 60 minutes. Apparently the main big named cast members are getting like 2.5 million an episode

>They have 8 episodes left to conclude the series
By choice. HBO would have gladly kept the show going longer.

>> Gendry is out of nowhere the new superhero

Was literally just swinging a hammer thinking about killing people for 4 seasons

but the dothraki are literally foreign savages
it only becomes racist when you call normal brown people foreign savages instead of saving that phrase for the horse niggers that exist to raid and kill which you don't seem to understand

They mentioned in season 5 that Eastwatch is deserted since the wildling attack. Jon gave the wildlings Eastwatch.

>identity politics
nah people got ran over by a nazi nigger can't blame that on
>identity politics

It's only seen as political if you're a brainwashed Sup Forumstard and can't separate fiction from reality.

>we get Gendry back
>I thought you might have still been rowing

God damn the metahumor of this episode was on point.

Liam reads Sup Forums. Confirmed.

>cringy
>filler
>unrealistic
Then stop watching and fuck off.
Also sage.

Jon is literally retarded giving castles to Ice niggers. Also, where did all the civilian Wildlings go? Rape northern cunts?

> JON IS SUCH A GOOD LEADER

More like Merkel 2.0 at this point.

>lets go outside the wall when its winter
aren't they just going to freeze to death? this is the dumbest plan jon has had since "im gonna go talk to the wildling king I bretrayed"

I would have guessed you would like Harry Potter.

It takes 7 seasons to march the White Walkers through 300 miles of snow
> Euron sails 10000 miles in two episodes

Oh I'm so sorry Emperor Frederic. If I had know that you were coming, I've had the fag chair prepared. You'll have to settle with one dildo up your ass for now.

>filler

now this feels like

GAME OF THRONES
BRAVO D&D

Surely they're painting daenarys or whatever teh cunts name is as mad as fuck like her dad and then she'll go through a redemption arc. That's what they're building up to right? Fuck this is going to be awful.

And yet the white walkers still haven't made it to eastwatch yet despite being at hardholme about 30 episodes ago. Bravo dd

Most wildlings are dead, especially the "feral" ones and Tormund is their leader now. The wildlings helped Jon take back Winterfell and are the ones that take the white walker threat the most seriously, they were given one crappy castle on the frontlines. In the show, the most civilized wildlings are pretty much northerners that had to survive in the lands of ALWAYS winter.

no one lives in the lands of always winter its just snow and ice

>no one lives in the lands of always winter its just show

My bad, I incorrectly assumed all lands north of the wall was called that.

It drives me crazy that with so precious few episodes remaining, they still churn out a turd sandwich like tonights episode. With all the condensing, and with us literally a few episodes away from the end, they somehow managed to make an episode that was all filler. Seriously, not watching this episode and the show would still have no effect on watching the show.
literally nothing happened

Imagine the story they were adapting from the books as a winding trail that has lots of turns and loops and shit like that, once they didn't have the books to observe they decided to bolt straight to the end of the path skipping over all those turns and loops that the story used to have.

Why is eastwatch suddenly deserted?

Because no one gave a fuck about the nightswatch for a century cuz no white walkers ever came.

Yea it definitely felt like a bottle/filler episode, or more accurately an episode where they put together a bunch of necessary small setup scenes together in order to move the plot along. I also didn't like most of the stuff mentioned, like the brief exit of the Tarlys (we barely knew them), hamfisted and inorganic meeting with Jon and Drogon, Gendry out of fucking nowhere etc.
Also didn't like Arya and Sansa's interaction. Arya's personality seems to have undergone a shift.

I'm interested in Cersei's pregnancy though. I wonder where that will lead.
And I wish we got to see more of Eastwatch. Place looked comfy as fuck. But I don't want the final battle with the dead to take place in the north.

I cant wait to hear all the belly laughs from Burlington Bar when i watch it later with some popcorn

Dumb cunt

(((hacks)))

> put together a bunch of necessary small setup scenes
It's almost a dialogue between people in different locations they just put whoever they want wherever they want and knowing whatever they want now

You know they are waiting for team dragon to come to them right so they can enslave a dragon to take down the wall, right?

Fucking casual shits don't know what they are talking about.

Yes. Season 6 was shit but this season is ultra shit.

They follow me out of choice not fear

Hmmm let'see, her army is

>Unsullied

An army of emotionless eunuch drones that follows her since their old slave master has been killed by her, probably just a sort of drone mechanism since no one defected her ever

>Dothraki

Bloodthirsty superstitious savages that follow her because they mistook her for some sort of omnipotent witch since she wasn't burned by fire

>Apparently the main big named cast members are getting like 2.5 million an episode

This shit disgusts me. Surely everyone would be willing to take a paycut to give the show that will define their careers a decent run?

I guess not though because for some reasons they managed to hire some of the few unknown actors who care about the money more than the job.

Pleb here.

Are we meant to know what was up with the scroll CIA was hiding?

Yeah. You could have read it.

>Bronn magically saves full armored Jaime from drowning
Are you the same autist that thinks his armor weighs five thousand kilos?

you ever tried swimming in full plate armor?

last we saw jaime was sinking fast somewhere near the beginning of the river/bay/random pool of water

they come out on the other side, far away from any dothraki and the injured dragon that doesn't seem injured anymore

seemed like a mighty long swim

FUCK WHITE MALES

THEY WILL ALL BURN

>Every piece of media is making me angry nowadays.
That's because you're waking up to (((them))) and their social programming schemes.

>you ever tried swimming in full plate armor?
It's not full plate armor so I don't know why you bring that up.

yet you can't stop watching week after week and posting how terrible it is. fuck you

nice trips. d&d just want to get it over with so they are rushing it. did you even hear the meta comment about gendry still rowing?

I get a feeling that Cersei isn't really pregnant.
Look at this.
Jaime goes talking to Tyrion.
She felt betrayed.
She's angry at him. Now in a normal situation she would have killed him right on the spot.
So what's her options ?
Make him servant, under her control, through what ? A potential baby.
I bet she talked to Qyburn to make her unable to carry any child.

I'm not gonna argue that most of this season and specially this episode have been pretty bad, and not as exciting as I thought the penultimate season was gonna be. But cane everyone just shut up about this:
>> Davos and his gang travels from Dragonstone to KL to Dragonstone to Eastwatch in one fucking episode
Do you want a whole episode made up of traveling shots like the LotR movies? Or do you really need them to edit in a huge 1 Month later title card for you to understand that time can pass between shots? Like goddamn it irks me that people apparently can't wrap their heads around this concept at all.

>I get a feeling that Cersei isn't really pregnant.

she is, though
confirmed in the leaks

Diver here.
Plenty of time to cut any weight with a knife.
Scary though.

>I thought you might have still been rowing
I just watched this and I spent the entire scene repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

People who watch Game of Thrones are too dumb to understand the concept of time? I'm not surprised.

>Plenty of time to cut any weight with a knife.

Agreed, but he was still wearing all of his armor.

Why do we agrue about this anyway? There are far bigger things that don't make sense.

I don't get it either, you'd think they'd want to stay in the limelight a bit longer too.

Look what happened with Breaking Bad. Aaron Paul was ultra popular while it was airing and now he is a literal who. That's what's going to happen to most of the GoT cast, they'll suck up all the money like a grabbler then disappear into nothing.

>being this retarded

How foolish of me. PRAISE KEK, MAGA

> look at me i'm smarter than you
> ad hominem

>talking to yourself about reddit and memes
fucking hell senpai

It was just a throwaway joke that was okay.

No shit, it's like global warming.

No one else bother by the gold cloak being the same guy that works in the theatre in essos?

Guess he retrained after all the other actors getting offed.

Like I could overcome the serving wench Arya stoll the face of being alive and well in the next episode but this was just cringe.

You're a fucking moron if you can't see that literally everything on tv is left leaning political shit. The message is always there. do you think it's a coincidence? Or do you always bury your head in the sand when someone points out the obvious?

SPOILERS FOR THE LAST EPISODE:

Leads nowhere, she has a miscarriage. When the first leaks appeared I really hoped they were going to drop that subplot.

>The message is always there
Your insanity is always there. Do you think it's a coincidence?

Fuck, did you ever swim with clothes?

They unlocked quick travel. It happens in RPG games.
Don't pretend like you don't know this.

Also yeah pretty shit episode aside from a good 5 minutes here and there.

> Do you think it's coincidence or do you think there's a giant conspiracy between the left wing (that doesn't exist in the US) to ruin le race & country?

>Davos and his gang travels from Dragonstone to KL to Dragonstone to Eastwatch in one fucking episode.

Looks like user does not know what editing is or the concept of not needed travel time considering we have had seasons of traveling time to build character themes.
You do fucking realize hours sometimes days pass between edits? That one episode has always been like a week of time passed.

Regardless of all that shit Dragon stone is right next to KL and Dragonstone is on the way to Eastwatch by boat.

>"MUH TELEPORTTERR! MUH BOOOKS! MUH GREAT GRRM WOULDN'T HAVE TELEEPOOORTER!"

All of you fucking spergs circlejerking this teleporting shit literally need to kill yourselves. It's not outside the realm of reason for the pacing to be this fast at this point. These aren't following your "nuanced" books anymore, so shut the fuck up and get over it, or stay in your fucking general.

They literally are foreign savages.

LOL Remember when you killed my son here? Oh Tyrion you're hilarious

> Daenarys takes 7 seasons to travel to Westeros
> White Walkers take 7 seasons to march on the wall
> Euron Greyjoy builds a 1000 ships, demolishes two fleets and travels 10000 miles in one scene

They said seasons ago that Eastwatch had to be abandoned because the seven kingdoms stopped sending enough new recruits over the years.

>Character is in a different location from the previous scene in literally anything except GoT

Oh, I see that time has passed between these two scenes, hehehe, I am so smart at film knowledges. Muh kino.

>Character is in a different location from the previous scene in GoT
HE TELEPORTED!!! DOWNHILL SINCE SEASON 5!!! I'M GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS GIGANTIC PLOT HOLE ON Sup Forums!!!

Except the white walkers are actually real.

This was cringey af.

>>Sup Forums

> muh pacing
> lol i want le epic show

Kill yourself reddit.

That's what usually happens when a show has to move its plot forward at a quicker pace. Similarly, in the earlier seasons of Lost, the treks to explore the island took at least an episode, but in the latter ones, everyone casually teleported to places where the plot required them to be at any given time.

Plate is surely a bit different to chainmail, but personally no. However, I have watched people swim in chainmail, which I imagine is harder than swimming in clothes.

>Euron's invisible ships
I really hope that they explain this with employment of sorcery - that fog was insanely dense, it would make perfect sense for it to be some sort of weather manipulation. Obviously we haven't seen Euron use any magic yet, and he doesn't look like he's had much Shade to drink, but it's possible that show Euron is still supposed to have learned some warlock powers and they're just keeping it hidden for now to reveal it later.

No. They weren't.

WHOLE OF Sup Forums BTFO

Game of thrones is not a show about math or logistics. It's a show about people fighting eachother when they should be working together.

the issue is more that the showrunners are just abandoning the concept of time for plot convenience. if Euron has travelled such and such a distance then other character has been sitting there for months without absolutely no apparent development. it just never makes any sense, they've obviously abandoned attempting to maintain consistency and it's understandable why, but it does reek of amateurism.

They're wrapping the show up and delivering the most eventful scenes as fast as they can without filler, now that the show has graduated from the books. Think a little.

>when you hate yourself so much that you believe a scene depicting noble sacrifice and commitment to loyalty in the face of self-immolation is racist because you got called racist for accusing your neighbors of genocide

Remember how Jon put the wildlings in charge of the Night's Watch?
Well that's what happened.
Did you know that the elderly grow increasingly stubborn and detached from the events in front of them because they're simply tired? Where did your energy go?

It's a job you dorks. One with infinite leverage. Do you seriously think Kit Harrington loves fantasy books for their own sake? He doesn't love them more than a million dollars.

Don't forget the high speed ravens