ew.com/article/2014/05/17/viggo-mortensen-lord-of-the-rings-interview/
rave.dj/MmVwmFKHJsedFw
youtube.com/watch?v=haRu8ujpsp4
youtu.be/jLk2LBGkMd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

money

You was younger.

These movies are extremely boring

1. A director who was passionate about the project.
2. No boards of studio shits breathing down his neck.
3. Years of preproduction.
4. A team of very talented people involved.

Go to sleep, George.

I think New Zealand sort of took it on as a national project. Kind of like their version of the moon landing.

this post is kino

>I think New Zealand sort of took it on as a national project. Kind of like their version of the moon landing.

being in NZ instead of hollywood gave the creators the chance to actually make films to retell a story in the best way possible.

anything made in hollywood now is designed via polls and metrics and 'what combination of demographics pandering and TV tropes will make the most money'

>Executed perfectly

uhhh didn't your watch ROTK?

Lel I thought you meant the quest to destroy the ring

jackson had like 7 years worth of pre-production before filming started

meanwhile he had to shit the 3 hobbit movies out in around 3 years

Ha true nobody even knew who we were before these movies

t. woman

the best one in the trilogy? sure did, brother.

It was the final hurrah of a pre 9/11 world

nys unironically if you think that snorefest was the best

You're one of those losers who think "DEATHHHHHHH!" is better than "Where is the horse and the rider?"

It wasn't even THAT expensive. Jackson was given a lot of time for preparation and the whole staff was very motivated

>"great! a totally unrelated post allows me to display my idiotic misogyny! [post a reply] here i come!"

t. angry woman

A whole lot of fucking white males. If there was any forced racial casting, be it from director or from studio this would have been a disjointed mess. The trilogy is a result of similar people with a interest in making the best damn movie possible.

A lot of motivated people, emphasis on practical effects with CGI mostly used to enhance scenes, not create them. Good acting, good story, great pacing.

My two unpopular opinions which I hold with no irony or for maymay reasons is I think Ian McKellen is one of the most overrated actors of today and he was the worst casting choice for Gandalf out of old male actors possible, and second I think this is one of the best scenes in the entire trilogy: youtu.be/jjlxzXO1L1M

Anyone on Sup Forums want to start a comfy stream of this trilogy?

to many it doesn't dawn on them that jackson did bad taste and brain dead.
and he makes one of the greatest trilogies that won multiple awards.

Read Viggo's thoughts on the films, they were apparently pretty chaotic and very close to ruin. Lot of New Zealanders ended up working for free.

sauce?

And yet the movie is about different races banding together against a greater evil.
Really makes you think.

>not a single POC in the poster

ew.com/article/2014/05/17/viggo-mortensen-lord-of-the-rings-interview/

literally google it

This racist trash will be rebooted soon.

>white people
>short white people
>short, bearded white people
>white people with pointy ears

You should be asking how i pulled this off
rave.dj/MmVwmFKHJsedFw

>Executed perfectly
people have low standards

>different races
Yeah but real racial mythology is more complicated than capeshit. Like in abbos in Australia have these lanky white-skinned gods that are lightning but they uggo as fuck and not caucasian, they're the abbos ancestors.

In Germanic myth, White/Light Elves are just good White people made immortal through honorable deeds. Dark Elves/Dwarves are fallen White people by their greed and baseness (dwarves for example thirst for water nymph pusy).

Hobbits are just goofy, comfy-mode White people. Even Sauron is a Germanic angel gone selfish.

fuck off will you faggot nigger bitch?

Woman is the nigger of the world.

>He believes The Fellowship of the Ring is the best movie in the franchise
yikes

I genuinely hope this happens. Made by Disney, too. I hope they make it as diverse as possible. That trainwreck would be incredible.

>fully white staff
>based on a white fantasy epic
>no political pressure

This cannot be replicated in the age of diversity and affirmative action.

I guarantee it's not a girl, it's some larping faggot.

They changed a lot of the source material. They wouldn't have been able to recreate the feel of the book, it's much more mysterious and vague than the films.

i know thats why i call him a fucking faggot

yeah like switching half of population of middle earth with niggers, seeing nigger hobbits doing some nigger shit

or trying to fit in a nigger or an asian into the main roles. How in the fuck would they even do that. Nigger frodo? Nigger sam? Nigger elves in Rivendell?

>(You)
He's right.

>there are no black people in GoT

Eowyn was okay, but I'll 1 up you and state Theoden was without a doubt the best part of these movies

nigger orcs and the sand nog variety are already in tho

If it comes from the Rat it will make a gorillion.

>they were apparently pretty chaotic and very close to ruin
>working for free
Original Star Wars was like this. What the fuck is with timeless art always having absolute shit behind it and trying to get it made? Even if you don't like LOTR or Star Wars, they're both clearly 'eternal' films now, like The Godfather or Citizen Kane, where they wont fucking die but it was hell to get them made.

There's rumors about an intern getting offed during the making of The Godfather because of the pedo Jew character Coppola was keeping in there.

I'm not saying these films are equal to each other, but they're all now timeless and had terrible problems being made.

no forced diversity

Actually, wasn't there studio meddling? I recall reading that Jackson originally pitched it as two movies, but the studio wouldn't have it and basically forced him to make it a trilogy

>Theoden was without a doubt the best part of these movies
yea

Don't agree with you on the McKellen point, but totally agreed on that funeral scene. It's haunting, and it's followed straight afterwards by 'No parent should have to bury their child' and Theoden sinking to his knees.

God damn, those films were a masterpiece.

How the fuck do i not remember anything about this entire scene or even that character "Theodred", even after watching the films multiple times

This. There's so much talent and money to be made for the film industry right now. We should be seeing Kino every year. But Hollywood Suits love choking the life of Studios and directors just so then there's a 99.99 percent chance they'll make money, whilst minimising all risks. Every movie must follow a formula and experimentation isn't tolerated. As a result, Hollywood has become even more stale than before. Kino only comes from indie or foreign film scenes. I hope we will see the bursting of the Hollywood bubble within this decade.

Everything makes a gorillion today and somehow it keeps getting worse. It's all gone right around to being fun again because of how shallow and bad it is.

I wonder how people in five hundred years are going to look at this period of Hollywood cinema, just the endless comic stuff and countless Star Wars films that were made. I bet Alex Jones will be made retroactively the sanest man of the time. "There really was something in the water supply."

Only gripe I have with the movies is hiring little boys as the Hobbits
Billy Boyd was the only one remotely close to his characters age
Sean Astin second, Frodo shouldve been an actor around the same age as Martin Freeman as Bilbo

Calm down

You morons do realize it was shot on New Line Cinema's money, which is a Hollywood company.

youtube.com/watch?v=haRu8ujpsp4

Theoden was the best character in the film, and Faramir was the best character in the book. Simple as

From the extended cut i think.

which i've definitely seen

Maybe that's a sleepy point for you. I get sleepy during the elf-forest bit in the first movie. Every time, like a charm. The entire section with Cate Blanchett milfu and I start glazing over and stop paying attention.

It was more jackson didn't think he'd be allowed 3 movies so pitched it lower.

No you have it exactly backwards.
Jackson is a hack, with his full creative control you get the hobbit.
Trust me, he is an egotist and a retard.
I have mates who work for weta and they can't stand the guy.

True, definelty to most "human" out of any of them, dude just wanted to impress his dad and be like his brother

Must be the first time studio meddling was actually a good thing.

Definitely agree about the elf forest, every time i get to that part it feels like seeing a new scene every time
great part of the film

It was the last hurrah of old cinema and practical effects.

t. female

Yeah but it helped that is was not shot in a backlot in LA. The NZ government saw the potential for marketing their relatively unknown country and took it.

>there will NEVER be a film as comfy as Fellowship

>I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three.
haha it's fine i'll never have an elfmilf haha

It's strange isn't it? We have a much larger talent pool than at anytime in the history of film, much bigger budgets, a target audience of a billion+ people and far superior technology, yet we can't even make better movies than those made during a time when CGI hadn't exist and directors had relied exclusively on props.

It's strangely ironic isn't it? We have a much larger talent pool than at anytime in the history of film, much bigger budgets, a target audience of a billion+ people and far superior technology, yet we can't even make better movies than those made during a time when CGI hadn't exist and directors relied exclusively on props and practical effects.

double homo

I think it's marketing that sucks so much money up now, since populations are much bigger and the internet means there's just a shit load of stuff filling up people's heads. Marketing has to be round the clock and extensive just to break through the over-saturation of other news and updates.

I'm not even a sheltered person and I had no idea Thor had his own movies until the second one was out for a year, and I only just learned yesterday Doctor Strange was a movie released ages ago. That might sound unbelievable to some, but there is just so much stuff today it's hard to remember or keep updated with it all.

>(((Hollywood Suits)))

>Galadriel will never riverdance for you

WHITE MALES REEEEEE

I feel like we're in the greatest timeline where these movies are actually good

Could you clarify, are you referring to the 11 Academy Awards winning + 1 nomination film, Return of the King? That ROTK?

>executed perfectly
But it wasn't

>loot left almost entirely unguarded
>massive in-fighting amongst leadership team
>best boy nearly killed by a scratch before anything really done
>director chooses the worst path possible in the weather then falls down a hole
>whole team is split into three by random thugs
>irrelevant minors are kidnapped and security has to go rescue them while main objective is left unguarded
>get involved in all sorts of irrelevant side-issues
>main objective walks into enemy territory
>somehow stumble into victory

It was a victory I grant you but really it was dues ex machina, not perfectly executed

Our guy. I can't respect Viggo more. It's incredible that he almost wasn't involved. He was born for the role and understood the movies on a level not even Jackson did.

>Everything makes a gorillion today
Actually
youtu.be/jLk2LBGkMd4

>Didn't see the 3 other adaptations before Peter took helm

yeah, sure was great movie user sure was...

It's called "art from adversity."

Just watch the behind the scenes videos they put up during production, it shows they had respect for the source material. It's amazing what can be accomplished when people actually care.

moron

>not acknowledging the fact that all those awards were for the trilogy as a whole

Nothing compared to the following scene

>3 other adaptations

???

never watched these movies, are they any good?

yeah