Anyone else find it hysterical when certain actors have scenes regarding the white walkers...

anyone else find it hysterical when certain actors have scenes regarding the white walkers? Cersei and Littlefinger both seem awkward, not just the characters, but the actors, talking about fucking fantasy zombies

Even Jaime can barely pull it off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6wxdrhHlcnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, I hate the whole white walkers' concept, I know normies view them as "epic" for some reason but they're fucking mindless uninteresting evil mary sues, they're just not interesting, I liked the intrigue much more

>evil
They're not evil, man is. They don't torture each other, rape each other, betray each other, conspire against each other, or murder each other. Jon will realize this and become their leader and fight Daenerys to the death but will lose becuase of his own fatal mistake of supplying men woth dragon glass.

> look at me I am so edgy

What the fuck is all that nerd magic and monsters shit doing in my fantasy series senpai just give me more Tyrion being based haha

No, not really. Maybe you are an autist.

It can work if these characters who've been at odds with each other for the entire show are suddenly forced into close quarters and are still stabbing each other in the back in various ways while fighting against a common enemy. If it just turns into Lord of the Rings, that'll be shit.

No don't throw everything under the bus, all the other shit seems to fit well, it's the white walkers they struggle with

Not really. They perform just as stiffly as usual during those scenes.

>mary sue
You ever think you overuse this word? I mean they're a glacial apocalypse. They're slow and die in one hit to at least three different types of weapons. What's the use in calling them fan fiction self-inserts? Do you really think there's no place in any story for a looming threat that demands attention?

The "White Walkers" in the book are actually just the undead. They're wights. Brought back from the dead by a humanoid race known as the "Others" It seemed like the show was going to reveal how the two were different with the turning of Crastor's sons and the obvious NK and his officers. I guess they just decided to roll them all into white walkers. It pisses me off. There is no way there is going to be a decent explanation for the show.

they themselves are uninteresting but they setup an interesting situation among the houses of westeros

The Others ARE the White Walkers.
The wights are their undead thralls.
If you're correcting someone, get your terms right.

This is what happens when you kill off most of the better actors and relegate the remaining ones to minor roles.

The whole show has been trash since season 4. Just look at Lena Headey acting in this scene compared to what we're getting now.
youtube.com/watch?v=6wxdrhHlcnQ

The writing is shitty fanfic OC at this point

They differentiate them both visually and verbally. White Walkers and wight. They don't call them The Others in the show because everyone would wonder if they were talking about the ice dudes every time someone uses the word 'other'.

the dragons-magic-white walkers-3 eyed raven things suck. s1 was the best because it was basically normal medieval times. also the night king and white walkers is a pathetic copy of orcs and the "ultimate evil without motivation that we should all unite against". night watch fighting against wildlings, different houses fighting, forming alliances and betraying each other etc would be much better than this
>muh dragons
>muh zombies
crap

they don't call them others because the average normie is grammatically challenged to the point where they would not know what was being referred to when

>slow

>literally first episode shows ice zombies
>waaaaaah I expected realism
How can one be so stupid?

Just watched 300 the other night.

Her fucking mouth is too wide.

They aren't orcs, they are fairies.

Yeah that's what I said
>seven seasons to maybe get near the wall it seems
No but please tell me more about how they are self-inserts designed to accept the main cast's love. I'm excited for your treatise on how getting killed by an obese coward and losing a general in a duel during an ambush makes them 'mary sue'

They don't call them Others because LOST had a faction of mysterious baddies called the others and GoT didn't want to seem like they were copying that show. Hence the name change.

Maybe it's supposed to be like that? Because the characters outside of the north don't believe in any of that
>Mary sues
Stop using words you don't understand

White Walkers also sounds a lot better

Yep. Cersei and anyone else besides Jon (even Sansa) think it's a joke. Not sure why people think basic acting is an insult against fantasy. of course I know why, the subtext is 'actors spit on fantasy', as an extension of bitch-ass daydreaming that 'normies' aka people are victimizing 'nerds'

Oh shit you just made me remember that Cersei got raped by Mcnulty. Nice.

>They're not evil, man is.

Have the white walkers made it to the wall yet? I stopped watching after season 5, I remember it looked like a massive attack from the white walkers was imminent after the battle at Hardhome where they got a bunch more meatpuppets.

Maybe a better solution would have been to introduce the white walkers later in the series than the very beginning, and space the story closer together? We're supposed to believe they're this terrifying threat to all life on the continent, but all they seem to be doing is kicking around in the north. It's hard to maintain tension when their story progresses as slowly as it has.

They nearly at the wall lol. The reason why white walkers are so slow is because when GRRM wrote the first book it was only meant to be a trilogy, before he decided he wanted seven books. That's why the first season covers an entire third of the total story, and the rest is lots of meandering.

Totally agree with you both. The first few seasons were super grounded, incredible political intrigue. now it's lame magic shit

>normie
I fucking hate this word. Don't you normalfags realise that by using this term you are basically screaming "I'm a dirty fucking normalfag who didn't have the basic decency to lurk for two years before posting!"? Fuck off, scum.

cause they weren't zombies in the books and they have to market to normies

>GRRM wrote the first book it was only meant to be a trilogy, before he decided he wanted seven books. That's why the first season covers an entire third of the total story, and the rest is lots of meandering.

Tell me more

they don't call them the other because the show is already this decade's LOST.

ITT showfags

First book was designed to be first of a trilogy, with Danaerys attacking Westeros with dragons almost immediately at the start of the second book, but the first book sold well enough (or he liked writing it idk) that he upped it to be a five book plan, then when he finished the second or third he upped it to a seven book plan. That's why Danaerys has been fucking around doing jack shit, Jon moves forward brooding in the snow at a glacial pace, and the white walkers have literally been marching in place for the last five or so years of in-book time. The fat man then wrote books four and five to be 'worldbuilding' middle-series meandering prattle, that only manages to foreshadow and imply something might happen over 1500 pages, and he has admitted it's hard to write from where he put the story with the last book. The show had been suffering through season 5 and 6 by trying to follow those last two books' barely adaptable story, and now that they're by past that they've said 'fuck it' and the show is an absolute battle royals with almost no wasted scenes m right now. It's worth looking back into, because it really feels like a real show again that's actually pulling out all its stops and getting to the end.

I just assumed he was playing an RTS and turtling behind the wall. He can't get through the wall so there's no point in attacking it right away. He can however walk around the north and kill every living thing and add it to his army.

Isn't the first scene in the entire show about white walkers?

That's because the prologue of the book is also that scene. It's meant to give some backstory for when they are eventually introduced into the story.

And then there's a bunch of scenes about dragons of old
And a guy setting his sword on fire
And Dany's high temperature resistance exposition

But showfags are too dumb to see fantasy when it's staring them right in the face

The fat man spilled some barbecue sauce on the finished manuscript and said, ''fuck it, might as well go full ham.''

agreed, the scope (the whole humanity is in danger!!!) is ridiculous compared to other shit going on in this show.

That's just how GRRM always intended the series to be. I'm not saying that makes it good but it was always going to happen ever since ASoIaF was concieved.

This