Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UtJtYayW4VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7RjFvcw6ToQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DC

Kaiju end is best end

this, fuck muh american happy ending

What makes the original ending so bad?

Wait what do you mean ,there's other versions/endings.

The original ending is better, dumb nigger.

They changed it because a test group of retards didn't like that it wasn't a happy ending.

>He doesn't know

With 'original' I meant the theatrical ending.

Even so, that post still holds the answer.

Theatrical ending is the definition of a "focus group ending", trading artistic vision for the whims of a pleb audience.

I don't user and I feel like a faggot now for asking but please enlighten me.

Theatrical Ending
youtube.com/watch?v=UtJtYayW4VQ

original ending
youtube.com/watch?v=7RjFvcw6ToQ

Theatrical, I don't care what the fans of the original ending say: I still prefer this one. Seymour was not a cold-blooded killer: he just a patsy who happened upon some bad circumstances. He didn't directly kill anybody, and in the end, he finally came to his senses by putting an end to the plant, saving the world, and getting the girl of his dreams. And as far as this "oh, the original tells of the folly of greed" crap, what I gather from that is that the whole world have to suffer because Seymour made a couple of bad choices. He was basically a good person with a good heart. Didn't Seymour turn down Patrick Martin's offer to sell Audrey 2s? If he was truly greedy, he would have been like: "Screw them, I want the money." But no, like A Christmas Carol, it showed that a person can change his life around if he wants to. I HATED the original ending, because although it looked fantastic, it was just dark for the sake of dark. If all a movie is going to tell you at the end is: "the world sucks, people are evil, and life has no purpose", then you are providing the audience with absolutely nothing in the end. You have to leave a movie with something.

It's short, chep, lame, isn't the vision of the creators.

But it does fit the tone of the movie better.

>sadistic dentist dies of drug overdose while trying to torture his patient
>masochistic creep gets his way
>MC chops human body to feed it to alien plant for fame
>original ending doesn't fit

There's not paying attention and being utterly blind. You're trying way too hard to dig up Disney morals where they never intended to be any.

You seem to be forgetting how corny and all-in-good-fun the rest of the movie was, like Orin flying in on his motorcycle, the Bill Murray scene, and the goofiness of some of the scenes, like "I couldn't help but notice that strange and interesting plant in the window! Well, while I'm here, I should buy $100 worth of roses. To immediately shift to such a depressing tone (especially because I saw the theatrical ending as a kid, and this caught me by surprise) completely feels wrong, as if the dark ending was the redo, and the theatrical one was the original

>implying the epilogue wasn't done in the same tone as the opening text roll
>implying Seymour and Audrey being reunited in Tooey's belly isn't fitting

Fucking kid.

Doesn't matter, all endings suck.

Original ending is kino.

Thanks for the spoonfeeding user it's much appreciated. The original is much better even just for the fright of the plant coming through at the end, but it was just a sign of the times everything was a happy ending back then.

The original ending would be much more easily accepted today.

Director's Cut or Theatrical?

Sorry forgot my pic

>what is black comedy
>what is dark comedy