Just started Mad Men. Seems mediocre so far, but I'm only 3 eps in and I'm sure it will change

Just started Mad Men. Seems mediocre so far, but I'm only 3 eps in and I'm sure it will change.

Anyway, just to be clear here... at no point are we supposed to consider this woman attractive, right?
Truth to be told, I'm actually kinda repulsed by her. What's the reason they would cast someone like that?

Think about the lengths a 5.5/10 like Peggy would go to please you

grrrrrr

the men just liked her because she's new and fresh not because she's attractive. whoever gets to bed her first wins "the game"

>5.5

Maybe in the later season but no way in the beginning

user be prepared, she will turn into a more unlikeable character than Betty, and if you don't find Betty unlikeable yet then you soon will. And trust me you will hate Joan for what she does after Jaguar and you will hate that "french canadian bitch". Pretty much the women are scum.

I just rewatched the 2nd episode a few days ago and at least two characters tell her she's not that special and should enjoy the attention of being the new toy while it lasts.

They cast her because she's supposed to be "TV ugly", meaning she actually becomes fucking fire in later seasons, and because she's actually a great actress and it's one of the major roles of the entire series.

What are you expecting from this show?

THE ONLY GOOD PART IS WHEN JANUARY JONES BECOMES A PEDOPHILE

>you will hate that "french canadian bitch
no one could hate her

Delete this, Megan is a cute.

After the shit she pulled? Bullshit.

Not much. Everyone says it's good, so I figure I finally try it out.

I suppose it's going to be like The Office, except highbrow. I'm sure that nails it, doesn't it?

Why?

Found the problem, you're a brainlet.

It's more like The Sopranos but you're not that wrong

It's nothing like the office, because it's not a comedy or a documentary and it goes into the personal lives a bit more of a few choice people.

I personally didn't care too much about the personal shit they went into of a few story lines. There was some interesting stuff, but most of it bored me and a skip a lot of it on rewatches.

However, it's fucking interesting on how advertising works, the kind of interactions not only if that time but also of that world that they have. there's also Rodger who's fucking awesome and the way that him and Don play off each other is great stuff. Same with how the minds works on these advertising people.

not really, it stays pretty mediocre through its entire run

>you will hate Joan for what she does after Jaguar
She was completely in the right after what Don did with Jaguar.

Still acted like a bitch within the circumstances.

>what is tongue in cheek

>circumstances
Don was a retarded cunt and cost them a shitton of money.
Defend the circumstances, hadn't they gotten Chevrolet they would have been thoroughly fucked.

she didn't do anything wrong

I agree on Betty, Joan was a bitch for Jaguar, but they kind of you know, fucking basically prostituted her to get it and then fucked her over more. Megan was a fucking worthless cow. Throws away a job that "men would kill for" to lounges about an presue her acting "career". Unsure of why you hate Peggy. She was slowly becoming the Female Don without being as much of an ass as he was.

americans have a thing for manjaws

>Defending a walking cum dumpster the post
Peggy was one of my favorites still she started acting like her panties were in a wad around season 6.

>Throws away a job that "men would kill for" to lounges about an presue her acting "career".
because of don

I skip a lot of personal shit on re-watches, what did he do again?

>Seems mediocre so far, but I'm only 3 eps in and I'm sure it will change.

Thats where you're wrong, kiddo. Mad Men is literally just a big budget soap opera.

he didn't want her to be a secretary

But she was good at her new job? What was the issue there?

I don't know
I was just remembering one of their later fights when she blamed him and he said she was right

She did something amazing but she didn't feel fulfilled in the slightest, Don couldn't stand her having her own life and her own job instead of working with him.

The first season isn't all that interesting as the focus is too heavily on Don and Peggy, and the higher ups on the office remain distant.

I honestly don't know how you can sit through this garbage if you own a pair of testicals. It's a glorified soap

Mad men is a character driven drama. It won't be enjoyable until the characters have been developed a bit. At least finish off season 1 before you pass judgement on it. If you still don't like it at the end, drop it.

I dropped it because she's so insufferable

Every scene with her on screen made me want to stop watching and eventually I did

>fucking fire
no