Why aren't wages going up?

Why aren't wages going up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fhLBIMwvnYA
youtu.be/O133ppiVnWY?t=632
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You went off the gold standard and started redistributing wealth to the top by printing money to give to the banks.

>Elites won't raise wages
>Elites want immigrants to make the economy grow
Am I a pleb at economy or is there a contradiction there?

>"trickle down theory"
We'll get it soon enough...

why would wages increase?

Gosh, it's almost like there was some sort of labor-saving device that revolutionized just about every sector of industry in the 1990s. If I had to guess, I'd put my money on Reebok Pumps.

I am doing more work than 8 years ago.

the elites don't raise wages, an employer and employee negotiate a wage....

(((capitalism))) is the ultimate blue pill

nothing trickles down to a bum who CHOOSES to be a bum, please...

BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS FUCKED

(((marxism))) is an overdose of ultimate blue pills

Seriously, what? I hope, for your sake, your saying this ironically.

My guess would be welfare and other programs, not to mention interest on the national debt that has to be paid with increased taxation.

uhhhh mexicans.. probably lol

What job do you do? I guarantee if you didn't have the modern day technological advances you'd be doing way more work.

because they're going overseas.

what contradiction? the elite wants slaves

Federal reserve

Asset inflation

Monetary inflation

Outsourcing

Low bond yields

Poor investments

Global,economic collapse

Automation

Over taxation

Over regulation

Universal healthcare

Like 5 wars

That pretty much covers it

Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are right about the system being rigged. Our tax, regulatory, and trade structures as well as our monetary policy overwhelmingly benefit the well established and those at the top of the economy. It's set up to give them an edge and stifle real competition. This allows industries to form oligopolies (which exist in almost every sector of the economy) which can effectively keep wages low.

Of course Sanders' and Clinton's policies would exacerbate this and Trump's would begin to reverse it. Vote Trump and MAGA.

because sharing the productivity with the workers who had a part in it is decency

Gee I wonder

Import labor and Export jobs.
Supply and demand.

As a bonus:
Politicians are bought out, won't penalize above behavior. Pass laws that encourage it.

Laws that penalize businesses for doing bad things are all fines that can be passed off to the consumer.

Of course there's also the structural problem that labor is calculated on the 'cost' side while payouts to CEOs and shareholders are calculated on the 'profits' side of things.

They want the cheapest labour possible to make sure their pockets are still being lined

That's what immigrants are, cheap labour

It's not about "making the economy grow", it's about making their PROFITS grow

Why would wages go up if the jobs are getting easier and easier?

is it becoming harder and harder to be the 1%?

They are going up. CEOs, Sports athletes, Movie stars, etc, all getting payed much more than they were a decade ago.

Worker compensation has been increasing over that period, it's just most of the gains have gone toward covering rising healthcare costs rather than increasing wages.

Compensation is going up. People want more benefits rather than more paychecks

>Why aren't wages going up?
Demand and supply. Guess what, it applies to the labor force too.
Remove 20 million illegal workers and see what happens.

FPBP, ignored because of
>flag

Such a shame really, since that's actually the reason for the disparity.

It actually is.

There's too much exposure now, 20 years ago you wouldn't even know the names of half the players.

>occupy is still a meme

Kill yourself Sabu.

Ausbro gets it

Jews jewing. The amount it would have gone up is given to the insurance kikes

fpbp gets it right as always

bankers use inflation to steal our wealth

this too

Jew or idiot

Jew or idiot.
Insurance companies demand more because they can.

Good but why would wages increase?

>You went off the gold standard
No.
>started redistributing wealth to the top by printing money to give to the banks.
Yes + usury.

>38 posts in
>no autistic leaf
what the fuck?

no one lives in families anymore
do households
and it has to do with mexicans and CHYNA
youtube.com/watch?v=fhLBIMwvnYA

Skill based technological change

Productivity has been going up because skill based professions like accounting, engineering, computers, other tech, medicine, etc. have been going up

Most people don't work in those fields, a guy working at mcdonalds is doing about the same thing as he did 60 years ago

I'm an actuary. Insurance companies demand more because those entering the insurance pool are higher risk

Globalization makes it so that you need to compete with Chinks who work for cents halfway across the world.

>first by inflation
Get your loans
>then by deflation
it's time to pay up. What do you mean there isn't as much money to go around? Guess you lose your house

seriously though.

If I want to make widgets using machines that any idiot can use, why would those idiots "deserve more" based on the value of the widget?

if you push a button, move a cart, pull a lever for 10 hours, you should expect to be paid for...pushing a button, moving a cart, and pulling a lever.

Whether those levers are producing novelty plastic dog shit or high precision electronics isn't a factor of your value, but the material inputs and the machines.

>Removing the gold standard

> senseless printing of money not backed by anything

>having less of a free market

>more and more nationalised markets (healthcare)

>technological advancements

>shit tax

What this dude said basically

Oh shut the fuck up, you live in a meme country.

'Bro we should go to Europe'
'YEAH, AMSTERDAM HAHAHA'
'YEAH DUDE HAHAH'

>Why aren't wages going up?
government sucks all the wealth outta the system.

Productivity is a false god, komrade.

>Labour not an expense

What? I'm legitimately confused, can you explain?

Population rates are rising too fast. There is a surplus of workers so the wages don't need to go up because there is always someone willing to work for less. This also leads to more of a demand for property and basic items so those go up while wages stagnat.

But we need more 'growth' goyim.

youtu.be/O133ppiVnWY?t=632

outsourcing, insourcing (mexicans), and mechanization

For manufacturing jobs? Globalism.
For STEM jobs? Non-compete and salary caps signed by companies. Oh and globalism.

CEOs literally have a legal responsibility to get their shareholders the most return. Combine that with payroll being one of the easiest things to cut, and bob's your uncle.

>are higher risk
According to the state of California, everything is known to contain agents that are shown to cause cancer.

It's funny how the medical industry just keeps finding ways in which we're constantly at higher risk of illness.

Your post meets all the requirements of a turd polished into diamonds.

The problem is 100% monetary policy.

Creating all money as debt to a bank is part of the problem. Allowing banks to inflate the currency amount via fractional reserve banking is the other.

The solution is to no long create money as bank debt, and to stop all fractional reserve lending.

The big question come down to how do you know how much money to create? The answer is very simple. You find the total sales in an economy, and subtract from that number the total amount of money that is paid out to people, either as wages and benefits or as dividends to investors.

This is the exact amount of new currency that must be created to keep the value of the money the same.

The amount of that money that must be created is rather large, large enough to fully fund the government and give people a basic income while zero taxes are collected. Rather than fund the government off of income you fund it off of productivity. (pic related)

As productivity (for example automation) goes up, total wages go down and more money is needed to be created. If a huge number of people started working more then more wages are paid and the amount created goes down.

This solves the problem of full robot automation.

Advances in technology mean that overall productivity isn't directly tied to how hard individual workers are working.

Imagine that in 1985 a company employed 10 people each earning 30k, each of these workers produces 100k of income for the company:

=1m production/300k wages = 3.33 return

Now in 2016 the same company employs one person on 30k that operates a machine producing the same 1m that it previously took 10 people to do:

=1m production/30k wages = 33.33 return

Productivity has massively increased yet the remaining worker hasn't become 10x more productive by working 10x as hard*, instead productivity has been increased by the management of the company investing in the newer machinery.

*their work is likely easier now that it previously was

>turd polished into diamonds

was that supposed to be funny?

Immigration and feminism

jews

and the import of cheap labor

No. Glad you noticed.

So who do you sell your goods to if everyone is paid only just enough to get by?

People that are near starvation don't have money to buy your multi thousand dollar product. Which is why Sub-Sahara Africa isn't a good market for consumer electronics outside of South Africa.

Globalization.

Industries move to india where they can hire 10 poo in loo for the price of 1 burger. The unemployed burger have to compete with the a bunch of other burgers and mexicans for the few jobs left and ends up decreasing the wage for everyone.

Computers, you fucking idiots.

>Dutch '''humour'''

Immigration Act of 1965.

In 1960, there were 6 million spics in this country (just 3.2% of the population.) Today, there are AT LEAST 60 million spics (nearly 20% of the population.)

Supply and demand.

The goal of any business is to minimize costs and maximize profits. If the money you are being paid is coming out of the 'costs' side of the equation then the business's goal is to minimize how much you are paid. If the money you are being paid is coming out of the 'profits' side of the equation then the business's goal is to maximuze how much you are paid.

Does how hard the work matter?
Bottom line that worker is 10x as productive than he was before.

Also the less you pay your workers the smaller your potential buyers are.
In 1985 you had 10 people earning 30k in 2016 you had 1. You market has shrunk by 270k.
Or did the investors get 270k more in dividends?

Illegals undercutting wages and increasing the costs of health care and education

Taxes and over regulations of individuals gouging the remaining wages

But a good portion of jobs will get easier and easier, the fuck do you do then, simply not pay anything and expect the unemployed to work for you because otherwise they're seen as lazy?

>Quality Australian retorts

This

it's patently obvious

and throw outsourcing in for good measure

>Population rates are rising too fast.
You mean not rising fast enough, we need more 'growth'.

>Giving a fuck what discount Belgium says

>what is computers making so many jobs worthless

Women started working. Doubled the workforce.
Companies started hiring third world slaves. The fed gave money to the rich by bailing out banks.

This is how I have navigated my career. I never stay at a job with stagnant wages. It's very stressful to change jobs, and it leaves you feeling a little helpless and stupid during the training period, but that's the price you pay to improve your income. Training, education , improving your resume and skills. These are the keys to earning more money, not waiting to get a raise because you deserve it

>implying trickle down theory doesn't work.
The only problem is that its trickling down to Asia instead of the U.S.

You already have the trickled down hitting you right on the forehead. What the hell do you want?

We will need workers to maintain and build computers

>Giving a fuck what discount prison says

The trick to earn more money is to start your own business.

A discount prison that can still defend itself. How did that do for your cultural psyche, getting steamrolled by the nazis like it was nothing?

Immigration, technological advancements, and the US becoming solely a service economy basically killed the middle class. There are no middle of the road jobs which causes people to fight for an ever shrinking pool of work. This causes wages to drop and people needing more "skills" like college which increases debt and the cycle repeats itself

workers based in Chyna

Wow life is so unfair.
Why is being better than 99/100 people getting harder and harder.

Not enough resources, they need to send the food and products to China, Africa, and the Middle east.

Don't fall for the "we don't know why wages won't go up" meme.

agreed

Capitalists got better at convincing the plebs they're not doing anything wrong.

>Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump are right about the system being rigged. Our tax, regulatory, and trade structures as well as our monetary policy overwhelmingly benefit the well established and those at the top of the economy. It's set up to give them an edge and stifle real competition. This allows industries to form oligopolies (which exist in almost every sector of the economy) which can effectively keep wages low.

Yes.

>Of course Sanders' and Clinton's policies would exacerbate this and Trump's would begin to reverse it. Vote Trump and MAGA.

Not at all. Republican policies like tax cuts and deregulation only exacerbate the undue influence of wealth. I will grant you that bad regulations stifle fair competition, but the battle against the elites needs to be fought in the regulatory arena as organized by democratically elected officials, not the unfettered market.

If the goods were too expensive, then they wouldn't sell, thus they wouldn't be produced, or the cost would be reduced to the degree that they would be profitable as a whole (lower price, higher volume)

People near starvation aren't the target demo for most products (never were).

I don't make food, I make widgets. If you want food, go talk to the farmer, I'm sure he's willing to give you some food if you help around the farm.

You punched sand with a shovel for 10 hours today, your hands are covered in blisters and you feel like you want to die. You didn't help very much, since you're inexperienced and the farmer had to make frequent stops to show you what to do. How much food should he give you? (don't just say "a banana", think about how you would calculate what that 10 hour day was "worth")

I agree 100%. I don't have a good idea or the capital yet. But it's clear in my mind that the next step is to become an entrepreneur. Its been several generations since anyone in the family did this

Because the available labor pool is increasing at a faster rate than demand for labor.

It made us more aware of our weaknesses in modern warfare. We were astonishingly naive as a nation, not so much any more.