What doth life?

>what doth life?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he meant that Xavier was actually a stealth take that to philosophy majors who believe themselves to have "deep" and "original" thoughts by showing Xavier as a unsympathetic freak who isn't actually as smart and deep as he thinks he is and that to enjoy this show you should embrace its absurdity and not take it seriously, unlike reddit and meme that actually thinks its deep and insightful

So, is reddit going to try to force a meme out of this show now?

Nothing, it's a nonsensical quandary that's treated like some hyper-deep philosophical question for humor purposes

The point of the quote is to obviously show the audience that Xavier is a "spiritual" wanderer, while at the same time highlighting that he asks such blindingly idiotic questions like "What do life?". It's a moronic question as it's possibly one of the most vague and ambiguous questions imaginable, yet Xavier acts if it is supposed to be his singular goal in life. We all know that there is no answer to this question, yet this individual devotes his time and energy into solving an almost rhetorical question.

Considering most episodes open with a spiritual question of sorts, this is the most obvious one in relation to Xavier's character.

Oh no! STD! Spiritually transmitted disease!

Reminder to people who have such incredibly shit taste, they actually and unironically like this show, people are only ironically pretending to like it to shit on Reddit and Memey.

FRATTATO XXXXD

>I'm smart because I watch cartoons
you are literally a low testosterone manchild if you actually watch rebbit and memey and xra

wow so random and wacky xD

this has been my favorite show for years why is it being mentioned all the time now?

Forced meme

Man i miss that show

the essence of life is information stored in DNA, society and civilisation are just colossal memory storage systems and since a singular organism has an expiration date we need to pass that information on through reproduction

this was for people like and , by the way.

There was a thread a week or two ago comparing Xavier and R&M in response to the sudden influx of Pickle Rick shitposts. It was like two guys posting a few comments, but the thread quickly became a massive bait hook for Pickle Rick shitposters. For some reason they got mad about it and have decided to start shitpost Xavier in some sort of attempt to discredit Xavier.

The issue is that Xaiver aired almost a decade ago, and only has threads on Sup Forums rarely. And since these threads are obviously bait and any serious responses are responded with the same two comments "lol randumb" and "xdddd rick and morty is for smart people", no one cares about these posts.

A shame really, because it now means any Xavier thread for a while is going to be immediately pounced on by morons.

That's the "essence of life" as you put it. Xavier phrases the question in such a way to appear as if he's asking a deep and profound question, and appears to ponder on it and have trouble answering it. The real answer as you posted is not something to ponder over, and this shows how Xaiver is a vapid moron.

The show was a commentary of stoners thinking they're deep while spouting off philosophical nonesense. And yes it's random but only because it was making fun of the obsurdity of life.

It's like a "don't give a fuck" version of Rick and Morty.

You're about as deep as a bowl of soup, and your tongue as sharp as a soup spoon.

I don't think it was just stoners, it think it extends to all "spiritual" bullshit. But it's mostly used a vessel to give Xavier a reason to travel and interact with people in the way that he does.

Or is he?

may be hes just too far out for our tiny minds

>The show was a commentary of stoners thinking they're deep while spouting off philosophical nonesense.
Okay. I can honestly say that didn't occur to me. The show still sucks, being incredibly hideous, with almost all the jokes falling flat, or not really being jokes, and other reasons.

I watched a few episodes yesterday. Reminded me very much of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I can't remember, if I laughed that much at it, but it must've done something better to run 13 seasons. It's produced by the some studio Williams Street.

That's fine if it's not your thing, it's absolutely sometimes random for the sake of being random. But i think that's their intent. To make people go "what do they mean", when they're actually isn't a point, much like life itself.

I think...

Take the following not as an insult but as a genuine comment. The show tries to pack as many jokes as possible into it's 12 minute time slot. You say that the jokes fell flat, but may I suggest that you simply missed most of the jokes? I can understand if it's simply not your style of comedy but it's possible the speed of the jokes and the randomness of the connecting bits just didn't click with you and it's appeared to be a nonsensical gibberish-filled ps2 cutscene.

Again not insulting you, just suggesting that maybe it's the jokes that fall flat, but the way it's presented simply makes the jokes go unnoticed by you.

those commas are unnecessary as fuck brooo

Nah Willams Street is just the guys who work at Adult Swim. They "oversee" all shows being produced for [as]. They had as little to do with ATHF as they did Xavier.

Okay. Even if the idea of "objective quality" of a show or anything is elusive, actually having funny jokes and a show that doesn't look like shit would have made the show, in my opinion, objectively better. There are shows with different aims, (clearly), that actually have care and craft put into them beyond incoherent lel so randumb jokes about stoner philosophers, or whatever was the intention.

>Xavier subreddit started 2013
>Tveddit is trying to force it in 2017
What did they mean by it?

Alright, you don't think this is clever or funny?

youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY

If you say this doesn't tickle your funny bone, knowing what i told you.

>but may I suggest that you simply missed most of the jokes?
No, I got them. They just weren't funny. Modern Simpsons episodes probably have more gags than classics Simpsons ever had, at least by time, but the difference is that the jokes in the latter were actually sharp, clever, and well-timed, while the jokes of the former are unfunny, tone-deaf, poorly-timed, and often embarrassing.

no idea but its really fucking weird right?

this show was disregarded for years as "that weird show with the guy with backward legs" and now its being shilled or memed or something

is this a glitch?

You know it's kind of silly to say "The show isn't funny. None of the jokes are funny". It doesn't suddenly change my mind about it, nor does it bring anything to the table for discussion. Why bother posting about the show if all you're going to retort is "Show isn't funny. It's shit. Jokes don't work, it's shit".

"having funny jokes" is not objective

your problem is that you have to try and pigeonhole everything with your narrow minded internet vernacular. what a truly miserable way to view the world

If you can't even recognize one of the most obvious running jokes in the show how the fuck are you gonna turn around and act like you somehow understood every joke and that they're all "unfunny non-jokes".

There is more to life...than LIFE.

what the fuck started that pickle rick shit? was it reddit?

That's probably the second-closest scene to being funny that I've seen. Still, it goes on too long, some of the lines are clearly nonsensical. Also, you know most of the series isn't like this.

You aren't bringing anything to the discussion either by suggesting that I don't get them.

You literally stated that you failed to get the most obvious joke in the series. It's difficult to accept that you truly "get" all the jokes and can somehow rate them all as unfunny when you obviously didn't.

I'm not seeing any more "objective" objects of praise for the series here. There, however, I was implying merely having that intention doesn't make up for the rest of the show being lacking.

First time i watched it i was like "lol random, who makes shit like this" that was like 4 years ago.

Just actually recently re-watched it, i got the jokes, they made sense, and it was hilarious.

Because I think I got the jokes, but I didn't that it was trying to mock philosophizing stoner culture, which I know nothing about.

I didn't realize that was a "joke" as much of a "commentary." Now that I got "that," the series hasn't improved much to me.

I think I can tell which are jokes, which I get, and which is just nonsense, or are you saying that there isn't a single line in the entire series that isn't put there because it's random?

Well I guess I've kinda veered off from Xavier and more onto your behavior when it comes to discussing stuff. Obviously I can't convince you something that you don't like is actually funny, but then it falls back to you. You probably shouldn't post "The show is unfunny full stop" when it's obvious neither side of the argument can actually prove what they're saying.

you obviously went into watching it having seen all the shitposts here, already intent on not allowing yourself to enjoy it. if you dont allow something to be funny then it's not gonna be. if its your thing to overanalyse things instead of taking them for what they are then thats your perogative, but touting your opinion as fact makes you look like a humourless chode

>you obviously went into watching it having seen all the shitposts here,
Correct.
> already intent on not allowing yourself to enjoy it.
No. I didn't know what to expect, but I disliked it more and more as I watched it. There's a reason this and so many Adult Swim shows that relied on this type of humor never lasted that long on television.
>if its your thing to overanalyse things instead of taking them for what they are
That's quire ironic, because if you see people's explanations here and even on YouTube why this series is apparently so great, ingenious, etc., it's almost entirely instances of over analysis that people rationalize liking this show.
>Xavier as a character perfectly encapsulates the philosophical approaches to dealing with conflicts based on linguistic misunderstandings, as typified by the brilliant line, "Chomsky honk!" which related to Noam Chomsky's own experiences relating to
Literally every YouTube comment section and even posts here. Just shut the fuck already.

Well, I hope Xavier "fans" would admit how dumb their darling series is, but sometimes they don't, which is where we find ourselves.

Did you actually just make up a post to response to? Are you fucking insane? Holy shit I knew arguing with you was a waste of time but this is beyond moronic. It would honestly be better if you just closed the tab and forgot about Xavier, I genuinely hope you don't converse with people in real life like this, you're acting like a child.

this went by unnoticed but I'm here for you bro, you're 100% right

>Are you fucking insane?
Yes, I am literally fucking insane. It couldn't possibly be that I was mocking the sort of people who rationalize watching this trash.

That was sarcasm by the way and you can fuck yourself. It was actually based on a comment I saw and I was satirizing it:
>Chomsky honk... lmao they are literally making fun of Xavier by comparing him to Chomsky. Literally this is how the writers used language, to both show optimism and open mindedness with compassion, with ignorance and stupidity. But they are all communicating on such a high lever, that it keeps the viewer sucked in.
Yes, these are the sort of people who enjoy and have to rationalize enjoying this shitty show.
>I genuinely hope you don't converse with people in real life like this, you're acting like a child.
Not seeing an argument here ;D It seems like making up some quote that was obviously a parody based on comment I've seen, made you a tiny, winy bit mad.

Seems like you need to take a note from Xavier's hand book and arm yourself with a leg of his psychological peace of mind.

>it was sarcasm
>;D
>xddd i was trolling
You did well to appear semi-literate in your previous comments.

>>xddd i was trolling
When did I say or imply that?
>You did well to appear semi-literate in your previous comments.
Also, not an argument ;D

K

Just for reference, what shows do you find funny?

Reminder all this shilling is being done by Adult Swim interns because they're bringing back the show in a year.
Screencap me for when it happens.

what an utter bore of a human you are

LIFE dat dere cereal was a meme with me and my bros.

hey man just get some life in ya and you'll be good

Many episodes from The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama, Seinfeld, The Office, Blackadder, Are You Being Served?, and probably others I can't think of right now.

Because I don't have to rationalize, in the most idiotic and pretentious fashion, liking shitty Adult Swim shows made on a shoe-string budget to appeal to pot smokers watching television in the dead of night, who you know damn well was the target audience for this show, even if you personally like it sober? I'm genuinely interested in what you mean by that, because you just engaged in name-calling without even trying to explain what you mean by that, or why do you think that.

IACCEPTJESUSCHRISTASMYLORDANDSAVIOUR Yes! Made it!

one of my absolute fave jokes is from s2e2, with the mafia boss, because its so easy to miss and if you do it just seems like random nonsense. they go to "pavlov's bog" which works as both a pun and establishing a connection with pavlov for the next moment. They walk into the bar threatening pavlov about paying debts or whatever, and the mafia boss says "we both know how it ends up," which causes pavlov to get bruises all over his body without even being touched, joking that the mafia boss beat this guy up so many times that being beat up has become a learned condition for him, and is anticipating it before it even happens. if you miss the setup and/or punchline, it's just like "wtf why did this guy get hurt this doesnt make any sense lol absurdist," when really its a well setup and timed (for the rhythm of the show) joke, and probably one that this guy () completely missed, and just brushed it off as "lol so random"

>completely missed, and just brushed it off as "lol so random"
In the sense that I didn't watch it, this is literally true.

thanks Jamal, how's prison?

why is season 2 so shit?

I dunno, I like that the show doesn't take itself too seriously. It's just a big meme and I'm just along for the ride.

It's probably a symptom of throwing everything they could into the 1st season, unsure it would get a 2nd.

The 2nd season is still good, but that -- and I think there was a break between the two seasons -- is probably what caused the difference in quality.

>someone thinks this is funny
>that someone probably shits on R&M for being unfunny dumb shit

PICKLE RICK

tight

this show is really only """funny""" if you have some knowledge of the humanities, which is for fags

this show is actually really deep

90% of the pickle rick threads are false flags by anti-rick and morty anti-reddit edgelords, and the other 10% were by actual rick and morty fans.
I see R&M referenced and discussed more on here than I do on reddit.

it takes a certain amount of intelligence to get it

fpbp

same, wish it got more than 2 seasons