Bow to me or be burned alive. along with your son and sole heir

>Bow to me or be burned alive. along with your son and sole heir
What did Deanerys Stormborn, the breaker of chains, the defender of the downthrotten, the benefactor of the weak, the shatterer of the wheel, the daughter unlike her father mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_Watch
youtu.be/Bnq6wk9IE2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

GAME OF REDDIT XD

>Implying she had any other choice
>"Oh, you refuse? That's okay then, you're free to go"

Are you guys honestly this stupid? She was put in a position, where, as a woman she's trying to assert her position of power and is being undermined by two men, if she allowed them to go free, why would anyone follow her or bend the knee if there's no consequence to it? That's the major privilege that men have over women - men dont need to "prove" themselves to show that they're serious, women don't get taken seriously and have to show people what they're capable of for others to respect them

The fact that you shitlords keep saying this scene proves that she's evil is literally proving her point. When a woman asserts power - she's crazy and evil, when a man does it - he's being strong. She's literally the strongest, bravest woman in the universe and doesn't have time to fuck around with these old men who want to discredit her.

>burning traitors is now bad

I wouldn't even give them a chance of bending the knee, why the fuck should I allow a traitor to enter my ranks.

What was wrong with it. He wanted it. He literally refused two other options for it.

traitors to what? she isn't queen and holds no land

>sole heir

Feminists will defend this

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_Watch

She meant what she said. It's just that some idiots struggle with the idea a person would prefer to get rid of scum instead of prison them for life in barbaric conditions.

She could have taken them captive you colossal retard. Her father was called mad for burning men alive for disagreeing with him, she's literally doing the same thing and we're supposed to root for her?

Slavery is BAD

Btw I execute prisoners of war

Grrrrrl power

Sam isn't a common watcher
You really have a problem with this woman

>traitor
Wrong.
youre delusional. Seek help.

>Deanerys Stormborn, the breaker of chains, the defender of the downthrotten, the benefactor of the weak, the shatterer of the wheel,

You forgot her latest tittle

Roaster of Chads

>feminism will make liberals suddenly support capital punishment
Truly feminism is the most toxic of memes.

Okay but i feel like gender has literally nothing to do with it you dumb fuck.

The position would be the same if she was a male also. It's simple power play nothing to do with gender

What she did certainly was cruel, but hardly madness. They weren't disagreeing with her, they were enemy generals who just fought on the battlefield against her. Stannis did the same thing by the way. I mean, before he went mad and burnt his own daughter.

Jane, you ignorant slut

Her burning pows alive is what makes her lose face. No one will want to follow that. People will turncoat the first chance they get.

Irl, people don't willingly follow a mad dog

And enemy generals are taken as prisoners, not sent to the gulag or burned alive you marxist scum fuck.

>The position would be the same if she was a male also

I haven't seen anyone whine about Stannis burning prisoners.

I want to see how Burlington landwhales reacted to that scene.

They don't have any fucking human right accords in Westeros you moron. Prisoners are killed all the time. The Starks wanted to kill Jaime too before Caitlyn helped him escape and the Lannisters torture their prisoners to death. Let's not even mention what the Bolton's or Ironborn do with their prisoners.

>both Tyrion and Varys who have long proven themselves to be the voices of reason and sanity agree it was poor decision making
>LOL SHE DID THE RIFGHT THING FUCKING TRAITORS BURN THEM ALL XDDD

How does Drogon hear her whisper dracarys?

Me too. Where's the fucking video?

Were they too triggered by #Charlottesville?

Another stupid guy that doesn't know the difference between prisoner and slave

YAAAAS QUEEN

Danyreas Merkel and her horde of brown invaders are going to burn every white male alive and bring culture to Westeros. Does Westeros even have seasoning on thier food lol.

You WILL be replaced. Stay mad, white bois.

You never said anything about whining. You said she had to do it to make a point because she is a woman.

Which is wrong, gender is irrelevant. I like how you brought Stannis doing it, since he was male and simillary he had to do that in a similar situation.

>Hey, i know youre a prisoner of war now, but if you dont become my slave ill burn you alive
>this is somehow alright to libtards

ok

Then don't pretend to be le "good leader xd" at the beginning.
Also your comparison is dumb. It was more personnal for jaime. It wasn't your average soldier.

I thought Dany was supposed to represent something new though? She was supposed to peacefully break the wheel and free all people by making them kneel to her. Freely kneeling in front of an aggressive dragon who just burned hundreds of your fellow soldiers alive.

Lets face the real talk. Tyrion had a soft spot because he recognized that those are his people.

If it was some random niggers in Essos he wouldn't give two fucks that she burned them.

It is obvious that the show is going for making her gradually bad, corrupted by power.

Reminder that while she was listening to others about peacefully taking the throne she was fucked in the ass twice. And now with minimum effort she pretty much won the war, since everybody is ready to throw in the towell.

I really don't see the issue here.

So what exactly is the problem if she is a ruthless ruler?

She put herself in that position. Which means she was stupid enough to put herself in that position and then stupid enough to ignore the way out she was given.

would it have been better if she had them beheaded?

I WILL NOT

Traitors to the lords they've sworn an oath to. They did not swear an oath to their lords lord. They are vassals of the Tyrells not the Lannisters. In medieval times, they would be put on a stake in their buttholes to rot, Danny made them a mercy.

So old Tarly clearly wanted to die but he thought his son will bendine. He was pretty bothered that his Son won't bendine.

So when he realized that by his example he is leading him to death why didn't he just bendine and saved his sons life?

Should have just kept them hostage.

Which is what folks do in the books.

Killing prisoners like Dany did in Meereen turns everyone against you... like what happened to Dany in Meereen.

What would she even do without dragons?

The actually swore oaths to the Iron Throne, as Highgarden did.

In order of precedence royalty > lords

>Im queen now, because my dad was, before he was overthrown
>That makes you a traitor

Why is it that Westeros must kneel, yet nobody from across the sea had to? They're all free to come and go as they please, yet everyone in a land her father threatened to burn to ash must prostrate themselves before her.

What has Danny actually done that deserves bending the knee? Stannis died like a fucking dog because of his insistence he was rightful heir, at least he had a fairly solid claim.

He died like a dog because of the most retarded writing, not because of his insistence.

>The actually swore oaths to the Iron Throne, as Highgarden did.
>In order of precedence royalty > lords

no they didn't. they swore oaths to Highgarden, and Highgarden swore oath to the Iron throne.

You are the vassal of a house YOU sworn an oath, not your lord.

I think Randyl knew he had to take responsibility for turning on his liege and that by being toasted he could give Dickon a chance to live on and have the excuse of following his father. Dickon, overly eager to live up to his father's teachings and expectations wanted to stand up to the foreign queen also, Tyrion realized this which is why he wanted Rickon locked up so he'd have some time to think about what his father was really doing for him. I think in their last moments Randyl was proud of his son but also wished for him to live on for the house.

The oaths don't apply to Sam and Jon apparently.

NOPE, in the seven Kingdoms major lords swears oaths of loyalty to their king and their immediate superior (read the books or hell just go watch the earlier season where to mention getting oaths of loyalty from minor lords). It's pretty easy to see Martin based his feudal structure off of Norman England.

/this

Randyll is a betraying fuck, he knew that, tried to talk himself out of it by stating that Jaime nonsense, but in the end he knew he deserved it.

Dickon was a stupid dick, nothing else.

Jon died, that's why the oath doesn't apply. Sam is still part of the Nights Watch but studying to be a maester for the Watch

brainlets please stop participating

people like you are retarded
you swear fealty first and foremost to the king, that way when some noble decides to rebel agaisnt the king, you dont have to follow them
why the fuck would the king put the opposite into law? think about how retarded you are

Is Stannis still alive or not?

Probably dead but some keep hoping he's alive since they didn't show him actually die.

They've kept Jaime alive in order to trade him for Stark girls.

>people like you are retarded
>fucking burger telling me about my history
no fucker, you are the retarded one. I am from fucking europe, we had that shit for centuries.

You have the King, the Crownvassals and the Undervassals.

The Crownvassals (Tyrell) give their oath to the King (Lannister) but the undervassals (Tarly) are chosen by the Crownvassals and put UNDER OATH BY THE CROWNVASSALS not the fucking King. The kings may change, but the land that feeds you and the hand that protects you is from your fucking lord and to that lord you swear an oath, the shit that is above you IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN.

If you however decide to break an oath to your lord and support a King your liege lord claims to be illegitimate, you are an OATHBREAKER.

Kings do not chose or put undervassals under any oaths, there are too much of them, nor do they concern themselves with petty lords, but only with their crownvassals.

Randyl Tarly is a fucking traitor of his liege lord.

in medieval warfare you absolutely do not execute high born prisoners and you do not kill highborn captives. They are insanely valuable as hostages and entirely necessary for negotiating and securing peace.

Almost every house that rules a seven kingdom was allowed to rule after fighting against targarian. Some were lesser houses because the male line of the king's house was killed in battle but those lesser houses fought along their liege lords

Is it exhausting being so triggered all the time?
Have you tried lightening up?

>They are insanely valuable as hostages and entirely necessary for negotiating and securing peace.

Tarlys had no value, they betrayed their liege lord and held no importance to the current royal family. Randyl was a stupid fuck considering politics.

youtu.be/Bnq6wk9IE2U

>if you're brown you need to be rescued and made to fight for our political cause
>if you're a white male you need to be overthrown so we can establish a new order

Seems consistent to me.

>bendine

are you for real?

She gave the Unsullied a choice when she bought them, same with the Dothraki.

Could have had them imprisoned as hostages to keep the Tarly bannerman and house in check.

Could have executed them in a less barbaric and agonizing way than being burnt alive.

Tarly's have no bannermen, they are bannerman to the Tyrells, they have swordsmen, horsemen, archers and peasants.

>tfw you will never be this stupid
it's a good feeling

>Dickon
>Not roasting a guy named fucking dickon
Also it's downtrodden you fucking apes.

Ahh, the joys of bong land.

wow tyrion isn't a cuck universalist? what a hypocrite

Tyrion told her to take them prisoners.
She's a retard.

Nothing wrong with it. People have killed prisoners in this show. It's just what they do. If she was like anyone else, it'd be over already. Pretty much everyone in the show knows she can just take KL anytime
with sheer firepower .

Danyfags are truly low IQ. The show is basically screaming in our faces how executing the Tarlys was a bad idea yet Danyfags defend it as a good decision.

Why didn't she just send them to the Night's Watch? Jon already told her that they need to fight the ice zombies.

>What has Danny actually done that deserves bending the knee?
Dragons but she then plays the high and mighty routine and acts like she's not conquering them. Her motivations make no sense unless shes already a mad queen though, she's barren from mirri so even as queen she sends westeros back to war since she cant have an heir. In real life literally no one would follow her except for personal short term profit.

They have betrayed Tyrells by switching sides so that scene made no sense at all

did you watch the show, they refused

the tarlys also fought for the targaryans in the rebellion so nothing makes any sense

It literally says on the books and in the show that the minor houses swore loyalty to the crown you fucking retard, they don't have european law in magicland of dragons

source?

>I am the breaker of chains
>BOW TO ME OR DIE
What did she mean by this and why has noone told her she is making Westeros worse than it already is and that the common dude doesn't care about her at all?

never heard prisons? killing them just made realm madder

Be an old crone in Dosh Valen or wherever khal widows go