What are some comfy Japanese daily life documentaries? Looking for something with architecture, mundane things...

What are some comfy Japanese daily life documentaries? Looking for something with architecture, mundane things, traditions, rice fields - comfy shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pII_2VbgheI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WshkiSFpE
youtube.com/watch?v=lszfENMHEnM
youtube.com/watch?v=t0JRCnoFXC0
youtube.com/watch?v=sBVzmQlc_nY
idfa.nl/en/film/a04b3677-98f4-4a0c-89c4-925beffc9137/taimagura-grandma
youtube.com/watch?v=qgO_k1anooE
storm.mg/article/28425
youtube.com/watch?v=QH-kNnq7mFM&t=190s
youtube.com/watch?v=GDyPwiVObzg
youtube.com/watch?v=YlwC1X7-cN0
youtube.com/watch?v=DArdZ_atZn8
youtube.com/watch?v=8vZR0Rq1Rfw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZazBiZ6ktfk&
youtube.com/watch?v=v41xP1z_mAI
youtube.com/watch?v=9f5vZl8kluI
youtube.com/watch?v=8pW0RV2nSg0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vuXYq9POsYU
youtube.com/watch?v=w0NbNb_SYf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Birth of Sake
Incredibly comfy documentary about the labor intensive process of making traditional Sake and the lives of the workers who must live on site for 6 months of the year to tend to their product.

Really beautiful cinematography, direction, use of music/editing, the only speaking is done by the workers themselves in the intermittent interviews

source?

Can't seem to find it on any tracker, got a link user? I'd love ya long time.

I remember seeing a trailer of a documentary
It's about an old couple living in a cold place
And there is a scene of the old woman put a chopstick to support a broken weed

might be on netflix

"Somewhere Street" absolute comfy kino

The Japanology series.

trails to tsukiji

Satoyama - Japans Secret Watergarden

youtube.com/watch?v=pII_2VbgheI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WshkiSFpE

Webm related is from there, but the doc is overall pretty comfy nonetheless.

Boku no Pico
Good documentary on Japanese romance

This.Peter Barakan is the comfiest tv host ever.Begin Japanology and Japanology plus are comfykino and should be on youtube.

Only vaguely related OP, but Game Center CX. There are segments in most episodes where he goes off to a random place in the country to check out something local that was a "fan tip." It's insanely comfy and the best part of the show.

Basically a comedian going around taking in the local culture, playing arcades and usually losing at everything.

I love the comfy NHK documentaries they do about little minutia of Japanese life like bento boxes and the train system.

What do their poorer villages look like? They can't all be as beautiful as these. Is this an average village?

Has anyone seen this????

Not really a documentary but some user posted this a while back. I absolutely loved it
youtube.com/watch?v=lszfENMHEnM

I remember reading that Japan had a village burning e-waste for money like the Guiyu in China

But when I google it I can't find it

>What do their poorer villages look like?
It varies a great deal. A poor village on the side of a mountain will be a bit dirtier but will still have a spectacular view.

Comfiest Japanology episode

youtube.com/watch?v=t0JRCnoFXC0

This is fine television.

>midnight diner: tokyo stories
Not a documentary but kinda comfy

Any documentaries on how to find a japanese girlfriend?

The Netflix one?

you'll find a few on /r/hapas famalam

Yeah, there are also movies but I haven't watched them yet.

That dog lives a good life.

This was a real treat, thanks user

It's not about rural Japan either

Search YT for Documentary 72 Hours, and Somewhere Street.

This is a documentary following some people in Akihabara for a day:
youtube.com/watch?v=sBVzmQlc_nY

Jiro: dreams of sushi

hi im Matt Alt

See if you can find this
idfa.nl/en/film/a04b3677-98f4-4a0c-89c4-925beffc9137/taimagura-grandma

Any documentaries about ghosts?

>that feel when I only watch Noroi again and again because of the documentary aspect
>like to imagine myself there hanging out with that fat japanese man as we trod around japan
I'm so lonely

Most of the content on NHK (international) that isn't news is pretty comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=qgO_k1anooE

>all that beautiful scenery and architecture
>and a coke vending machine

this is japan in a nutshell

>river flow own way
>very unjapanese
>build dam and 10 mile concrete channel

storm.mg/article/28425

A bunch of Fukushima related documentary

I like to drink coke sometimes.

That was surprisingly pleasant to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=QH-kNnq7mFM&t=190s

The weeaboo killing documentary. It's comfy to watch and gives you an insight into the "real" side of Japan's working poor.

found source on OP's pic by accident

youtube.com/watch?v=GDyPwiVObzg

this was nice

nice, thanks.

>1994

Sacchan and all the other dogs in that video are dead by now

saw that a while back, was really sobering.

You must be fun at parties.

I never get invited to parties

The Great Happiness Space

I wonder what ever became of Stylish Cafe Rakkyo.

>this kills the alt-righter

What the fuck are you talking about, retard?

I have autism, please pay no mind to me

There was this one in KERA about a japanese giy that hires actors or just himself to pretend to be the family of people. For instance one guy wanted to meet his girlfriend's dad and he pretended to be that cause she was embarresed of the real one. One girl has no friends so he hired actors to be her friends at her wedding so they wouldn't think she was a loser, they had to hire a whole family for her too

your point?

here i found what's it called, can't find where to watch it though
youtube.com/watch?v=YlwC1X7-cN0

yeah

this is the most kino thread I've seen in months what gives guys?

I'm here if you want to talk bro

you are a weeb

Is this good?

People say asians have no soul but this is proof that women logic works just the same over there as it does in the west.

What's it about?

Has anyone watched the Prime Japan ones on Amazon? I watched the Sushi one and it was pretty interesting. Was saving the rest for a rainy weekend.

What are Stacies called in japan?

Kumikos?

/jptv/ is a rare, kino board crossover

Just watch Game Center CX, it´s maximum comfy and sometimes it´s part documentary.

Hey there, friend! It seems you've mistaken this board for /r9k/! No need for apologies, it happens. Take care on your way there

A 50 year old japanese guy who used to have a fair amount of wealth but got fucked in the asian crash of the 90's and now works as a part time postman/bill collector.
Also dates a 20 year old younger lady who's a bar entertainer/hostess and their relationship is mad shitty. Deals with their day to day struggles money/work/bosses/family etc.

It's a very objective view on the backside of the romantisized westen (weaboo) idea of the japanese society. Made by one guy with a camera and no manipulative use of music. Pretty good, but it's not exactly upbeat.

A once successful businessmen lost everything when the economy crashed, and only survives because of his much younger girlfriend. He opens up the state of his life to this journalist, which is really rare for a Japanese person.

It gives insight into how Japanese companies crush the spirit of their employees, and the lives of the "working poor."

Is this earthquake flick good

An older series called Soko Ga Shiritai is my favorite. Looks like there's a bunch of eps on Youtube now: youtube.com/watch?v=DArdZ_atZn8

you are ok autisanon, hes the retard for not getting the joke

youtube.com/watch?v=8vZR0Rq1Rfw
What was the name of the short documentary with this footage in it? Full thing used to be on youtube.

The companies don't do shit.

It's their oppressive government and central banks.

Central banks need to be abolished.

Damn this was a good thread

Not a documentary, but this guy makes japanese food. He even cycles to the supermarket with his cat. TOP COMFY.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZazBiZ6ktfk&

Thanks for posting this user. Made my day

youtube.com/watch?v=v41xP1z_mAI

most people know jun

God i wish NHK world make dvds of their programmes, im missing a ton of episodes

Not exactly what you are looking for, but fuck it, I have to recommend this:
youtube.com/watch?v=9f5vZl8kluI

This one isn't comfy but extremely fucking interesting. It's worth a watch, these host cafes are fucking insane.

youtube.com/watch?v=8pW0RV2nSg0

John Daub's show is as comfy as Barakan's (and he's equally as ethnically ambiguous)
He even has his own Matt Alt equivalent for us to make fun of.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vuXYq9POsYU

same desu

Source on your movie OP?

see

>that livestream of of him at a private onsen on the side of a mountain
I don't think I've ever been more jelly of a youtuber
his hitchhiking livestreams were seriously some of the comfiest content on YT

he's half indian half white

youtube.com/watch?v=w0NbNb_SYf8

Yeah, I just learned his mom is a poo-in-loo yesterday when watching his Hokkaido camping vid on the Go channel. Is his gf Japanese?

i love the episodes where they go to the snow country, its crazy how much snow some parts of japan get.

JAPAN IS A DYING SOCIETY

THEIR MEDIA IS A PALLIATIVE OPIATE FOR THEIR TERMINAL BIRTH RATES

THEY NEED MUSLIM IMMIGRATION, LIKE EUROPE

Japan's birthrates are fine, Japan is a crowded country already, so low birthrates won't really harm the country at all. They'll never accept mass immigration, since most of their petty crime is caused by foreigners.

The problem isn't really the number of people, but the ratio between the elderly and everyone else.

do we really have to shit up this comfy thread with political discussion?