Am i the only one who is hateing the new episodes? They are not really funny, they focus too much on being serious...

Am i the only one who is hateing the new episodes? They are not really funny, they focus too much on being serious, and idk just the feel of it sucks. I was so fucking pumped for season 3 and now that its here i really dont give a shit ill probably just stop watching. I think justin ran out of good ideas or his divorce made him all sad and thats making the show suck, either way fuck rick and morty i used to think it deserved to be on a more main stream network but now I think it is right where it belongs with all the early 2000s flash cartoon quality shitty garbage that aires on adult swim.

Other urls found in this thread:

msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/rick-and-mortys-adds-four-new-female-writers/vp-AApSHfq
youtube.com/watch?v=qWUBnrIaphQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whats your fav episode

>Am i the only one who is hateing the new episodes?
Welcome to Sup Forums, redditor. Sorry our upvote system is down right now.

>They are not really funny
but they are funny?

stop being contrarian

Well they did kick out male writers in favor of females just for the sake of being politically correct. msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/rick-and-mortys-adds-four-new-female-writers/vp-AApSHfq

I agree with you on the new episodes, they suck ass. You're not alone.

falseflag thread, the first two threads on Sup Forums when I just came on the site were R and M hate threads, pretend better.

This season has been fine

Pickle Rick is the best comedy content of this century.

Season 2 sucked except for two episodes. It is not a surprise that the show is continuing its decline.

Latest episode

>something about killing of 'diverse people of colour'
>shitty 'Israel' joke, out of character ant-guy washing his hands of something he didn't know existed a few seconds ago
>another cuck sub plot / unfunny relationship reveal
>generally a vibe of 'no fun allowed'

Where is my R rated space adventure that's actually funny?

Favourite ep this season
>pickle rick / was pretty funny with him killing those henchman

best of all time
>dunno

how long before Dan dies of obesity/alcoholism?

Soon I hope

Has he no limits ?

>Am i the only one who
I know the entire thread is bait but this needs to stop. Even if it's ironically you should get the death penalty if you ever post this fucking phrase ever again.

I literally don't give a single fuck about these character's emotions or how they feel about each other.

Do people actually think the therapy session or the other "emotional" bullshit was good?

I hate Sam Hyde and his fanboys just as much as I hate that fat fuck Harmon.

MDE: WP was funnier and more cutting edge than R&M or Harmontown will ever be. He knows this deep inside and it makes him super insecure.

It worked well for the finale of the Unity story. You have episode after episode establishing Rick as a doesn't-care-about-anybody, I-do-what-the-fuck-I-want nihilist, then something happens that breaks his character and it has impact precisely because it's so unlike him.

Feels like the S3 writers are trying to pull the same trick every single episode. They haven't realised that this undermines the whole concept.

They aren't.

>LMAO Rick got wasted and shit his pants! Duuudddeee that's hilarious

That episode had almost no jokes. The only mildly amusing thing was the noob noob rap at the end.

The pickle thing got stale pretty fast.

Ep4 was kinda funny, and ep1 had it's moments. ep2 and 3 were boring and jokeless.

Same OP, usually I don't meme about this but it's so painfully obvious they used women writers. It feels like a completely different show.

Ep4 was the worst one though.

Agree. Beforehand it felt like there was a remote possibility that rick maybe cared about his family and now it feels like they're trying to bring it into the forefront and I'm not sure why, rick and morty works when they put jokes first

I didn't even realize this. I thought ep1 of s3 was alright and the next 3 were terrible. Then I saw that girls wrote ep2-4 and it all made sense. They all feel like fan made episodes of the show.

That tweet actually pretty funny.

I'm convinced Dan Harmon has some deep psychological issues in addition to his virulent alcoholism.

This season is really disappointing me. The first episode of the season was actually the Rick and Morty we have all been waiting for. But the rest of the episodes are trying to be "dark" by Harmon using the show as a platform to project his own insecurities about his life instead of him just writing the fucking show for the fans.

I heard the show was delayed so much because of arguments between Roiland and Harmon. I bet it was because Roiland saw that Harmon was just making the show about himself and losing touch with what made the show what it is.

Not soon enough

I disagree, episode 2 the worst.

The next one should be better. The guy the wrote the assimilation one and the Mr. Meeseeks one wrote it.

Either way this season has been pretty terrible except for ep 1.

Absolutely, I can agree with you there.

>when morty thinks rick is talking about him and not noob noob

Ep 4 just had literally no decent jokes though. Nothing about it it was funny.

Pretty fucking stupid desu.

Only thing I laughed about was when israel popped up on the map screen desu. Ep was pretty shitty overall.

Israel, and Rick doing the finger gun

That got a chuckle out of me because of how random it was, but it felt weird and out of place.

>Am i the only one
No, you never are the only one.
Remember, you are never alone.

The finger gun thing was a joke?

I'll admit the Israel thing got a chuckle out of me because of how stupid it was, but it felt out of place.

Yeah, Rick was being an asshole and being "super serious." It wasn't groundbreaking, and I'm not saying it's the funniest thing I've ever seen, but it got a chuckle out of me.

This type of post doesn't surprise me. Dan Harmon is an asshole and if you check his twitter you will see that he randomly engages completely random people with a very aggressive and dark demeanor. I remember I casually trolled him one time about some off comment, what I said was really childish but not distasteful, and he busted into a fit. The more I replied the more he did and the worse his attitude got. I was surprised someone of his stature was even giving me the time of day, let alone showing true ugliness that resides inside himself for everyone to see, but he did it with no reservation. I think Harmon has a real issue and shouldn't be allowed on social media.

I hate to even bring up MDE because even though I'm a fan I think Sup Forums shits up the board too much with irrelevant MDE shitposting, but his twitter shows him truly being hateful to people so for whatever social-media behavior is worth to employers its obvious no one at Adult Swim is looking in Harmon's direction.

that's why it was so funny

Yeah just like Rick shitting his pants is funny because it's stupid.

He's always an asshole though.

>randumb shitting pants
>unexpected twist that rick doesn't actually care about morty, but instead of a literal who character avoiding more melodramatic scenesĀ“
both are stupid but the latter is funny

Yeah, what's your point?

From leddit:
>Dan has been having a lot of money issues lately. None of them stem from the divorce, either. Just a book deal that he signed and said was past due over two years ago and recently screamed on his podcast "they're going to sue me!" when they talked about it. Didn't seem like a bit. In addition Dan has outright said his money got so low that his two PAs were stopping him from looking at things because a purchase would be declined.
>In addition to that Dan--lies a lot to his audience about how well he's doing. For instance, during Community season 6's run? He bragged about how Yahoo screens was doing amazing and the numbers were "So much better than on NBC." It wasn't. Yahoo Screens is gone, baby. Nobody even knew Community season 6 existed but super fans.
>I say this because at the top of the stream they started calling people something like "Cheapskates" or whatnot? Freeloaders? Well, Dan recently complained about the same thing on his podcast. He yelled at everyone not paying to watching it and said that we're just worthless tiny people who have to "chop our own carrots." He did this for two weeks in a row. It wasn't a bit.
>This is on top of all the rumors (out in various press rags if you wanna google it) that the reason the season was so delayed was a major fight between Roiland and Harmon. Harmon has previous gotten fired from just about every job he's ever had. Usually due to feuding with one person in particular. Notables include Steven Spielberg, Chevy Chase (who's a piece of shit so shouldn't count) and all of Dreamworks.
>I say all that to close with the fact that Dan's ex wife, who was only married to him for 11 months, recently opened up on a podcast about what it was like to be married to him. In short, he abused her horribly, but the one take away that's relevant to this? They would fight, he would refuse to call her or talk to her, and made her appear on his podcast life to discuss things with her.
HAHAHAHAHA

That's the thing, it's been shown before that he actually does care. He implies it when he tells Morty to sit on the chair. He spends the whole ep bitching about the heroes because Morty looks up to them.

This was a stupid twist that doesn't make sense and wasn't even funny. It's the worst kind of twist because it was made just to get in a stupid joke that falls flat anyway.

Nobody seems to really realize yet what really changed. I think I know it or at least I realized what it is that bugs me the most. Leaving out the first episode of season 3, which was just part two of the second season finale, we have three episodes with very similar writing and plotting. It reminds me of family guy because besides all the "crazy adventures" at the heart of every plot is some kind of moral to learn, some kind of lesson that brings the characters back to what really counts- family. Take almost every Family guy episode:

>peter buys/becomes/aspires to/meets something crazy
>his family suffers under his ridiculousness
>he realizes that
>happy ending

>Summer/Rick/Morty don't want to deal with the divorce
>they escape into their respective adventures
>realize they have to deal with stuff for the family
>happy ending

Now you could make the argument that that has to do with the influence of female writers who feel more comfortable writing about emotions and relationships dynamics but regardless of gender it's just poor writing for a show like that because the adventures are not anymore the focus, they are a distraction from the "real issues" like Summer and Morty dealing with the divorce, Rick's inability to show/admit his fellings and the newest episode: rick's fear of being replaced as a role model. Now i wouldn't mind character development but it's clear that these plots are centered around these moral revelations not anymore about the crazy, creative worlds and ridiculous happenings. They are just a gimmick to bring the weekly lesson home. You are watching Family Guy on adult swim is my point.

>You can choose to believe her or not. She is his ex and has a motive to lie. But keep in mind that nobody from Dan's family, or his best friend whom Dan's paid the rent of for years, would come to his wedding. So I believe her.
>The dude is a fucking hot mess and I legit think he's been talking about suicide when people are "mean" to him on his podcast as a way to punish people for "punishing" him.
>We'll see. The numbers for Rick and Morty HAVE to be getting worse with this drop in quality.
Fucking gold. I don't agree with the faggy politics of the person who posted it on reddit but I'm happy to see how much of a mess this guy is. He's, dare I say, worse than post-WP Sam.

>He implies it when he tells Morty to sit on the chair
had it not bee for the joke, you think drunk rick would have been directed the speech towards morty?

And what was yours?

If a finger gun mocking thing for 2 seconds makes this ep watchable to you, I don't know what to say.

Yeah Harmons a cunt. I read something the other day about Harmon calling out Roiland for not coming to him with a project in the middle of an interview, but I'm having trouble finding the clip.

I think the speech was stupid too, but probably if you left the episode as is. I think the whole premise of it is flawed though.

The earlier episodes did it in a subtler way.

That it was a joke, fucking lighten up buttercup.

What's funny about making a finger gun? I just can't see it. I watched a few other people and the room was silent.

Watched it with*

Ep 2 start: they're in the garage when their parents argue, kicking off adventure

Ep 3 start: they're in the garage where Rick big reveals he's turned himself into a pickle, kicking off the adventure

Ep 4 start: they're in the FUCKING garage when the beacon goes off and they go to join superhero team, kicking off an adventure

I used to really enjoy the show. The superhero episode didn't even make an attempt to play off the tropes of the genre with Rick's out of box viewpoint as it has with other referential episodes

It's too bad, cuz Roiland seems like a decent guy. He seems pretty savvy amongst the endless stream of diversity-pushing pseudo-leftist media writer faggots that always have weird violent tendencies and personal issues they like to take out on random twitter users. I'd probably actually like the show if the writing went a couple notches up in quality and Harmon wasn't such a pos trainwreck.

only funny parts in 20+ mins

Yeah I'm convinced the show would be magnitudes better if Roiland had more creative control

Roiland is also genuinely funny and creative.

youtube.com/watch?v=qWUBnrIaphQ

The biggest problem I have with all this, is that you can backtrack the writing process.

>let's start in the garage
>who has what to learn this episode
>Rick is afraid to lose Morty to actual heroes?
>great, how do we package it?
>fantastic 4, Guardians of the galaxy and saw?
>amazing let's get to work

Remember when Morty's teenage libido caused the end of our world and turned the populace in mutated monsters? We'll never get this kind of writing back I'm afraid.

>>ITT
>>Two morons fighting about finger gun skit
It got a heavy exhale out of me.

But yeah, show's going to shit. When did Morty become such a fucking pussy? Season 2 he really matured with shit like the Purge, the Miniverse, the Squanch Wedding, Galactic Fart Cloud, etc. At the end of all of those he was starting to almost resemble Rick with how little he gave a shit anymore and how unfazed he was with every consecutive extraordinary event.

>S4E04
>OH BOY RICK LETS ANSWER GO ON AN ADVENTURE
>ALL THOSE TIMES WHERE SOMETHING WENT WRONG BECAUSE OF OUR ADVENTURES? FORGET ABOUT IT
>ALMOST GETTING RAPED? NEVER EVEN HAPPENED
>BEING ADOPTED BY A SAVAGE JUNGLE TRIBE? SO SEASON 2
>SENTIENT FART ARMY ANYONE?

And what the fuck happened with Rick getting imprisoned? How the fuck are you gonna just sweep that under the table after the amount of emotional investment it generated?

Goddamn. I was excited to see how it was gonna play out. Maybe Morty finally starts becoming independent, able to take shit into his own hands, and uses Rick's lab shit to free him.

Instead it was the same old Rick ex Machina.

Fuck Harmon and that new bitch who didn't get onboarded into the plot.

the writing seems aggressively lazy now, everything feels so arbitrary. obviously due to the nature of the show with the alternate realities and everything there's always going to be random elements in the plot but it really feels half-assed now.

>pickle rick gets flushed and ends up in some secret russian base for a boring action movie parody
>this episode ends with a rap concert because it'll be... funny?

not to mention all the gore and ultraviolence is uninteresting filler

Thank the diversity hire writers.

Here's the problem with the show getting successful. Justin is pure creative and funny as fuck, Dan is the logistics. As the show gets more successful, adult swim leans more into Dan's story circle concept (you can see it in everything he's ever written, look it up) while allowing less of the out there jokes. The Rick shjtting all over the conference room was pure roiland, but wasn't contrasted with his weird jokes, which normally saves the low brow stuff.

I highly recommend Grandma's virginity podcast, roiland and Ryan Ridley (writes and voices some stuff on r&m) play off each other so well

It's shit. The good writers are all gone.

daaaaamn...
And I used to respect this guy as an okay writer.
Word on the street used to be that he had major dad issues.

>As the show gets more successful, adult swim leans more into Dan's story circle concept
Why though? It's so uninteresting seeing the same character arc being repeated every week.

>go from neat sci-fi things like Unity and the Council of Ricks to an Avengers parody and Pickle Rick

Yeah, it's shit

I'd have vaulted too if I was them, to other studios or broadcast sitcoms

>implying people that do that don't get off by doing it

some people just love to get mad

They don't give a shit. They see the wheel as a easy and fast way to churn out material, that's all they care about.

>DAE le rick and morty is unfunny xD?
fuck off, rick and morty is one of the best shows ever

Sorry about the watermark. Imagine it says "God is not real," or "I am the superior master of my own fate," or something.

I'm christian though

PICKLE RICK

>check the rick and morty subreddit

Holy shit, even they're turning

hmm..I think I suddenly like Rick and Morty

>featuring Logic
>they had Susan Sarandon last week

Is it going down the zombie simpsons route

Dan Harmon has always been an ass. He is the type of guy that will get into fights over the littlest thing. He is like an aggressive larry david.

Harmon is completely tone deaf. He posted on twitter about how an Uber driver had the audacity to take he feet off the seats and how he went on a rant against the driver. When people told him he was wrong he acted like a child and got defensive.

wtf i love rick and morty now

wtf i love rick and morty now

The reddit fan base is split 60/40. Most still blindly love the show.

The idea of a drunk Rick creating a Saw scenario is great and I don't know how they blew it so fucking hard

>mad max
>PICKLE RICKLE + diehard
>guardians of the galaxy + saw

absolutely ebin, so glad all these strong women are bringing such original ideas to the show

that said the idea of rick setting traps while drunk that he then forgets about and has to solve them is a brilliant idea, i assume that was from a male in the room who had other brilliant ideas which were then shouted down

I am most in agreement.

This last episode, though, The Vindicators was good. They dropped the storytelling in favor of joke telling to its benefit.

It can still come back, I believe, but they have to make every episode in the rest of the season at least as good as Vindicators 3.

I really like the concept of this episode.

>Morty looks up to heroes,
>Rick decides to show them as being flawed or not truly heroic.
>Morty is frustrated with Rick
>Rick literally becomes the villain
>Morty is once again reminded that rick is an asshole when he sets up SAW scenario to expose heroes

My main issues with this episode is that it wasn't funny. Premise could have really worked. Personally I didn't like that we just killed of the vindicators for cheap laughs. Is keeping them alive and having them face their flaws too hard to write? I honestly thought the main hero was going to offer a good counter to Rick's dark outlook.

Maybe he would have to face the consequences of his actions. The ends justifies the means etc. Nah we just kill them all off. Never have to worry about them again.

I expected them to make fun of Marvel/DC movies but it didn't go anywhere.

Not sure why logic (rapper that appeared at the end) even had to show up. Just hey here he is! He is a fan of the show!

Great, now we can get the mindless sheep to comment "Rick&Morty AND Logic?! My two favorite things!!! XD"

what font is that my dude?

>reddit and memey
the show has always been fucking shit

>when they just randomly drop some term like "people of color", as if rick would ever say that

god this shit is annoying

>90% of the threads on Sup Forums right now are currently game of thrones or Rick and morty

Yeah that Reddit website is so stupid! We are so different and better than them right?

No you're right, they just aren't funny. I still watch because of the crazy Sci fi. But anyone who thinks the new episodes are as funny as the old ones are just fanboying

So are they just going to steal ideas from films for the rest of the show?

yeah i dont like em either. very mediocre

no wonder its shit now

Seriously what the fuck was that line?