Mfw the US is literally breaking our steel industry

>mfw the US is literally breaking our steel industry
Fucking americans

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_United_States_steel_tariff
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw brazil and canada will get hit harder than mexico
lol

I mean going full protectionist is just stupid. They are going to isolate themselves in the World, they should at least have defined who are their allies ideologically and who are their enemies

I agree

nothing personnel kid

We don't need allies, we are great by ourselves

Sadly, the USA is a crony-capitalist country now. The free market that made it rich and strong is on its last legs.

>bolsanaro dickrides trump all day
>trump tries to destroy brazil
>bolsanaro just lost the election thanks to trump
fantastic really.

Alckmin is probably the one that is going to win

better damage control than i've seen from most right wing brazilians but you have just entered lula country full speed

What they have not told them is that gerdau and CSN already have a sizeable US subsidiareis so they won't get affected as the steel is already produed in the USA.

Obssessing with it is just dumb though. Trade is only one element of an economy and when unemployment and inflation start to increase in the US again, trump will be forced to lift the tariffs or spiral into a populist shithole like the rest of latin america

the left is unironically dead, for real, to the point that people are seeing the army as heroes for intervening at the Rio State police and some want the monarchy back lol. Both the military which are supported by Bolsonaro Voters and monarchists which will probably vote for Alckmin due to parliamentarism want change, and the left can't offer that

It's funny how US protectionists rhetoric similar to the Russian one circa 2014-2015 (when sanctions were imposed)
Truly Russia is simultaneously 10 behind and 5 years ahead of other countries

>monarchists
mentally ill minority
>bolanaro voters
after the trump announcements? either they are self loathers so odious nobody will want to approach them or ideologues so delusional they can't run any kind of campaign.
I think the left will still clean up.

t. Imperial China

I hope that EU will retaliate with massive tariffs of its own ranging from steel industry to cars, foods, electronics etc. US has shown itself as an unreliable trading partner and can't be trusted.

fuck drumpf

#notmypresident

>They are going to isolate themselves in the World
It's desired by most of the country. They're tired that we are really involved in the world stage rather than fixing our internal problems.
>they should at least have defined who are their allies ideologically
Our leader shits on our ideological allies regularly while offers praise to our ideological """enemies"""

Bolsonaro literally wants Military Dictatorship, or at least a government modeled after it. It literally implies in patriotism and nationalism like the Military Dictatorship, if anything back then the government fought Soviet influence while approaching the US, but they were never neoliberals like we were in 90s, if anything they were even more protectionist than Lula.
>mentally ill minority
Their biggest strength is that they are organized as fuck and they literally have contacts of the high strata of all country due to the circle of traditional catholics. Hence why they are growing as fuck, the elites are slowly buying their agenda, as Bolsonaro is too much radical

>we get one anti trade meme retarded president after a long period of being pri trade
>Us has shown itself as unreliable trade partner
Kys. This is just a 3 years phase.

Why is trump such an israel shill then?

>It literally implies in patriotism and nationalism
Not really. Everyone with a brain or that lived through it knows it actually implies being a pliant slave to the burgers with the occasional military march. With Trump at the helm this prospect is even proving to be too disgusting to even the worst traitors. This is also why monarchists are dead on arrival.
>growing
Factions are merely splitting. Right wingers are becoming more erratic, factional and unable to cooperate across the board which is a good thing.

Based. Hopefully European firms stop investing in the US and start focusing on China.

He just wants to revive the American steel industry.

now you are just baiting

Try me.

Kys finn shill

It's mostly for biblical purposes.

Typical Amerimutt, we should just bend over and let America do to us whatever they want. Fuck that, sooner people in Europe realize that America isn't our friend but a bitter rival the better. EU needs to take a firm stand against Americans. This means huge tariffs against US and readjustment of trade to reliable partners like China.

Lol all this chilling for china and hyperbolic exaggeration about America . Read this you retard.

America is destroying free trade with it's tariffs, NOTHING hyperbolic about that. Thankfully EU is willing to fight fire with fire.

>readjustment of trade to reliable partners like China.

>The Americans don't want to buy our shit anymore and run a trade deficit with us.
>I know who will do those things. China!!! XD

Good luck with that.

Yeah but it's just a trump period. You are making it like we were always anti trade and were your bitter ennemy. And trump is a neocon in disguise so there is a possibility that he doesn't do anything significant in the end and this all just talk.

he's not wrong though. even your American oil companies want pipelines to our west coast instead of just to refineries in Texas.

Trump will get re-elected and I would not be surprised if the America First policies will continue to be supported by amerimutt population after Trumps terms have ended. I'm just glad that EU seems to have realized to this.

>Completely addicted to learning shit about other countries
>Visit Sup Forums
>Nothing but generals and Sup Forumsshit

Can we make a new Sup Forums? You know, one that doesn't suck this time?

see the sad fact is, you've always been dicks with trade. you guys complain about china's trade practices when it's the USA who has the most WTO complaints made against them. you guys also lose most of them. even in 2002 when you guys put steel tariffs in place, bush knew they wouldn't stand up to a WTO challenge but you fucked with Europe's steel industry for 2 years just to buy votes and rescinded the tariffs after Europe was allowed to launch counter duties.

We aren't the only ones who do shit like that in this world we had got the most complaints because we are the biggest traders.
No he won't stop hating on america you autistic finn.

they will fail

these types of trade tricks cant work in the modern economy. china once tried to stop exporting rare earth to japan in retribution but they eventually dropped because japan made other deals with other countries and the chinese companies went out of business due to it.

at the beginning americans will get some new jobs inside their country but that doesnt mean they can sell it well or grow.

you have 3 times the complaints, you hold only 24% of the worlds GDP in nominal. even less in the PPP GDP share. that's only counting the since 2001, when china joined the WTO.

I support this 100%. Most of the time I end up just lurking and leaving out of disgust.

I'm mostly pro Trump, but this is just a dumb move. Yes the US has the largest military and is the richest nation in the world, but when China, Russia and the EU respond in kind to this trade war the US is going to be off the worst

>Trump goes full commie
>Sup Forumstards will still support him

>I mean going full protectionist is just stupid.
Tell it to Brazilian goverment in regards to tech.

Hopefully this will end soon now that the lefties are fragmented. We just can't elect shit like

We arent full protectionist as we have Mercosur and planning to expand it to the EU. As I said we aligned ideologically with the ones we view as allies while the rest we are neutral

>Alckmin
>leftist
wut

Not saying he is a leftist but he won't change anything that matters. We need someone willing to tackle big state and centralized power at Brasilia.

well the last PSDB government literally privatized every but what is left nowadays

psdb is a traditional party whose main purpose is self perpetuation. Privatizing is not enough, we need policy changes and stop shaddy governments deals to give more money and power to Brasilia and the central government.
Not to mention he is in bed with religious factions.

>You are making it like we were always anti trade
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_United_States_steel_tariff
user, I...

>tfw Trump is cutting off our suppliers

Why must he be such a nigger about this?

Blame trump. Not my president

But, being a nuisance to the World is part of the American culture.

>to reliable partners like China.
hahaha

Wait, but we gave you the steel industry right before WW2 to set you straight since you were flirting with the nazis.

The funny part is before trump was elected it was mostly a meme and a thing of the past. Now it is classical stereotypical american bear annoying everyone. You memed about that you got it.

>t.third world parasite

That's literally his campaign promise though. FFS why does Sup Forums filled with retards who never read anything regarding politics?

Yes, he was just busy shit flinging at home now is the time.

>tfw eu and asean can get away with big tariffs.

>tfw gooland bloomfp got blame for it.

The goal of every party in a republic is to self perpetuate don't fool yourself

His campaign promise was to hurt Mexico and specially China. But so far, all he has done is

>talk shit about mexico
>put tariffs on canadian milk
>talk shit about mexico
>put tariffs on canadian wood
>talk shit about mexico
>put tariffs on EU, Canadian and Brazilian steel
>literally send jobs and strengthen the chinese economy

Why "does" you are such a brainlet?

If the other nations of the world somehow managed to collectively put aside their differences and work together they could easily overpower the US both economically and militarily.

China and Russia are already superpowers of within a similar order of magnitude the US and India is catching up as well. With trade deals between these nations to keep resources flowing and prices cheap and military protection between them as well you'd have a superpower that could easily go toe to toe with the US. Throw in Europe, Australia, and Canada and we're basically finished. We'd either be forced to cooperate or we'd get aggressive and you'd have to put the US down violently. Not really what I'm look for since you know, I live here and all but there's no fixing our incompetent leadership or our borderline retarded voter base.

If anyone ever wants to invade and liberate us from our tyrannical government just let me know. I'll help you get in.

This is fucking "if you kill your enemies they win"-tier. China is literally half of the world in terms of the steel industry. Let me guess, the true way to stick it to the chinks is to have free trade while they uphold tariffs according to big brained neoliberal internationalists

>MUHHHHHHHHHH VIDYA

cringe

>China
>Russia
>Within a similar order of magnitude as the US
"no"

>If anyone ever wants to invade and liberate us from our tyrannical government just let me know. I'll help you get in.
Do it yourself. I'm fucking waiting for the day you assholes Balkanize, hopefully just like China and Russia.

Oh wow, I thought all 'muricanns were bad butt yuo are one off the good onnes!!!! XDDDDD [upvoted]

america noooooo stay involved in everyones shit
meddles with your shit
fuck you america stupid meddlesome wh*te fucks death to america

There is a difference between meddling with everyone's business and buying stuff and respecting each other

>They are going to isolate themselves in the World
'no'. We control like 50% of the earth's money

The United States has an $800 Billion Dollar Yearly Trade Deficit because of our “very stupid” trade deals and policies. Our jobs and wealth are being given to other countries that have taken advantage of us for years. They laugh at what fools our leaders have been. No more!

brazil is a shithole country

Money means shit if you haven't got power m8. As soon as petrodollar dies your country is going to be poor.
A shithole that supplies most of your high quality steel needs to your industry.

We do have power lol. We're the worlds largest consumer market and we have endless resources

let me guess, Sup Forums migrant?

>according to big brained neoliberal internationalists
america should train managers to utilize cheap nignog labour in africa to undercut china steel on the global market, this also stops white genocide

we don’t need anything from brazil

your steel sucks and is gay as fuck

upboats to the left xDDD

I have never made a serious post on /pol. Your post still doesnt adress the fact that china protects their own industries with tariffs, there is no sense in getting ripped off.

Not for long. Cut yourself off and in 50 years China will force you to import designer drugs at gunpoint, after lasering all your nuclear weapons.

lel

>reddit

I dont know, it worked for Japan after WW2.

Japan needed prime resources from other countries, I mean protectionism is decent in moderation but going full protectionist is stupid, specially when you have industry and need to sell shit to other countries

>I mean going full protectionist is just stupid.
How just about every major or middle economical power built themselves up to enforce their industry in whatever areas upon others throughout history. And Brazil is up there amongst protectionists.

I mean USA going full protectionist. I mean I am ok with them fucking China, but fucking Canada, the EU and us makes no sense.

This is only the beginning. China will fall.

Is he doing this to distract from all the gun stuff?

kek. get fucked

This is going to affect us too.

Why does the US public hate Canada so much?

>using youtube ironic eceleb commentator lingo
kys

i agree brazil, this is retarded

>another lebanese
lol wtf is wrong with your country

I'm confused, I thought Americans were capitalists ?

Eat shit 3rd world monkey. America First.

Jealousy

If you think putting tariffs on everyone is going to be good for America you just don't know shit about economics, American consumers will have to pay more and you will get retaliatory tariffs on your own exports
Trump has always been protectionist which is why I never understood that the Republicans would vote for someone so opposite to their usual position.
Trump managed to turn Republican public opinion around in a single year of campaigning