Berserk Golden Age TV series produced by HBO would be big hit if done correctly...

Berserk Golden Age TV series produced by HBO would be big hit if done correctly. It's like combination of House of Cards and GoT. I think western audience would love it

> great battles
> strong characters
> unpredictable story
> violence and sex
> grey world
> political machiavelli aspects

Gritith is one of the best antagonist I ever see/read. People would glory him, pity him and at the end despise him.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.cc/feature/2017-07-07/what-the-heck-happened-to-berserk/.117834
youtube.com/watch?v=enY3sXZUwBI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry user, you're getting live-action One Piece instead

Pluck would be cringe IRL

>The most important plot point involves the only strong female character getting brutally raped and left retarded for the entire series
>Protagonist then attempts to rape this retarded character on multiple occasions

This would never get greenlit

OP was talking about Golden Age only, so he won't be in it.

Still, the Eclipse is gonna be such a CGI shitfest I don't think it will work, let alone Femto giving Casca the Big Demon Brand.

>implying HBO won't fuck it all up.
Get real son.

Boyega as Guts
Cloe Grace Moretz as Griffith

They couldn't even do it in 2D/3D

implying these aspects wouldnt get changed. implaying anybody other than professional anime watching autists would care.

it's hard to make anime if your budget is $25 per episode and you're suffering from crippling epileptic seizures in addition to down syndrome.

Probably the most plot-central cucking of all time.

Perfect for today's political climate.

>Cloe Grace Moretz as Griffith
I think you mean Nosferatu Zodd

The pipest of pipe dreams, at best you could get a shitty netflix miniseries if the death note movie takes off.

caska chan

Gatts would be black and Casca white,
Griffith would be straight up gay, like Renly gay

It wasn't a budget issue.

animenewsnetwork.cc/feature/2017-07-07/what-the-heck-happened-to-berserk/.117834

in that case hopkins has to be playing griffith. I need to see them fuck again.

>Want adaptation where they change plot elements

I'll never understand people like you. Why not just ask for a different story bereft of these things you have to change? Why mold an existing property into something else?

Berserk is shit and is for manbabbys
>political machiavelli aspects
>mfw

what's with all the berserk threads just recently?

is it showing on redditflix?

Why do weebs always want their shit adapted?

Just leave it alone... Or it will end up like The Dark Tower

>Why mold an existing property into something else?
because I want more of the same but also in a slightly different way so it'll give me the illusion of being fresh and original again

Its either, Cause it gives them the chance to talk about animu with normatives / talk at all, cause they finally have a subject they can proof knowledge of
or
to shit on it and further strenghen the "weeb superiority" they get off to
i would guess, not that i know tho

Guts gets raped literally in the first chapter, Griffith is trading gay sex for favor, Casca's back story is nearly getting raped. Berserk is like 20% rape

>not the edit

Probably because it's set in a western setting. Same reason they're butthurt about the major being cast as Scarjo and that full metal alchemist film that is 100% jap actors.

some manga/anime have really great story, most productions are shitty, but not all.

Berserk is really great, especially Golden Age Arc. Very adult and smart story about finding meaning in life, about gaining power, sacrificing others to pursue your dream. None character is really good or evil, even Griffith main antagonist.

how to get griffith body

>Berserk is like 20% rape
That's exactly what makes it so popular in the West, and why it would be pretty easy to greenlight here.

My local Chapters has a bunch of anthologies of this, and I kinda wanna read it, but I don't want people to think I'm a fucking weeb.

You don't know anything do you? Weebs weren't butthurt about Scarjo they were butthurt because the adaptation would butcher the original message.

Just grab it online it's a good series. Unfortunately Golden Age is the best arc but the rest isn't bad.

>None character is really good or evil, even Griffith main antagonist.
He's a rapist. That alone makes him evil.

so that they can bitch and moan about it not being an exact 1:1 adaptation

that sounds hilarious

also there is quite a lot existentialism in it. nietzsche mostly

youtube.com/watch?v=enY3sXZUwBI

>Griffith isn't evil
M8 he killed everyone who trusted him and raped Casca into insanity.

Golden age is fucking shit though. Berserk is only good when Guts has the fuckhuge sword fighting against apostles.

Black Swordsman has a shit story. Golden Age was the height of Berserk.

>english
Fuck off

>Golden Age was the height of Berserk
Literal shit taste, wouldn't expect anything else from Sup Forums though.

>produced by HBO
Meme.
>would be big hit if done correctly
So would absolutely anything.

>Literal shit taste
Literal narcissistic personality disorder.

The moment they announced the movie we knew it would be butchered.
You can't dumb down GiTS without making it a complete pile of shit. It's never been about action and dumb plot lines.
Their casting choices were on point save for the Major, She had the look for it but not the stern voice that goes with the character.

Miura clearly put all his effort into the golden age arc. It's when his vision for this story was at its peak. It's like 5 times longer than any of the other arcs and it's where all the character development happens and what got people hooked on Berserk.

Golden Age was the height of Berserk, but I could see another arc with Griffith in the spot light easily taking that title.

>muh elemental life force
>muh magic garbage
>muh zombie casca
>muh griffith returns (reddit)!!

nah you're the one with shit taste m8

That ship has sailed many years ago. Miura can't write an interesting story arc anymore. It's now all visual wankery and generic fantasy RPG shit.

> he killed everyone who trusted him and raped Casca into insanity.
yeah raping caska was kind of stupid but sacrificing others was understandable. if he gave up, his soldier's death would be pointless. in my opinion he had no option, too many die for his dream

Not pointless it served a purpose which was to fuck with guts brain.

Who would you cast as the loli witch?

There is no witch in golden age arc :)

test.

don't eat

he's right, Golden Age is just to set up the true greatness of Berserk

Good read thanks bro

Kill yourself, faggot.

Golden Age is the most boring part of Berserk though. The most interesting aspect is the sheer mystique of that "other world" that comes around from time to time.

Berserk has been a commodity of Sup Forums for longer than you've been here

they would end up making griffith trans he makes the sacrifice to become queen of the world or some shit

I've been lurking this shitty site for years, why is this the only part anyone ever talks about?

Bad Pusy as Cascsa

its a major part of the most important moment in a masterpiece series that has been going on for decades

but it's no rape horse

>IRL
>implying pluck isnt already cringy af

Because it's a pivotal moment in the series that explains why everything is the way it is. It shows how the world became infested with demons. It shows how Guts lost his arm and eye. It shows what Guts experienced to make him so hateful and untrusting. It shows how bad Griffith is and what he's capable of doing just to fuck with Guts. It shows how Casca became the way she is. It explains the little demon embryo that we see throughout the rest of the series. Etc etc

Berserk isnt really a ''smart'' story.It is entertaining and it has it's strong merits, but none of it was really written in any spectacular way.It feels like it could be a good flick, nothing more

Not only this, it's a story arc that is STILL ONGOING AFTER 20 YEARS

And in the next chapter or two Casca is going to be potentially unfucked.

>a white male character that sacrifices his companions and rapes his bff's gf in front of him and then becomes a demon god later on
yes its perfect for liberal era

>tfw watching the rape horse episode with your dad

fuck that was awkward i cant wait for the spanking scene

I watched one of the movies with my dad.

Copious animated sex on the big screen.

>watching anime with your dad
Wtf bro

>Watching Anime with your dad
Things that no one should ever do.

he really liked attack on titan. so much so that he went and watched the live action movie on his own

>IM GONNA KILL ALL THE TITANS
Fucking hell, how could anyone like that?

i have no idea

Well you have me interested now, tell him to watch Cowboy Bebop.

all this post is missing is BASED MADS AS SOME GUY BUT THE DEFINITELY HAS TO BE ON THIS SHOW BECAUSE BASED MADS

everyfucking time you people come up with this dream ideas it's always some berserk or that one mccarthy book that hasn't been done and of course it has to be on HBO because muh quality television

it's the Sup Forums equivalent of "made by platinumgames/fromsoftware" so fucking pathetic, so fuckign reddit.

No because it would be impossible to accurately depict how batshit crazy the combat is

No more fucking anime adaptation. That shit belongs in Japan.