DAILY REMINDER

this fat fucking cunt cant be fucking bothered to write
>grrm.livejournal.com/544709.html

he's writing Targ history from the very beginning instead of finishing the goddamn books

>No publication date has been set yet, but it's likely that we will get the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD (= the Targ history) out in late 2018 or early 2019. The second volume, which will carry the history from Aegon III up to Robert's Rebellion, is largely unwritten, so that one will be a few more years in coming.

>I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say. Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream...

What an useless fat sack of shit

Go easy on the poor guy. He is just as motivated to write it as you are to read it. Writers who don't produce for years don't get paychecks so it's either fire off a quick Targ History book and get a paycheck or starve to death before he can finish the next book.

i mean goddamnit George

im trying man, i love the books, but the last one was in 2011, cant he shit something out?
plus the way he puts it, whatever thing he completes first, its gonna be LATE 2018 at best

>starve to death
somehow i don't think that will be a problem

Doesn't he spend all his time nowadays doing political focused shitposting?

literally how can he focus when a fucking nazi is president of the united fucking states

i never could tel whether someone is b8ing on Sup Forums
with the amount of plebbit bullshit you never can tell for sure

>but the last one was in 2011
Holy shit

Is he /ourguy/?

Are you retarded

it's basically neogaf at this point m8
don't put it past them

Doffrey DRUMPF hahahaha

GRRM could live off the sales and royalties from the books and show and any other GoT affiliated merchandise for the next hundred years. He doesn't need money.

What's the point of finishing the books now that the TV show has become such a hit? Hasn't it passed the books in the timeline anyway?

And honestly his last book, I can't remember if that's the sixth or seventh one, wasn't that great. The Dany chapters really wore on me and it was a slog to finish. I could really care less if he finished at this point, I can get that flavor of fantasy from other authors who either did it better (e.g., Glen Cook) or are decent enough and still producing (e.g., Joe Abercrombie).

Based Black Company bro

>Joe
how are the the First Law books anyway?
are they dare i say it, fun?

>Writers who don't produce for years don't get paychecks
This is pure ignorance.

A useless

Protip: if the word has a consonant sounding start then it is prefixed with a not an regardless of if it is a vowel or not. That is why we say "an hour" and not "a hour" because "hour" is pronounced as "our" and therefore has a vowel sounding start.

Sup Forums BTFO

What if some hero loses his iPod? Then what?

I don't think GRRM has to worry about starving any time soon

you think with all his hbo jew money he could hire a nutritionist/chef and personal trainer so that he lives long enough to finish his books

>Fat Obnoxious Impotent Pedophile George R.R. "Durr Put in Moar Taxes n Minorities, Tolkien!" Shartin

>this fat fucking cunt cant be fucking bothered to write
Well, he hasn't actually started that next book yet. At this point, it's probably like "why bother", just keep cashing those tv show checks and living the good life. It's not like he has any real incentive.

he an heroes

Then a hero has lost an iPod

GRRM made the idiotic mistake of overwriting book 4 and instead cut it in half based on location then added enough useless bloat to fill 2 whole books. Now we're 6 years out and GRRM is already saying he has tons of unedited written material for book 6 but is no where close to done and working on other projects as well. He keeps putting out rough deadlines and never even attempting to make them for years. Winds of Winter is unlikely to see the light of day until 2020 at the earliest I'd say.

I am so nervous about the plans to turn it into a show.

They're good, on the one hand they are pretty hilarious but they also have a lot of really bleak shit in them. Less bleak than Best Served Cold, that was rough imo. He's got some fantastic characters and dialogue; there's plenty of humor but it's served along with a few heaping spoonfuls of Bad End. So far I actually prefer his YA trilogy, Half a King, to the First Law.

I don't care about any of this shit I just want a Dunk and Egg TV show.

I think the format is better for television than the ASoIaF books.

You know this could all be part of his writing process, often time you get stuck in one end so you approach it from a different angle. Sometimes you work on something completely irrelevant and try to distance yourself until something hits you.

Either way I don't care. Ideally id like for the rest of his books to be adapted in animation or something, this way we can still get the same actors for the voices.

at this point im convinced he doesn't know what to do, there's just too many plotlines to make a good ending

Maybe now, he's starting to see why Tolkien didn't bother with Aragorn's tax policy.

So is he pretty much like Miura at this point with Berserk?

Tired of writing about the shit that made him famous in the first place while putting everything on hiatus for idolmaster.

Robert's rebellion at this point has a lot more potential to be a good book and show than further sequels for ASOIAF. GoT is still just living off the success of the least fantastical first and second seasons. Kingswood outlaws, Littlefinger and Cat, Robert and Ned, young Jorah and the mad king would bring in a lot of disillusioned fans.

>I could really care less
>could care less
>could... care... less...

Tolkien is to creative literary genius what Martin is to hack pulp idiocy. They both so far surpass anyone else in their field that they will be remembered 1,000 years from now as a kind of yin and yang of fantasy, a Manichaen duality of speculative letters. For every sublime, luminous beauty that Tolkien has gifted the world, Martin has cursed us with a tedious, banal ugliness. It is unfair to compare the two directly on any one point, because Martin is in every way the anti-Tolkien, patently sterile, parasitical, and inferior, but so much so that he becomes a monument in his own right, and counterbalances Tolkien. Could one exist without the other? Tolkien obviously could. But it is only by the contrast that Martin offers that we can truly appreciate the full depths and heights of Tolkien. Our understanding of Tolkien would be incomplete if Martin had never set pen to page. It is through only the abject failure and futility of Martin that we can approach an apprehension of the true scope and scale of Tolkien's hitherto inconceivable greatness. Perhaps this is what Tolkien had in mind when he wrote about the Music of the Ainur. If Tolkien is a subcreator in the image of Eru, truly Martin is like unto Melkor. It is only reflected in the awfulness of the one that we can fully see the goodness of the other.

I didn't know they were doing a show. It'll probably be dog shit. Port of Shadows next year though. Probably trustworthy too considering Glen Cook is actually productive.

oh if only would it be The Shield tier
hope springs eternal eh

nah he just has other priorities than finishing his story right now

thats great george
now where is part 6

Go to bed George

>2011: "the book will come in three years"
>2015: "the book will come next year"
>2016: "the book will come in couple of months"
>january 2017: "the book will come this year"
>august 2017: "lmao maybe 2019"

I'm starting to have some respect for this fat cunt in how he's clearly just taking the piss. I mean we all know the book is never coming out so this performance is all we have.

Nah, Trump is closer to Cersei.

>fake history

is there anything more pointless?

George R.R. Martin is a lazy fuck. The author of Malazan started the same year as him, wrote TEN books, and finished back in 2011. If he really cared to finish the books he would have finished years ago, but he doesn't because he's so fucking rich.

I'm not expecting much. We'll have to see who they have working on it. All I know is Eliza Dushku bought the rights for it and plans to star as The Lady. She's not a bad fit imo but a bit old, The Lady was always described as looking barely 20 iirc and Dushku is 36. I don't know who else I'd cast. I have no idea how they will handle the age progression, 6 years passes between the first and second book, then another 6 years after that. I've only finished through The White Rose and am reading The Silver Spike now so I don't know if even more years fly by as the series continues. Some characters wouldn't change much but a lot of them transition from youth into middle or old age and that's pretty significant. I guess they could just age them with effects but idk.

existence

>he's writing Targ history from the very beginning instead of finishing the goddamn books
Trying to be Tolkien this much.

This came out in 2014

and he of course, as he always does, misunderstands Tolkien

Tolkien wrote Silmarillion to create a myth that could fill out the empty English mythos. That's why its writing style that the normies white about while pretending that they are reading it is similar to the old myths rather than modern novels.

Meanwhile Gurm is writing boring, encyclopedic fake history with no purpose or value at all.

He doesn't owe you a damn thing, the stink your throwing doesn't help

hes ran out of ideas its very clear the story of GoT AND what it was going to be has completly changed and he has no idea how to write himself out of the shit show he has got stuck in, and he's probably bored of it, i know i am

GoT books.

What he's looking for Tolkien already found.

And it was fucking awful. So was the world book (though he didn't write all of that). His fake history is awful.

How did he go from this to that?

more like get back to work george

Except he owns a fucking theater in Santa Fe. Martin is not strapped for fucking cash, you stupid piece of shit redditor.

>GRRM starving to death

You mean book Cersei of course.

I know the show dumped half the shit from the books and went on different directions before catching up to them but how is the fat fuck going to wrap up all the mayor plots from the last 3-4 seasons plus the book only stuff in only 2 more books?

>finishing
>the series that literally continues to give you infinite money
he knows what he's doing, retard.

stop pretending like you matter or care

>writes a series that gets several seasons of a high quality, beloved show
>writes a series that gets an 80 minute condensed generic forgettable flick that barely resembles the books
Steven King BTFO?

Holy mother of fuck, George. I dont even like GoT but you're being a fucking bitch about this.

>He is just as motivated to write it as you are to read it.

so not at all?

>writer for the most popular show on television
>not getting money

After squeezing out the excrement that are the other books its obvious that he cannot even find a way to create a sufficiently solid stool of an ending.

I hope he does a robert jordan so someone can at least finish this bowel movement.

everything about his universe is just copied from our real history but just changes things around, like sir and ser

>>
>he's writing Targ history from the very beginning instead of finishing the goddamn books

I'd like to read the books but I'm waiting for them to finish. Looks like I'll wait forever.

Dance With Dragons gets pretty damn good around the last 1/3, it's too bad everything else blows.

Yeah but Malazan is absolute shite

>ywn watch a reality tv show with GRRM doing literally anything except write the next Game of Thrones book

Every moment would be 10/10

>George is at a book signing
>George is eating (again)
>George is taking a nap (10 minute un-edited footage)
>George is writing! (His shopping list)

ADWD is great. AFFC is the abomination where nothing except Blackfish happens. For 1000 pages you get almost nothing of worth. Atleast ADWD goes back to the ASOS pacing and has actual stories to tell and not just X travels from A to B.

> I don't know which story is more absurd, the one that says the book is finished and I've been sitting on it for some nefarious reason, or the one that says I have no pages.

NEITHER ONE IS AS ABSURD AS A BLOBMAN WHO TAKES 26 YEARS TO WRITE A SIX-VOLUME TRILOGY

FUCK

IT'S NOT EVEN AS IF TWOW IS GOING TO BE THE LAST ONE

FUCKING HELL GEORGE

FUCK

I too wouldn't be motivated to write if after a career of writing pic related was all I had to show for it. At some point a hack realizes they're a hack.

>regardless of whether it's a vowel or not

Letters can't be vowels you moron. Vowels and consonants are sounds which can be represented by letters.

>The sight of their arousal was arousing.

Has GRRM ever said what he masturbates too?

If Central Casting wanted somebody who rapes little boys, that fucker would be ideal.

Makes me sick.

>ADWD is great. AFFC is the abomination where nothing except Blackfish happens.
way to be a pleb

>most sadistic character
>joffrey
>who is ramsay

This pleb doesn't even know his own shit baka

>IT'S NOT EVEN AS IF TWOW IS GOING TO BE THE LAST ONE
Well of course not, obviously ADWD will be the last one.

It's a good joke but I just cannot laugh about this I'm too mad

fuck you spelling faggots are trigger the fuck out of me

Holy fuck...his twitter page is literally all him just trolling the bookfags.

He posts about what tv shows he's watching. (The Last Kingdom, S2 was apparently very good)
He posts about what books other people have written based on his books.
He jokes that the only place he wasn't recognized was his publisher's office.
Posts about food of course. And Toys.

Here's what he looked like in 1978! So different.

Exclusively Shadman

He knows that he cant finish the books before the show so hes trying to get finish this before the Game of Thrones Prequel

He could finish the books, if he wanted to. He does not want too.

They both lost when trump won

GRRM writing is abhorrent tbqh.
The only thing the cunt did right was world building. You can shit on GoT all you want, but the fantasy world is genually good.
Westeros actually feels like medieval europe full of noble houses who bicker and fight each other.

It ain't a masterpiece like normalfag booklets claim. Gonna be funny watching all their dreams and theories crumble when fatman dies before finishing at least next book.

>abhorrent
No. It's pretty good writing.

what fantasy books would you recommend?

>Westeros actually feels like medieval europe full of noble houses who bicker and fight each other.
All having about three members.

The writing is good though.

That looks like exactly the kind of young go-getter who could write a 3-book story in 3 books and publish them in a timely manner

I bet he is one of those reedit fags over at /lit/
If user says "genre fiction" make sure to COMPLETELY disregard their opinion.

GRRM has learned zero lessons about making promises he can keep.

>Heres AFFC, ADWD will be out in 2006 don't you worry.
>Okay, so ADWD took till 2011, but don't worry TWOW will be out real soon. After all I wouldn't what the show to beat me to the end!
> Okay, so TWOW is taking longer than I thought, but I'm still not worried about the show catching up. The AFFC/ADWD material will last them 3 years easy, and they might delay the show to give me time.
>Alright, so the show will definitely finish first, I'm going to stop writing episodes ao I can focus on the books instead, maybe get TWOW out soon.
>But I will help HBO make 4 GOT spinoffs. Not Dunk & Egg though, I don't want them to go past me on that series as well and I still intend to write like 7 more of those at some point.
>I haven't forgotten about TWOW I swear! I'm just focusing on this Targ History book instead. Don't worry one of them will definitely be out in 2018, maybe both *wink, wink* (Though probably neither of them will"

I'm not that guy but the sffg on lit has good recommendations. Just look at the images in their OP.

>who
>gives
>a
>fuck

THE AGE OF BOOKS IS DEAD.

This is the TV show world now ya fuckin nerds!
I hope every plot point and storyline is ruined for you by the time it's all said and done. Muahahaaa!

I understand everything now. He hasn't worked on the books at all and is stalling until he dies. If anyone finds out he will be killed by a mob of angry nerds.