What did her death accomplish, if anything?

What did her death accomplish, if anything?

Game of Thrones from HBO

Make Stannis look bad

2017, i am... forgotten

I think the point was that it didn't.
Fire god magic worked in the past but this time Melisandre was wrong because she wasn't 'royal blood'

Wait and see

Stopped the blizzard that was going to kill all of his men. It already destroyed his baggage train and threatened to starve everyone. Wasn't worth it, though, cause most of his army deserted him when they saw what a bastard he was.

The successful butchering of Stannis' entire character.

Just tying up loose ends for when they killed Stannis the Mannis later.

But that's ridiculously inconsistent with the show

Why can't people just admit that this scene was retarded and incredibly out of character?

Saved the makeup department an hour or so.

slightly less snow on the 13 minute walk to Winterfell

basically this.
D&D are mongoloids who unironicaly think that the pink letter wasn't a forgery or they just didn't care.

>Make Stannis look bad
This

Melisandre used Gendry's blood in leeches to kill Robb Stark, Renly Baratheon and Balon Greyjoy. They all died eventually but not right away.

The Bolton's did die after Shireen was burnt but not right away. It works but not in the way you expect it to.

>Why can't people just admit
I'm pretty sure 80% of GOT viewers know that the show is fucking retarded and has no internal logic.

It's pretty difficult not to notice

>Oh shit, we're going to kill off Stannis soon but way too many people still like him

Made us realize how bad the writing was. Stannis was never truly devoted to the lord of the light. He was a law and order man who saw it as a means to an end. He gave Renly a chance to bend the knee and killed him when he didn't, not out of spite or lust for power, but because it was a black and white issue to him and his brother was in open rebellion against the rightful heir to the throne. To think that Stannis would burn his one weakspot, the one person he has shown to have a heart about, his only next of kin, an innocent in the eyes of all his men and everyone in Westeros, is an abomination.

Dabids are hacks.

Got rid of the blizzard, which allowed Jon Snow to attack Winterfell with his full strength. Shireen and thus Stannis was a sacrifice that the Island demanded.

It brought about the Bear Loli. The pedos complained about no eye candy after she died so they had to bring her in.

I don't understand how I am supposed to be mad at Stannis. He sacrificed his child to save 1000s of men. To save humanity if you think big picture with him being The Guy leading the charge against The Zombies. It's not like he quipped while she burned. He wasn't happy doing it.

Stannis was a complex character, he wasn't conventionally likeable and a bit of an ass but he did help the Watchers while every other king ignored them.
He understood Jon's motivations but keep wanted the Throne.
So since we are facing a show where characters are either good or bad and we can't have someone who's mostly grey they should have him do something evil and despicable so the viewer could be relieved when they killed him off, even if in the books he refused to burn some of his soldiers who did cannibalism to survive.

>He sacrificed his child to save 1000s of men.
That's against Stannis' character though. He would let 1000 of his men die to save his child, because the men were all under his service and agreed to give their lives to his cause, while the child was an innocent who did not.

you're wrong
there are people who %100 think Dany is a great character

Where did Stannis live? Like before the show started and Robert Baratheon was in charge.

Fucking this. Nothing that's happened in this show has made me sadder than this, not even the death of eternally fucking based Barristan. At least he got to go out like a fucking man.

You sound like a bookfag. That's fine if you prefer that version but that doesn't mean tv Stannis was in the wrong or out of character. If you think he did anything evil then you're just as retarded as the Burlington Bar Peanut Gallery.

>oyy veyy stannis is too white and popular
>making kill his daughter and then kill him off the show

You have a general thread, go there and stop shitting up the board with 500 got threads.

but TV Stannis was wrong and out of character, even putting the books aside. It was shocking and abrupt that he just decided to burn his child alive like that. The writers were just trying to give a shocking death like the Red Wedding while not really fleshing out Stannis' motivations.

How do you know he wasn't acting out of character before and now this is his true character?

Someone post the Assassination of Stannis by the Cowards D&D. It was on my old phone.

doesn't it cause the ice to melt in the next episode, letting Stan's march continue? And then when Jon fights Ramsay there's barely if any snow on the ground?

Yes, but people want Stannis to be a monster so they pretend that the snow melting was merely a coincidence.

This is something normies don't understand. It was all reduced to "lol he'll do anything for the throne xD" but even he said that what is one person next to the kingdom. He understood sacrifice.

You haven't had a single conversation with anyone about this show outside of Sup Forums then. Normies unironically love these shallow dumb characters and the yaas queen shit.

Answer you cuck, maybe he was pretending all time.

Dragonstone. It was kind of a bad joke on Robert's part. He passed Stannis over and let Renly have the Stormlands, putting Stannis out there as a "reward" for failing to reach Dragonstone before Viserys and Dany could be taken to Essos.

During the Targaryen dynasty, Dragonstone was the traditional seat of the Crown Prince, so that was the other part of the joke - Stannis was his "heir" till he had kids of his own.

tl;dr Bobby was a bit of a prick.

Stannis isn't dead though

to give me a boner

>But that's ridiculously inconsistent with the show

what is? how?

this

>tfw Bran wargs into Brienne to save Stannis

BRAVO

Made me drop the show, so there's that.

Stannis's army had a good laugh over it and it raised morale

It was to make people hate Stannis because he was perfect up until there

>burned his daughter alive at the behest of a literal witch
>not evil
ok m8

To kill my enthusiasm for the show.

The only one who got the Sacrifice to R'hllor right was Victarion Greyjoy in Dance with Dragons and he did not make it to the show

Melisandre is a pleb who would sacrifice garbage and be proud of it.