Yeah

Yeah.
He's not backing down.
This isn't looking good.
He's openly daring our allies to a pissing contest.

Other urls found in this thread:

best-selling-cars.com/germany/2017-full-year-germany-best-selling-car-manufacturers-brands/
wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html#autosalesE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Trade war it is then!

>They make it impossible for our cars to sell there

Sometimes he is so fucking stupid that you wonder how he even got all his money.
Nobody WANTS to buy US cars here because they are shit. Not even sure how much tax there is for US cars, but still, these modern muscle cars are by FAR the cheapest "sportscars" you could buy here. Still very few actually do.

To be fair I might consider an american car if they didn't cost about four times as much as they do in the states.

This could get out of hand quickly. World trade may plummet, causing the american allies to switch to China as the new main market.

They already lost most of south america, now Trump is heading to lose even more.

say that here

>you wonder how he even got all his money.
Inheritance. Being a moron publicly. TV deals. Branding.
European car companies give America jobs. Like Volkswagen.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

>our allies
they are not
every single european politician in power except maybe orban hates trumps and the usa with a passion
eu media and politicians have always been extremely hostile to trump and america is pretty much the enemy these days

i personally support trump against our corrupt elites

>every single european politician in power except maybe orban hates trumps and the usa with a passion
Hating your ally is common practice in world diplomacy.

>I hate you, but if we work together we may benefit both.

&BELT
R
O
A
D

Nobody cares. Stop giving irrelevant American politics attention. If you want to discuss something that actually matters, let's talk about the EU or China.

How much power does the president have when it comes to trade? Doesnt congress have most of the power regarding the really important trade decisions?

Ford is the 5th best selling car brand here. All the other american cars are just shit tier

>he thinks wealth is correlated with trade balances
chuckled desu.

Glad i opened an account to operate in the US stock market. He is making it easy to make money.

>americars
Japan was the one who killed american auto industry. The other car makers besides GM and Ford aren't even trying to sell outside of the states

this.

>Not even sure how much tax there is for US cars
10%
US only charges 2.5%

>Chinks right now

do germans buy their own cars or chinese car?

yeah but why
does he care about geopolitics at all or is this all to please americans who dislike the EU and want their jabs back

BASED

best-selling-cars.com/germany/2017-full-year-germany-best-selling-car-manufacturers-brands/

>i personally support trump against our corrupt elites
lol.
Grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Executive order. His chief economic adviser got over ruled and is likely leaving in protest.

>His chief economic adviser got over ruled and is likely leaving in protest.
So are we witnessing the birth of Trumpnomics?

Nice meme. The American auto industry hurt itself to kill unions. They were the majority stockholders in Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi until the 80s and 90s

Came here to say these.

And the reason why Ford sells here is because they cater to European customers. They have small Focuses and Fiestas.

You could also claim that USA makes it impossible for European farm equipment to sell in USA. Biggest selling tractors and combines in EU are John Deere and CNH products. Let's ban those.

Don't see any European tractors in USA.

Who gives a fuck

Kind of dumb. Making steel more expensive for American consumers will just jack up the price of American goods for American consumers. Exports will be less competitive in price against similar products with discount steel. Some jobs in steel making countries will be lost because of over production and some jobs in the US will be created.

I don’t see how this is a good thing for the average American that isn’t dumb enough to be a steel mill worker.

Do muscle cars scare you Eurosoys?

Are EU cars even leading sales charts in USA?

>mfw america fucks itself more and more

Please no! Trump stop it!

eurasian century soon :^)

Nope
wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html#autosalesE

thinking somethign is retarded does not mean you're scared of it

Tariffs are now largely a domain of the executive branch as the president or anyone he delegates has the power to negotiate tariff deals, but they were originally something only congress could do.

Awesome, this is exactly the kind of outside enemy the EU needs to speed up its integration.

muscle cars won't survive a day in tough small euro cities.
Also they're probably against laws since they are designed like shit, against all pollution regulations and yes, people don't like to waste money on gas

This is Somalia. Somalia has no taxes. No traffic lights. No police. Guns are freely available to everyone and the government is basically non-existent. Other nations' fear of them is just barely overshadowed by their utter loathing, making it impossible to establish any lasting relations of trade.

This is the future America desires.

>Look back over the past, with its changing empires that rose and fell, and you can foresee the future, too.

All according to the plan

Lol, they are actually on the bottom of the chart. Every Asian brand is ahead of them.

Trump is just catering to butthurt IQ89 hillbillies who can't handle some succesful artsy dude buying an Alfa Romeo. Alfa Romeo sells a whopping 1500 cars in USA per year. This will surely save jerbs.

>Our bullshit tax is ok because the product is shit anyways
Absolute state of the coprophiliacs

>Using quotation marks for emphasis
The worst thing about this tweet

It's great really, Trump is the perfect boogeyman. The loudmouthed caricature of everything the world hates about America whose erratic behavior plays right into the hand of his political opponents. I sincerely hope he gets reelected and we even might see stuff like legislative initiative for the EP, a shared European defense force, a Eurozone budget/finance ministry and a directly elected commission president.

Are referring to USA since they are imposing bullshit taxes on foreign cars?

Why are Yanks such massive hypocrites?
You have some of the highest tariffs in the developed world on pretty much everything imaginable.
Perhaps if people aren't buying your cars it isn't some big EU protectionist conspiracy.

>implying theyd buy mutt cars if they were cheaper

mutts keep saying this for no reason all over the world
and this is why i think his notion comes from more of reactionism and patriotic nostalgia that are very.......fantasized. its what japan fell for years ago as well.

also you mutts are gonna pay more money for your made in usa goods and imports. steel manufacturers will get jobs and money but others wont. they wont be cheap at all. why has nobody been pointing out this shit.

Im referring to the EU since they're the ones who started the trade barriers

>Tariffs are now largely a domain of the executive branch as the president or anyone he delegates has the power to negotiate tariff deals
how did that happen?

I'll hope you feel comfortable in their company.

>Somalia has no taxes. No traffic lights. No police. Guns are freely available to everyone and the government is basically non-existent.

What kind of pathetic low-life loser cares enough about Trump to actually hate him? Our only outside threat is, has always been and will always be Russia.

>Nobody WANTS to buy US cars

Your shit pulled from your ass.

This is a pre-negotiation tactic. Look at the destination not the journey

Please have a good trade war, as many tariffs as possible.

That looks more like the future of Sweden but not because of govermental structure...

2% tariff over here to 10% over there.

No they didn't. Are you too young to remember the banana trade wars? US throwing a bitch fit over how we do business.

>sweden
>talking about wanting to be somalia
oh wow

So he’s either a liar or a idiot?

Wow, 4d chess.

He's right. Lol, American cars are considered to be low quality, polluting and high maintenance here.

The only reason why American companies like Ford still survive here is because they produce special car models (in Europe) for the European market.

>This is a pre-negotiation tactic. Look at the destination not the journey
The thing with Trump is, as soon as you make a deal (after a long and hard negotiation) he is already fucking you up in some other way with some other stuff.

You guys are supposed to be allies.

On what? Passenger cars? I find that very hard to believe.

exactly
It always makes me go hmmm when I see nationalists in Europe sucking Russia cock

i'm starting to think it wasn't Russia who put him in power, it was China.

Maybe you could back your claims with sources.

Really makes me think why Ford still sells lots of cars here or Apple with phones or John Deere with tractors.

maybe both did

No, I'll tell you who put him into power. There is only one power in the world capable of such a feat: America

The only US company that sells over here is ford, I have no idea what a GM car is even supposed to look like

Yeah. One of the reasons why American cars are expensive over in Europe. Then you have a luxury tax and shit like that

At last some sense.

Comrades...

2nd times the charm?

husqvarna is pretty widespread though

GM is a conglomerate of several american car companies, they only sell in us canada and china

china is just scapegoating. this aims at your """allies"""""

Never seen there tractors. Just smaller things like chainsaws

The absolute state of this country

>every country in the world has tarriffs on US goods
>we have 0 tariffs
>WOW WTF BLUMPF HOW COULD YOU DARE BRING THIS UP YOU'RE GOING TO START A TRADE WAR REEEEE FREE TRADE

Used to be Opel and Vauxhall but it was sold to Renault.

Those are fairly cheap items and Oregon blades are the most popular ones here in return.

BASED

This bolsters the potential for the EU even further and will allow China and Europe to become best trade partners.

EU haters BTFO
China haters BTFO

Friendly reminder that the West's explosive industrial growth of the late 19th and early 20th century came amidst the backdrop of protectionist trade walls

and our slow decline post WW2 has been accompanied by free trade measures and unilateral agreements

and yet """most economists""" agree that protectionism doesn't work (read: it directly lies in opposition to their political globalist agenda and ideal)

mfw 20% of Canada's GDP comes from US exports and US starts threatening trade war

That can be easily avoided. Adhere to EU standards and directives and tariffs will be dropped. Just like with Norway.

yea fuck eupoors

>we have 0 tariffs

>USA abandons allies for money

>implying European cars for the American market aren't already built there
>implying the Drumf won't either accomplish nothing or destroy jobs in his own country

>and our slow decline post WW2 has been accompanied by free trade measures and unilateral agreements
>Slow decline
The richest country in the world with people owning two Corvettes and seven fridges by the end of Clinton's second term is now slow decline ever since WW2.

>US abandons allies to lose money

>"Allies"

>We have 0 tariffs

>US does something to its "allies" that they have been doing to the US since time immemorial
>WOW HOW COULD YOU BETRAY US?!?!!?

t. shamus mcanus

The fuck? America has never been richer today then ever before.

BASED eu
BASED China

>Prestigious economists around the world working day and night since the end of WW2 in order to establish free trade for the whole world
>American presidents are among the first to embrace the idea of a free trade among the nations
>European union was born because trade keeps peace.

>WTO is formed
>Every nation part of the WTO swears to slowly drop all tariffs and to not raise the existent ones or add new ones.
>This work just fine with just some minor exceptions

>Trump comes.
>Lol wtf is this shit. I make better deals than the experts that made this "very stupid" stuff with their 70 years long research.

The real imbalance is with China and Mexico. EU is not too unfair but for fuck's sake you have no right to complain if we want to raise tariffs.

Let it all burn. Let the normies suffer.

this might be a good thing for some, not americans though