How did a developed, democratic country end up with a totalitarian-state grade police?

How did a developed, democratic country end up with a totalitarian-state grade police?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27th_G8_summit#Injuries_and_deaths
imdb.com/title/tt1934234/?ref_=nv_sr_1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_suffrage#Dates_by_country
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Capitalism.

Communist subversion

price of freedom

soy and corn syrup

What can you expect from a country whose people keep their shoes in the fridge?

DO A BARREL ROLL

Dictature of capital

when you can expect any driver you pull over to step out of the car with an ar15 it's only natural

Freedom ain't free. The Tree of Liberty has to be watered with the tears of libshits and gommunists. The Police force are a necessity to keep those colored folks in check and prevent chimpouts. Its Adam and Eve, not Tyrone/Moshe/Raj/Carlos/Ali and Eve. Gays are faggots. Praise Jeebus and Dog Bless.

Power

nigger crime rates

>democratic

wut

Guns...
Guns everywhere

Government brainwashing.

then it's about time to take those guns and show the evil government who's boss in the land of the free

the people with the guns are the ones most susceptible and most exposed to the government brainwashing, vespucci

Capitalism.

noncapitalistic and pre-capitalistic societies also had police brutality

Call me crazy but I reckon he would have gotten the point with the one mace spray. Cool beat, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBGCOCxLgA

American civilians and criminals can legally own military weapons.

American police have no choice but to be American.

true but we're focusing on one society in particular

Slow slide into fascism

Duping the populace into respecting the police.

Idiot, I've had to google the image to be sure of the country.

>developed country
ok

>democratic country
well, depends what the guy did in the picture.
For some reason it reminds me of the famous pictures of the Occupy movement.

For the big picture, you have to understand that the ruling class has realized with great awe that masses tend to vote for them (the ruling class), especially old Ladies, and their percentage in the population is ever growing.

Charles de Gaulle of France did the same in France 1968/69 in front of a huge youth and workers movement : "Let's ask the universal suffrage" !
And it showed that grandmas and grandpas all over France were fucking scared of change and didn't want to give anything more to the youth.

Of course one tends to be harsh with police brutality in the USA because they're not just totalitarian, they're completely self-righteous, riding their moral high horse constantly

For the Occupy movement, not only did the USA gass their own population, their own youth, their own little girls, but they also schemed and lied to ban Bernie Sanders from running.

But hey, must be foreign powers behind all this, after all. THE PLOT THEORY IS REAL AFTER ALL !

>ar15 meme

nice.

>they're completely self-righteous, riding their moral high horse constantly
This is the worse part, not only will they shoot and/or beat the shit out of random people they will always, ALWAYS, find a way to declare that the person they attacked was 100% in the wrong.

Totalitarianism can be democratic if that's what majority wants.

Yeah. I have this picture in mind that if I ever get arrested for something big, at the trial I would say "I don't recognize that Court! You are not Justice!" and also that I would never comply and be calm when someone restrains my Liberty. Every fucking minute I'd try to run away from Court, trick them, and laugh hysterically at the Judge with his fucking faggot long black dress.

>the majority
Oh let's ask isolated people totally oriented questions! Let's indoctrinate them with mass medias and then spend millions to ask each one of them what they think and what they want!

Elections are actually quite like a school test : Did you memorize correctly the worldview we taught you on the TV ?

I've turned on the TV an hour ago. On the 8 main chanels, they were all defending immigration and women/"minority" rights. Puke.

What can we do?

They would tazer your nuts off the first time you moved

leftists ideas got into the country

I don't quite understand your point. What can we do about what?

Americans paradoxically have an authoritarian streak. They claim to be suspicious of their government, but they reaffirm their submission to the government in every public space and public event and shame those who don't pledge their undivided loyalty to it. They claim they value the right to bear arms to curb government abuse, but they don't only tolerate government abuse against others but welcome it and blame its victims for not being obedient enough. It's not so strange when you watch old Soviet movies about WW2 and see soldiers talking about fighting for freedom and against Nazi tyranny. It seems like even the most totalitarian states encourage these kinds of ideological contradictions where protection of freedom comes with unwavering support for the state and its "justified" suppression of freedom for the supposed purpose of defending it.

I thought you were Italy...
Have you guys seen "Diaz - Don't clean up that blood" ?
It's a documentary film about the anti-globalist protests in Genoa in 2001. Deeply disturbing film. Like when after several days in jail the police strips a shy girl in front of several officials, and then they rip a piercing from her pussy after beating her...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27th_G8_summit#Injuries_and_deaths
imdb.com/title/tt1934234/?ref_=nv_sr_1

They also beat old men who were unlucky enough to sleep in the same accomodation as the anti-globalist media center.
It was a real carnage.

Of course the Italians will say "We don't want a return of the terror of the lead years of the seventies"

Parents didn't know where their kids were, because they were exceptionnally acting outside the law.

burgers want to own guns, with none of the responsibility they should have
the police is not exempt from that

About the lie of "democracy".

Either we consider that universal suffrage is bad because millions of people don't understand anything, only voting for the hot guy or the guy who inspires compliance.
Either we keep universal suffrage but then we have to take over the mass medias.
But seeing what they're doing now, policing the social networks, it seems it's getting worse.

What lie? People want to decide something, so let them choose what face are they going to see in the news.

reTHUGliKKKans and their cult leader dr*Mpf

wow this image is so powerful...

I blame transvestites

During the Cold War and Civil Rights era police and the FBI suppressed protests and """neutralized""" dissidents and political movements.

Why do people do that? Isn't that great to be part of the culture where no one ever achieved anything?

shakespeare had a lot of fellow playwrights, actors who hated his guts
if he hadn't written his own plays, they would have written about it

I've never heard of this, but dont all police forces sometimes kill and torture people they arrest? Happened in Ireland a lot

>gets shot

Here we call it "plébiscite" (a reference to Caesarism)

Herstory is the forgotten continent, the real Atlantis.

>Happened in Ireland a lot
ok but here this wasn't armed insurgency. It was unarmed soy boys and hippie girls.
Unfortunately they were among the first with the idea to protest the system at its core : deregulating globalization (it was a G8 counter-summit)

You can call it whatever you want.

KYS bro

Why? What's happened?

I agree with Ivan. The Russkies may seem cynical to us but I think they have a point -- what does it matter what you call things, or which face you choose to manage the bureaucracy?

I don't understand, are you mocking my point? It seems like a non-sequitur

I was reading this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_suffrage#Dates_by_country
It seems to me, after reading this, that universal suffrage for the election of the President (through grand electors in the USA) dates from the 1960's for both the USA and France.

Isn't it funny how it's also roughly the years when TV became a widely owned device in all families?

I'm not mocking your point.
My point was a

1) yes, agree
2) and also, ...

chill guys.

>or which face you choose to manage the bureaucracy
Democracy isn't about result, it's about process. People love to be involved in things.

>the noble savage

Are you suggesting that universal sufferage is a conspiracy, because the lowest common denominator is easier to control. I'm not quite sure I understand what the implications of this would be. Isn't the alternative simply aristocratism -- whereby a privileged elite ALSO maintain their control over the population? What would be the point of switching to this new system? I'm not convinced.

>developed, democratic
Ummm no sweetie.

>Are you suggesting that universal sufferage is a conspiracy, because the lowest common denominator is easier to control.
Yes. That's what we refer to as "plebiscite" or "caesarism".

A counter argument would be that for some referendums, the people decided against the expected option. (Brexit, French 2005 referendum on having a real Constitution for the EU)

But if having universal sufferage ends up with the majority subordinated to the interests of some minority pseudo-aristocracy, what is the difference between this and having simply an explicit aristocracy? Why would the Illuminati or whoever bother?

Rich folk won't put another Orange Nigger in power
You provide free high quality education to your population, then get rid of universal suffrage and suddenly the people that makes decisions don't watch honey boo boo or the Kardashians