Will GRRM be able to write his own version of this stories ending, without being influenced by the tv show...

Will GRRM be able to write his own version of this stories ending, without being influenced by the tv show? I think D&D hyjacked the whole story by now.

Death is a far more real threat to him finishing properly than D&D.

gerkins are tasty

Dude is 68 and it would be a miracle if he lived to be 70

Tubbyler feminists don't read fiction. He can do what he wants.

Reminder that GRRM is just some dude, and not Tolkien-level; ASOIAF is just OK, having been degraded by everything after the 3rd book - not much would be lost.

If that makes you feel any better.

False, they clamor around fiction (only mass-market stuff, of course) like they do with alcohol.

>implying this isn't where the books are going with too
didn't he say people already figured shit out but he wasn't going to change it because that's pretty much how the story been set up and changing it now would make things worse

Yeah, nah, it's lost to the past now. ASoIaF fans got jobbed hard.

GRRM has pretty much dropped the show (refuses to talk about it with fans, never writes episode scripts anymore) and D&D are very clearly completely making it up as they go along at this point (listen to the commentary on how THEY decided to bring Gendry back last episode, it's completely original content without the Fat Man's consultation at all)

If fatty does somehow finish the books before dying from a thousand island dressing-induced heart attack, it will most assuredly be very different. At this point the only similarities between the book and the show will be (some, not all) very major plot points like L+R=J.

The show's writing is complete shit without having a book to pull material from.

He has no one but himself to blame for making the books even bloated and bog downed after the rw and tywins toilet party

D&D writing sucks so bad, I don't think it will influence Gurm's ending

My grandfather looks pretty much like him and he is 86 so there is really nothing stopping him for having another 20 years at least.

As long as he doesn't get a fatal disease of some kind like Robert Jordan.

I find it troubling that George looks 86.

Grrm has still House Hightower as ace in the books

I meant more body type ala a fat fuck. He doesn't look 86. People at 80+ look tired. Especially when you got nothing to do any more.

You make it seem as if GRRM's writing is so much better. lol.

D&D are working off notes GRRM provided so, while there should be more detail, more scenes to tie up loose ends and give characters their due, the broad outlines should be the same.

That's if GRRM ever finishes the Winds of Winter, let alone the last book.

How can D&D hijack anything with the kickass Euron and Victarion plotlines going on in ASOIAF?

>never writes episode scripts anymore
He has been shunned by d&d, bit the other way around.
He is annoyed by how they decided to go with some plots, but Yu know what? He signed the fucking contract knowing full well he couldn't say shit or else he wouldn't get more extra shekels.
The fat fuck is no better than Ros the whore.

I mean, of course the Gendry thing is different. He's with Brienne/BwB in Feast if I remember correctly. But that doesn't take away from your point. There have been some cool moments this season but overall you can tell the decline in quality of some characters and events since they don't have the books to go off of.

>not Tolkien-level
I like how everyone who shits on GRRM's writing uses Tolkien, like Tolkien is supposed to be an example of literary excellence. He wasn't. He was a linguist who happened to write two works of fiction and whose autistic son keeps publishing his notes in book form. He wasn't really an exceptional writer, and his book writing friends regularly complained about his writing. Lord of the Rings isn't regarded by critical circles as an example of great literature (a classic of fantasy, yes, and much better written than most of the genre, but that's not the same thing), and Tolkien didn't seem to think he was writing high art, either.

Oh have you met him? Sounds like you lifted that straight from Reddit

writing is hard.

I think he grabbed the attention of 60s-70s hippies with the whole idea of a hobbit, with the pipe-smoking, being cozy, not interested in other people's wars and the like.

DUDE PIPEWEED LMAO

They didn't highjack shit. The fat fuck is just lazy.