Star Trek's new captain does not care if die-hard Trekkies like him

>Star Trek's new captain does not care if die-hard Trekkies like him

>Jason Isaacs is ready for the captain's chair. The Liverpool native will play Captain Lorca in the “Star Trek: Discovery,” and he's fine with the possibility that die-hard fans may have difficulty adjusting to the reboot of the beloved franchise.

>Isaacs, 54, said the new show will throw away the legacy of William Shatner and Patrick Stewart – and expects it to upset die hard Trekkies.

>“I don't mean to sound irreverent when I say I don't care about the die-hard Trek fans,” he told us at an event in Los Angeles. “I only ‘don't care’ about them in the sense that I know they’re all going to watch anyway. I look forward to having the fun of them being outraged, so they can sit up all night and talk about it with each other.”

>He’s taking an enterprising approach to the sci-fi franchise.

>“It's ‘Star Trek,’ but not as we know it,” he said. “There are places obviously where they’ve observed canon to do with things like uniforms and badges and stuff, but there are places where the rules of storytelling are reinvented.”

>Isaacs says that the new “Star Trek” will be a reflection of our own world, which is something he has a hard time discussing with his own children right now.

>“I don't know how to explain the anarchy and chaos," he said, citing America’s suddenly intolerant position on immigration as an example. “One of the things I can do as a storyteller is be part of stories that hold up a vision for the future where we just do better.”

Lol he's talking directly to you whiny perma-triggered faggots

BASED

As the only white male on the show, and the captain at that, he'll be dead before the season is over. Assuming they aren't canceled before then.

>rules of storytelling are reinvented
yhea sure, buddy.

wow, what an asshole.

Will watch, but will torrent, fuck him.

TELL ME ABOUT OHIO

>(((white)))

One one hand, it's unfortunate to lose all that canon.

On the other hand, the primary concern I had with Discovery is there could be no new content. Since it's set before anything else, you can't introduce new races or be friendly with hostile races, since those would have to be in Federation laws.

But if they're just saying "fuck it" and doing whatever like Shadow of Mordor, then it's whatever.

>Isaacs says that the new “Star Trek” will be a reflection of our own world
Into the trash it goes. One of the thing I love about Star Trek is how humanity achieved utopia.
Not even worth a pirating.

>I know they’re all going to watch anyway

What a stupid looking uniform.

>"I know they’re all going to watch anyway."
Pompous motherfucker. That's just what Michael B Jordan said for Fant4stic before it fucking bombed. I never watched that and I won't watch this either.

Isn't this going to be on a paid streaming service nobody watches anyway? It's going to crash and burn hard.

>implying you're not
star trek nerds are the most tenacious, entitled whiners of all pop culture consumers. they've been anxiously slobbering and growing tumescent over the thought of picking apart anything to do with thier precious franchise since minute one this was announced

Whoever wrote that redtit garbage should fucking kill themselves

I won't though, I'll just read what others are saying about it and shitpost like with the JJTrek sequels.

I only watched Trek 2009 because there was a RiffTrax of it, I'd say I'd watch STD with a RiffTrax but there won't be one until it comes out on home media at the earliest, if it even gets one because this shit is going to bomb, hard.

I'm not, just going to shit on it on Sup Forums

>Isaacs says that the new “Star Trek” will be a reflection of our own world, which is something he has a hard time discussing with his own children right now.

When did we as a society stop dreaming of a better world?

>hating a funny meme

hello R E D D I T

The medic from Event Horizon.
Could be good

Season 6 of DS9. It became about pew pew and moral relativity.

>“I don't know how to explain the anarchy and chaos," he said, citing America’s suddenly intolerant position on immigration as an example. “One of the things I can do as a storyteller is be part of stories that hold up a vision for the future where we just do better.”
BAHAHHAHA
WEW JUST LET IN UNLIMITED PEOPLE FOREVER GUYS! IT'S JUST LIKE OUR POST-SCARCITY FICTIONAL UNIVERSE WITH REPLICATORS

>they’re all going to watch anyway.

L M fucking A O. This shit isn't even going to be airing on TV. It's not even going to be airing on Netflix in America. It's some CBS streaming exclusive.

This is not the attitude you should take after all the behind the scenes rumbling with this series.

>America’s suddenly intolerant position on immigration
>suddenly

Doesn't the previous immigration wave pretty much always beat the new one though?
Like the Irish.

>There are places obviously where they’ve observed canon to do with things like uniforms and badges and stuff,

um, where is that exactly?

Um, sweetie? You see that little arrow thing on his chest?

You trekkies just want to hate on everything new, that they can't even appreciate all the rich details they're including for you to appreciate.

The US doesn't even have strict immigration policies, compared to the UK they are quite liberal.

okay so the badges part. now explain:
>uniforms
>and stuff

>Isaac
>white

Bill, you're a Jew AND a leaf, you're in no position to be snippy, even if you did play Kirk

>“I don't mean to sound irreverent when I say I don't care about the die-hard Trek fans,” he told us at an event in Los Angeles. “I only ‘don't care’ about them in the sense that I know they’re all going to watch anyway. I look forward to having the fun of them being outraged, so they can sit up all night and talk about it with each other.”

This type of mindset has never worked, and is just one more reason for me to ignore this show

Except now people can pirate, read wiki synopsis or even wait for youtubers to review/give a synopsis on the newest episodes.

When the fuck was the last time "you'll watch/buy/suck it anyway" been proven true?

>Star Trek's new captain does not care if die-hard Trekkies like him
It checks out because he's a zionist kike.

this is the exact mindset RTD had when doing Dr. Who revival, it more or less worked out

I don't remember the rival, was never a Dr. Who fan. Was the behind the scenes as big of a shit show as this current Star Trek revival is?

I for one am glad that this show is taking the risky position of eliminating the white patriarchy from what is surely some of the most overtly subtle racial,propaganda that lasted decades. Firstly as seen by the events from the weekend we will be seeing both an internal decision in respect to white women and an external in respect to government programs the elimination of the hero white male very soon. Secondly and related who call sodomites you know homosexual have been proven to be of higher intelligence and creativity than VI's people. Thirdly the bravery and true natural beauty of people of color would be the natural selection for space faring people. Just as they left Africa and settled all parts of the world from Sweden to America, their ability to convey a passion love and convert difficult situations into opportunities thrust dance. They would also be able to protect us or future earth through the light of ra of which Africans poses. This has been proven true n many advanced places such as Sweden anc Canada with the leadership of Germany. I know reading this will make racists squirm because it's the truth.

2005 was a long time ago compared to 2017. Social media was an entirely different beast. I mean shit, that's like, the first year Youtube came around.

>“I only ‘don't care’ about them in the sense that I know they’re all going to watch anyway. I look forward to having the fun of them being outraged

Famous last words.

It's GOOD to show contempt for your audience.

He's lying, RTD was a massive Dr. Who fan and the show was very much in the style of the original when he was in control, it was Moffat who fucked everything up and viewers have been plummeting since.

Only retards watch Dr. Who.

I guess that's the audience they're going for then.

I dropped Dr. Who back during the end of series 5. I remember during RTD's run, people sucking Moffat's dick.

Captain is actually a female. Had breasts reduction as well as a addadicktome procedure.

So we'll never have another Picard or Kirk? cause white.. We'll never have another Riker or Spock? cause white, we'll never have another based Irishman or Scotsman as Chief Engineer, cause white...

FLAME ON !

I hate reddit so much that I hang out there every day and study them so I can tell a bunch of fa/tv/irgins how much I hate reddit.

>need All Access to watch
fuck that.

Yeah, she's dead Jim.

>All Access

So burgers, how hard is this going to bomb?

Pretty dumb statement to make, given how fans slowly abandoned the franchise after TNG.

It won't make it past one season.

>2017
>still trying to market Star Trek to normies by dissing trekkies
fuck bad robot

Cancelled during its 2nd season. I can't wait for them to blame the fans.

Seriously, I don't understand why.

They keep trying to do like these high budget adaptations, and each time they've barely managed to scrape their money back. I don't even know if they did with Beyond.

I'm sure most fans would be perfectly okay with something on TNG's production level, so long as the stories were good.

Stay within your assigned square on the chess board, pawn. Only the globalist uber-elite can dream up your future and make it happen.

>LOL FUCK THE FANS
why do people think this is a good idea when making shows nowadays

>so they can sit up all night and talk about it with each other.”
Looks like it's already working.

Nigger it's 5PM.

TNG actually had the highest budget out of all Trek with each episode costing ten million dollars when adjusted with inflation.

Well fuck me then.

>“I only ‘don't care’ about them in the sense that I know they’re all going to watch anyway.
I hope trekkies make him eat those words

>intolerant position on immigration as an example. “One of the things I can do as a storyteller is be part of stories that hold up a vision for the future where we just do better.”

OPENBORDERS
P
E
N

Is anyone really interest in watching these blowhards jerk-off about how terrible Drumpf is?

He will be gender fluid queer.
Screencap this, it will happen.

hes a fuckin faggot

Sometimes people forget how vast Federation space is. Even when following canon we could have a show dealing with a patrol ship, let's say Akira class or my favorite a Sabre class that gets engulfed in some large conspiracy. Could also have had a show about Starfleet intelligence officers , maybe throw in section 31.
Just the canon trek universe even if you don't go beyond TNG offers unlimited potential. Hell, they could have made a show 10-20 years after Picard has retired and innovated on some new tech to give engineers of today inspiration to create the tomorrow.

So sad to see them just do a rehash. A reboot. Its going to be a weird world where the latest Star Trek canon film looks like a masterpiece.

What the fuck would they do on saber class? That ship is tiny

Every crewmembers death would be meaningful. Plus fewer major officers,more focus on the crew themselves ? They get the little dirty jobs of starfleet as well.

Game of Thrones

You know, antagonizing the fanbase of the property you're remaking did wonders for Ghostbusters, lets see if that strategy pays off for Star Trek.

I suppose, it still sounds better then what we're getting

Why not just make it a different Sci-Fi show then?

Why just make it under the namesake of Star Trek?

Fucking fuck you shekel greedy shitters ruining everything

>they'll watch it anyway
Haha no, it's not like Star Wars. You can't make up for the pissed off fanboys by appealing to normies.

>I know they’re all going to watch anyway
I'd agree with him if this was actually airing on TV but given the fact that you need to buy into CBS's personal streaming bullshit he's going to end up eating those words

RTD explicitly said in an interview that trying to cater to the fanbase is doomed to fail, best just to do your own thing and more likely then not they will like it anyway

Bad example they started off being 'for the fans' until they built a viewer base and then they started shitting all over the source material, but they needed existing fans to get them started in the first place and they understood that, these faggots don't

Anthony Rapp is also a white male main character.

>Kirk isn't white

If you aren't a burger/leaf then it will be available on Netflix.

>If you aren't a burger/leaf then it will be available on Netflix.

So all they get out of this literal shit show is some extra traffic on Netflix and two people watching it on all access? Neat.

>Isaacs says that the new “Star Trek” will be a reflection of our own world
Jesus. I've been trying not to be negative about this show like all the other retards on here, but this one line shakes my faith in the franchise. Star Trek is supposed to be the very opposite of our world. It's a dream of our potential, not a ghastly look in the fucking mirror. This is troubling news.

That worked out so well when Paul Feig said that about Ghostbusters.

Same for Tameen Whatshisfuck about DmC: Devil May Cry.

Saying "Fuck it, they'll watch it anyway" is pretty much the best way to guarantee no one will see it. Or at least not in the numbers you want.

He's right in the sense that everyone will watch the pilot, since it'll be on actual television. Or Netflix if they're outside the US and Canada. But probably no one is lining up to shell out for CBS' streaming service.

>This is troubling news.
What, you're not excited to see Chancellor Trum'Don?

it should be obvious that there won't ever be good trek again

Said the man in the year 2000.

how right he was

So he's trying to act tough?

Will the new show justify genocide as an acceptable form of warfare?

not me so i don't have to defend it

If someone said that in 2000, they were right. Enterprise was hot garbage.

>citing America’s suddenly intolerant position on immigration as an example.

WE MOVED TO EARTH

WE EARTHLINGS NOW

Isn't this part of the new timeline that Pine's iteration of Kirk kicked off? If that's the case all canon bets are off.

There is a reason all the allegories for the time period were done with aliens and not humans.

This Also, it's not a terrible thing to have the occasional display of human failure in Star Trek, but it needs to be the exception, not the rule, and it needs to be tastefully done.

This show is going to have an arc though, throughout the season, so it just worries me to hear that as if somehow humans being pieces of shit is going to be the main component of the season's story.

TFA

repeat after me:

only one season

>citing America’s suddenly intolerant position on immigration as an example

great, now the whole franchise will be about these people