Recommend some dreamlike films

Recommend some dreamlike films.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IwsYyRc9j4g
carljungdepthpsychologysite.blog/2014/03/13/carl-jung-on-fish-pisces-ichthys-in-the-red-book-and-memories-dreams-and-reflections/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Koyaanisqatsi

Amarcord
Paprika
Dreams
Un Chien Andalou

More like a nightmare, but the whole thing was literally inspired by dreams Dali and Bunuel had.

is this good

This. Also Song to Song.

No. Malick has done nothing but self-indulgent trash after The New World.

This film is terrible, like most of what German cinema has to offer.

Ooh a true cineaste in our midst indeed. Quite impressive.

ur a pleb kille yourself

looks like bargain bin Neon Demon

Angel's Egg

more like a nightmare though

Song to Song is a step up, though. And there's nothing wrong with self-indulgence, and it's in fact part of what defines an auteur. You have to realize Malick is getting old, and so he's rushing to bring his ideas and experiments to film. Can you blame him? It's one thing to dislike his films, but completely another to not understand them.

Fantastic Planet

It looks nothing like Neon Demon, idiot.

That inspired the lady with the egg in The Ringed City in Dark Souls.

They're both awesome and fucking brutal.

too good. next level shit. u won't get it.

what kind of dreams do you guys have?

Does the science of sleep count ?

It's honestly brilliant, yes. A new kind of filmmaking.
>Perhaps no film in the history of cinema follows the movement of memory as faithfully, as passionately, or as profoundly as Terrence Malick’s new film, “Knight of Cups.” It’s an instant classic in several genres—the confessional, the inside-Hollywood story, the Dantesque midlife-crisis drama, the religious quest, the romantic struggle, the sexual reverie, the family melodrama—because the protagonist’s life, like most people’s lives, involves intertwined strains of activity that don’t just overlap but are inseparable from each other. The movie runs less than two hours and its focus is intimate, but its span seems enormous—not least because Malick has made a character who’s something of an alter ego, and he endows that character with an artistic identity and imagination as vast and as vital as his own.

>As such, “Knight of Cups” is one of the great recent bursts of cinematic artistry, a carnival of images and sounds that have a sensual beauty, of light and movement, of gesture and inflection, rarely matched in any movie that isn’t Malick’s own. Here, he—and his cinematographer, Emmanuel Lubezki—surpass themselves. Where “The Tree of Life” is filled with memories, is even about memory, “Knight of Cups” is close to a first-person act of remembering, and the ecstatic power of its images and sounds is a virtual manifesto, and confession, of the cinematic mind at work. It’s a mighty act of self-portraiture in dramatic action and in directorial creation.

Fallen Angels

Films like these come to mind when I think of anime. Don't understand what some people have against anime - they must not have seen any.

>there's nothing wrong with self-indulgence
Sure, I just absolutely loathe most of his signature stylistic elements.

yes

It's always so boring hearing other people's dreams, i wonder why. But mine are me thrust in a new living situation, dorms, apartment, with new people around. I don't know what it means. I live alone and graduated long ago. Also constantly forgetting to attend a class for the entire semester and the sensation of having a mouth retainer again.

Otto e Mezzo
Stalker
Mulholland Drive

i have a reoccuring dream of long necked creatures circling my apartment they walk strange and their heads sway past my windows doing grotesque faces at me and i always scream at the top of my lungs to try and scare them away

Malick is a genius. Badlands was perfect, Tree of Life was perfect, Song to Song was perfect. He's really like no other, the only other American filmmakers left with his level of skill are Paul Thomas Anderson and maybe the Coen Brothers/Scorsese.

Beyond the Black Rainbow
it was so dreamlike it put me to fuckin sleep

I watched tree of life. It really felt like 3rd person pov, in a scattered way.

But this sounds better. I will check it out this week

The Tenant

possession, stalker, perfect blue, vanilla sky, along with a lot of the other stuff already mentioned, particularly un chien andalou and amarcord.

youtube.com/watch?v=IwsYyRc9j4g

>muh buzzwords

Picnic at hanging rock

My dreams are bullshit. They're always semi-lucid, but whenever I try to interact with or control the dream it turns on me and traps me in some loop of bullshit.

Like the other night tl;dr I caught this fish and I needed to give away the fish meat to people while it was still fresh, but there was just a never-ending supply of fish, and I know I can't move on in the dream until I get rid of all the damn fish but no matter how much I give out there's still more. Or a similar one but instead of giving away fish it's a god damn spider that's bothering me and every time I kill the spider there's another one crawling on me somewhere else. And it's like I can't move on until I kill the spiders, but they just keep coming. That or I just get shunted around extremely mundane scenarios I can't escape from.

I also get pretty crazy closed eye visuals whenever I'm trying to go to sleep, which makes it real hard to fall asleep.

Honestly fuck sleep it's a bunch of bullshit and I hate it.

What exactly are the buzzwords? And what exactly do you think buzzword means, because you're not even using it correctly.

vast majority of anime is nothing like Angel's Egg, Paparika etc

the end of this movie is amazing

recently, i had a dream i had third stage lung cancer .

I had a fever dream when I was like 7 or 8 where a bunch of tall slender beings stood over my bed and watched me while I was paralyzed, just like in that one movie.

It was absolutely terrifying as a child.

Obligatory recommendation of The Mirror since no one has said it yet, akso The Long Day Closes, Hiroshima Mon Amour, or Innocence if you want something more eerie

Literally just finished this, hilarious movie

Eraserhead
2001 a space oddyssey

Its when you buzz at someone with words, like an annoying little fly with a keyboard.

>It was Buñuel's intention to shock and insult the intellectual bourgeoisie of his youth, later saying: "Historically, this film represents a violent reaction against what at that time was called 'avantgarde cine,' which was directed exclusively to the artistic sensibility and to the reason of the spectator." Against his hopes and expectations, the film was a huge success amongst the French bourgeoisie,[24] leading Buñuel to exclaim in exasperation, "What can I do about the people who adore all that is new, even when it goes against their deepest convictions, or about the insincere, corrupt press, and the inane herd that saw beauty or poetry in something which was basically no more than a desperate impassioned call for murder?

I can't really appreciate this film after finding out that they were purposely just being edgelords and there's no deeper meaning behind it.

is that so

Mirrormask
Science of Sleep
The City of Lost Children
Dr Strange
High Rise
The Little Prince
Holy Motors
The Dark Crystal
Lost Highway

Yes, but that's like looking at the state of Hollywood flicks and capeshit, etc and coming to the conclusion that there's no worthwhile film to be found. It's simply not true.

that's the wong kar-wai one, yes?

this

yes.
nice quads.

>hilarious movie
How so? It was pretty sad, especially the vagueness of the true nature of his breakdown in regards to the supernatural or just mental illness. Repulsion is also good.

Last Year at Marienbad
8 1/2

The Leftovers Season 2
International Assassin episode

A Field in England

is that leelee? I loved her in glass house

whole film isn't like this and it doesn't fit what OP is looking for but I thought it's a cool dream sequence nonetheless

Name of the film?

oh shit I thought it was in the filename

Sexy Beast

Twice upon a time

Satyricon but also pretty much any other movie by Fellini

Not that same user but some parts like when he went to movie theater with Isabelle were funny but overall yea it was pretty sad about what happen to him.

>but also pretty much any other movie by Fellini

That's not true.

which one were you thinking, the 1968 or 1983? both would probably fit the bill

Werner Herzog's Nosferatu, very odd, dreamlike, lilting and strange

Casanova, 8 1/2, and Amarcord are all filmed very dreamlike IMO! My bad if the rest of his films aren't.. I assumed it was his directing style despite not seeing them.

Two autists together. How cute.

Imagine them having kids that are completly normal and have to deal with two autists for parents. That would be comedy gold.

celine and julie go boating

Tonight, I dreamt I killed a man

I felt no remorse, only fear of getting caught. Also, my friends were present at me killing him and I was weighting pros and cons of killing them to keep them from telling anyone, just preemptively.

I watched the whole movie three times in a row. He's so thirsty for God

yeah ok. So research the fish/pisces symbolism, esp related to Xtianity which takes up a large portion of anyone's unconscious shadow in today's West. In regard to the hypnogogic visions, I started to get these after meditating for a while, you should probably start taking real responsibility for you incarnation. The depths are trying to talk. You can either be a complete idiot or not.

carljungdepthpsychologysite.blog/2014/03/13/carl-jung-on-fish-pisces-ichthys-in-the-red-book-and-memories-dreams-and-reflections/

Everyone who feels lost in life even if they "have it all" should watch this, pretty good, helped me a lot.

"The hymn tells the story of a boy, “the son of the king of kings”, who is sent to Egypt to retrieve a pearl from a serpent. During the quest, he is seduced by Egyptians and forgets his origin and his family. However, a letter is sent from the king of kings to remind him of his past. When the boy receives the letter, he remembers his mission, retrieves the pearl and returns."

haha more like trolls

>this
this was really good. 90's asian kino was something was truly new to me in every aspect and it seems so foreign and familiar at the same time.

>no script, the actors just said whatever
yeah fuck off

worth the view just for that fucking shitty cg sex haha fuck the frenchies

last night i had a dream that i was living in a house that was much bigger and nicer than my house and suddenly a bunch of kids and other people kept showing up and being loud and obnoxious and demanding things from me.
i tried to close the door to my room but there wasn't one and i awoke somewhat frustrated and angry that i was helpless to get rid of them

went back to bed and it was the same house except i was outside, as if i had left and returned and realized there were people running at me and shooting, suddenly a task force appeared and started fighting back against them.
i ran inside and realized that some cartel had brutally murdered everyone in the house and the police said it was because they had heard a rumor that we were snitches. i wondered what i was going to do and then wandered around and more and more gang members kept popping out of no where and attacking us and i was so shook when i woke up i actually looked around for people hiding in my house waiting to pop out and kill me

what did it mean?

gay

Yep. I means you're gay, sorry bro.

I dream a lot about school even if I graduated long ago. Constantly forgetting to attend a class, or cheating in high school.

oh that's your answer to everything

We do not deserve Malick. It pains me how badly received has been his latest films. There seems to be no place for that kind of existential metaphysics in art anymore. Beautiful film.

>>no script, the actors just said whatever
>yeah fuck off
yeah, thats not accurate

y'all niggas be plebs

>The City of Lost Children
>Lost Highway
Pic related completes the Lost trilogy

Blue Velvet
Spring Breakers
Mind Game (experimental animated movie)
The Holy Mountain
Paranoid Park
Badlands

I have a lot of dreams where friends/people from different times of my life mash up. For example I dreamt that I went swimming in the lake of my hometown with a childhood friend, a girl I know from university, my little sister and a guy I met when I worked in a hotel for a week when I was sixteen. Also my dreams revolve almost always around social gatherings.

Not sure why my dreams love doing this so much but I enjoy it.

The Saragossa Manuscript

Seriously what happened to this board

Linklater kino right here. Alex Jones is in it as well.

My dreams always end with me lying in bed in a half-awake state, and there's a dead moth or a dead bird lying very close to my face. Sometimes it's still twitching or oozing black fluid. Then it abruptly comes back to life, flies into my face, and then I wake up.

What the fuck did my brain mean by this?

ffs it's literally called Dreams

Lynch is the closest to capture what my dreams are like