Go to college to gain knowledge, skill, and experience in order to have a successful career

>go to college to gain knowledge, skill, and experience in order to have a successful career
>get punished with thousands of dollars in student loan debt

Why is this okay?

What exactly is student loan debt?

>t. privileged white man

Or you could maybe not take out loans? Did someone force you to go to college, I skipped going to college and do okay, succesful careers and college are largely memes for most people.

Who said it was?
>Loans
Hmm I wonder who could be behind this

Its a thing liberal arts majors have when the graduate since they spend all of their free time smoking weed instead of working a job.

go to community college, transfer to a good state school. As long as your major isn't shit, you'll be fine.

>>get punished with thousands of dollars in student loan debt
>Why is this okay?
take loan, must repay.. simple economics. didn't college teach you this?

It's not a punishment, it's a price. Education is valuable, so no person with it's just going to give it to you.

>mfw americans will defend five figure tuition fees and then complain about "muh student debt" in the same breath

What if schools were cheaper, like they are in Canada?

>an investment costs money
Really gets those neurons firing

I seriously dont get how some Sup Forumsacks dont agree with universal healtcare and education.

You pay it thorugh taxes.

You people seem to have been brainwashed with the whole ''whos gonna pay for it?''.

Isnt the the best for a society that most people can have the possibility to study without problems?

>go to college
>50k in debt
>no job
>move back home
>hang Feminist Dance Theory degree on wall

>take a 5 figure loan to major "gender studies"
>waste 4-5 years of your life drinking and smoking weed
>can't find a decent job and has to settle with working for a minimum wage at McDonalds
>"Why do I have to pay back a loan?"
>"Why can't they raise the minimum wage to $15?"

no, its a waste of money. all it does for most people is delay their transition from child to adult another few years.

Because then schools would be shitty, like they are in Canada.

>implying mcgill and concordia arent top tier
wew lad

enjoy your women's studies community colleges though

Be a good goy and enroll in college regardless if your not motivated or don't have any plans for the future. Every Goy has the RIGHT to go to college.

>go to college
>graduate with honors in finance
>president in 4 clubs
>part time job
>graduate
>can't get a job because I have no current work experience in the financial field.

>choose to give your consent via signature to a very clearly defined contract
>bitch about having to uphold your end of it
>somehow think being held to your own legal commitment is unfair

Why did you agree to the contract if you think it's unfair or didn't plan to pay for it?

>What if schools were cheaper, like they are in Canada?
The colleges are not state funded, that's why it's so expensive

if you wanted to buy a house and the bank offered these two payment options, which would you prefer?
1. monthly payment for 4 years
2. monthly taxes for life

>Seriously unironically implying our schools aren't shit
I thought Sup Forums said american universities were jewish cultural marxism brainwashing facilities?

Implying school in canads is cheap? Ask my friend who is a test away from being a veteranarian how cheap school was.

You don't really get what you pay for anymore in education. It's more like housing, because everyone tells you you need a house - mortgage or a piece of paper but for many they are being suckered into a debt trap. In some ways these newly minted debt slaves are learning lessons they will never forget but because they are so desperate they drive wages down even further.

You're just fucking with me, right?

>hahahaha you stupid Americans have so many niggers and spics muh 60% implying america is white
>omg why don't you stupid Americans pay too keep all these spics and niggers educated and healthy? implying america is a 1st world country

Dumb ass.

Kek. "B-b-but son, if you go to college you're guaranteed a six figure income when you have your degree! You're such a smart snowflake!"

Sounds like you bought into the myth that the slip of paper they're charging you hundreds of thousands of dollars would be a net gain.

I'd love to sell you a bridge too, it'll help get you a job, these 5 jewish guys say so.

>I thought Sup Forums said american universities were jewish cultural marxism brainwashing facilities?
It's the same for the rest of the western world

>education is just memorizing facts
Why is it not surprising that uneducated people think this?

Nobody forces them to go in to debt. That's a decision that they make.

They could just as easily find some other job, save their cash, and then go to school once they are able to pay for it. Or, go to school and end up in less debt, since they can pay for some of it. Anyone who has loads of student debt can only blame themselves.

>saving several hundred thousand dollars while working minimum wage as an uneducated/unskilled worker

lmao americans are so fucking cucked

>being this nigger
>literally talking about something else.

Thats why american needs free education, so idiots motherfuckers like you can learn something.

go to a community college for 2 years, transfer to state school for 2 years.

boom very little debt and you got the same degree everyone else does

>implying working for your education means you're getting cucked
Meanwhile, your country's prime minister is a pot-smoking bed-wetting liberal hippie. Your country literally invests in "strategic maple reserves". Who is the cuck here, leaf?

>go to community college
>associates in computer programming
>teach self python and c#
>friends all up to their eyeballs in debt
>making $110,000 a year
Student loan debt: not a dime

>go to college to get brainswept with liberal ideas and values while ""learning"" material that is barely above high school level
>get punished with debt because you forgot to make an investment in your future with those four years and thousands of dollars and instead bought into leftist lies
I don't see the issue here.

>I seriously dont get how some Sup Forumsacks dont agree with universal healtcare and education.
>>Because niggers
>Some unintelligible bullshit
Great argument, fuckface.

gibs in all white countries = good

gibs in contested territory, e.g. America = bad

Because the college degree is almost as bad as a high school diploma. Making it free will only make it worse.

Look at the price of medicine. Prices have gone up 500% still think "free" shit is good?

Is this bait you son of a bitch?

You didnt argument for shit and you call me out for that?

Are you 10?

Kill yourself mate, come back when you have got an argument.

Also

SHART

IN

MART

>falling for the finance meme
you need (((connections))) to get a good job in finance you fucking autistic retard.

>2. You are free to speak your mind, but do not attack other users. You may challenge one another, but keep it civil!

Have fun the pokey, faggot.

Yep, youre pretending to be retarded.

Kill yourslef mate, do a favor to this world

why american students go to europe for education?
go to germany for example. munich polytechnic, berlin polytechnic, university of lausanne on swiss , they are so cheap and have really good education.

i mean, education on europe + 800 €-1000 € for a year + life expenses + a new language > fuckton of student debt in US

isn't that simple?

>* don't go

>parents didn't go to college
>didn't have college debt
>kids complain they went to college and have debt

Fucking hurr durr

Because Reagan tricked Americucks into believing that everything, including college, is better when profit motive drives everything, and now, surprise-surprise, necessary shit like education and medicine cost a fuckton more for us than proper countries.

Don't you see user? We're already in hell. Satan would just revive me for another round of torture.

>implying the cost of medicine was driven up because of the greedy corporate devils, and not because it costs a metric fuckton of money to research drugs and get them vetted through an overly regulated market
You must have really enjoyed the taste of the kool-aid, user.

Is college truly necessary though? Many industrial and engineering skills should probably be taught in apprenticeships like in Germany, rather than in classrooms.
In the end, there is only the useless servicing jobs to blame.

Perhaps it's difficult for a non-american to comprehend, but pre-Reagan, i.e. when most of our parents when to college, college in the US was sufficiently affordable to pay for with a summer job. Now, it costs an average of @20,000 per semester

Pretending this hard

See you faggot, im going to smash a nice pussy while youre here.

Im sorry that i wont read your response, but at least i will be fucking

Bye

So who eventually pays this student debt if the debitor himself is unable to pay the debt back?
Sounds like yet another private debt bubble just waiting to burst.

It is.

yup, the cost is so intrinsic to the product, and has nothing to do with the added cost of proffit-motive.

Part of the problem is that, for a long time, it was affordable and accessible enough, that we felt comfortable structuring our jobs-economy such that it was functionally essential, or at-least as essential as a high-school education was in the era previous, and THEN the price skyrocketed, after it becoming necessary.

>Canada
>Cheap tuition

The ONLY place in Canada that has cheap tuition is Quebec, thanks to the rest of Canada subsidizing their asses.

>get scammed
>rather than learn why they got scammed demand everyone else pay for their dumb mistake while continuing to claim they made a good decision.

If they got cheep education they might actually end up as intelligent as leaf-posters and stop living their lives on farms.

>"im going to smash a nice pussy while youre here."
>announcing your departure

kek where are you going, back to R*ddit?

This really. My student loans will only be $130/month because of this

Because most people study in something that ends in -studies and aren't qualified for university level study in the first place.

Also diminishing returns.

>i want something of value for free

Almost all of that debt is held by the government now, and what is held privately is government backed.

One of the Bernouts actually sensible points was about the amount of money the US government made in interest on all those student loans last year.

What are you even arguing? If the high price of the drug was the result of greed, it'd be really high in every country, no? And that aside, it costs much less money in other countries to get a drug to market than it does in the US, so I don't really see how what you posted is relevant at all.

Is it punishment when you know in advance it's what you're going to get?

>Drugs aren't higher in US because of failed privatized healthcare system
>They're higher because of how much more expensive it is to operate in our healthcare system.

Do you not think before you argue?

this.
the only people uni screws over are libtards who waste their money on a meme degree at a shit uni.

Because kids don't pay attention in his school nor apply themselves to get scholarships. Or too dumb to do a 2+2 with a community college.

>be m'dongo m'dango jamal
>Study thief and larceny
>No student debt

>Be Licy McTimothy AKA SLUTQUEER polygender apronemous post-modernist feminist of the 5th wave dimensional
>Study black dick worship techniques and underwater antiracist weaving
>50 millions of denbt

>Be Juan Martinez
>Don't study
>Cut grass

>Be Smith Johnson
>Study EE
>40k in debt but working hard to pay it off with an OK pay

IT'S SO UNFAIR VOTE BERNOUT! t.SLUTQUEER polygender apronemous post-modernist feminist of the 5th wave dimensional

What if college were free, as it should?
> first """"world""""

Asserting conjecture isn't an argument, roach.

And the fact that getting medicine to market costs infinitely more in the US is not a refutation of the assertion that our healthcare system is utter shyte, brainwashed redneck.

Interrestingly enough, it's the only privatized one left in the civilized world.... wonder if there's any connection.

The US also contributes the most money, by far, to medical research. Funny how that works out, isn't it? But surely privatization is the problem, right?

Our healthcare IS utter shite, not because it's under-regulated, but because it's over-regulated.

>Every other health-care system is much more regulated than ours
>Ours sucks in comparison
>Surely the regulation is the problem

Keep drinking the Reagan Kool-Aid.

Why do american political cartoonists feel the need to label everything

>take thousands of dollars that aren't yours, in return for promising to pay them back plus interest
>surprised when you have to pay them back

If you don't want to have loan debt, then work a fucking shitty job until you make enough money to pay up-front for college.

>5517 straight hours at minimum wage required to pay for 1 year of a degree
Maybe it's the post-reagan inflation of cost in america, and only in america, that is the problem being criticized.

Move to spain/latam if you want cheap education, you just have to learn spanish which is pretty useful, a full STEM degree is worth 4k (for foreigners) year here.. Or move to UK/Aus/NZ/Canucklestan/Germany/France but those are still expensive.
Oh right, I forgot!
>Implying those degrees have any value
You pay what you get, you can get a full degree for 4k or so, but it'd be from a shithole country.

Then these comics should be illustrating the problem of the cost of college, since the students have no direct control over that.

Whether a person takes out a loan and incurs debt is entirely up to that person, so it's stupid for them to complain about their debt afterwards.

Or you can go to a trade school or a cheap community college instead of a high-end college.

>taking consumer credit
This is your problem m8.Volenti non fit iniuria

UKIP already have this problem solved.

>STEM subjects for native Brits are all free
>Trade school for native Brits are all free
>International students pay fees for everything
>Shitty degrees cost money for everyone, scaling based on uselessness.

That's literally the perfect system. Prove me wrong.

You forgot to blame the patriarchy.

>willingly sign contract to borrow money from the Jews
>get pissed when you have to pay it back
Why are people so retarded?

>Thinking you need to go to college to be successful
>Complaining about having to repay loans you willfully took out