Are there any movies that just feel insulting to your intelligence? This fucking movie is so dumb I want to kill myself...

Are there any movies that just feel insulting to your intelligence? This fucking movie is so dumb I want to kill myself. I expected a martial arts movie and got Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, complete with shitty CGI and dumb characters and all. Avoid this movie at all costs.

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/kung_fu_hustle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought it was fun.

That movie was kino, retard

>what is absurdism

You shit eaters would praise a movie simply because it's foreign and it makes your epen bigger. Mark of a true plen

>taking kung fu movies seriously in the first place
>calls others retarded
I'll bet you were shocked at Battle Royale too faggot

>expecting a serious martial arts movie from Stephen Chow
that's like expecting an indie romcom from fucking Michael Bay

rottentomatoes.com/m/kung_fu_hustle

>guys i was expecting this kung fu movie to be really challenging and thought provoking
>instead it wasnt realistix!!

>worldwide popularity ushered in Chinese reliance on CGI
No, and fuck soccer
Stephens older movies were better sitcoms anyways

after growing up on old kung fu movies and that kung faux show I think it is one of my favorites. shaolin soccer is really good, depends on who you ask which is better.

>and got JoJos Bizarre Adventures
>like it's a bad thing

ISHIGGIDYDIGGIDY

it has a 90% critic review with 182 critics and an 89% audience score. what is OPs problem?

Most Chinese and Indian movies feel like insults to our intelligence
You just have to watch more of them until you stop finding them insults

Perhaps I got dumbed down.

As an addendum/examples
>the one where he's a beggar
>the one where he's a chef
>the one where he's a 007, spoof. Only good with a Chinese meat cleaver instead of a ppk

That's one of the best films ever made, you low test faggot.

OP has shit taste the thread

>I expected a martial arts movie and got Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
>I expected a thing that was completely different from every trailer and am disappointed it was the exact thing they promised.

Most audiences don't mind cg nightmares of shitty movies
Op is jelly how bayformers keeps making money
Also maybe general audiences think its OK for a foreign movie
>ie the AA did a pity Oscar and gave crouching tiger a best foreign film thing
People like to virtue signal for the nonanglos

This. What the hell were you expecting, OP?

What the fuck guys? You call this a good sports movie? How did they expect me to take this movie seriously?

I've heard people talk that way about Ichi the Killer. I think it's a 10/10 masterpiece.

and Kung-fu Hustle was amazing.

We can't fix your shit taste OP. That's inherent to your trash personality.

I never understand Stephen Chow

All those hustles for completely ridiculous repressed love?
That's completely out of their characters right?

I mean living in a third world shithole they must have had thickened their skin already? So why are the MC and everybody else so worked up for these trivial things?

For similar reasons I don't get Jackie Chan and Indian movies. On one hand they are like ultramasculine but at the same time they are like puppies

King of Comedy is Chow's best movie by far btw

Go fuck yourself, Op, you cock gobbling goblin.

Some things are just lost in translation.
These two characters. Their clothing. Their untranslated Chinese names. The actor and actress. They were all meant for a kind of nostalgia.

How is Stephen Chow's The Royal Tramp? I got it on DVD years ago. Never watched it.

Are you serious, redditfag?
He was told he was special by some random beggar, paid for a book of martial arts out of his future school funding, got his ass beaten by bigger bullies after believing the nonsense that smelly hobo spouted, was pitied afterwards by the girl he was trying to protect, and after having his childhood dreams shattered literally by being pissed on, he decides if he can't be a strong, good man on his own, he'll gain false strength joining together with other weaklings.
Fucking first-grade critical thinking skills here, bud.

How did Indians watch this kind of CGI scenes without feeling insulted is beyond me

It feels like they don't give a fuck

>The Royal Tramp
It was ok. Got the important parts of the story covered

Or maybe it's covered in its sequel. I forgot.