BvS

Now that the dust has settled... was it kino?

MoS was kino. This is just crap.

too much crammed into one movie for it to be kino, but it was the best possible result given the circumstances

here's a recap
it's MoS2
it's The Batman 2 or 3 (it's THAT medias res)
it's Wonderwoman 3
and it's a Justice League prequel

like dude, seriously

delete this

No, it was shit like everything Zack Snyder has made.

No, you can ask again tomorrow.

It was a beautiful failure.

Due to overuse, the term "kino" just means "movie."

So, yes, it was a movie.

entertaining at best

Yes, everyone hates it because they don't understand it and makes them feel stupid.

yeah honestly they tried to cram in too much shit

It was. I'm new at making images, but enjoy fellow DChads.

It's leaps and bounds ahead of everything else in its genre but compared to actual cinema? Eh...

redditors. Sup Forums is a DC and Zack Snyder stronghold

Yes.

Coming from someone who defended MoS to no end, no. It was okay but super messy.

What does that even mean? Go have your brand wars back at /r/dc_cinematic, you retarded faggot.

Why are mental patients so obsessed with this movie?

Pure kino

You know, there's a certain three-syllable word that springs to mind.

marketers?

That or autism.

Pretty sure you're right though.

Wow, you're really worldly and cynical. What's it like being 24?

Martha.

Legit question, for you:

If you genuinely think all the details the fans point out is just autism, the signs of some form of mental illness, or just marketers still talking about a movie that's been out for a year and a half, why are you even here?

You could at least point out why you think it's inaccurate, but we both know why you don't. The only way you really can is to call it coincidence, and frankly, that makes *you* look either crazy or just eternally butthurt.

Its pretty autistic to mine shit for corn and then insist everyone be perfectly fine with eating it.

Just because you stick corncobs up your ass doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Let me use your fake thread to ask a real question that's never asked and comes from genuine curiosity: What if Zack Snyder was black?

They have nothing else,
You can tell by the obama phone poster

Why don't you share first? cause i don't know what the fuck you are really asking

He would be hailed as the next Kubrick.

>>>/loo/

every. goddamned. day. laziest meme that's hit this board, somehow worse than trump

Fucking this.

>itt: DChads drop pearls before swine, then sit back and laugh at the cognitive dissonance.

it means Sup Forums loves DC and Zack Snyder. the real Sup Forums not you redditor invaders

I unironically love the DCEU, BvS most of all, followed by MoS, and can't wait for JL. I can't be be fucked with all the company war shit, but lest anyone thing just because they have the loudest voice they are the only opinion, that's how i feel.

yep

No, it was shit & it's still shit. Nothing has changed

Best capekino.

Martha

This ties back into something else going on thematically in the film. All three principal characters, Clark, Bruce, and Lex, are each not facing truths about themselves.

Bruce provides a good many rationalizations for his "war," things like the potential threat the Superman represents, that this is his chance to do something important, a legacy he'll leave behind, but the truth is much simpler:

>"You know, my father once sat me down right here. Told me what Wayne Manor was built on....First generation made their fortune trading with the French. Pelts, skins... they were hunters."

It's not a war. It's a hunt, and the man he's hunting this time is on the side of the angels. Unconsciously, he knows this. It's the message of his dream - by turning his back on the truth, he's allowing his obsession to consume him, so Bruce makes his plans, lays his traps, prepares his hunting ground, but he subtly sabotages himself along the way, all the way back to his chosen weapon.

Bruce is shown being unable to kill an opponent who's at his mercy. Even at his worst, at his most obsessed, he only allows him to kill in self-defense, only in ways that allow him to distance himself from the act, so by crafting a kryptonite spear, and by leaving it behind at a killing ground, the trap he's actually laying is for himself. He's not only chosen a weapon that absolutely demands he do the deed up close and personal, but also by choosing not to enter the battle with it already in hand, he's setting up the conditions under which he intends to use it - when his "enemy" is helpless. So when the opportunity finally does present itself, he predictably balks. He finds a reason to stop himself from moving beyond being a vigilante who can kill and succumbing to the monster capable of murder.

Of course he heard his father's dying utterance on the lips of his helpless prey. There was no way he wasn't going to. It is in that moment Bruce faces his truth - that he's been allowing his obsession to rule him.

doesn't change the fact all the rationalizations are weak and there isn't much in the way of solid reasoning for just about anything in the movie

Whose rationalizations? Bruce's? That's sort of the point.

it was alright

>all the rationalizations
>what rationalizations?

Really digging the level of reading comprehension on display.

None of the characters in the movie had anything resembling strong reasoning for their actions. Everyone seemed to simply act as necessary for the extremely weak plot to unfold.

I honestly belive that MoS and BvS are the greatest achivements of cinema history, the story is flawless, the dialogue is perfect, every shot could be used as a poster and every night when i go to sleep i masturbate to the scene of Luthor saying DING DING DING DING.
Snyder is truly the greatest kino maker of our time.

Clark is lying to himself as well - pretending he doesn't care what people are saying about him, but repeatedly over the course of the film, we see that quite the opposite is true. He does care, but he's afraid of what he's hearing, and of what he might hear. He's still carrying the guilt from the loss of life he holds himself responsible for, even the life he had to take.

>"All this time I've been living my life the way my father saw it. Righting wrongs for a ghost, thinking I'm here to do good. Superman was never real. Just the dream of a farmer from Kansas."

While he undoubtably holds himself responsible for his failure to prevent his father's death, that's far from the biggest or even the most recent ghost that haunts him. There's an entire wall full of them at his monument. The fact that the people of Metropolis chose to put that memorial there speaks volumes as to what they, along with the vast majority of people, think about him. They see it as a monument to those who lost their lives alongside the man who saved the rest. That's very much not the way that Clark sees things, though, so in a world panicking over the implications of his existence, he's overachieving, playing helicopter boyfriend not just to Lois, but to the whole world, righting wrongs motivated out of guilt, not a sense of true heroism, trying to make things right for the ghosts he carries.

Clark doubts himself and fears that he can never know whether his action or his inaction will ensure the best outcome, and that's precisely what his father is speaking to on the mountaintop. It's about facing the consequences of your decisions, good or bad, making peace with them, and learning to live with them.

Clark begins facing this truth just by choosing to attend the Senate hearings, but doesn't face it fully until he confronts the reanimated corpse of Zod, the biggest of his ghosts.

Should I point out the irony of your misquoting the guy you're accusing if having poor reading comprehension?

It was the best capeshit of recent times which isn't saying much

I rewatched it last night on my home projector. Its kino as fuck. I couldnt care less about so called plotholes and other numale criticism.

Should batman kill? I dont give a fuck! Im not reading comics!
But in Suicide Squad the Joker is...blablabla. I dont care! I watched BvS and we are judging bvs!

Film is a visual medium and god fuck this film is visual. Larry Fong outdid himself with the cinematography. Zimmer's ost is the best he did in years, elevating the film to practically an opera complementing perfectly the visuals.

Then we have the non standard narrative (which is what really made people hate the movie). The film chooses a different narrative structure, and people got lost since its not what they expect from a blockbuster. It goes in a pingpong like match between those completely different narratives. Superman and Batman storylines are separated pillars until way between 2/3 of the movie where they clash. It goes in a pingpong like match between those completely different narratives. Its as experimental as a major blockbuster allows it, and even a bit further.

There are several good capeshits (sm2, blade, x2) but frankly BvS along with Ang Lee's Hulk are the only ones with a vision behind them strong enough to be called Kino

>superman
>dream of a farmer from kansas

I unironically love this line because it completely forgets how pa kent did everything he could to ensure clark remained weak and afraid every moment of his life.

It was jor-el who told kal-el he could be superman.

Pa Kent was lying in MoS you fucktard.

He told Clark to protect himself at all costs even if it means not helping the people in need. But he said that not because he believed in it, but because he wanted Clark to be safe at all costs.

He talked about how maybe he shouldnt help anyone, how maybe he should care only about himself. Thats what he SAID. But when the moment came, he followed nothing of what he said. He gave his life for something as small and irrelevant as a dog. All his objectivist charade thrown through the window just to save the dog of the family.

And with it, he gave Clark the biggest lesson and what ends molding him into the Superman

Nope. Pa Kent saw Clark's potential, but also saw the importance of raising him as close as possible to how you'd raise any other kid. That's why Clark's already a young teen before he even starts telling him about his origins.

You want a Superman predisposed to a God complex? There's no way finer than to spend his whole childhood harping on how important, special, and different he is. You focus on that instead of his character and you've got the perfect recipe for a monster.

The legit reason is nobody thinks or is retarded enough to believe symbolisms or references count as good visual storytelling.

Even most fanboys never noticed them in the beginning and only after it's posted on forums but whenever someone asks what makes the movie great they resort to these. How can someone say from fucking day one that the movie is great even though they never saw these symbolisms when they first saw the movie ?

We've been pointing most of this shit out since the month of its release. We've just added more and more to it over time.

Yes it fucking was. The only problem I had with it was it crammed too many things into one movie, a problem that I also have with MoS and WW. If you watch it once, you're going to be burnt out by the end of it. But it's great that you get to appreciate more and more of the movie once you get more time to focus on the details. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this. Even my professor got so excited that he called me just to check if I also saw the Excalibur references in the final act of the movie, which I honestly didn't know about until he made me read the related literature.

This is the biggest load of crap I've read here. What kind of moronic father literally sacrifices himself to teach a simple life lesson?

>good visual storytelling
Let's not pretend you actually know what this is. At least the fans are showing examples of symbolism, not throwing around meaningless vague shit to justify being brainlets and having the attention span of a goldfish

Yeah no the only thing you've did during the first few weeks of release was go through the three stages of grief. Most of this shit came from r/DC_Cinematic. Many morons literally copy pasted shit from there.

It wasn't a single lesson. It was the culmination of all of them.

Question for you: in the same situation, what would you have done if you were the son? What about if you were the father?

Bullshit. I wrote a lot of them myself.

>first few weeks of release was just endless shitposting, just like every other week when a capeshit film gets released
>when fanboy shitposting dies down, everyone gets to the discussion
Why do you have to lie?

>a bunch of people watching the same movie got to the same conclusions.
No shit, dumbass. Is reddit your boogeyman?

Sure, Sure DC pajeet. The fact that you think these symbolisms are visual storytelling tells how much of a retard you're. It's funny though as Snyder movies are chock full of exposition(which are worse than Nolan's) but because he does symbolisms people immediately forget that. He is a mediocre filmmaker at best.

>go through three stages of grief
Marvelcucks really are the worst. Fighting for the honor of a company who literally wants to take money from you

Whatever you say brainlet. I'm not the retard throwing around the words "visual storytelling" like a dumbass casually using the word "science"

Well well looks like we have some DC_Cinematic regulars here.

Stay eternally assblasted DC pajeet

>these symbolisms
>how much of a retard you're.
>he does symbolisms

I think I'd refrain from calling out anyone as a "pajeet" when English so clearly isn't your first language. At least I pray it isn't, for the alternative is to weep for the state of the education system.

He didnt do it to teach a lesson. He did it because thats what he was. A guy that helps people in need.

He said he shouldnt but at the end he did it. His hearth forces him to do whats right, even if its not the most beneficial option.

What he said was bullshit to protect Clark. What he did, its what he really was. And what makes Clark help people in BvS even if everyone shits on him.

I guarantee you're on reddit more than I am. Know how I'm so sure? Because if it takes more than one hand to count your visits, I've got you beat.

Whatever you tell an invulnerable god-child is what will remain locked in that invulnerable god-child's mind forever. Because the vast majority of human development occurs as a result of human frailty and failings. Whereas the invulnerable god-child will never fail and will never experience, first hand, human frailty.

So by raising clark to protect himself at all costs, pa kent was raising clark to be weak and afraid.

It isn't actually but I didn't realize you had to be a native English speaker to call out DC pajeets.

I work at my local library, and one of the conditions for me being able to take out books from the '80s without permission was to help an acquaintance as an assistant film professor. It's hilarious how people like you default to reddit as if that constitutes as an actual argument.

>literally "u mad bro?"
LMAOing at you right now, brainlet

You don't have to be a native English speaker to consistently fail like that though. Maybe you're just retarded. Or can't type properly through the tears.

He's not invulnerable, though. He still experiences sensory as well as emotional pain.

I love these little made-up "such americana" stories the poo-shills make.

I really liked that one about the retired mechanic.

Being invulnerable and feeling pain aren't mutually exclusive

>a butthurt user is calling me a poo without actually knowing what my nationality is
I'll bet you miss Sup Forums's flag system, huh? Thanks for making me smile user

Or its just funny to imagine indians trying to come up with the most american stories they can in order to pass as real people on the internet

everyone knows all praise for the DCEU is marketing. No one really cares where its coming from.

Well look at it this way user. Either a street-shitter actually rekt you because your argument was shit, or you actually lost an argument AND making yourself look more retarded by calling someone "pajeet" over and over.

Post a time-stamped pic if you're so confident of everyone's ethnicity, fuckstick.

Here's mine. I hate this race-baiting bullshit. It smacks of either a backwards culture, or the very worst parts of my own.

The only shitting I did was on your head.

Oh I am sure you're laughing right now.

No it's plebeian trash, calle

I'm not sure what you're talking about. As the thread has degenerated into insisting there are no marketers here, no sir, because that's easier than defending any aspect of the DCEU.

Yes. And just like BvS, I'm sure it gets better as I read the thread again to see a fanboy get so utterly rekt.

You should return that arm to the morgue. It looks like it smells.

We need to see your face to be sure. You could be a north Indian pajeet.

>thread has degenerated into insisting there are no marketers here
>it's actually just a Marvelcuck who's mad because no one is sucking the dick of his braindead movies
Nice try user

Yeah, that's what happens when ass-blasted faggots can't refute any of the things fans keep pointing out. Shit, that we're still finding more instances of nearly a year and a half since release.

That's what chickenshit brainlets do - deflect.

This is one of the top threads of Sup Forums literaly a shit movie that's a superhero movie. God damn no wonder the state of Sup Forums can you just shut the fuck up about capeshit. No you can't because you are all fags.

Still waiting on those time-stamped pics, faggots.

Getting this mad over daddy Snyder holy kek.I think this is good example of why one shouldn't put their self worth in a movie or a brand.