Will we ever be not-shit at football (soccer)?

Will we ever be not-shit at football (soccer)?

yes, once you start drafting players from Tiramisu & Tobasco

Yes. Just forget about meme sports like baseball and american football and start focusing in the real sport that everybody plays.

Baseball is a lot more competetive and complex than soccer t b q h

Yes we were already good. We performed better tah England in alot of world cups. We also won once against portugal and tied ronaldo's Portugal. Our rankings were pretty high at some seasons, we were just super shit in the last qualifiers.
When those sports were developed, there was no international competitive sport.

Fucking based post my fellow based Yank I just fucking love the ol' footie and hate HANDEGG
Love tea as well and hate coffee
My hobbies include using "ou" and "re" instead of "o" and "er"
I also have a really good fake English accent (everyone thinks I'm really English!) that intimidates people since I sound so smart, so nobody ever talks to me

Only when it becomes our main sport. If the world's main sport was our football then guaranteed we would be top notch, unfortunately no one cares about soccer here so there is no competitive culture built around it.

Most of the people on this board aren’t Americans so I used football instead, dipshit.

According to r*Ddit, US soccer is shit because clubs in the U.S. are basically just pay-to-win and don’t care about talent, as well as most talented US players going to Europe instead of staying with US clubs.

Don't care faggot
Kill yourself

who cares; soccer sucks

better than handegg

Better question is who cares? Soccer is for fags.

Why do we have so many tryhard cucks who pretend to care about soccer to try and impress yuros? It’s pathetic. Neither Canadians or Australians do this.

because handegg is shit

Will we?

>the face of the thread

I would like the USA to be really good at football and our confederations to unite in a single continental one. This would help to lessen the domination of europe in football I believe.

>U LIKE ODER SPORT DAT MAKS U KEK!
Samefag.

t. handegg fan

handegg lol

Fucking BASED posts my fellow BASED yanks!
Keep it up and Europeans will think of you as one of their own! Have an upvote!

t. buttblasted handegg fan

Non meme you're not bad actually, it was embarrassing for you guys to miss out on Russia but bear in mind this sort of thing happens to a lot of world class teams.

Yeah uhhhhh I'm gonna have to ask you to delete this post

Why is the World Cup dominated by so few teams? It seems like the championship pretty much just rotated between Brazil, Germany, France, England, Italy, and Spain. Why don’t smaller countries like Mexico, Colombia, the Netherlands, Portugal etc. ever win?

England doesn't dominate shit, they are total shit.

being considerate of shit holes.
why are you such a cuck?
its soccer. repeat after me soccer and its a sport played by pathetic nations who have no other means to prove themsleves

>NOO LIKE OTHER SPORT ALLOW!!
Kill yourself.

Come on senpai use that peanut, football is the national sport of many countries but only those with a sizeable population and/or big enough investment to draw and develop talent usually win. Brazil has many good players because of sheer numbers, other big euros have less population than brazil but a lot more investment. Football is the number one sport in all of Europe but countries like Serbia, Greece, Hungary and so on never win anything important because they just don't have the numbers. Sure occasionally they will spawn world class players like Cristiano Ronaldo for Portugal but one miracle is not enough to carry the whole nation.
I honestly believe that if football (soccer) culture was more developed in the US and if it became the national sport, the US would dominate world competitions. The numbers are there but there's not enough interest to attract people towards this sport and start making some young talent.

Because it's pretty damn hard, everyone wants their win, this is the most competitive sports tournament in the world. You guys were consistently making round of 16 which is pretty good even discounting the dubious merit of qualifying in CONCACAF

USA isn't a bad football nation tb fair

we just won the Americas Rugby Championship

in rugby, obviously, and it's not a huge feat but a big one for us

I always wondered why the US didn't excel at it. American Football is really close to it, maybe pay a little to those players to play on the NT for the big cups, train them on the different rules rack in a few titles

Honestly, only about 50% of the population MAYBE has even HEARD of Rugby in the first place, if everybody knew what it was and we had 30% or so increase in players we could at least bump up to being as good as Georgia/Samoa. If as many people played rugby as football(soccer) here in the US, we'd bump up at least 3-4 in the world rankings

should have stuck with cricket if I'm completely honest
baseball is good but it's basically a dumber version of the original game

still, it and gridiron are both much better games than soccer. honestly don't understand why us, New Zealand and Canada are the only ones to realise how shit soccer is.

if you're built for the sport, would you choose this obscure minor sport in your country or the biggest one where you could earn as much in one game as you would in a year playing rugby?

it's the same reason why Australia is shit at rugby union. the money is all in rugby league, australian rules football and cricket so that's where all the talented athletes go

I mean I'd choose rugby but I'm one in essentially millions or some shit who'd make that choice probably so, that's the reason we're in 17th/18th place

Well, with no big news or happenings like getting to the finals of the world cup, it won't become popular, and without being popular it will never make money, and with no money you don't have a budget for a national team, and you get the idea of the vicious circle.
That's why I think it would be nice if some big broadcasting company and a few sponsors or god forbid, the government, threw money in to jumpstart the whole thing.
It's not like you'd have to make a team from the ground up either, just invite NFL players, a great source of athletes that almost no other country could dispose of. The potential really is there.

you first, i need an example

I don't think I've met a single rugby union fan that isn't a saffer, kiwi, frog or a coconut. Without migrants the sport would completely die here.

that won't be happening anytime soon
all we can hope for is the younger people to catch on to it and it grows from actual growth starting from the ground up

sadly we have to wait at least another 4 years to get another chance

we're talking of rugby

Why would rugby ever become popular in the US when we already have football? At least soccer is different enough, most Americans wouldn’t care enough to switch to rugby.

he's literally saying it's not likely going to grow, learn to read

reading is communsim

I'm just saying the US has great potential at rugby. It participated in 7 out of 8 world cups and has more registered players than Australia or Italy (granted having like 25 and 5 times the population respectively, but still).
Sports can coexist bru, I don't see why not shill for it if you have the potential

I mean I've played footy, amerifoot, rugby and even baseball all for multiple seasons over the course of my life each and i fell in fucking love with rugby instantly. People would easily enjoy it here if they learned to understand it, as you said it's closer to amerifoot than anything, but it also gives national pride, which for the most part cheering for your closest team does not

little girls play it here. nobody really cares about soccer.

I don't like either of them and think rugby is objectively a more interesting game

than soccer?

rugby is annoying that the play never stops even if they come at your hard and you are being stomped intro dirt and someone tries to gouge your eyes out or stick a finger up your ass. football is more logical. play a few seconds, gain some yardage and stop and regroup. whereas in rugby they are running back and forth brutally tacking each other and no pads. fuck that.

god i wish that were me

There's not much better of a feeling than being the lighter scrum in a tied match and you fucking absolutely hate the 8 across from you and you turn over a scrum which only happens once every several games in younger leagues, keeping your discipline, and searching for contact instead of avoiding it

all was great

>play never stops
one of the big criticism union gets is how often play stops

who fucking cares about international soccer

we have nothing to prove to other nearby state sized countries

it'd give you a chance to beat vietnam for once

who said we didn't?

a lot of people, true or not

but either way if you don't enjoy a sport you don't have to shit on it

oh I enjoyed playing the sport, but it's boring as fuck to watch

I would compare it to some kind of competitive sport centered around the jungle gym, sure, as a kid it was fun, but I'm not invested in it as a sport.

At least you're good at American football, your teams are the only ones in the world that have ever won a super bowl.