/westcoast/

West coast superiority thread.
invited: west coast and friends
not invited: coping flyovers who will insult Alaska, California, Washington, Oregon or even Hawaii
Best geography/nature:
Alaskan wilderness
California coast and national parks
Hawaii
etc.

companies:
>amazon
>google/alphabet
>microsoft
>nike
>kaiser
>apple
>Oracle
>facebook
>Gilead
>in n out
>Qualcomm
>Nvidia
>Tesla
>Space-x
>McKesson
>intel
>Disney
>HP
>cisco
>adobe
>costco
How can the rest of the world compete?

The only two i recognized were Volvo and IKEA. Tell me, how many of the companies in OP's list did you recognize?

>Alaska

I hate the west coast. I also hate the lower east coast.

East Washington/North Idaho is objectively superior to Se*ttle

>>"Global companies"
Most of those are completely irrelevant desu.

Only these companies, plus Ikea, are "global". Everything else is some tiny irrelevant thing

Youve really never hears of Ericsson or H&M? Really?

Nigger how the fuck do you not know Swedish matches. Sweden has only made the best matches in the world for the past 200 years.

"No"

>H&M
I never go to malls or shopping centers
>Ericcson
why would I know about a telecomunications company that doesn't do service in my area?

I always light my fires with a lighter or gasoline if its particularly wet or snowy.

I know Ikea, Volvo, H&M, and also AstraZeneca because every pharmaceutical commercial ends with "if you cannot afford [it] AstraZeneca may be able to help."

Well you sure lit my fire *zzzzziiiiiippppppp*

Because they supply ISPs worldwide with network equipment and technology.

It feels like West-coasters fight with themselves more than they do with outsiders. There's an intense rivalry out here, especially here in Oregon. Oregonians do not like Californians from what I've seen.

Guess it's hard to fight with a flyover state you know next to nothing about

I see Ericsson machines in every country

I don't work in the field of radio technology so why would I know that

You should check that list again
>ABB = swiss
>AGA = part of Lidne group (Germany)
>Akzo Nobel = netherlands
>AstraZeneca = british
>StoraEnso = finnish

I could go on... Some of those companies are in no way "global". Your random banks and telecoms... every country has those. RBC is probably bigger than all your banks combined, and then some.

In any event, I don't see why you're posting about your irrelevant economy in a west coast thread.

i've never seen an ericcson phone in my life

Ikea, H&M, and volvo are literally the only important ones on a global scale there, and I hate Volvo, but that's just me.
Funniest thing about it is you have to post on a west coast machine (California if Apple, Washington if Microsoft) and more than likely runing on west coast computer parts to insult the west coast.
LMAO

>Guess it's hard to fight with a flyover state you know next to nothing about
Completely agree. The city vs flyover shit flinging reminds me a lot of the few years back when the euros were telling americans all about their healthcare and public transportation. What can you do but be impressed when you know nothing about a small country in europe? Switzerland isn't going to tell you how absolutely terrible their car laws are and how would you know if they are? Like the United States the east and west coast have the curse of having heavily publicized and well known problems.

I'm actually shocked how many of these I didnt know were swedish. Tetra Pak, Securitas, ABB,

ITS SO FUCKING COLD

I've actually met fellow Americans who don't even know where my state (Missouri) is on the map. Even if they do know where it is, they keep thinking we're the south. I don't even correct them anymore because it's tiring

very forgettable state desu. Also i live in WA and I never pay attention to the east half of the US when im looking at a map

you're only barely not in the South, don't see how it's a big deal

would rather be southern than M*Dwestern

My bad, was thinking of Electrolux

Yeah I feel like
I think that people thinking you're in the south may have something to do with Tom Sawyer and other portrayals of your state being backwards or heavily conservative. Honestly a lot of the "M*ss" states often blend together for me.
>Missouri
>Mississippi
>Massachusetts
>sometimes Minnesota
It has a lot to do with the fact that I've never had to navigate that far east.

Guess it really doesn't make a difference. It wasn't until I started moving around did I realize that not many people from my state do the same. I grew up in St Louis, so I always considered myself a Midwesterner (like everyone else).

I hold no hatred for the South. On the contrary, I'm actually moving there and have always enjoyed vacationing out there. Growing up in the Midwest kind of sucks because there are no beaches. Not to mention the culture is far more similar to the Midwest than it is on the west-coast.

>St Louis
is it as dangerous as they say it is?

Need a comprehensive list of Californian burger joints, lads

NOT UNTIL YOU DELETE THAT FILTHY IMAGE

Quite. I lived in the suburbs so I was away from most of it. But there's always a few murders pretty much every week in the ghetto. We've even had to lockdown our school district one time because of a drive-by at another school. I miss home sometimes, but I would not want to live there. And I doubt many people do by choice

When I first moved to the West Coast, the ferguson incident happened and sparked major news coverage from all over the United States. For all the bad publicity, St louis is not 100% ghetto. We have some nice attractions (St Louis ballpark village). It's like Brazil. When visiting the city, have common sense and don't wonder into the favela at night

State your State
Californian here

I refuse to share a general with Cascadians.

>lower east coast
the south?
we have to put our differences aside so as to bask in our supremacy squarely.