Homecoming at $705m with no China, Sup Forums on suicide watch

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/08/13/box-office-spider-man-tops-700m-wolf-warrior-2-tops-titanic-and-avengers/1

>Ironically, its relative failure is helping Spider-Man: Homecoming by continuing to make it the event movie for kids. The reboot earned $6.1m (-31%) in its sixth weekend for a fine $306.5m domestic total. It opened with $7.1m in Japan, which pushed its worldwide total to over $702m on a $175m budget. That’ll do, Spidey. That’ll do.

Other urls found in this thread:

mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2016_Final-1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>batman of marvel
>does less than gotg

hmm

>going to make less than Suicide Squad in the US
>saved by foreign shitskins
Why is marlel so big among non whites? They are dipping into Transformers waters already

Fuck I loved MoS.

>Batman of Marvel
>more profit than Batman + Superman + Wonder Woman + Lex Luthor all in one movie

Less than GotG doesn't really mean much when GotG is a huge hit that draws in people who hate comic book movies.

Non-Hispanic whites are only 49% of moviegoers in the United States.

mpaa.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/MPAA-Theatrical-Market-Statistics-2016_Final-1.pdf

adult cinema like bvs doesn't have a large market like a childrens movie such as spiderman

>"i-it was s-supposed to fail and not make money..."

>adult cinema like bvs

>bvs
>adult cinema

yes, keep lying to yourself as you cry yourself to sleep every night

>adult cinema like bvs

>Iron Man v Spider-Man with Captain America
>less profit than Wonder Woman
Jesus christ

Iron Man has literally eight minutes in the movie, Cap has a cameo. It's like claiming BVS is the literal Justice League movie because Wonder Woman had eight minutes and Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg had cameos.

Nice excuses bro

Captain America is in the movie for about one minute

I only just realised when I woke up that the reason they needed Cyborg as a founding member of the Justice League is because the next movie they're doing is based on Flashpoint where, in at least the animated film, Cyborg played a key role, and they're likely just going to more or less remake that

and?

nah, they just needed someone who's clearly black because there are people who say he isn't black.

SpiderFlop SpiderFlop
Just look at that weekend drop
Losing money? Holy Cow
Not even China can save it now
Look out here comes the SpiderFlop

now that it's confirmed it's a phenomenal financial success, there will definitely be a sequel. i just hope it will be an actual sequel starring tom holland and not another remake. if the director wants to make another remake because ego then replace director please.

In which case they'd have picked John Stewart Green Lantern

i'm sick not thinking straight. i did not mean people think cyborg is not black. i meant there are people who say that khal drogo aquaman actor guy is not really black so they needed another character played by actor who is clearly black.

>khal drogo aquaman actor guy is not really black
Well he's not.

they probably wanted to avoid lantern after that movie flopped

SpiderFlop SpiderFlop
Just look at that weekend drop
Losing money? Holy Cow
Not even China can save it now
Look out here comes the SpiderFlop

since homecoming is a certified box office success, when will they have the sequel? and will harry osborne be in it?

autism

>Sup Forums is always wrong

>adult cinema like bvs
National Geographic predicted what adults will look like in 2017 and it's beautiful.

>mfw I love DC Comics but hate DC films amd have to watch Marvel clean up at the box office

>Asian Zatanna
nice

But its set to make less than BvS

Its going to make about the same as Wonder Woman but be far less profitable. If you're going to play that game DC won the match up easily

Is this what dcucks tell to themselves before crying to sleep?

Sorry cuck , we won't let you.

>dc
>wining
>ever
kek

Wtf? Why is Iron Man shooting Spidey?
Look. I was one of the guys cheering at this films "failure" and laughing at the SpiderFlop meme. But don't start pulling the "it's for kids" card when it starts getting off the ground.

I love how the most autistics spergs are DCucks

N-no bully!

bet that bizzaro chickie a nasty freak in bed

> Second worst Spiderman movie
> With MCU hype
> With RDJ
> With Marketing filled with Iron-man

Homecoming is gonna make LESS than the fucking Amazing Spider-Man 1 BO Adjusted

I'm honestly happy to hear this! Forget the company war shit, the movie was solid and Holland was a great casting choice. I wanted him to hang around.

Good to hear.

I'm glad Asia is finally saying no to white worshiping white propaganda western garbage now

>highest domestic grosser of the year after BotB (higher cut for the studio)
>$149M budget
>feminists were writing hit pieces on the movie because of how little marketing it had
Not only it's going to be more profitable than Homoflopping, it's going to be more profitable than GotG2 and Civil War too. You should make movies for white american audiences instead of chinks and shitskins, that's how DC keeps winning

>batman of marvel does less than skwad
>cost 200m budget +200m marketing also they paid 1.5 billion to sony for renting spiderman to them
>implying chinks care about spiderman (this movie has niggers too)
>doesn't even win oscars

spiderman is one of the biggest flops of the century, it's time to stop posting pajeet