Why does Sup Forums never talk about this literally perfect film?

Why does Sup Forums never talk about this literally perfect film?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"lie lie land is a live"/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Could you have picked a worse poster?

no tits, no party

It's shit. And dishonest at that. No more than 2/10 3/10. How can you have a perfect film with utterly ass singing, numbers, dancing and acting plus dishonest directing and screenwriting?

>dishonest
How so?

Are you a girl

>has a shit man voice
>poor dancer
>looks like garbage on screen
I'm having trouble finishing La La Land because of this shit did anyone walk out of theaters over this?

bad film mate, watch les parapluies de cherbourg instead

I bet you loved Glee as well. Faggot.

This
How is it not? Are you fresh off the boat? You liked being cucked? Chazelle obviously has the self awareness to see how saccahrine this endeavor is.

For real, how white and female are you?

Can you give an actual answer instead of memes?

>ahurr durr women or gay
I bet all of you only watch manly blockbusters with lots of explosions instead of, you know, actual cinema.

I go great lengths to avoid watching movies advertising with critical acclaim on their poster, if most people loved it I probably won't

That's very feminine.

You've come to the wrong place then, this movie is literally impossible to discuss here because we got spammed with "dishonest" memes about it.

...is that a yes

>anime reaction images while calling someone a woman
Now I've seen everything. Fuck this place.

It's not a meme Lie Lie Land is a live-action Disney movie. Except Disney movies have better soundtracks, characters, and the struggles faced by those characters aren't fucking retarded. Hollywood hasn't put out a movie this self-masturbatory since The Artist. It is honestly unbelievable how shallow this garbage is.

>dude just follow ur dreams no matter how delusional lmao

The movie justifies this idiotic moral by having the characters achieve their insipid dreams through luck and happenstance rather than hard work. Mia shits out a single one-woman show and does one performance of it; of the 8 people in the crowd, one is a casting agent who falls in love with her and delivers her an A-list acting career on a silver platter. Seb's friend bumps into him, and immediately offers him a job. Following that, despite the decline of jazz in LA and having no experience running a business, Seb ends up owning a hugely successful jazz club. I am sure it is very easy to romanticize succeeding in Hollywood through dumb luck when the people making the film did just that. Many of the scenes in the film were homages, but it doesn't justify them. The overlong scenes of Seb and Mia dancing against romantic backgrounds get old very quickly, and just hammer home the fact that there is no substance to this film. It is also surprising that the relationship at the core of this film only came about due to coincidence; these two run into each other 3 times for no reason other than convenience for the writer.

Chazelle obviously has the self-awareness to realize how saccharine and empty the movie was. In order to make it seem like something other than a sugary bowl of sunshine, he attempts to give it a "bittersweet" ending, but he even fails here -- both characters get everything they wanted out of life.

>b-but they don't end up together, they were meant for each other

You have to be a teen girl to even consider this line of thinking.

2/10 - at least it looked decent

I don't get it. Why would someone put so much time into spamming memes instead of actually explaining their problem with a film? Do they not realize that memes just make people stop paying attention to them after a while?

>anime
>Now I've see everything

>very uninformed
>despite that still self assured

It's like I've seen your pussy.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/"lie lie land is a live"/

Try again but in English.

Don't try to make sense of it. Sup Forums is the most autistic place on the internet. All they do is discuss capeshit and Game of Thrones and anything that wins Oscars they act like it's the worst thing to ever exist simply because critics like it more then their superheros.

You've discovered that things are reposted here? The text is correct.

Lol nigger oscars and capeshit both don't matter. In what world do you think oscars are given by merit?

Which is funny because you also get people shitting on Oscar winning movies and calling people "plebs" for liking them instead of some obscure arthouse film which isn't even that good anyway. It's like, no matter what it is, there's always someone looking for an excuse to hate on it and try to shut down any discussion about it.

>females stick together

But you don't irl, do you?

Reposting is against the global rules of Sup Forums.

English, please.

So youre upset over a question heh...what mental illness do you have miss

Did you think it had a happy ending, OP? I did, but people I talk to disagree. I thought it was a very satisfying and uplifting way to finish.

It is nice movie.
Shows women very realistically.
As money hungry betraying bitches.

It's just Sup Forums nature, they literally hate everything no matter what it is, even if they like it they'll shitpost about how horrible it is.

>Why does Sup Forums never talk about this literally perfect film?-
because its not.
7/10 at best

It was like Whiplash. It was executed in a way that FELT happy, but when you think about it later, you realize it wasn't happy.

>it had a happy ending
How exactly?
She dumped him, slept with another man, got a child from another man, not returned to him.
And he still loves her.

IT'S WOOL

She's an accomplished actress, which was her dream.

He restored and owns that jazz bar and plays to audiences that love and appreciate his music, which was his dream.

The pair realised that they could either be together, or they could pursue their dreams, and they chased their dreams, and they found love while achieving their dreams. To me, that's the epitome of a happy ending. And when, years later, they meet again, I feel like that montage represented their acceptance of what happened. They lock eyes and understand - and most importantly *accept* - that it never could have happened. Maybe bittersweet might be a better word for it, but I think happy works pretty well too.

Lol what?

>and they found love
He still loves her. Just look at the name of his bar. And hopes she will return.
She saw life they could achieve if they made some things differently, because she regrets her choices and know she made a mistake by marring another man.

In the end, they both broken people. Well, man much more broken.
Nothing happy in that.

Then why is it allowed here?

Yes, they achieved a form of happiness by achieving their goals, but I think the point the film was making was that they might have achieved an even greater happiness if their relationship had gone better. It's a bit ambiguous, what could have been versus what actually was.

It's not. The moderation on this site is just very lazy most of the time. Let's see if it gets deleted.

Well look I've only seen it once, in theatres, so maybe I'm overdue for a rewatch. I know I was left with the impression that they were happy at the end though.

DO I REALLY FUCKING HAVE TO EXPLAIN Sup Forums TO YOU?

BEFORE RELEASE: SOME THREADS
WHILE IN CINEMA: NO THREADS SINCE THAT COSTS MONEY
BLURAY RELEASE: LOTS OF THREADS
MONTHS LATER: OBVIOUSLY NO MORE THREADS

Obviously your just trying to bait people by saying the movie is literally perfect, but I did genuinely enjoy it. I basically went in with the mindset that it's essentially a superhero movie but marketed for a feminine audience. So of course it is going to be relatively shallow and brightly colored, but that isn't always a bad thing. Not everything has to be dark and sad. I didn't go in thinking there was going to be some profound message, or that there would be anything of substance besides homages. The movie looked good, the singing was fine, and it had a nice bittersweet ending which is basically all I asked of this movie.

There's a word omitted that makes it different

It is honestly a bad movie, couldn't enjoy it at all.

>girl get rich husband and happy successful life
>guy is stuck living in the same shitty apartment not making any money

Most realistic ending ever

but user he has shitty jazz bar that could close down anytime
hes happy :)))))

I do not understand why he loved her in the first place.
She was stupid, disliked jazz, drama queen, bad actress.
And he supported her in her every decision.

>WHILE IN CINEMA: NO THREADS SINCE THAT COSTS MONEY
Some people watch camrips, though I personally hate the idea.

And La La Land made a lot of money so I think a lot of people on Sup Forums actually went and saw it in theaters.

because thats how most males are dumbass.
we chase after women who don't give a shit about our hobbies

[citation needed]

>my opinion is objective

Because you aren't going to find a girl that likes all the geeky old things you do, so you either try to get a girl into it or remain a virgin forever waiting for your perfect geek chick to come along

This, he was interested in her because she's hot.

Because it's like all Best Picture nominees and winners these days, completely forgettable. Every now and then you get something like Whiplash that is memorable, or something like Foxcatcher that doesn't receive any attention, but the Oscars only go to films that nobody but the Oscar voters care about, which means they either go to films jerking off about how great Hollywood and the art industry are (The Artist, Birdman, La La Land, Argo) or about the struggles of blind Jews or gay blacks or whatever.

>so you either try to get a girl into it
And look at the ending.
She leaved him. Created a family with another man, while he still alone.
Was it worth it?

Dude, La La Land made a metric fuckton of money. People went and saw it. Moonlight, yes, nobody went and saw that. You're mostly right, just not about La La Land.

What, are you in your period?

The King's Speech also made a metric fuckton of money, nobody cares about it anymore. Avatar made the biggest fuckton of money of all time and it has had basically zero cultural impact.

yeah but he still fucked her first.

Better to have love and lost blah blah blah. A girl like Emma doesn't come around often.

Are you kidding? I still see "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE KING'S SPEECH" in trailers, posters, etc.

>fucked her first.
She was old woman in hollywood.
He wasn't first. More like 200th.

Try again in English.

Yeah, because otherwise nobody knows who the hell Tom Hooper is, even though he won an Oscar for Best Director. They do that for all movies, they mention a bunch of Nolan's films in the trailers for his next movie, but they don't need to. If they just said "From Director Christopher Nolan", that would be enough to draw in people. If they said "From Director Tom Hooper", people would say "Who the fuck is Tom Hooper?"

Don't even get me started on the 10,000th Hollywood take on World War II, usually with "Did you know the invaluable contributions made by gay black disabled Jews to defeat the Nazis?"

Its completely forgettable and only made money because of jews YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MOBIE SO GOOD SO MANY AWARDS 5/5 STARS WOW
Oh fug I guess I better go see La La Land with the girl now :D

he fucked her before the old guy did. pussy is pussy.
he can fine another dumb girl in his bar. if they made a part 2

>he can fine another dumb girl in his bar
He clearly autistic and still loves her.
So most likely he will raise her son in part 2.

he'll get over it in the beginning of part 2. but the end she'll come back and reveal rich guy cheated on her with a younger version. then he takes care of her kid

>a frog like this doesn't come around often
Thank Christ for that

Why the FRICK would there be a part 2 of La La Land?

Did you seriously just use an emoticon on Sup Forums? -_-

>being talented and ambitious = luck
only on Sup Forums

It's copypasta. Don't respond to it.

Because they take place in the same universe, after JK Simmons got fired in Whiplash he goes on to be a manager of the shitty restaurant Goose was working at. Part 2 will be Miles Teller vs Ryan Gosling in an epic Jazz duel that will decide the fate of the universe.

On Christmas Eve, two years after the Nakatomi Tower Incident, Sebastian is waiting at Washington Dulles International Airport for his wife Mia to arrive from Los Angeles. Reporter Richard Thornburg, who exposed Holly's identity to Hans Gruber in the Nakatomi Tower, is assigned a seat across the aisle from her. In the airport bar, spots two men in Army fatigues carrying a package, one of whom has a gun. He follows them into the baggage area. After a shootout, he kills one of the men while the other escapes. Learning the dead man is a mercenary believed to be killed in action while originally serving with the US military, relates the situation to airport police captain Carmine Lorenzo, but Lorenzo has ejected from his office.

Former U.S. Army Special Forces Colonel William Stuart and other members of his unit establish a base in a church near Dulles. They take over the air traffic control systems, cut off all communication to the planes and seize control of the airport. Their goal is to rescue General Ramon Esperanza, a drug lord and dictator of Val Verde, who is being extradited to the United States to stand trial on drug trafficking charges. They demand a Boeing 747 cargo plane so they can escape to another country with Esperanza in tow, and warn the airport controllers not to try to restore control. realizes his wife is on one of the planes circling above Washington, D.C. with too little fuel to be redirected. He prepares to fight the terrorists, allying himself with a janitor, Marvin, to gain larger access to the airport.

It's ironic that while your view of the ending is realistic, the responses to your this post show a very idealized view of romance (A man pining for woman in his), this ending is a very mature look at the world; sometimes you need to let someone you really care about go as the relationship just isn't right at that point for the two people. It's no ones fault.

Ah, Pianoman vs. Drumman: Dawn of Jazz.

Something important to note about the ending is that the fantasy was entirely from Mia's point of view, not Sebastian's.

Anyone else find it funny that this picture is used in every single poster when it only appears in the movie for half a second?

>It's wool
What didn't he mean by this?

IT'S ANOTHER DAY OF SUN

/thread

>copypasta ending the thread
Uh, no, buddy.

>buzzwords: the post
Get real. You probably act like this irl and have no friends hahaha

>HUR DUR I'm not orginal so I have to copy paste other people opinions the same as mine
Nice copy pasta

>samefag
Hahahaha what a dumbass

Oscar bait; I'd rate it 3/10

This is a completely honest critique tho

>complains about anime
>on chinese cartoon forum
Never gets old

because its literally the gayest thing ever created

Good post

>not a single person noticing that neither of the images are actually anime
This board is weird sometimes.