American culture and life thread#3

Sup Forums has become an anti American circle jerk so we need to have a comfy place for ameriboos and americans to discuss life in america and ask questions
Welcome: Ameriboos, Americans, neutral and curious people, nice people
Not welcome: Anti Americans, Sup Forumstards, rude people
Corporate america edition

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/americans-are-drinking-more-tap-water-2015-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hello

hi :3

what's missouri and florida?
thought century link was in washington because of the stadium

What are those companies from Vermont and Maine?

>Am*rican """culture"""

America sucks donkey dick, and the culture is incompatible with the information age.

Well chile?

>american brother larping as a British and European
sad
Nothing happens in Missouri and Florida is basically all the stereotypes of america both good and bad in one state
>Investor relations. Listed on NASDAQ since 1991 and a member of the S&P 500, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (IDXX) is the global leader in veterinary diagnostics, software, and water microbiology testing. Investor information ...
we created the information age

bad posts

We need to make new pro american memes desu

does any of your guys' family's get together on weekends for meals or anything? i hardly see my family and wish we could do something together weekly, like a meal at least

meant what the logo on the map was
enterprise and i think some fuel company

I live with my father and we eat every dinner at home together and go out every weekend. Feels good desu

Ahh in Missouri it's Express Scripts
Big pharma company
The florida one is NextEra Energy
Electricity i think

First of all,
>WE
kys
Secondly,
>we created the information age
Yes. And it will cause us to crumble.

YES WE . DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT

YOU didn't do shit, loser.

I can't imagine being proud to be an american.

Cringe. Alot of people from much shittier countries are proud about it so why not us.

Americans are repulsive and America has no culture.

The same could be said about Canada and Australia, but at least they're aware of how pathetic their countries are.

Is it true that most americans go out to eat rather than cooking?
Also why do you guys buy bottled water? is it not safe to drink tap water?

You don't know what culture means. Pls fuck off already. Read the op pls.

suck my dick, yank

No, most people do eat at home but relatively we de eat alot out of home
Tap water is drinkable in almost all of America. Bottles water is just considered better.
Cringe

Gee, I wonder which foreign government could be behind this post
>2 rubles have been deposited in your account

>Cringe
cringe

He is some autist from Oregon i think
Cringe

>Sup Forums has become an anti American circle jerk
You just an easy target to make fun about, that's all.

This. Maybe in the 50s it would be understandable but not now.

americans....

just

We are still doing relatively well tho. We need to fix our reputation tho. Too much shilling against us

I lovehate the USA. It's basically just two sides of the same coin. American posters are undeniably good to have discussion with, despite any differences.

Oh I awlays thought America drank only bottled water

>anti american
youre just really easy to make fun of

businessinsider.com/americans-are-drinking-more-tap-water-2015-4

Why do you immediately suspect that the problem with your reputation is external?

It's both but I think we are too exposed to foreign media and in a negative light. British media for example covers random shit that happens in some bumfuck town in the midwest.

I want to move there but nobody responds to my resume on linkedin. I'm a CS guy with a bit of experience, what gives?

Is it cause I'm not a pajeet?

>linkedin
That's not how you find a job. Use better platforms and write a proper cv.

linkedin is alright but you'd probably have better luck using something like indeed

Love American rural culture. Anyone here from a rural area? What's it like?

I meant indeed, I just mistyped.

Are there any particular areas I should be targeting? Is nobody hiring canadians because of NAFTA?

I live in Philadelphia but my family still owns our old farm up in rural Berks. Can't speak about rural culture in most of the country though

I worked as a civil engineer in a rural area in Mississippi for 2 years. It's cheap, it's comfy, It's safe but people are just too dumb and ignorant.
It mabe because the companies have to sponsor you and they want to avoid that.

I live in Philadelphia but my family still owns our old castle up in rural Bucks. Can't speak about rural culture in most of the country though

explain the joke to me, I don't own a castle

Yeah it's kind of lame. Salaries and living here aren't that great these days, and I want to get out of the big city.

America has so many comfy jobs outside massive cities.

I'm from Iowa which is 100% farms. It's pretty neat, but there's no nature or wilderness.

Is Philly as bad as people make it out to be? Outsider comments seem to be largely negative, but on the other hand I've heard that it's one of the new secret hipster tips on the upswing.

Try a Canadian recruitment agency.

You don't, I do.

it's gross stay away

it's a bit hard to explain exactly, Philadelphia isn't that bad overall though. Most of the blacks are up in the north and west

As for it being on the upswing, it definitely has picked up a lot in the last twenty or so years, expansion is pushing north and west but I think it's kind of peaked and that we may be in a small real estate bubble that will burst in a couple of years and who knows what will be the effect of that.

All in all I like the city quite a bit and enjoy living here

Is Los Angeles a good place to live and work in? I mean, warm weather year-round, sea access, rich and famous people live there, high concentration of entertainment etc.
Anybody from LA area? Is it any good? Any latinos or black neighbourhoods to be aware of?

God tier weather, foood, entertainment, jobs but its too fucking expensive.

absolutely hate kikes.
clack, kill yourself you slimy worm.
fuck off to wherever you came from.
every thread you go into lowers in quality.
you're the worst kind of troll. you shit where you eat and you're powerless to leave.

you'd be better off dead t b h

Americans are stupid morons

Sames

americans....

true

leave clack ALONE. you attack him and I am honor-bound to defend him

just how much does inequality affect the average joe?
america is close to russias inequality levels

the average joe works 2-3 jobs just to survive and thinks this is an example of his honest work ethic instead of him being fucked over by the companies that employ him and the culture that says living in these conditions is somehow respectable

Why can't we just join the states already. I want us to get flooded with conservatives to fix our fucked up politics.

fuck, i hope it gets better
i dont think you realise what youre asking for
unless chinadian politics are the same as american ones

What? I want more republicans in Canada.

I have never heard of anyone outside the states actually wanting American conservatism

why not have your own conservatives?
its not like the us is uniform

>"American" Archtitecture
>actually Finnish

its not that bad. There are alot of high paying blue collar jobs
Exaggeration

Our politics are outvoted by the shithole of Toronto. So nothing gets done and the entire world thinks we all think like Trudeau.

>there are people on this planet right now who want social catholicism and economic corporatism

>God tier weather

Isn't it hot as fuck most of the year?

What is wrong with American conservatism?

The daily mean temperate in LA varies between 14.4 C and 23.5 C

so, would the southern us be a good place to move to?
im in love with the southern accent
ye sure thing mate and a romanian helped design the eiffel tower

Yes and no. Los Angeles summer days aren't all that much warmer than our sunny summer days, maybe by a few degrees, but they're much more consistently sunny, whereas central Europe is a complete diceroll on whether you'll be getting a sunny 30°C summer or a rainy 18°C summer.

But France and Romania are basically the same thing, language etc.

Above 20C can start to be annoying hot depending on humidity.

But I just checked and it seems that it is not as high as I expected it to be, despite being so south. It is still never breaching 30C, which is when it really becomes unbearable.

what's your education level?

Do any schools in the US offer paid masters programs like in Canada, or just PhD?

the south west has the best mild weather in the whole world, trust me on that. It's not very hot, It's not that humid. It never gets cold and there is enough rain.

im about to finish high school
will prob go to university here or somewhere in europe since the us is too expensive

lol ofc canadian higher education is almost like ours m8

So many misconceptions. I always thought New England was the temperate region in the US and I thought Cali was basically a desert.

Ah, I'll look into it then. I want to get a masters but don't have much money. Leaving this frozen wasteland would be ideal.

Masters makes it easier to immigrate right?

Who the hell is shilling Philly
where are you seeing this

Be careful from the type of visa. Some visas don't allow you to work. Also don't make the mistake I made and apply for any suitable scholarship. They do give money

temperate? New England gets slammed by Nor'Easters every year

I haven't got my browsing history memorized.

But southern copper is mexican, why is it in Arizona?

chicanos and mexicans fucking suck

new England and even the tri-state area are very cold and have hot summers

It has operations in Arizona

Sell me on arizona
Why do so many people live there and how do you they deal with living in the desert

people live there because the state is expanding and is cheap. People deal with the heat by simply staying inside. I honestly don't like that state

>Why do so many people live there
It's become the Florida of the west. Little regulationism, low taxes, warm, great retirement conditions for the high rate birth years that are in that age currently. Also rapidly growing Hispanic population as everywhere in the southwest.

>how do you they deal with living in the desert
Cheap power and driving heavily air conditioned cars from your heavily air conditioned house to the heavily air conditioned mall. Is it sustainable an a suitable environment for intense human population? Not in the least. Don't wanna know about the groundwater levels below Phoenix.

Considering I stay inside in a warmed house and drive a warmed car into warmed work/supermarket daily it doesn't honestly sound that crazy to me.

Is there any other relevant city in arizona except phoenix? Do you feel isolated living in a big city in the middle of the desert with thousands of kilometers of nothing but cacti between you and the rest of the world? How crazy are people on average?

I live in AZ. Flagstaff would be the other semi-relevant city.

>Do you feel isolated living in a big city in the middle of the desert with thousands of kilometers of nothing but cacti between you and the rest of the world?
No? There is cities, suburban sprawls all over arizona, towns, etc.

>How crazy are people on average?
Not crazy at all.

>Do you feel isolated living in a big city in the middle of the desert with thousands of kilometers of nothing but cacti between you and the rest of the world?
Maybe a better question for people in Wyoming or Montana