Be me

>be me
>Went to Carrabba's last night (Italian restaurant)
>Google asking me if I went to Carrabba's

What. The. Fuck

This happens to me all the time

>Go to victorias secret with the gf
>Suddenly victorias secret ads pop up in the computer when I use it next
>Go to sport chek to get new shoes
>Sport chek ads on computer the next day
>Go to local restaurant for lunch
>Local restaurant ad on facebook feed the next day

Thing is I didn't even have my location on

They can tell by the wi-fi hotspots you're near whereabouts where you are

You could've also googled victoria secrets

>he doesn't have cyanogenmod
>he doesn't have only bare minimum google functionality installed and blocking off what is installed with privacy guard
>he doesn't block ads on his phones
>he doesn't turn off GPS when it's not needed

It's your own fault

So they know where I am all the time without my location on?

Pretty much, you can turn your wi-fi off though, but even then you can tell where someone generally is by cell tower distance

See:

Happened to me with Outback.

google opinions does that when you install it sooo yeah

There is a specific setting for location in your phone that you can disable and it'll stop finding you.

Impressive. Google-sempai known its job desu

It does that.
It knows where you went.
It knows where you parked.
It know what roads you take.
It reads your emails to remind you about upcoming events and bill.
They literally know everything.

>At work putting together functional diagrams for technical requirement
>Take picture for my own memory and official design artifacts
>As soon as I hop in my car receive notification "Would you like to add this image to this location!?"
>Shit pants for a moment while I think Google just violated my NDA and destroyed my life.

Check your friend suggestions on facebook after a night out... you'll recognise a ton of faces from the bar/party you were at the night before. THEY KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WHO YOU'RE WITH AT ALL TIMES

* GPS (obviously)
* Cellphone triangulation (your phone always connects to a tower, in denser areas it's easy to see which route you are taking, in cities it becomes possible to triangulate you to within ten metres or so)
* Bluetooth/WiFi broadcasting and interception: your phone can 'hear' the nearby accesspoints shouting out their names = match with a list of known wifi hotspots (confirmed that Google does this, they even offer it as a way to add more precision to your location finder).
* (this part is unproven) Pedometer (kek): the internal gyroscope can tell when it's going 'up and down' (bouncing) = movement due to legs going up and down = count number of steps taken, match with profile (known height, or matching earlier GPS-tracked data) = able to track.

If I had told anyone 25 years ago that in the future everybody would (voluntarily) be walking around with a device that allowed the government to monitor their every movement, communication, interest/thought, and has a built-in camera and voice recorder, I would have been laughed even out of the National Convention of Tinfoil-Hat Wearers.

Even if you turn off gps it still does it. It's part of google maps. Welcome to the police state

>Eating at chain restaurants

Google maps...

I have a more scary one

>see small water damage on my ceiling
>take a picture with my sony z1c (latest android) of it, to see if it changes
>few days later get facebook ad of craftsmans in my city with a very very similar picture that I took

The have audio playing in their stores that the cell phones can tell what it is

I have gmail on my cellphone, which tracks gps.
It's weird, you can see where you were and at what time. Google knows if you rode your bike or took a bus depending on route taken and average speed.

It knows how long you were travelling and how long you were at your destination.

Sure, you can turn this feature off but there's no doubt in my mind it's still tracking it and keeping data, you just don't see it for yourself

>This is any Orwellian nightmare, better continue to use my smartphone.
You are the normies nao.

I love carrabbas

>be me
>drive pontiac g6
>brake rotors shot
>discuss it with wife
>get advertising email
>"new rotors for your g6 only 149.99!"

That one really got to me

>he carries a phone with him