You wake up in Tenochtitlan

>you wake up in Tenochtitlan

What do you do Sup Forums? Go to the market? The temple? The port? The brothel?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Guerrero
mexicolore.co.uk/aztecs/kids/aztec-foods
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go to the mosque

I fill it in with dirt
>

This way

You arrive at what you think is a mosque. After somehow communicating with the locals you find out you're basically an idiot who doesn't know anything. Because you're a cuck who submits only to violence like all muslims, you instantly convert to the local mexican religion after you see a girl get split in two on the temple hill.

bump

any more serious takers

Brothel?

do you not know what a brothel is or are you questioning if there were any brothels in Tenochtitlan?

It was a semi-religious thing

what about the zoo

Tell me about these people. What are their feats?

You make your way to the zoo. Apart from the amazing architecture, it's not too different from a normal zoo.

You see a small ocelot and a jaguar. Pretty cute.

Someone walks up to you and babbles something incoherent, but you think he might be asking you to go to their place for supper.

What do you do?

They had extremely advanced agriculture. Current world populations would not be sustainable without the agricultural products developed by the meso-americans such as potatoes and corn.

They had advanced law and were extremely advanced in astrophysics, I believe they were the first to understand that the "galactic year" was 26 000 years (length it takes for the galactic spiral to complete a rotation)

PS: the first who replies to this will be who I go with for the RPG story.

Monumental architecture, astronomy, a written language, mathematics, aqueducts, post systems, sanitation, intensive agriculture, poetry, textiles, universal education, roads, herbolary, commerce, diplomacy, etc. They were well advanced bronze age peoples with some features of iron age civilizations.

>no hablo spic
i'll follow tho
what could go wrong anyway

>you see a girl get split in two on the temple hill
Hot

Potatoes are Peruvian tho, Mesoamericans did develop a very advanced agricultural system called milpa and the Aztecs used chinampa which allowed for some impressive yields, Xochimilco alone was still feeding Mexico City in the early 20th century.

idk, I also realize I was wrong about the galactic year thing, but I know they were really really advanced.. they might've known about the galactic year... but its 230 million years not 26 000 years.. eh...

the local man beckons you to follow him to a boat. You hop on and a lady is on the boat with him. They have dark skin and black hair, and are clearly very well kept. They smell nice and have brilliant clothes with geometric patterns

As you go down the river you notice more impoverished looking locals harvesting root plants on barges in the river. They seem content though, happily occupying themselves with their work and chatting among themselves.

The man doesn't have much to say.. especially since you cannot speak directly to them. It's misting outside and you notice that all of the buildings are pouring water into agricultural plots through an irrigation system trickling down from the roofs.

cont

>you make up in tenochtitlan
Be a slave to the nobility and clergy, join the spaniards in conquering them, get a title and freedom, get rich.

tell those dumbasses to build on land instead on water

You enter the home and they show you around, there are some servants helping prepare something

It's some kind of veggie dish with something like nachos on the side. It's pretty good.

You see a young woman peer around the corner and look at you, she's stunning. The man doesn't really let you near her and after eating you feel a little awkward and don't know what to do.

You go to leave and on the way out the girl comes out after you. She puts something in your hand, its a beaded necklace. She isn't really smiling or anything and you can't understand what she's saying... but her eyes convey happiness

What do?

The greatest history.

can you ameriturds just shut the fuck up and enjoy the thread for what it is?

First one to reply will get the story going. will not respond to ridiculous replies

also there are no spaniards here. Just the "player"

Tlaxcala you are my greatest ally.

Are there ruins of all this somewhere?

yes literally all over mexico and south america too. Many have not been excavated.

if no one will seriously reply to this so I can continue the story I will go to bed.

Sup Forums doesn't like OC?

Find the nearest farm, start stealing food, and coughing on any food headed into the city and wait for my bodies diseases to kill 99% of the population

After two years of hiding in a farm and working out, I can enslave the remaining walking skeletons, to rule over them as the blond haired blue eyed god-king

The I wait for the Spanish to come, so I can hopefully mumble some Spanglish through to them for a free trip to Europe

Also "invent" calculus, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and solve some classic differential equations, proving to the Spanish that I am a god-king, or at least securing my place as a legendary inventor

Or I sneeze in the wrong direction and get skinned alive by the nearest person because I don't speak anything close to ancient Aztec, and they think I'm a ghost

Either way I'll probably have diarrhea for the rest of my life stuck there

These pics are incredible, what a shame these people were lost. I assume the paint is faded or worn off based on photos I’ve seen of Mayan ruins?

Find out more about brown gf.

kys child

Most ancient structures of all cultures (although these were built in the medieval era technically) that are stony were painted brilliant bright colours not dissimilar to the ones in these pics, including roman ones. Even medieval castles may have been painted bright colours as well.

Remember that these were the first cities many of these people would have known about in their history. These were sci-fi and futuristic at the time and meant to convey the simple message "These cities will be the future of our people and our way of life" as cities when they were new were to the ancients as to what a Mars Colony would be to us.

I go to the brothel.

Mesoamericans used two calendars, an accurate calendar for Venus (?!) and a 365 days one for earthen purposes. those calendars measure two larger cycles, short count (52 years) and long count (eras) which tied to their philosophical and theologic views, these included some use of the golden proportion (an otherwise quintesentially Western concept) and a concept of Nahua similar to that of Western logos. There's a lot of very interesting legit mind blowing stuff in there.

And this is how we ended up with delusional tameme LARPing as pipiltin.

Pictured are the ruins of the pyramid in and has been excavated amongst the foundations of Mexico's National Palace, the current symbolic seat of power for the executive but once the palace of Cortés and before that the palace of Moctezuma.

>kys child

you first plebeian

you thank her as best you can and kind of fumble there. Your body language shows that you want to leave and she picks on this.

To your surprise she very firmly grabs your wrist and leads you back into the compound. The man looks at you sternly but also seems to respect the choice of her presumed daughter.

She shows you various brilliant artworks. for over an hour, she has mannerism and laughs in a way that you've never seen a person do, probably because she's from a civilization that is so isolated. For the most part you are still able to read her abstract body language, and you glimpse the human nature that is common to all of us.

The energy starts dying down a bit and you again start to feel awkward since you can't even speak to her and also feel naturally threatened in a totally alien society that you have no idea what your place is.

She picks on your mood and puts her hand on your lap and looks at you intently. She then leans a bit closer and rests it around your rib. You get a bit tickled and she does her laugh again.

She stands up and beckons for you to follow her. You leave the compound together and her family does something that seems to almost resemble rolling their eyes but they let you go. So far so good, right?

All the paintings here are Aztec, pictured is Mayan. The analogy generally used for the Mesoamerican world is Mayans were sort of the Greeks, the great advanced thinkers, whose civilization had collapsed centuries before European arrival, tho some of their city states remained, particularly in Guatemala. Aztecs are compared to the Romans, the great Empire builders, they were at their peak when the Spaniards arrived and their former Empire is the basis of modern Mexico.

>the great Empire builders
that was the Incans

aztecs just had a bunch of vassals (who were eager to overthrow them as soon as the spanish arrived)

I follow her, where is she taking me?

She begins leading you around the city. You go to the market and pick out some sweet potatoes. Nobody seems to notice your an outsider for now despite your appearance, almost like some strange spell set on by some omnipotent OP.

To your surprise she seems to pay someone to take you on a boat and leads you far out of the city.

The city extends outside onto the surrounding beaches, but it's not as opulent. The commoners seem to live here. She wastes no time stopping around this part and brings you what looks like some kind of religious complex. She seems to know the leader of this complex and sets you up in a small home with his seeming consent.

It's already late at night and she shacks up with you. As you doze off you feel her getting frisky and you have some of the best sex you've ever had.

To your dismay, she's already gone by the time you wake up. You again feel very strange and alone until the complex leader rushes you out and wastes no time putting you to work painting parts of the temple that look a little blemished. You kind of befriend him and after a few hours your relieved that your cutie has come back with lunch.

Things continue on like this for a few weeks but eventually you notice your cutie has stopped coming.

sorry I'm going to start putting >continued or clearly say when there is a choice to be made going forward at the end of the replies.

I'm continuing the story right now, 1 sec

after what feels like two full days of her not coming back to the complex, you are already quite anxious. Is this just her way of saying she's not interested? Was she even interested at all or was she just getting you set up and sex means nothing to her?

The temple complex leader doesn't seem fussed in the least. Unlike your cutie, he's also not providing you any sort of sustenance, but for some reason he's giving you cocoa beans.

You don't clue in until you see a man exchange cocoa beans for a fish that this is a form of currency (luckily one that's not too volatile or based on fabricated internet tokens).

You decide to buck up and head to the city for food, and to find that girl that seemed so interested in you at least at the star.

Sacrifice some men from the neighbouring tribes by ripping out their hearts and tossing them down the temple steps.

after what feels like two full days of her not coming back to the complex, you are already quite anxious. Is this just her way of saying she's not interested? Was she even interested at all or was she just getting you set up and sex means nothing to her?

The temple complex leader doesn't seem fussed in the least. Unlike your cutie, he's also not providing you any sort of sustenance, but for some reason he's giving you cocoa beans.

You don't clue in until you see a man exchange cocoa beans for a fish that this is a form of currency (luckily one that's not too volatile or based on fabricated internet tokens).

You decide to buck up and head to the city for food, and to find that girl that seemed so interested in you at least at the start.

CHOICE:
What do you do first? Go buy some food or go right to your cutie's place? Anyone monitoring this thread?

I was very specifically talking Mesoamerica, Incas were unironically a different world like trying to compare Persians and Japanese. And the Inca Empire never had the population density of the Aztec Empire, much less larger Mesoamerican civilization, it developed along very different lines more akin to Tibetan buddhism, both were mountain civilizations with very similar characteristics.

Also you're just parroting a black legend about Aztecs, ALL Mesoamerican peoples (The Maya, the Huastec, The Tarascan, the Zapotec, etc.) were as advanced and performed human sacrifice. Aztec civilization was made up of ethnic Nahuas who followed the same religion and in the same traditions, the Tlaxcaltecs who fought under Cortés against the Aztecs would themselves acquire Aztec prisoners for sacrifice during the flower wars, they spoke the same language and were the same blood, they were Aztecs in the larger sense, that is Nahuas, this is like claiming only Athenians were Greeks and Spartans belonged to a different culture.

Aztecs, specifically Mexicah, were simply the dominant city state which built an empire allied with two others, Tlacopan and Texcoco, and ruled over both city states and kingdoms, the textbook definition of empire.

Incas didn't have books (the Aztecs had paper) they never developed writing even if arguably they could record some basic information in their Quipu (a system of knotted strings similar to abacus) like I said you can't easily compare them.

*coughs*

Go get food.

What's the local flavor?

Ah thanks, I see. I had them the other way around. Incredible stuff.

You take the bridge to get into the city, starving for some food. You grow weary as you notice guards with sticks that have obsidian on them (and dressed in brilliant plumage) inspecting everyone going through. Won't they notice you're not from here?

As you approach the gate the guards barely seem to pay any attention to you. You think one of the guards is looking at you as you cross the gate into the city, but he actually just seems to be staring right through you as you keep moving and his gaze is fixed on the distant villages across the bay. You think it's strange he doesn't check you but then again everything has been.. you don't even remember how you got to this strange city.

You make your way to the market district.

>cont.

Whoa I had know Idea this shit was real, I thought these things were just made up settings from Indiana Jones

Most of the market place is just raw ingredients, but you see an array of street vendors selling some ready-to-eat food as well from various shacks

There's quite a big lineup and one, and you figure whatever it is, it must be good.

You exchange what seems to be a good amount of cocoa beans and you get a huge bowl of what looks like steamy leaf pouches with a jug of water. They're soft and hot to the touch and you dig in.

It tastes like a mix of beans, corn and some kind of fatty chicken-like meat with seasoning. It's delicious!

You waste no time however proceeding to find your cutie.

>cont

You're welcome, I get it can be confusing in the same way as China or India, the picture you posted is not Aztec (tho style is very similar) but Teotihuacan, they were a previous civilization which inhabited the same lands as the Aztecs. Mesomaerican history includes quite a few lost civilizations like the Olmec or the Toltec. Olmecs were sort of the mother culture to all, the Mesoamerican eqivalent of Egyptians/Summerians if you will. The Toltecs built giant statues and used a lot of water based Greek looking motiffs in their art so they've long been associated with Atlantis by /x types. Teotihuacans left the ruins of a very impressive city in central Mexico which the Aztecs believed the god Quetzalcoatl had lived in on legendary times and had been doomed due to his transgressions against nature. In some tellings of the myth this is a sin such as incest, in others he went against the will of the other Gods to help man like Prometheus.

>the picture you posted is not Aztec but Teotihuacan
Shieet I was worried I’d do that. My mistake.

>The Toltecs built giant statues and used a lot of water based Greek looking motiffs in their art so they've long been associated with Atlantis
Oh that’s awesome.

I know next to nothing about all this because we aren’t taught about it in school here.

Keep going user this is great.

You make it back to the girls place, and you even have some of the leaf pouches and water for her as well. Maybe she'll be impressed with you, right?

As you get off the canal boat you enter the housing complex. Something's not quite right.

You hear some really loud violent coughing. You don't know where it's coming from, but you see the man from the zoo looking angrily at you. He's also accompanied by 3 guards like the ones from the bridge. You get a pit at the bottom of your stomach as he yanks your shoulder and guides you somewhere, causing you to drop all the food you brought. No one pays any attention to it as your dragged into one of the buildings

Your cutie is on a bed coughing violently. She looks at you and giggles for a second, brought to a gleeful calm for an instant... before violently coughing again. She's pale, sweaty and has sores all over her skin.

The men start shouting at you and you're extremely confused. Eventually the man who you think may be her father and says something that seems to be "that's enough" and they pick up your cutie and bring her out of the complex. They ignore you as they all do this, apparently sparing you any real retribution.

CHOICE
Your fight or flight instinct is kicking in. Do you follow them and you cutie or make a break for it?

>Also you're just parroting a black legend about Aztecs, ALL Mesoamerican peoples (The Maya, the Huastec, The Tarascan, the Zapotec, etc.) were as advanced and performed human sacrifice.
no, I knew they were all similarly advanced
just was taught they wernt nearly as centralized as the incans, it would be like comparing soviet satalite states durring the cold war to the various states of the usa; or feudal "france" to modern day france

>I was very specifically talking Mesoamerica
ok makes sense

genuinely informative post tho, thanks

If there is some kind of weapon nearby I grab it, and follow them at a safe distance.

Well I imagine it wold be difficult for your schools to go into any great detail concerning Mexican history, I imagine much like us you have to deal with both European history and your own nation's so relatively exotic locations only get a quick overview. Pictured is Toltec

Have i been cumming inside of her this whole time?

You're in luck.

One of the guards put down his obsidian axe-like weapon when he put your cutie on his shoulders. You wait for them to advance about 50 metres before you down the road and then you grab it. You test it's sharpness, and become surprised at when it cuts through the tip of your finger like as if it was warm butter. It's unbelievably sharp.

You follow for some time. Locals begin to follow the guards as well. At some point, the leader from the temple complex walks down the opposite side of the road and meets with the group as you stare from a far distance.

They seem to converse for a while, then walk together and make a 90 degree turn to the right. You lose sight of them and frantically run after them so you don't lose your cutie.

>cont

yes, you were having fairly hot and heavy sex and kissing while she was still physically able to visit you previously...

Np man, the Conquistadores did get to later write most of the story and they were eager to justify their treatment of the Aztec so painting them as tyrants oppressing helpless inocents helped their cause, reality is that while they were certainly no saints they weren't monsters either, what they did was common in their world/civilization. There's a great book on the Aztec point of view of the conquest called the broken spears which is a sort of compilation made from Aztec sources, these people could write already and they adopted Spanish relatively fast.

Pictured is Olmec, the most ancient of Mexican civilizations

This is another lost civilization you don't often hear about, they built rounded pyramids (pictured stands today and is inside Mexico City limits) and were destroyed by a volcano.

As you turn to find them, you're stunned at what you see.

A massive temple complex lies in front of you, and a crowd is rapidly swelling. It must be thousands and more are coming. You struggle to find the group but you notice how many people are sniffling and sneezing.

You almost give up all hope until you hear a booming voice coming from the top of the temple complex.

It's the guy who paid you to paint the temples earlier but he's speaking loudly in a theatrical manner. You don't see your cutie until you see her being dragged up the stairs, screaming like she's gone completely mad. You're completely bewildered and cant push your way through the crowd fast enough.

By the time she's at the top, almost through the crowd. Her shirt is ripped of and she's being placed on stone.

You vomit at what happens next. The temple complex leader cuts her chest open with a knife and rips out her heart, still beating and spraying blood.

While people are quite fixated, no one seems to be quite fussed except when you push them aside.
CHOICE:
what the fuck do you do? Run up the stairs? Start hacking and slashing right there?

looks spooky

I try to get out of the city while they are looking at the sacrifice.

>Np man, the Conquistadores did get to later write most of the story and they were eager to justify their treatment of the Aztec so painting them as tyrants oppressing helpless inocents helped their cause, reality is that while they were certainly no saints they weren't monsters either, what they did was common in their world/civilization

right, I made the locals seem happy for this reason. You can't build a city on absolute oppression. Human nature doesn't work like that.

:(

"Fuck this place"

You make your way out of the plaza and try to retreat to somewhere. Anywhere. Anywhere but here..

Just as your leaving the plaza, a soldier dressed like a leopard stands in your way and gazes at you curiously. He points to your weapon and shouts at angrily, you attempt to speak to him, but it's not use.

He starts briskly walking toward you with a scowl.

You figure he might be angry that you have a weapon and judging by his size, he seems like a tough motherfucker and you drop your axe in compliance.

His pace does not slow. He hits your head with blunt side of his weapon. You feel the skin on your scalp split and you pass out.

cont.

bad news for that pic...

There's also a great book that has been compiled of the collected Aztec accounts of the conquest.

pic related

They certainly had their virtues, they valued modesty and frugality above all and they were very restrained and civic, we have their writings on these subjects which tbqh we should reclaim through re-adoption of those customs. There's precedent for that, amaranth was lost to us for centuries because the Spaniards prohibited its consumption, it was mixed with human blood and honey to create the statue of Huitzilopochtli in the main Aztec temple and once a year the statue was broken up and all ate from it in a sort of communion. Recent archeology seems to indicate it may have been as important as maize in the Aztec diet. Now, amaranth was recovered from wild varieties in the 1960's and prepared the Aztec way (minus the blood) its become so popular since most Mexicans take it for granted. It's known as alegria (happiness) when mixed with honey and consumed as a candy.

Aztecs were also OCD clean, each house had a sauna (temazcal) which was connected to the fire they used for cooking. Bathing daily was considered mandatory and a matter of morality, Tenochtitlán had a thousand street sweepers working daily to keep it clean and they used toilets with septic systems at a time Europeans were emptying their potties in the streets. You're doing an enjoyable thread man.

The last time we lost a town to a volcano was 1943, it's the youngest one in the world.

You awaken in a daze.

You're on a bed what seems to be some kind of palace complex.

You must have been out for a while, because the wound on your head is somewhat healed. You have some kind of read tube in your arm and you pull it out. blood comes pouring out of it.. did they give you a blood transfusion? What if you don't even have the same type of blood?

A wave of grief and disgust passes over you as you remember the events that happened. How could something like that have happened? Was that guy even her father..?

You make your way out only to be stopped by another emaciated guard. He's coughing and covered with sores but that doesn't stop him from keeping you still.

That changes when a bunch of healthy looking warriors (who look like their from a more primitive group) barge into the palace complex and shoot arrows at him. A huge fight breaks out with what remains of the guards

You make a break for it and you notice the primitive warriors killing everyone in the complex.

You make a break for it.

Here is the brown.pride shit muh colonialism.

I know what you will say next

>Spaniards were evil conquering a peaceful egalitarian.civilization, Spaniards destroyed our civilization and robbed our wealtГ, devueve el oro gallego!

You realize you are just following a pre crafted script and narrative?

Spaniards made Aztec home not a place of exploitation, they married and created a new society that was better in every single way to the aztec one, universities, sewers, buildings, writing, metal, ships, printing press, horses, guns, cannons, irrigation, ended slavery etc..

There isn't a single Ibero American city worse off than anything in pre iberian settlement.

Many Spaniards don't even care about Ibero America either way.

yeah I want to clarify I don't really know much about the aztecs beyond what I'm currently googling as I write this. I just want people to be more curious about lost civilizations and be able to see history from a different perspective hopefully.

this experience is also sort of based off of my own experience living in an african country where I didn't know the language and people were very different and isolated from western culture. there was even a guy who invited me to his place and a hot as fuck daughter that he shooed me away from (nothing else ever came of it)

The story is also inspired by the remarkable kindness I experienced there but also the savagery, particularly about how I'm traumatized about how the local pagan africans with AIDS were raping albino kids hoping to be cured.

I also stumbled upon this album that I'm using as a vehicle for my story and all these things combined which I'll link to when I'm done.

just sort of hoping people feel like they're going through what I went through but also educate about perspective and history.

when I read about the conquest I am overcome with such great sadness. every time i read about pre-columbian civilization, i always learn something new and amazing. to think it has all been destroyed is so heartbreaking to me.

and I'm white.
i wonder what it would be like to be gonzalo guerrero
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Guerrero

You got the wrong guy, I don't have anything against Spain, it's in fact a country I very much love, and do realize they're as important a part of our past as the Native Americans. Which isn't to say I condone the actions of the Conquistadores.

Having said that I really wish you'd stop harrassing that poor guy you keep posting.

As you try to get out of the city, it's pure chaos.

Disease has completely swept the city and there are emaciated corpses everywhere with the angry primitive tribes are finishing off the rest of the locals, probably believing this to be divine retribution (and not knowing they will soon follow suit).

It's appalling to think that something so great could fall so fast. You can only hope that the future generations will know of this place and it's beauty. How many strange, terrible, and beautiful empires will suffer the same fate?

The end

Shouldn't have fugged the cuties.

Post hot native girls.

>how the local pagan africans with AIDS were raping albino kids hoping to be cured
Don’t remind me. The Christians also go to witch doctors by the way.

Go find the nearest man in the marketplace and cough all over him

you have a lot of energy and free time

well except htey did destroy the civilzation and rob their wealth.

but you know, you can overlook that.

I'm not some brown pride colonialism bullshit person, but that's exactly what happened.

the new society? god, what are you talking about. all of that stuff could have been brought without the destruction and shit.

though, you are right, they did create a more "mixed" society than you would see USA and Canada indigenes, rather than complete cultural genocide they mixed the cultures, and many of the things still live on today. however to glaze over the destructive historical implications of the conquest is just ignorant, and frankly poor historianism.

It's a nice album man, and you seem to have had an interesting experience, too bad about the qtie.

Race is meaningless bs, memes aside modern Mexicans can look any number of ways and it makes absolutely no difference to anyone who's not an asshole. I'm a strong believer ALL peoples have a wonderful history and culture and that you can put yourself in the place of any other human being. Aztec civilization came to a tragic end but Mexico was born from that as both the vengeance of the Aztec and the redemption of the conquistadores. It's the human condition and our only duty is to make the times we live in better for both ourselves and those who come after.

well i'm loving it OP, keep it up!

They didn't destroy their civilization but modernized the area. They were basically ancient Babylonia tier

That's debatable, but the objective tragedy is that so much knowledge and history was lost.

:( hope you get out of that shithole, I'm sorry my country isn't accepting white south africans because of SJW rhetoric, if you're black that's ok too.

no problemo
source material pastebin. com/ 9fwnXYBh (spaces added)
mexicolore.co.uk/aztecs/kids/aztec-foods

I might do one another time about Rome, which I'm more knowledgeable about.

>destructive
Nothing was destroyed, only things buing built, this is a FACT.

Your lies of Iberians destroying the new world and not developing it is a lie.

Spanish new world had universities before Norway, russia and 99% of the globe.

Ibero America was a civilization which is why it still exists today, it was a new society not worse than the old.

Nuevo Leon in Mexico has a gdp per capita of 35,000 Ibero Americans the new dominant culture and group in the new world built thousands of cities and towns and developed the economy in suchba way that there was nowhere in the world with more wealth.

Thank you man, much appreciated.

Can someone post hot native girls?

i know race is meaningless bs, but to some people it's not. thats one reason why the conquest is such a divisive topic. i'm a school teacher, and race is definitely a thing to some people.

but regardless, the way you put it - the birth of mexico from a vengeance and redemption stand point. I love the way you said that. that is precisely why i am so fascinated by the history. its sad, but also neat. to me cortes is a very great man, and malinche was a fucking goddess, while also ingnoble.

i dono, its all about perspective i guess.

Before many areas in Spain had universities, new world people were being educated in latin, greek, philosophy, mathematics, engineering, smithing, civil engineering, ship building, gun smithing, print builder cannon smithing etc.. for a fraction of pay.

i'm not nearly as interested in roman history as i am by pre-columbian/conquest

Seriously man, quit it with the LARPing, no one (sane) holds a grudge against the Spaniards but you can't justify the conquistadores. Yes, some meant well and most were not monsters but they destroyed much in the way of beauty and knowledge. Where are all the exquisite works the Aztec crafted? Barely anything remains but their memory. And the depths of the pain they gave will echo forever, it was a sin.

Mexico's birth is not a love story, it meant the death of a world none of us will ever see.

>nothing was destroyed

what the fuck are you talking about? destruction of writings and codices, metaphysics, theology, mathematics, philosophy, engineering and science?

destruction of aztec built dikes and dam systems that caused the area to be plagued by floods until well into the 20th century, and now theyre done because the area is dried out by shitty drainage

i mean, i get what you're saying. we can go back and forth cherrypicking and comparing this vs. that civilization, but you're ignoring some very huge pieces of how the historical record says the events went, to the point of taking on an unreasonable and unjustifiable bias. so please, fuck off and read a god damn book.

i'll give you a couple to start with:
this one The Mexico Reader
and La Raza Cosmica by Jose Vasconcelos

The conquistadores destroyed nothing.

I don't even reply to him, he clearly lacks the faculties for logical reasoning.

Nice to see what you have to say about it though. and thanks for all the info

I gotta sleep... good night lads.