Is it true that Brits hate Germany?

Is it true that Brits hate Germany?

Every country that you forced yourselves into hate you

>that you forced yourselves into
?

Entire Europe

but most European countries dont hate us

nah not really

some older generations might hold a bit of a grudge, and we tend to hate your holiday autism, but overall germans and germany are viewed positively (politics aside)

Yes. When we're schoolchildren, it's common custom to go into the assembly hall and have a good "Zwei-Minuten-Hass" against the great enemy. We are taught to loathe and despise the Hun with every fibre of our being as soon as we can walk.

I am glad to hear that
Reading your yellow press, one gets the impression that there are certain anti-German sentiments in UK

There's resentment over the World Wars, but nothing like the rivalry we have with France.

Still, I wouldn't say there's much in the way of positive feeling towards Germany here.

The main thing with Germans atm in the press is that apparently Germans want to 'punish' the UK for Brexit, which we obviously dislike

Brits hate everyone

for good reason

Totally untrue. However we do think we're better than everyone

what about the time before brexit?

And then you say the French are arrogant... Pretty ironic

Just because we are arrogant doesn't mean you can't be too dumdum

I don't think there was much animosity apart from memes and banter, definitely not that I see. Do you have examples if what you think we dislike you for?

There's a difference between being better than everyone and knowing it and not being better than everyone but thinking you are.

I think the brexit campaign had the implicite message that germany is the evil overlord who rules eu

I'm not Parisian, ennemy-brother

It's hard not to when you ushered in the modern world and are entity unique in Europe as our language and culture lives on as the world standard.

Yes, and the Brexit will prove it in a near futur

>our language and culture
*American

No-one actually cares, it's the same with the French. The whole "le british-french/german rivalry" is just a meme that sad cunts on this board roleplay about for some reason. There may be the occasional joke about it at a football match or something but it's never anything deeper than that.

it was a world language before we became a superpower

Well I voted to stay, but I think English people are extremely proud and being ordeed around by another country didnt sit well with people. It's only because the Germans 'lead' the EU that malice was turned towards them, I don't think it was anything about Germans as a people

American culture is Anglo culture.You know this to be true.

Give back bikes!

This is a thread about German-British relations, don't steal it you arrogant frog REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>it was a world language before we became a superpower

hurr... Actually nope. But bravo for being the greatest Yuropean colony of all time.

Oh I see, I am glad that there are no deeper negatives sentimets towards Germany

Bantering UK is the unique sense of my life, please don't get this rid of me

Of course, Germany has more love for Britain than the other way around. After all, we Germans tend to be more compassionate than the average Brit.

My point still stands but just ignore the dumb Americunt. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

English wasn't the lingua franca before the 1920s?

Nah apart from memes there is nothing. I don't think English people get on well with Germans personally but that's not an insult, we're just very different. There are lots of things we really like about you so it's ok, the whole Christmas thing and (occasional) heavy drinking and stodgy food makes us happy, but your dryness, lack of humour and autismal ordnung makes us feel weird. But you're pretty much like the rest of eastern Europe in that regard I suppose

>lack of humour

This is the biggest meme ever. Our sense of humour is just different from yours.

I find the apathy towards eachother is pretty much equal. The average brit doesn't know much about Germany, doesn't hear much about Germany and certainly doesn't care much about Germany until football is brought up (brainlets may then sperg out) and I find the Germans have very much the same attitude towards us brits.

Before moving here, Germany was so low on my radar compared to other European countries that you didn't come to mind often at all. This isn't supposed to be an insult, by the way, just that I'd say most brits would probably be more positive towards you than negative. It all depends on what kind of media they are consuming.

There is, however, a wide hatred of Merkel.

t. brit

>English wasn't the lingua franca before the 1920s
You were the first superpower since 1815

>Just different humour

Are you sure though? Because I have never seen a good example of Germany comedy in my life except for a shitty German stand up who's only jokes are about him being German.

If you guys are funny then you don't do a very good job at exporting it.

He is wrong
There are a lot of things Germans are good at, but humor is not one of them

A tragic time

It truly honestly isn't a meme, I've been to Germany twice and I don't think I've ever heard anyone laugh on public transport. I'm not saying that you don't understand jokes, I'm just saying that you never make them and you never laugh, it's a big culture shock coming from here where being funny is a very important virtue

>If you guys are funny then you don't do a very good job at exporting it.

Germany sucks at exporting entertainment in general. Also, German stand-up comedy is horrible (as is most of stand-up comedy in general, btw).

They aren't as humourless as the meme suggests, lad.

>I'm just saying that you never make them and you never laugh

This is wrong though. My boys and I, and even my gf, crack jokes all of time. That's basically the only thing we do these days when we hang out. Drinking and laughing. Unfortunately, we don't get to hang out much anymore...

That's because Germans in public are some of the rudest people you'll ever come across. They are such utter arseholes to each other that there is simply no room for laughter.

Honestly the meme of the French being arrogant and difficult with each other should be swapped for Germans.

I don't actually think Germans are humourless, but I do at least think their sense of humour is pretty shit and they have never contributed anything to the wider world of comedy.

Why would you like a country that tried to destroy you, twice, in the past 104 years?
Even Americans didn't forgive Britain until the late 1890s to early 1900s, especially since Britain vaguely supported the loser of our Civil War.

in a group on a night out, Germans are actually great fun but their comedy shows and tv stuff is abysmal. That's not their fault, though, everything has just become very americanised (obvious, loud and cheap)

No mate. The language alone, pop bands, the British royals and countless of other things make the average German much more likely to become interested in Briatian than the other way around. Then there are also plenty of Germans really into everything Scottish, and books by contempary British authors are quite popular. The same goes for British actors and directors etc.

>and we tend to hate your holiday autism
anything less than passing out drunk in the middle of the street drowning in a pool of your own urine is 'holiday autism' to Brits

>twice
?

I'm glad Americans became friendly after all, imagine if the anglo world wasn't as united as it is, it would be terrible

>He doesn't drink while on holiday

I can only speak from anecdotal evidence but I've always found you lads to be far bigger fans of Americans and Scots than, say, the English.

And as for the royal thing, all normies wet their pants over that shit, even the freedom loving yanks have a normie cohort that near blows a load at the sight of our balding cunt prince.

I had to add a few additional years to the nice clean century due to stupid WW1

Drinking at the Grand Canyon I'm pretty sure is illegal, but you're welcome to try it. Just don't drop your blarney stones into the chasm (you might find Apple's taxes)

Germany certanly didn't try to destroy Britain in WW1.

>Germany certanly didn't try to destroy Britain in WW1.

>A Yank barges in to a discussion he doesn't understand

nowt wrong with kissing a bloke if he's wearing a skirt

that's my goal

Britain never supported the Confederacy in any sense. It's nothing but a myth you find nowhere outside American textbooks.

you guys declared war on us, not the other way around

>Yanks on the complicated Northern Ireland situation
>"Get England out of Ireland!"

>He doesn't know that the Germans do the same

Zhose 887,000 deaths within ze britisch armee vere nuzing but ze pesky French!

> the bully is beatin the shit out of your mates but you're at fault when you try to stop him by force

Truly the logic of brainlets

its not your fault, but saying that germany wanted to destroy britain is a bit unfair

>Germans at it again

>Britain never supported the Confederacy in any sense.
You are correct by using the word 'support,' but you wanted to, due to cotton for your looms. However Russia upheld the balance of power and supported the Union. Fucking Imperial Russia, seriously, not even joking.

They sent warships to the east coast in 1863 and prevented the Confederate navy from attacking/blockading New England. The logic is that France and Britain potentially would have supported Polish rebellion specifically during that decade, so Russia wanted, surprise surprise a friendly warmwater port at which they could launch an attack on France/Britain. They basically pragmatically parked their ships in New England.

Russian intervention in our Civil War prevented Polish rebellion (which I guess sucks), and prevented the UK and France from being able to ally with the Confederacy in the first place.

What a world that would've been

Thankfully not

>German China
So you would teach them to make beer like Tsingtao on a grander scope? They'd be like Asian Czechs?

Yeah but Russia wouldn't do anything as France and Britain devastated Russia in the Crimea

this map is straight out of your queen's ass

Er strafe es!

Losing Crimea was their only warmwater port, so the parking theory still holds... holds... water...
Fuck it I'm out, you can have this thread. I'm done.

>britain blaming us for wanting to do what they actually did

Yeah fuck off you wasn't invited anyway

>Le WW1 propaganda isn't 100% truthful

The Queen doesn't have an anus you fool, she's not like you and I

Extra-European colonies sure, but Britain has never touched Europe past Calais. Conquering your European neighbors is more of a French/German thing

>the country LARPrs are at it again

"conquering" europe doesn't mean nazi-style purge. It was more about bringing european countries in German sphere of influence, creating something like EU

Look you have a very American perspective on this, all I will say is that there was less than zero chance of the Britain of 1861 ever 'allying' with a white slaver society. It would not have happened even if the Union had opened hostilities with the UK.

No, not really. The cultures are different, but what really causes the tension is politics more than anything. Germany is seen as very authoritarian, both internally in Germany and externally in Europe. The British are a very proud people, arrogant even. They don't like being lorded over. If you tell a Brit that fire is dangerous and order them to not touch fire, the Brit will set themselves on fire to spite you. Then they will claim that setting themselves on fire was a good decision just so they can say you were wrong.

>Continentals getting mad we didn't sperg out and try to "bring Europe under our sphere of influence".

>ever 'allying' with a white slaver society. It would not have happened even if the Union had opened hostilities with the UK.
You're right that it would have broken down, like your own Vietnam. However money is money, and cloth is money. We ally with the Saudis who drive planes into our buildings just for oil and to wave our dick in Russia and Iran's face, even though many Americans are angry at the arrangement. We're a country founded on anti-monarchic principles who is currently allying closely with one of the last real monarchies on the planet... rich

But what if their beloved Queen told them to set themselves on fire? They would do it, right?

No because they are being told to do it

what are you talking about?
the entire point of this sub-discussion was that Germany didn't want to "destroy" Britain in WW1

The Queen is a figurehead. The British have overthrown and killed multiple kings in the past. At one point England was a republic. But they always invited a new king back, who would be a puppet of parliament.

"The UK is a monarchy that acts like a republic. The US is a republic that acts like a monarchy."

No, we don't like that either. Things like jaywalking laws would never pass here because it's our personal right to walk in roads and noone can tell us otherwise

Nope

see
this is a prime example of german humour (if you understand german, that is)

Just got back from a run, lads
All sweaty and limp

This.

I was genuinely shocked to find out that i could be fined for j walking or crossing whislt the man was red in Germany. I find it ridiculous.

That doesn't happen tough

I thought it was illegal here but it just isn't enforced or something.