Go to grocery store

>go to grocery store
>walk down aisle to get some honey
>see an old couple (70-75 years old) at the honey section
>walk up and grab some honey, as im walking back I can hear them talking about which honey they got
>old lady says to her husband "Oh whatever, I'll just take this brand of honey"
>I start walking past them to get cereal
>old husband says that she should take the Canadian local honey, since in the industry and farmers are in a bit of trouble"
>old lady says that "so what, it's much cheaper and tastes the same, let's just get it"
>look back from the corner of my eye
>husband just shakes his head and sighs
>I continued to walk away and grab what I need

Why don't people support local business anymore?

>Cuck in power
>worrying about honey

Because it is much cheaper and tastes the same, you fucking deaf faggot.

SHART

Why do I care about what you are doing in this story?

if he wasnt such a cuck he would of bought it himself

>Canada
>honey

You chink cucks should be selling icecubes to feed your pet penguins

Because there is no community anymore, I don't fucking know anybody

How would you feel if noone cared about British shitposting anymore and all went for the Australian shitposts?

That is what you get when you give women the right to answer their husbands in the same tone. Your farmers get fucked.

you're mad cause we out of this shithole called EU soon

Has Estonia just become the new greatest shitposting country?

all the farmers here are men also

t. farmer

>woman turn out to be the downfall of the west

local honey is the only thing to buy my mang

support local beekeepers and immunize yourself against seasonal allergens, while enjoying nature's finest sweetener

>Local industries should be supported at everyone else's expense even if they're objectively worse
Protectionist logic is cancer.

IN

why would I care again? We're a neighbouring country, there will be no law or no rule that would change anything for us. And I dont care about EU so its a win win

more like the flu: annoying for the majority, deadly for the weak and decrepit.

they sure got some point for that comment

Diversity , that is why. You have many people more loyal to the old country than their new home.
Culture. The left won't even admit that Canada has it's own culture.
Urban/Rural divide. Urban people are completely out of touch with rural life.
The Walmartization of the world.
Fuck Heinz. I will never buy their ketchup or anything else of theirs that has tomato in it.

Because nobody wants to spend more on something that they can get cheap. It's the same reason why the Trumptards living down the road are using Mexicans for landscaping.

because women are dumb

By the way, honey doesn't taste the same, and isn't the same. Locally grown stuff has natural antibiotics designed for pathogens in your area, on top of supporting local farmers you get honey that's healthier for you.

In addition to this, the 'cheap' honey is usually watered down (literally, they add water to it) in order to inflate the amount of "honey" they're selling, and lord help you if you're getting this cheap shit that's shipped in from a place like China. You can get good honey that runs like a liquid, but for the most part real honey is a paste and can be scooped up and spread on things using a knife. And honey from different places, different bees, and different flowers have different tastes. It DOES NOT taste the same no matter where you get it from.

Because most things are expensive, and maybe as an elderly couple, don't have a terribly large pension/bank account to live off of until they expire.

This user is right.

Also cheap/chinese honey is also watered down with shit like glucose or HFCS

>buying honey

It's like asking me if I should shoot myself in the right foot or the left foot.

I try to support as much as I can. Even if it costs more. The only case when I won't support - when quality isn't so good.

Paying more to "support" local business is just a type of welfare and charity. If you do it, than the government will just feel more legitimated to keep their failed economic policies that fuck with local industry.
Some things must be allowed to break down completely before you can try to repair them.

Old people still feel like they live in a real society. It's weird.

Not really retard, supporting local businesses is the most libertarian thing you could do because big businesses will just buy the government and push for more regulations.

Businesses are there to serve you, not the other way around.

Pipe down peasant, we exist to serve

Look at this pleb and laugh.

Lol do local businesses support you? Do local people support you or vote to make you fight amongst shit skins or fuck your job off to shitskin lands?

You're so naive and such a monumental faggot.

Big business can only buy the government if it is a big government with power to sell, kiddo.
If you think you can prevent big business from buying state influence by spending more money than you need to, you are just a good goy.

>Industry honey tastes the same as local honey

Wew, there's a huge difference in taste.

The flea market is the best for price and taste for produce and honey.

>inb4 I'm a hipster

Thank you for Correcting The Record.

because we were memed into believing lower cost = nirvana, absolutely ignoring big companies achieve their low cost by replacing the food with fake bullshit. I eat strawberry jam for breakfast, the local one is real actual strawberries while the big corp one is just a fucking disgusting fake as shit jello. Thank you glorious free market.

>still eating the nectary jew

MART

1st world Canadian issues right here folks.

Businesses are there to serve the shareholders

Because penguins are southern hemisphere faggot

what the fuck does this even mean

Hey Canada has real issues too, we have a huge scandal going on right now, a couple of the members of the Liberal cabinet have wasted a couple thousand dollars each, the country is close to melting down in rage.

*wipes ass with leaf*