/sino/ - 中文

Shenzhen 1980 - 38 years ago edition
he thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese-speaking world, culture, life, travel, economics, geopolitics, etc.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=4uBkWv8L0eg

>Learning resources:
pastebin.com/KpgEG6G9 (embed)
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

>Recommended TV Series:
movie.douban.com/tv/#!type=tv&tag=国产剧&sort=rank&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Recommended Movies:
movie.douban.com/explore#!type=movie&tag=华语&sort=recommend&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Literal Chinese cartoons:
bangumi.bilibili.com/guochuang/
ac.qq.com/event/cartoon2016/index.html

>Chinese Manga:
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

>Online Novels:
qidian.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

flickr.com/photos/lwdemery/sets/72157611154071370
youtube.com/watch?v=OimNgZST-tc
scmp.com/tech/enterprises/article/2116178/what-will-china-build-xi-jinpings-dream-city-it-biotech-new-energy
bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-03-06/goldman-s-moe-says-tariffs-won-t-have-meaningful-impact-on-china-video
bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-03-05/george-magnus-discusses-xi-and-growth-prospects-in-china-video
bbc.com/news/av/world-australia-43237144/big-in-asia-the-woman-showing-plus-size-can-be-beautiful
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Comfy

I wish I was chinese

Someone in the other thread posted a picture from Wing’s sex tape. Does anyone have a link?

Pretty unbelievable how a tiny little rundown town became a huge metropolis in 30 years.

WELCOME TO ANOTHER WIDEO

If you wish hard enough, anything is possible
1980's China is pretty comfy
No traffic jams at least
Got these pics off an album on flickr

>Winston

>makes good money from youtube channel and english teaching
>has hot doctor GF
>makes genuinely entertaining content

Don't see what you can hate about him tbf

link pls? I like them

Complains about not making enough money from youtube. Can’t legally work on his spouse visa
His wife is only attractive for her age
His views on race are problematic at best

flickr.com/photos/lwdemery/sets/72157611154071370
Makes me wish I had a time machine.

I just spent ~$25 to masturbate with a Chinese camwhore. I feel like a discount version of Peru.

You sound desperate t-b-h

Don’t feel bad. I just spent 50p to use the stall next to a Spanish tourist in a bus station bathroom

hahahahahahahhahahahahaa

The border of Shenzhen and Hong Kong
Today there's a dozen skyscrapers in this area

谁?

thanks, and me too. i could look at these all day. something about their clarity and vivid color. I wish the scans were larger.

Is this the power of Xi Jinping and the CCP?

Reposting this gem

I believe it's more like the power of a bajillion people with a centralized state

Have you seen the average rural Chinese person?

Do you now understand why China does not have democracy?

Too many people is bad for governing a country.

Look at India

Yeah, this will have todo unless I find some other album with bigger image files. These are great doe.
Well it's the combined efforts of the previous governments too.
>having a billion people makesit easier to raise living standards
Um, user?
What is this referring to?

Is Xiongan the next Shenzhen or the next ghost city?

The next Vancouver tier property price city

what if peru is a MenInBlack?

youtube.com/watch?v=OimNgZST-tc

scmp.com/tech/enterprises/article/2116178/what-will-china-build-xi-jinpings-dream-city-it-biotech-new-energy
Usually when the President handpicks a new area to develop, it goes well.
>If Xiongan matches Shenzhen in size, it’s also comparable to the southern Chinese city in prestige.
>Every Chinese leader had his hand-picked dream city: Deng Xiaoping chose Shenzhen as the site for China’s experiment with market economy, and Jiang Zemin turned Pudong from paddy fields into mainland China’s financial centre, while Hu Jintao tried to turn Binhai in Tianjin into a new growth area during his tenure.
>Xiong'an is no exception. With Xi’s imprimatur, the area may see total investments of as much as 2.4 trillion yuan (US$362 billion) over the next two decades, while 4.5 million people move in from Beijing as state enterprises, universities and research institutions relocate there, according to Morgan Stanley’s estimates.

>His views on race are problematic

Stop being so politically correct.

you really know a lot about china

当然

Was swiping through tinder in Taipei for a while earlier

I have to say a lot of the girls are pretty fuckin ugly. A real letdown

based

Damn you peru, you’re starting to piss me off

bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-03-06/goldman-s-moe-says-tariffs-won-t-have-meaningful-impact-on-china-video

Poor Canadian doesn’t have anything to talk about anymore...
Sad!

bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-03-05/george-magnus-discusses-xi-and-growth-prospects-in-china-video

This is an interesting video

I am CIA Protestor

Wanna see something cool?

I read an interesting article about the young generation of chinks.

Chink girls have several boyfriends at a young age. Sometimes up to 3 or more. Chink boys have less gfs. Chink girls aren’t afraid to dump their boyfriends if they can’t satisfy them or give them what they want (money, car, attention, etc) while chinky boys get oneitis for girls and still care about them months after a break up.

Sounds like this latest young generation of chink girls are thoroughly westernized. Why did you chinkys ruin your women? Why did you let them watch jewish Western TV shows about vapid, sociopathic, materialistic whores? Why do you spoil them and give them $10,000 or more USD monthly allowances to suck ur lil pecker? Why do you go along with their ridiculous bullshit requirements of needing to buy a shitbox million dollar apartment in an almost dilapidated building that’s about to collapse, buy them a luxury car, take care of their toothless squatting farmer parents, etc etc etc?

You guys are fucking insane. You ruined your females before you could even become 1st world.

So is that a yes or a no?

hello chinese posters. How do I make a chinese friend at university? I don't want my current HSK studies to be in vain

CCP discovered that they could get rich using their huge population of slaves to make Barbie dolls and baseball bats.

I know literally everyone in that picture is poor, but it must've been beautiful then. I wish modern cities had such wide open roads that people could just walk and bike on instead of endless traffic and congestion.

Oldfags in China talk about how those days were better, that people were more honest and not as greedy and there wasn't so much crowding and pollution.

i'd also like to know how to get a chinese gf

Things are definitely better. More access to medicine and hygiene and wide variety of products, but still there is an appeal to the rustic old days.
The quiet old villages, landscapes and all that. That stuff still does exist in some more remote places. Like Yunnan. The noise and claustrophobia of urban centers is auniversal phenomenon with human development.
>slaves
>get paid
>by private entities
not really
How is your Chinese?

>go to register at uni and pay fees
>Give my mastrcard which literally every country usually accepts
>Say I can't use that
>Ask what their IBAN is so I can do a bank transfer
>Ting bu dong

They literally want me to pay 9000yuan in cash even tho you can't get that out the atm in one day

Oh user I should have warned you before you went...
American bank cards don't work in MOST places in China. Not all, but most.
You have to find a special ATM that accepts foreign cards to withdraw from overseas accounts, for a small fee.
When I was in China, Bank of America had a deal with China Construction Bank where you could withdraw from the CCB ATM's with no problem and no transaction fee.
But in general directly paying for things with an American card in China, as far as I know, is a no go.
So try and withdraw funds from your American account first, then pay in cash I guess. Unless they don't take cash, which in that case you'll probably need to make a local account. And also remember, checks are a rarity in China.
Don't blame the uni staff, they probably don't deal with this stuff usually.
Which bank do you use?

The can withdraw cash but my bank only let's me have 2k yuan a day from an atm

Your American bank or the Chinese? I thought the general requirement in China is higher than 2,000...
According to some expat site, the legal limit is 20k RMB.
If that really is the case, I guess you're only option is to withdraw that amount of 2k a day till you have what you need.

My English Bank doesn't allow me to withdraw 9000 in one day only 2000, and the university won't let me register until I have the full 9000

what I did was have my dad set up a Western Union account and verify it to send more than £400 a time which took about one working day, I then transferred him the money and then he sent me a Western Union which I picked up at the China Postal Savings Bank on Zheda Road

should've brought a visa travel money card, fag.

also I'm about to go out for lunch so it will take me 15 minutes for the pass switch to expire so I can post from my phone in case you have any other questions

I guess you'll just have to withdraw the 2k a day then...
Sucks.
Takes me back to my first couple days in China back in 15, figuring all that shit out. Lot of awkwardness but fun times overall.
I posted a couple times on the chans too. Anons didn't believe I was actually there.
Yeah Western Union's a good option too. They're everywhere.

>His views on race are problematic at best

ahaha what a fucking retard.
It's always some spoiled faggot from a 1st world country crying like a bitch about muh problematic race views

>Takes me back to my first couple days in China back in 15, figuring all that shit out. Lot of awkwardness but fun times overall.
that's probably everyone's first few days living in china
good times though

If they won't take visa or master card they won't take a visa travel card.

Dunno why they're so backwards when they're a uni. What kind of uni needs payment in cash.

Well they don't. It's just they don't take foreign bank cards. Their card swipers are for domestic cards for the most part. That's my diagnosis.
I'm pretty damn sure most Chinese students don't pay their tuition in cash. Either they do it online with a bank account, one of those epay solutions or a card.
Yeah, figuring out where to eat, making friends, meeting new people. That's the fun stuff.

Russia will turn on China when america declines

Theoretically possible, but that would require the US to fall a long way. If Trump stayed in power for like twenty years, that might make it happen.

So they didn't anticipate foreign students wouldn't have Chinese bank cards? You can't even get a Chinese bank account till you get an address

won't take that long. once america retreats from middle easy, russia will target china for their encroachment on their sphere of influence in central asia

I don't know how they did it where you are, but they settled me into my dorm the night I arrived. Even without that, you could just give them a placeholder address like your university. They're not gonna research you and say that isn't legit. Chinese bank requirements for getting a debit card tend to be lax.
I got mine from Agricultural Bank of China. All they needed was my passport and visa and I think maybe the authorization of stay, which they gave me super easy at the dorm.

Well the BRI thing seems to be drawing Central Asia into China's sphere. Don't know how muchRussia can do about that, especially since Russia is part of a lot of Chinese operations like the SCO.
And Iran is a power in its own right that seems friendly to both China and Russia. That might throw a monkey wrench into Russia-China competition.
And Russia can't match China's economic strength.
These are all challenges they need to face.
But even then, as long as the US remains a hegemon and threatens both China and Russia's interests, they will continue tolerating each other.

Any Chinese from China here? How liberal are the people there? Are they as communist and savage as the US depicts? Do they support the censorship there?

Younger people in China aren't really ideologically communist. More nationalist. But not savage. They tend to think of censorship just another one of those shitty things, but oh well. It could be worse. Censorship was a lot worse back in the day.

China was a total shithole with tens of millions dying annually to manmade causes 1850-1980.

Nostalgia

My uni is a community college and they only took checks until last year

China is a weird country stuck at differing levels of economic and social development. Even more than the USA.

Did he secretly win the civil war?

>tens of millions dying annually to manmade causes
lolwut
Things were bad but during the Mao years there was an overall population boom except for the Great Leap Forward.
You go to a community college in China?
And yes, development was unbalanced. That is what the current government is dealing with now.
What did he secretly win? The political division of China? Loss of territory under his control? Now he is hated by many in Taiwan.

>friend said he got wanked off at a massage parlour last night
>"She was alright I was drunk"
>"Did you ask?"
>"No she just did it"

Friend got raped by an ayi

>I spent 3 month in chinar. I know everything about Chinks and their wonderful culture
>I am China pro even though I never left my dorm to play MMOs and the chinese students considered me a fat freak & laughed at me behind my back
>don’t blame the uni staff, hurr durr
>surely they’ve never had international students b4, it’s all ur fault user hurrrrr

Kek, shut up fat ass

I don't know why ya hate me so much. Hate is not good for your healthy, you know?
Sounds like she needs sensitivity training and need to learn about consent. #metoo

My tranny GF is Chinese and is now studying Chinese so we can go to her family at some point

How hard will it be for her to study Chinese?

She has Chinese relatives. I've studied Japanese for over 3 years and still fucking suck but I've never talked to Japanese person before.

Bit gay

bbc.com/news/av/world-australia-43237144/big-in-asia-the-woman-showing-plus-size-can-be-beautiful

>tranny
>gf
>chinese
wut
Stop it Western media, stop!
西媒滚蛋!

Why are chink bois so thirsty and desperate part 1

Part 2

>/sino/ exists
>no normal chinese but ccp shills and retarded gaijin
Just stop making this general

>thread about china has pro-china people in it
weird
but it would be nice to have legit chinese in here

What do you mean when you say “China”

>legit chinese in here
25%-ers at most

All the smart people come here and post in my high IQ thread. I'm a legit Chinese.

Very stupid thread

>tfw too intelligent to be understood by the plebs of Sup Forums

There's only 1-5% of you that will be able to understand what it's like to be as intelligent as me.

Why would am agency say they can't rent to foreigners until April, they keep just saying "inspection"

High IQ post.
If you don’t understand it you’re stupid, sorry.

They hate the whitboi
Welcome to the PRC

But the letting agent wants to rent it, he says the community won't allow it till April due to inspection

Just trying to save face
Come April it won’t be available any longer for some other reason

Seems odd because he wants his commission so he wants us to be allowed, said he'd have to contact the community and ask and he'd get back to me.

I think community is a bad translation though he means local government or something

Sounds like you didn't plan things out too good...