Americans put a fucking yuge tariff on Canadian softwood lumber because they use it to build their houses

>Americans put a fucking yuge tariff on Canadian softwood lumber because they use it to build their houses
>Americans not only build their houses out of fucking wood, they use soft wood instead of hard and strong wood

This is almost as bad as the Japanese paper houses. Why not just use stone? You have mountains for quarrying.

>yuge
lel
We are retarded. I thought the rest of the world knew this already?

>Softwoods are not necessarily softer than hardwoods.[1] In both groups there is an enormous variation in actual wood hardness, with the range in density in hardwoods completely including that of softwoods; some hardwoods (e.g. balsa) are softer than most softwoods, while the hardest hardwoods are much harder than any softwood. The woods of longleaf pine, douglas fir, and yew are much harder in the mechanical sense than several hardwoods.

Tell me why you greentexted all of that?

Use google you fucking retard. This is not a why do Americans bla bla bla board.

>not building a hurricane-resistant home

stone is 3rd world. ever notice how they use stone and brick in latin america? because it is cheap. engineered wood is expensive and definitely not what you think "soft" means.
also, old american houses are made of real brick.

Cause its a quote....

>It's an Australian/Canadian hates on America for doing something Australians/Canadians also do episode

not him but it is obviously a quote.

ford museum in detroit has some of those ugly futuristic looking metal houses on display (futuristic as in what they thought the future would look like back in 1950's)

Ah. If I wasn't so retarded, I probably would have realized that that was a quote from wikipedia.

Why do Americans build their playmobil houses out of balsa wood?
Why do they do this knowing they live in a country with some of the most violent tornadoes on Earth?

so that american businesses and insurance companies get paid to easily rebuild the crap that gets blown away

that's alright
look for clues like [1] it is a link. so definitely wiki

this
>it's a countries younger than us try and act like old worlders episode

because you have no idea how powerful tornadoes are. cat 5 will destroy an industrial building made of concrete and metal let alone a fucking brick house

>an industrial building made of concrete and metal

You have no idea what you are talking aabout you dumbfuck.

American housing developers are extremely jewish, the prizes they pay for third rate mcmansion shit it's insane. They can talk all what they want about location, schools, staying away from nigs, but the truth is that american houses are getting more expensive while the average american gets poorer. It's designed to put create debt. Murrikans are not getting what they paid for and are not allowed to build smaller houses with better materials in most of their huge country. Rural americans are the only ones that live as they want and pay a fair price.

You do understand that most tornadoes occur specifically in central US right brainlet? The entire western half pretty much gets no tornadoes at all.

>triggered 3rd worlder
your whole continent looks like this

>you know nothing
>proceeds to tell my about my country from his 3rd world point of view
fucking idiot

>living in a gulf coast state
Top fucking kek

Yeah past the rockies its just earthquakes, mudslides, and wild fires :^)

since he mentioned wood, brick is even worse if you have quakes

You do realize that your country is a shithole, right?
You're literally at mejicos level of development.

Who the fuck wants to live that long

tell me more, butthurt 3rd worlder on a high horse.
what triggered you so much? you are funny

>t. florida man

>Why do Americans build their playmobil houses out of balsa wood?
>Why do they do this knowing they live in a country with some of the most violent tornadoes on Earth?
Helps with GDP and you get MORE JOBS that way. How hard can it be?!

>your whole continent looks like this

yep, and each iteration makes homes more modern and environmentally friendly

Our houses don't fall with a little 7.2 earthquake

That's mean.

Chile literally has the strongest construction code in the western hemisphere, literally every shitty construction is illegal and eventually gets demolished. The entire country is extremely sysmic to the point people don't even use the word earthquake for anything smaller than a 7.5 aka earthquakes that would destroy your city

>illegal campment

You show show him

Thanks marxism
Thanks american education

Chill, chicanito, that was my first post. I know i have to be patient with you low IQ third world dwellers, but you're pretty annoying.

... what would you make it out of?

Please don't say 3-D printed plastic and paper fibre.

Retarded inbred british brain is very confused by this notion

A bunch of asslblasted ch*leans defending Latin American shanty towns or is it samefag?

yeah i was also surprised what triggered his reaction

Literally looking at the shittiest place in the country.
Just fucking look at places like Pedro Fontova or La Dehesa

STRICTEST BUILDING CODES IN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE

Yeah, because poor people in your country have the best houses.
You are looking at a shitty neighborhood

americans are all appearance and no content/structure

There's good reason behind making all of our houses with wood
1. It's extremely cheap
2. It's quick to build. This is really important because of how fast the US grew and filled in territories
3.Very low population density

So your rich people have the strictest codes?

Yes he is, and that shitty neighborhood endured by the look of it at least 3 8.0+ earthquakes kek

Also:
4. Burns easily
5. Can't stand the smallest earthquake
See:

i mean i will give it to you, your houses look better than mexico or argentina's villas, at least you put some plaster on the cheap shitty bricks and it is painted nicely in better areas. but my post was about latin america not chile specifically. yet it triggered you

I would rather live in a favela than in a trailer

and I would rather live in a brazilian rich house than an american over priced "rich" cardboard box house

doesn't matter when there is a demand for 500,000 houses in the course of five years

We are not allowed to have any more historic buildings, this ensures our descendants think of America just like we always have: real estate for Europe(or now, the world). The explorers started this tradition when they destroyed any American written history and people. They weren't as good at tearing down structures(though they managed with Mexico City) but as you can see they're making up for lost time.

brick is much worse for quakes, just ask californians, what the hell are you talking about. and brick is cheap as fuck, especially cheap shitty brick you use in latin america

Lol this is the beach I live on

modern american houses are made to be torn down and renovated every 15 years

That's why the average house age is about 50 years. Dumb post.

Californians can't build shit, they just don't know how to do it. Just look at this guy reacting to a 4.4, we literally can't notice a 4.4 here

because a ton were built post-war, but post-war house are not modern houses

Do Chileans unironically believe they live in a better country than us or is it just inferiority complex posturing?

You don’t even live in a better country than Argentinians lol

This isn't true. I live in a neighborhood that was built in the 60's and only a few houses have been renovated. My grandparents live in a house that was built in the 1890s and it's only been renovated once, in the 50s. Routine maintenance isn't renovation

>we literally can't notice a 4.4 here
So these shacks will still stand? Really? Or you are talking about rich people?

This triggered them: I didn't even mention Chile but latinos are easily hurt.

>brick is much worse for quakes

M8, reinforced brick isnt the same as brick. i thought you were just saying dumb shit, now i see you actually don't know anything about construction.

Not every brick is the same. And not every reinforced wall it's the same either. Steel goes inside.

>4.4

That's the same feeling as a truck passing.

What about southern Chile and Argentina? It is all wood. And a very poor quality wood, too.

American "wood" houses are much higher quality than even "luxury" homes in South America, which are all uniformly build quite poorly.

Foreigners are always like 'Hur Dur I can punch through walls' as if that means anything as to the quality of the construction.

I'll take my modest wooden townhouse over any building in Latin America any day.

Newer Houses in american Earthquake prone areas are built with foundations that are reinforced with hydraulic shock suspension

Of course not every brick is the same. I was talking about brick that is used throughout Latin America. Very cheap very poor quality brick. And it is mostly not even brick but shitty cinder blocks. And I posted pics of houses in Chile made of shitty brick. Poor fags can't afford high quality reinforced brick. What's so difficult to understand?

May be 3rd world but damn Patagonia is comfy.

I don't think they even heard about such a concept in Chile. He keeps talking about "reinforced" brick as if the stronger brick somehow magically makes the building unbreakable. It is all about suspension.

Oh no question about that, it is comfy. And these wood houses look comfy too. But the quality of construction is a different story.

>This is not a why do Americans bla bla bla board
check the catalog, thats half the threads

Your pic is one of the most infuriating and hideous things about lat am. That they always build some of a second floor but never complete it. So fucking ugly.

Yes most of it looks that way. You can't even tell which country that is. Could be Mexico, could be Argentina or whatever. But I will admit they have a lot less of that shit in Chile. They are a better country than most of them.
Even when they use the same shitty cinder blocks, they at least care to put some plaster over them and give them a decent paint job.

As a streetview pro I agree. Chile across the board is far ahead of the rest of lat am. Much of it looks totally unlike the rest of the continent.

you only need a good base you autistic mutt

>2011
Please update your graphs a lot has changed in 7 years.

Dude, the USA is the only 3rd world First world land regarding some areas.

>Japanese paper houses
but our anti-seismic houses are stronger than your abo mud houses desu senpai