What do you think about Toronto?

What do you think about Toronto?

reminds of chicago but i didnt see any black people, of course that was like 10 years ago

I don't

It's expensive and fake. I regret moving here, and in six months when my company transfers me back out, I will probably be detained for dancing around Pearson.

I was raised in Mississauga but have committed to never visit again for the rest of life
West Canada truly is Best Canada

I love Toronto! I'm kind of a Toronto-boo, I'd love to live there and visit.

My girlfriend is Canadian and says it's shit. I already had that impression before she told me.

I don't.

You barely see blacks in the downtown of Chicago though

Shithole. I live in Halton and I almost never go into the city itself. The only time I do is when I want to check out something with my girlfriend but that's pretty rare. It's truly God tier just outside the city though in the countryside. Lots of jobs, and decent schools etc. I spend my summers in Muskoka too which is truly canada IMO

sure but i still saw a few

What are some of those cities?

can't think of anything really

is that the general french impression?

Turano.

Bolton, ON is very nice, I like Goderich, Georgetown, etc too. Some are developing too fast and have lost their touch. I don't mind Oakville either.

>just outside the city though in the countryside.

and where would that be?

>inb4 huuur fuck off we're full

Don't plan on going, just curious

Anywhere outside of the city. Just browse the area around Milton and Georgetown in the countryside. Southern Ontario has very nice countryside and it really feels like home to me. We used to have a big dairy farm and I miss that so it's nice being here. Pic related is in my area.

After they created their greenbelt thing to stop the endless suburban sprawl, construction is booming in the city. It's been a nice improvement since 2000, the core of the city is actually habitable and full of people now instead of Houston tier parking lots

Working at a hotel or a bum?

It's a shame that a lot of neighbourhoods in Toronto are ugly as shit.

Taste comes with time. It's the same with Vancouver. Sadly, the largest buildings will always be the trash already on the waterfront. Trust me though, it's not all nearly as ugly and developers have clued in after a decade.

My friend has a Canadian wife, since like always she said Toronto is like the USA, full of crime and black people and that it's basically not Canada.

She is right. Nobody likes Toronto except the people living there (who aren't white)

So what's a good area to live in that isn't super expensive like Yorkville?

There are literally no redeeming qualities of Toronto. It's expensive, unclean, and our transit system is barely functional. Recently crime has skyrocketed because of the mentally ill, and even the white neighbourhoods have become increasingly multicultural. It's easily the worst city in Canada and I can't wait to move out of this shithole of a city.

Toronto had a homicide rate of 2 per 100,000 people. Your wife sounds like she's from the Prairies, whose major cities hover from 3-4 homicides per 100,000 people. To put into perspective, San Francisco is at 8.6 and New York at like 6

thoughts on Ottawa?

She's my friends wife, she's from nova scotia or something(no idea how to translate it). Anyway she always said that about Toronto when we talked about Canada and I just wanted to know if it's true.

There's not a lot of crime, compared to France I never felt like I needed to watch my back. There's just a lot of bike theft.

No idea, I've only been to the US when it comes to Americas. I didn't mean to attack anyone, I was just curious.

In relation to the rest of Canada, crime rates are pretty high, and we have quite a lot of blacks. The blacks used to stay in their own communities, but now everyone in the city is starting to move around now. The black people don't really cause crime outside of their own areas though. Most of our current crime is due to the mentally ill who have become a lot more aggressive recently.

I wouldn't say that Toronto is like the USA though, but Toronto certainly isn't like the rest of Canada.

Toronto is literally multiple times safer than any american city. "Dangerous" Canadian cities have murder rates lower than the best American ones. Truth is everyone in Canada has a hard for thinking they're better than one another.

why are they becoming more aggressive?.. This makes no sense.

Gonna move to Toronto in a few months.
t. a codemonkey applied for the skilled worker visa

That's what I'm feeling to, there's a lot of junkies/mentally ill/homeless even downtown, they're not attacking people but it's definitely annoying.

Sure mate no worries, how safe would you say is the US compared to the rest of Europe ?

If I knew why they were becoming more aggressive, I would've stated it in my post. My guess is that it's because mental health services are pretty slow or maybe they don't realize they have a problem.

It seemed to be safe, at least safer than Berlin or Paris(when I was there) for example. Berlin was probably the least safe city I visited in Europe so far and I've been to Russia..

Yeah, I live uptown and even I've noticed a lot of mentally ill and homeless people hanging around. Apparently it's because the shelters don't let them stay there during the day.

Uptown they're a bit more aggressive though because no one really does anything. I was walking through a TTC station in my area a few days ago and this mentally ill guy punched a woman in the arm when he walked by her and started yelling at people :/

Worst city in the country. Self-absorbed holier-than-thou SJWs and feminists telling the rest of the country how to live our lives, killing our industries, raising the cost of living while lowering the standard...it's a Marxist wet dream.

It's also full of Chinese commieblock towers, has no core "culture" besides being "the biggest city", is over 50% immigrants, and shuts down after sunset. Toronto doesn't know of a world beyond Toronto (save for a few well-to-do boomers who visit "cottage country" just outside Barrie), and act like they're the best people in the world for living there. Even if it's some retail slave, they act better than you because Toronto is "the economic powerhouse" of Canada (hint: it isn't; more people = more money flowing, but what's actually produced?).

Never had a good experience in Toronto. Last time I was there some woman t-boned my car, two different hobos followed me around asking for change, and when I tried to grab a coffee the Pajeet at the store literally couldn't speak English. Not to mention the smog, awful smell, and horrible unwashed masses.

Burn it down.

Toronto is dirty and brown af

We are brown but at least our cities are clean and we dont have have stinky pajeets

too much people smoking weed