Which mode of execution do you think would be less agonizing: firing squad, guillotine, or hanging?

Which mode of execution do you think would be less agonizing: firing squad, guillotine, or hanging?

Other urls found in this thread:

listverse.com/2017/03/06/10-dark-secrets-of-the-mongol-empire/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

guillotine

it's instant death, and 99.99% to kill

Maybe, but the condemned is left conscious for a time after their head is separated from the body, resting immobile and aware, and unable to speak as the life slowly drains away.

>less agonizing

Hanging, in hope that the neck snaps.

>guillotine
This: which must be really shitty.

>firing squad
Pretty "cool" way to go, still what happens when they don't hit you properly and you just get some bullets in your gut and bleed to death in agony?

I once heard about some dude that was about to get executed in the french revolution, some science dude asked him to try to blink his eyes rapidly and continue after his head got chopped, and the blinking continued for a while after the chop

Showing an*me

>slowly
Blood pressure drop would mean unconsciousness in mere seconds if the neckstab hasnt already knocked you out cold

proper execution by hanging means the weight of your own body snaps your neck instantly

Lethal injection is supposed to be the GOAT execution method, the worst being lingchi.

That depends entirely on how nice your excecutioners decide to be on that particular day.

Scaphism is a strong contender.

>Central African republic
Wut

one of the regions to come out of the Belgian Congo I do believe

You believe wrong then. Because the Belgian Congo gave way to DRC and not much else.

I beg your pardon then, it's in the general vicinity

If we're going for most brutal execution method, I would say Mongolian way of executing nobles.

They had this thing where they would not allow blood to be spilt, but they had to still kill.
it meant it would usually be shit like burning, boiling, squishing, etc.

squishing sounds as if blood is going to wind up issuing out of the body eventually...

it was a weird way..

I know of one way, where they executed a bunch of Russian nobles.

They put a bunch of wood on top of them, and then sat on them.. Ate their dinner.. Like 20+ grown men..

Fucking ruthless.

I know this isn't a great source,
>Guyuk had her tortured into confessing before “her upper and lower orifices were sewn up and she was rolled up in a sheet of felt and thrown into the river.”
>The Mongols traditionally had a taboo against shedding royal blood, so another favorite method of execution was crushing. The Abbasid Caliph al-Musta’sim was rolled up in a carpet and trampled to death by stampeding horses. After the Battle of the Kalka River, captured Russian princes were shoved under some floorboards and crushed as the Mongols held their victory feast on top of them.
>He was lucky compared to the Persian noble who was covered in sheep fat, wrapped in felt, and left tied up in the hot sun to meet his fate.

listverse.com/2017/03/06/10-dark-secrets-of-the-mongol-empire/

I would prefer to die by a firing squad

I don't really worry about execution. Torture scares me a lot more. Although the worst form of execution is obviously being hanged, drawn, and quartered.

Brass bull is the worst

Yeah, being fried/steamed alive can't be nice.

>Torture scares me a lot more

Pretty much, anything involving torture is fucking terrible, if you're going to kill someone it should be done swiftly.

Firing squad, as soon as the squat hit the head.

It's the pain that I fear, not the dying.

Hanging is probably the best, done right is instantatneous, it snaps the neck, other than the sudden sense of falling and a blow to the back of your neck you're unlikely to feel much. It's also the easiest to botch tho and symbolically dishonourable.

Firing squad is probably the worst as traditionally they don't aim for the head, meaning you'll likely drown in your own fluids as a teared hart goes into arhyhtmia. This is symbolically the most honourable way to die (it counts close to a death in battle) and leaves as close to a seemingly intact body to bury as you'll get.

The guillotine is a big unknown, while it's unlikely that the blow itself is painful nociception on such a quickly severed head is a big unknown, I think France used it as late as the 70's

yes, the last execution was in 77 in France

with the guillotine that is

>bullets in your gut and bleed to death in agony
40mm bofors will end a human really quickly

Last execution in Sweden was in 1910. They used a guillotine.

guillotine

There were fails while shooting/hanging executions.
never heard about guilliotine failed

that's an undignified and barbarous prospect only North Koreans would employ

ze guillotine, since I'm french

hon hon hon

Only cucks would rather die with their head separated from the body

Guillotine and firing squad probably go equally as fast. As in both cases no more blood gets pumped to the heath and you lose consciousness within a couple seconds.

I consider both more humane than the electric chair or gas chamber desu.

>pumped to the heath
To the brain.

What does that have to do with being cheated on?

You let someone cucks you out of your body

Blowing by gun was widely used in British empire back then, its messy but a quick death at least

that manner of death was so horrible it was probably intended to ward off further rebellion

hanging

the other two wouldn't kill you fast enough

>The prisoner is generally tied to a gun with the upper part of the small of his back resting against the muzzle. When the gun is fired, his head is seen to go straight up into the air some forty or fifty feet; the arms fly off right and left, high up in the air, and fall at, perhaps, a hundred yards distance; the legs drop to the ground beneath the muzzle of the gun; and the body is literally blown away altogether, not a vestige being seen.
This is now my preferred way of execution.

There is no reason why hanging would go faster.

It was described by Indians and Brits as fucking brutal. And Indians were used to burning widows alive.

I can't imagine being shot in the spine at point-blank range by cannon would be anything but quick and painless.

with the equipments they have, your neck would snap instantly and you wouldn't even know it's over

would the concussion just kill you straight off?

"During the Battle of Baton Rouge on August 5, 1862, Union Brigadier General Thomas Williams was among the 2500 Northern casualties taking the state capital of Louisiana. Officially, Williams died to a Confederate bullet in the chest, but it was widely reported that the general, a much-disliked martinet, was seized by his own soldiers and held in front of a cannon. It was further rumored that the War Department, not wanting to encourage imitators, invented a more heroic death for him. The exact circumstances surrounding Williams's death may never be known."

yes there is

hanging snaps your neck the moment you fall and you die. the guillotine isn't an immediate death, you still know what's going on for a bit after you've had your head chopped off. firing squads don't aim for your head so you'd still feel pain for a little bit

A point blank cannon shot would liquify your brain instantly.

The most instantaneous possible death would be what happened to President Kennedy, it's almost certain that he never knew what hit him.

If you ever saw the video of Nick Berg, you'll be dissuaded from any notion that beheading is quick and painless.

Louis XVI was so fat that the guillotine blade reportedly struck his jawbone and they had to pull it back up and try again (the second time was successful).

he certainly did, since the first shot to strike him went through his torso and into the body of the governor of texas

Isn’t this kinda dangerous for the executors?
And was a projectile used?

John Connally's death 30 years later from pulmonary fibrosis was attributed to complications from his wound, as the bullet had lodged in one lung. As for Kennedy, he undoubtedly felt some discomfort at the initial throat wound, but the second, fatal shot happened before he would have been able to realize what had happened.

What you need do to deserve that? Isn't government going to far, only relatives closest people search revenge govt has no business with that. Is it ok that govt can shoot at people?

I suspect so, but why not try splitting the head in two? Just move the point where they cut up from the neck to right at the ears. Cut right through the brain.

I personally think flaying would be the worst way.

necklacing is pretty brutal

A hot shower before the execution always fixes the worries of the inmates.

Maybe it’s the American in me speaking, but if you lined up 10 men, all of whom have rifles chambered in 30.06 (like an M1 Garand), and all of them shoot you in the heart at the same time I think your goose would get cooked pretty quickly. That and getting executed by a firing squad looks way more badass than being hanged or decapitated.

Its blank catridge and shot towards the sea but there were incidents where mistakes end with loading grapeshot and some were fragged.
Probably really horrible stuff like bombing civilan crowds in a terror attack or really horrific serial murderers.
Having execution doesn't mean its always enforced since it serves mainly as deterrent, we hand 60 death sentence a year but few if any were executed since only drug lords get the rope while the rest get life sentence.

That didn't happen
And he wasn't that fat

What if they feel cheeky and shoot you in the dick instead?

this

Guillotine by far.

Get your blood pressure low enough and you loose consciousness. Being decapitated in an instant fashion, such as the guillotine, means your brain's blood pressure drops to zero almost instantly. I double people remain conscious for more than a second or 2.

Firing squad seems more badass but as said it depends on what they aim for.

>less agonizing
Hanging
>better
Firing squad

this thread isn't comfy

>mongols brutally killed people
>dark-secrets
???

I want to die out with full test. I choose garrote vil

>unconsciousness in mere seconds
Try minutes, sometimes bordering on hours; and in any case an eternity for the condemned. You should check out an essay titled 'Reflections on the Guillotine' by Albert Camus.

it's important to remember our world was not always so comfy

Europe should have another Black Death

I'm thinking firing squad. Just sit down, get shot in the face, get it over with. Fuck being strapped to some contraption and getting electrocuted or poisoned for fifteen minutes. And getting the firing squad just seems like the more timeless and noble thing to do. Sadly even the Americans only allow it in one state because they're in the grips of lethal injection big pharma telling lies about how it's the most humane way even though it fucks up all the damn time. If you're gonna kill someone, do it in Utah.

Hanging if done right.

what the fuck is your country even