GOT show VS Book

This thread is dedicated to the description of how the show fucked with the book

Previous

So what characters havent changed from the book? and whats been the exact same book to show?

the first season

>Recasting littlefinger
Fuck you mate

>Littlefinger

I like Waltz a lot too but Aiden is literally /ourbigguy/. Shame on you.

search your feelings, you know it be true
his voice and accents are just too ridiculous

>dany
top kek

ugly and insecure: check (ref. jaime)
literally not the same character at all
actually a gold digging whore the entire time

Those all are terrible and look like they were made in 5 seconds with tons of artifacts.

Do we really need two generals?

this is not a general

>muh book

Loras was the worst fuck up. His whole homosexuality in the books is kept hushed and more japed about than outright stated

>New thread when the last one hits limit
>Posts same shit in every thread
It's a general.

I've read ASOIAF (so far) twice and I actually liked some changes that D&D made, but for the most part it's a fucking travesty what they did to this show.

Yes, AFFC and ADWD was shit. We all know it. But there was more than enough content, and entertaining content to span 2-3 seasons. I'm going to get the typical response
>hbo is paying the actors too much, though!
>the actors want to move on!
Bullshit. This is the best thing most of these actors will ever do in their lives, especially people like Maisie, Isaac and Sophie. They will never amount to anything as good as this ever again. They would 100% settle for a smaller paycheck, and if they don't, kick them the fuck out. Who cares if that little goblin isn't in the show?

It has become apparent that David and Dan seriously don't care about the story considering they want to shorten it so much and end it as fast as possible. It is a total "fuck you" to anyone who cares about the story, because they should have had the integrity to hand it over to someone who cares at approximately season 4. And George knows he's never going to get this shit finished, so why didn't he take up full time writing of the show? Because he's a fat, greedy fuck who will have his notes burned when he finally gets his cardiac arrest in lets say...7 months.

The writing is inexcusable at this point, and it saddens me that we go from arguably the greatest television ever in Seasons 1-3 to the shit we have now. Do normies forget that the dialogue and adventure building up to a huge pay off is what made them cum over the show in the first place? The red wedding wouldn't have been as entertaining had D&D done it without book reference. It would have happened in under 2 episodes.

I could go on for paragraphs but I really just want to say FUCK you David and Dan, and FUCK you George RR Martin. You're both pieces of shit for dragging people into this adventure, giving them false hope and crushing them.

NOOO ITS NOOOT

How is it even a money problem?
Hiring writers is not very expensive.

Meow meow motherfucker

It's a shitty excuse. HBO have mountains of money JUST FROM THIS SERIES ALONE. Oh, and why would they hire writers? Normies still eat this shit up, even book readers are some how fine with the show being wrapped up like this because
>dude just turn your brain off bro lmao
>dude like am i the only one who is sick of the filler episodes, lets get this going!

Do these people have amnesia? The show was very satisfying when they had meaningful dialogue, character development and it all lead up to a shocking/unexpected moment. That's what Game of Thrones is all about.

this is you

these suck ass

this is the correct format, book excerpts + "Nailed it"

I have plenty of other folders of reaction images if cats bother you user.

The biggest problem with the series is that the writers simply can't write entertaining dialogue. Even someone who has never read the books can tell what scenes are from the books because those scenes have actual good dialogue with just the right amount of exposition without hitting you in the head with it. The show treats dialogue like filler between the dragon scenes because they know the far majority of their audience is simply too dumb to notice how awful the writing is. And too much of the dialogue is spent on reminding the viewers who these characters are and what they're going to do without giving it an organic touch that actually feels like people talking and not robots.

It's somewhat ironic how as a TV series it excels in the areas you'd expect a fantasy series would fail at but then completely fails at the parts where television has been the king at. This is why I enjoyed the latest episode. Little to no dialogue, just the Hollywood shit that the show actually pulls off decently.

mmm, those pigeons

kek

Dabid cannot write, it is this simple. They base the entirety of their writing decisions around which actors they like the best, and twist the story to fellate their performances. Obviously this isn't how you properly write a TV show, but they've been allowed to get away with it for 7 seasons.

>The show was very satisfying when they had meaningful dialogue, character development and it all lead up to a shocking/unexpected moment.
But at the same time, there was so much filler in seasons 4 - 6 that they're now forced to rush the shit out of seasons 7 and 8

Was Tywin Lannister evil?

can evil men be good leaders ?

Stop posting your shitty pictures

Nobody would ever dispute Tywin's effectiveness at governing the realm but the guy was a massive dickhead