/got/ Shit That Doesn't Make Sense Edition

So here's a list of things that don't make sense about the leaked episode

>Bringing an undead back to Cersei
She already is in possession of an undead (The Mountain) and it's a weak plot point; Cersei isn't the type to care, if anything she would try to use it to her advantage against them.
>Having to go beyond the wall to capture one
Why not just kill a prisoner at the wall or beyond the wall and wait until they turn then capture them? Why risk going all the way out past the wall and attack a mob to do it? Anybody who dies at the wall or beyond the wall gets turned regardless.
>The ice
Okay, so the ice was weakened. Why don't the undead just use bows and arrows like they have in the past? Why doesn't the night king just throw an ice spear at them (he killed a dragon with one) from a distance? Why not ranged combat? Or after 1 day the ice would have strengthened enough for a few of the undead at a time to rush them and just eventually wear them out from combat regardless. Instead we are lead to believe the Undead sit there for over a day when it's common sense the Ice would have strengthened after the first night.
>Gendry and the Raven
It would have taken a minimum of 3-4 days for him to get back to the wall, for the raven to fly to Daenerys, and for Daenerys to travel past the wall if you calculate for distance. The show's pacing is horrendous and illogical.
>3 Dragons
Why the 3 dragons? Daenerys never travels with 3 of them ever, this was the first time ever.
>Uncle Ben
Shit was so contrived, did his uncle just sit off in the distance and wait or something the entire time? How did he know Jon was there? Also there was enough time for him to go with Jon, even if he cant go past the wall, he didn't have to die, horses can carry two people.
>The chains
How did the undead get the chains and attach it to the sunken corpse of the dragon? I mean, the dragon would have sank to the bottom which is probably pretty deep

What else am I missing?

STANNIS! STANNIS!! STANNIS!!!

Danny not ending the war right there by burning the shit out of the Night King and his compatriots and Rhaegal just flying around like a twat doing nothing.

>Why not just kill a prisoner at the wall or beyond the wall and wait until they turn then capture them?

It was literally explained in this episode and has been clear many times that you have to be killed by a white walker to be turned... Wow..

Let me ask *you* a question. Why would a grown man whose shirt says "Genius at Work" spend all of his time watching a children's cartoon show?

>Cersei isn't the type to care, if anything she would try to use it to her advantage against them.
And she will. Those retards will literally tell her how to get rid of the walkers by herself, expecting her to bend the knee to Daenerys.

White walkers are immune to fire.

itt butthurt book babbies crying about a shit tier show getting shittier
t. walking dead fan

They aren't immune to dragonfire which is magic taking the form of fire.

I thought it was established back in season 6 that the dragons shoot a highly reactive chemical from those holes at the sides of their mouths

Dont forget
>convincing Cersei after burning men alive for serving Cersei and not bending to Dany

They're magical beings ya goon

Listen here my friend, this is a fricking show! Show has to have dramatic moments for normies to grasp for breath and be on the edge of their sits.

Jonnieboy could ask Danny to do areal surveliance beyond the wall and grab one zombie dude while she is there, quick snatch and grab is no biggie for a dragon, later drop it in the kings landing with a note. But wheres the fun in that?

Jonie could fight battle with Ramsey normaly, using tactic and shit and progressing slowly, but wheres the fun in that? So he charged blindly and fucking everything up.

ITS THE FUCKING SHOW, no drama, normies dont care.

Why didn't Jon yell to Daenerys that she should aim at the dragon king with her Wyvern??

Since he can spit quite far and the dmg seems to be overkill they should've just ended him right there. Was really infuritating how he just kept on walkin and fighting.

It's probably medieval retard-talk. They don't know much about chemistry so they just mark all unknown phenomena under "magic".

*Night King not dragon king fuck

Reminder that Cers 9/11-ing a church was the best moment in the show

Why do they think it's a good idea in the first place? They're literally arming Cersei. They have zero strategy.

Jorah and Jon spent weeks together on the journey to eastwatch, but only NOW they decide to talk about longclaw and their fathers?
Also, Clegane spent probably weeks in Tormund's cell and only NOW Tormund decides to talk to him and learn his name?

Pretty sure if you get killed beyond the wall you get turned regardless due to magic.

>Sending the king of the north and the wildlings leader beyond the wall to capture a shitty zombie.

I honestly came when it happened.

why didn't they take horses in the first place?
lasso a wight and ride back off to eastwatch safe and sound

you don't have to be killed at all. the baby that they turned in season 2 was alive.

>She already is in possession of an undead
Do people actually know that Ser Robert Strong is really just Gregor brought back to life?

>Do people actually know that Ser Robert Strong is really just Gregor brought back to life?
They didn't even attempt to hide his identity in the show. Everybody is aware that it's Clegane, Pycelle is talking about it in a council meeting.

Another thing that didn't make sense to me is the ice chunk chucked at the dragon exploding? How does that happen? Ice shouldn't explode like that shoud it now?

Why not send 20 good men instead of John

Simple. It's d&d once again forcing their bias and opinions on the characters. They're determined to keep their precious Lena Headey to the end at the cost of all logic and character motivation.

where are my based aarrgh posters

hey i know this confuses a lot of people, but i can clear it up for you, its a fantasy tv show, it's not real

BAIT.
All of these questions were already asked AND answered.

Mods, you gotta delete these repost threads.

It hit the lungs filled with flame.

But OP is right about everything. None of it makes sense. I just watch for the dragons and potential Jon/Dany fuck scene.

The dragon didn't explode. His fire sac got burst open and started leaking.

AZOR GWYN

The spear tip was coated with dabids writing

None of it makes sense within the confines of the show's universe. It's just writers either getting lazy or being underpaid or bad writers.

I've all but given up on the show. I'll keep watching it but I don't really care about the fates of any of the characters anymore.

>benjen arrived and died within 15 seconds

Why did they get his death over with so quickly when they could have extended it for drama?

The reason the Night King didn't attack the squad is because he knew Dany was going to save them and would come with 3 dragons.

This whole trap was set by the Night King so he could get a dragon to join his army.

>Okay, so the ice was weakened blah blah blah
Or just rush the unfrozen lake en masse and cross it on the bottom or by swimming. It's not like the undead can get hypothermia or need to breathe.

Come to think of it, the story of Dark Souls has a lot of similarities with the Azor Ahai prophecy.

The actor is paid by the minute.

Internal logic senpai

>None of it makes sense within the confines of the show's universe.
Self-consistency stopped being a thing ages ago.

Why didn't Jon try to give back longclaw to little loli mormont instead of Jorah which he probably assume he'll never meet?

They had no time.

actors agent realised his contract shown he had one line left of dialogue to fulfill before he could be paid.

they didnt have time with all those zombies coming at them to have an emotional farewell

I wish Emilia and Maisie were paid by the second.

You can't hold fire in a sac, fire needs a constant supply of oxygen.

Sexism

>riots in KL over blown up Sept and lack of food anytime now

Why didnt drogon explode when Bron puncture him? For the plot or it had some logic behind it? Also if dragons are so fragile whats the point of having one? Just shower it with balista fire, one dude will get lucky and hit the gas tank right?

the baby got turned into a white walker didnt it?
not a run of the mill wight

>if anything she would try to use it to her advantage against them.
This is exactly what's going to happen
>Why the 3 dragons?
Muh Jon
>>Uncle Ben
>Shit was so contrived,
Agreed

The sac produces a highly reactive chemical which catches fire on contact with oxygen. The spear hit the sack, or the vessels transporting the chemical to the mouth.

You're not an intellectual, stop trying to act like it. Just move on.

maybe its some sort of dragon napalm that ignites on contact with air

It was hit in its suspension of disbelief, user.

It's not fire in a sac. It's some sort of liquid that ignites when exposed to air. Hence the "explosion" when the sac was pierced.

Or something. I don't know man.1

The spear was made from frozen wildfire

If the season 8 leaks are true, then Jon becomes the king of the seven kingdoms, dany dies, but gives birth to Lyanna Targaryen and Sansa gets the North and House Stark

fuck this gay shit

Jon dies in a wildfire explosion, tho.

any links to season 8 scripts?

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME, THE ICE SPEAR DIDN'T FUCKING EXPLODE, THE DRAGON WAS BREATHING FIRE, IT GOT HIT WHILE DOING IT, FIRE LEAKED OUT, THAT'S IT. JUST STOP AND THINK BEFORE CONSTANTLY POSTING THIS SHIT YOU CUNTS.

ebik bait mate

>Why didn't they take dragonstone to fight walkers, they were already mining it?
>why didn't all walkers break under Jons sword?
>How fast do ravens and dragons fly
>Why dragons can be onehit with 120cm spear thrown from the ground?
I don't see so many asspulls, plotarmors and plotdevices in my chinese cartoons as I've seen in this one episode. My middle school essays were better written.

>Jon gets hit by a wildfire explosion
>Walks outunscathed
"Fire cannot kill a dragon"

Why didn't Jon try to talk to the Night King?

uM no sweetie, it exploded

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME IF I WANT ICE SPEARS TO EXPLODE THEY EXPLODE DON'T RUIN MY FUN YOU CUNT

Are you guys baiting with half this shit
I genuinely despise this season of the show, I know DnD have no source material anymore but it's became a fucking travesty

HOWEVER, some of these points are flat out retarded.

>Why don't they just kill a prisoner at the wall
The white walkers have to turn the dead you sperg

>The ice, why didn't they just kill them etc etc
The Night King is a greenseer like Bran, he wanted Dany to come so he could try take out a dragon or two. Do you really think someone with his powerlevel just waited for no apparent reason? He knew Dany and her dragons would come.

>Gendry and the raven
I can't exactly criticise that one, I agree that was retarded

>If the season 8 leaks are true
They're not, it's r*ddit fic.

>falls into sub zero waters
>swims out just fine
"Nor can cold kill a stark."

Worst poison known by mankind. Even 'strayan spiders fear it.

Jon isn't fireproof. His hand was burned back in season 2.

pretty sure he'd know by now if he was immune to fire

It's magic. Stop over thinking magic

how's that?

and what about the ice spear exploding? white walker technology? lmao

1. Thing made of ice
2. Enormous container full of fire

These two collide. Where does the fire come from? The answer might surprise you.

I'm pretty sure explosions killed enough Targs

But I thought GoT was supposed to be the thinking man's more realistic fantasy show?

>Tyrion tells Lyanna she will rule the Seven Kingdoms one day. He explains that the North and the Vale are currently ruled by Lady Sansa Stark, the only remaining Stark child and that she’s married to Lord Gendry Baratheon, Lord of the Stormlands. The Riverlands are ruled by Edmure Tully. Tyrion himself is in charge of Casterly Rock at the moment, but the castle is left unoccupied still. The Reach is ruled by Lord Samwell Tarly, son of Randyll Tarly. The Iron Islands on the other hands are currently ruled by Yara Greyjoy. Lyanna asks about Dorne, on which Tyrion answers that Dorne is now ruled by one of Oberyn’s daughters. She has been married to a man who has always dreamt of owning a castle and having a fine young lady.

THEY BETTER BE FUCKING FAKE

>Jon and Daenerys sleep together in a hut. Daenerys finally tells Jon that she’s pregnant with his child. Jon is surprised and expresses his happiness toward Daenerys. He jokes that this is the only good thing that happened to them at the moment. He also wonders about their child’s health since they’re family. Daenerys comforts Jon, the Targaryens have been inbreeding for years and she’s perfectly healthy. Daenerys thinks she’s having a son again, and asks Jon what he would name their son. Jon thinks he should be named after the greatest person he knew in his life, the one that saved his life, his uncle Ned. He wants his son to be named Eddard Targaryen. Daenerys repeats the name and smiles. She says she likes it very much. The two start to kiss in their hut. Jaime visits Brienne’s hut as well. Brienne grieves over Podrick’s death, telling him that Podrick was the last person to deserves to die like that. Jaime agrees telling Brienne that he was a good lad and he was lucky to have been around Brienne all that time.

As shitty as the writing in this show is, people on Sup Forums try way too hard to nitpick. There are explanations in the show for most of the "plotholes" that anons whine about.

>>The ice, why didn't they just kill them etc etc
The Night King is a greenseer like Bran, he wanted Dany to come so he could try take out a dragon or two. Do you really think someone with his powerlevel just waited for no apparent reason? He knew Dany and her dragons would come.

I agree with all this except wouldn't he already know that he would have been able to use his army to cross the ice before the hound threw the rock?

Yes, but this is Dabid logic I'm talking

>ice melts and covers the fire thing
>should be no fire any more
You tell me genius

so exploding ice spears. who can actually stop him?

If they just waited them out and didn't give them a dragon would the whitewalker army have even got past the wall?

KILL THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE

>We end with a scene in the far far North, in the Lands of Always Winter. A single White Walker rides to and brings the body of Bran Stark to an altar. Remember that the Night King stabbed Bran in episode 2. He was stabbed in the heart with Dragonglass. He performs a certain ritual and Bran opens his eyes. They’re bright blue. The White Walker puts a crown on Bran’s head and the altar slowly changes into one of ice. Winter is coming…

they simply cant be the true leaks

Would be kinda cool if all the houses were immune to different elements that they represent like how Targaryen is immune to fire but also Stark could be immune to cold that'd be cool and also the Baratheons are immune to storm, greyjoys to water, Mormonts to bears, Lannisters to gold etc etc

That's super gay. I hope you didn't make that up yourself

>lannister army not routing instantly as soon as they see dragons coming or as soon as a dragon made the first pass at them

even spartans ran away

Nearly slept with emilia clarke in a dream last night. She was leading me up some stairs taking her clothes off. And then i woke up.

Gwyn was the 'prince who was promised'. He stopped the advance of the dark by sacrificing a big chunk of his soul and turning hollow/"cindered". Now a new azor ahai is required and the chosen undead is the one.

Fire = lord of light
Dark = Others

-They had dragonglass on them.
-Walkers are white walkers, not the undead, this is not the walking dead. Only fire completely instakills the undead, valyrian steel and dragonglass is for the white walkers.
-The supersonic ravens and dragons are the biggest deus ex machina in the show tho, complete BS.
-The Others' weaponry is said to cut normal armor like butter and shatters steel like nothing, I guess dragon skin wasn't too tough for their weapons. Night King has quite the arm tho.

Learn to greentext you Reddit faggot