7 more episodes just doesn't seem like enough to finish the story

it's not enough and the show is irredeemable garbage
i still watch it

Aren't they double length or something for the final season.

i dont understand it, is the fx budget for the dragons and the walkers eating up 3 episodes worth of story, or is hbo profit skimming like amc?

isn't next season supposed to be 1.5/2hrs each episode?

Its not. If we wanted proper motivations, some decent final character arcs and some time to wrap it all up after the big final event we need much more than what we have. It feels like everyone just got out of their traning periods to get to where they need to be, this would be a little over half way in any competent series

Wages are paid by episode, so you can only increase VFX budget by reducing the number of episodes.

have you ever tried making 3d stuff? they probably got a thousand guys just working on that fucking dragon.

When you say double you mean have 53 minute episodes go to 88 minute ones, having less episodes than this season and overall only getting 69 extra minutes?
In that case; yes.

it will be LOST kind of ending, mark my words
they will just leave shit (character arcs, mysteries, time travel etc) open
screenshot this and prepare for butthurt

Hey anons when will the last episode air approximately?

Wait, the last season is only gonna be 5 episodes?

The budget calls for massive expense so in order to have more budget for their episodes they condensed their format because even the faggots at HBO started seeing the episodes DnD puts out as arduous and the worst shit to pass as good since the last episode.
The execs dont give a shit about show

I don't get it, surely got is a money printing machine? Why didn't they just give them a near blank cheque for two ten episode seasons?

Even if they made a loss on the investment the publicity and adoration from the public for HBO would mean all their series' they create from now on will get more viewers and more money

Aug 27th.

Oh great, that means only a week or two more of this surface-level dogshit thread infestation on this board that I have to put up with, thanks user appreciate it.

>he thinks this will end with last episode
hahah user, you're in for a long and wild ride

Nah. Spin-off shows and prequels is where it's at nowadays.

>no game of thrones or any capeshit whatsoever released for three months straight
The future is looking bright

I think D&D just want to be done with it.

I'm seeing a spin-off sitcom with hot pie, the tavern staff and random travelers, with every season ending in a food fight

They have no plot, just padding.

Doesn't matter how long it drags, padding is still padding.

I'd watch that.

>is hbo profit skimming

More like the cunt actors asking for millions per episode now

This was my understanding, too. They didn't wanna pay everyone crazy money for an extra season, so they went through a loophole to get the remaining eps of their contract but across two shittily short seasons. Fucking lame. Whatever, the show's going to hell anyway. Might as well go full Dexter with this shit.

>4 more episodes just doesn't seem like enough to finish the story

Apparently all they have to do is get NK near dragon glass, valyrian steel, dragon fire, or wildfire and the long night is over forever. It's easy as fuck, especially considering he isn't shy about leading from the front. Hell, Dany could have done it in the episode that leaked yesterday. He was saved by plot contrivance. Which is also what is keeping Cersei on the throne. Realistically all the villains should already be dead, so if anything the show has been dragging on for too long.

Which is why they gave everybody teleportation

Episode 6 was literally 40m of action and 30m of filler conversations writen by Dumb&Dumber offspring. There's not enough material for the predictable end that is to come anymore. Just be done with it

This desu

They have the sets, costumes and locations already. They could easilly extend it from 8 episodes to 10 for this season having the same amount of plot progression but allowing for just more character development and interaction.

I mean hell, 1-2 more scenes of Sam and Gilly at citadel wouldn't have hurt. An extra scene with the Tarlies wouldn't have hurt. An exta 3-4 scenes of the taking of highgarden and Lannisport wouldn't have hurt. Not necessarilyl battle scenes but scenes of characters discussing the consequences of the battle and/or lead up to it. An extra scene discussing the lack of Dorne from here on in between Kaime and Cersei would be fine...

Etc etc.. There could easilly be plenty of exposition scenes to explain why the world continues on the way it is giving context for example why say Dorne is now supposedly completely out of the picture and more say background on Euron etc.

They could easilly do any of the that, with extra scenes on the sets they already have.

But they don't. I think they just want to be done...

That's ten hours. If you can't tell a story in ten hours it's a shit story full of filler.

This.

This season easily could have been 10. Hell, one of the main criticisms of the season, the teleporting, could easily been fixed with a few travel scenes mixed in.

D&D just want to be done and move on to their next project.

>be a shit actor
>literally impossible to get fired from a massively popular show
>know that your future acting gigs are going to be slim pickings

I don't blame them for milking what they can out of the GoT situation.

>need to end the show asap
>introduce teleporting
>have no time for character development and explaining important plot points
>ok now let's show that daenerys servant translator lady and dickless main soldier guy fucking

spin off about robberts rebellion
spin off about bran the builder
spin off about ser duncan & egg

lots of possible spin offs for got.

ok but the most important thing is - where's Mega download links?

reddit

What story lol? The only plotline left is Dany/Jon vs White Walkers with a 'surprise' betrayal by Cersei. I can't see how it's gonna be stretched out another season without adding filler shit.

you forgot somebody & his dragon controlling horn

its enough if they hurry it up with teleports and highschool tier dialog like in this season

Is there even a story to finish

this

one of my favourit thing about old GoT was seeing the military campaigns traveling and the leaders sitting in their tents with armour discussing tactics, such a nice aesthetic. As you say they have the costumes etc, why couldn't we get a couple more Lord Tarley scenes, maybe him a Jaime discussing the sieg and what not

What's left?

>JxD
>kill off NK
>kill off the dragons
>kill off some minor characters
>remove Cersei + cohorts, preferably through imprisonment
>set up some status quo (houses successors, new NK, discover dragon eggs)

Theres not much left to the story. It can definitely end in seven more eps.

Fight White Walkers. Get rid of Euron and Cersei.

Since the latest episode established that killing chief White Walkers will end the threat of the undead that made getting to that step of defeating them that much easier.

The pace it's going, they could finish it in the next episode.

probably not
they said this season would be longer, but most of the episodes were under 1 hour
I expect the same from the last one

Fuck it dude, just end it already, from a good written show it became Dungeons and Dragons tier fanfic.

Fucking bait and switch and fuck me for even starting to watch this shit!

HOW DOES THE WALKING DEAD HAVE MORE SEASONS THAN THIS??

HOW DOES A SHOW ABOUT PEOPLE LIVING IN ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE HAVE MORE THAN THIS HOW HOW

>Season 5 had one of the strongest openings with these guys
>all of them gets killed off in 1 scene a short while later
>D&D state that they are finishing the show early because they have run out of ideas

M O N E Y

I wish they started making got now instead of 5 years ago or whatever.

>Since the latest episode established that killing chief White Walkers will end the threat of the undead that made getting to that step of defeating them that much easier.
HOLY SHIT this is so dumb if true...

So if they kill a Chief White Walker, all rest die around him?

OMG REALLY

If HBO want more money why not extend GoT instead of finishing it off so early?

It's literally the ONLY show worth watching and when it ends, so will me watching anything on tv

I hope this story does end, but it doesn't have to be the end of got. There's still the story of the mad king they can portray with mmany well liked characters involved like ned, king Robert, etc. Think gotham.

What's next for the plot, do we already know? What's gonna happen to the stark and Lannister?

Because actors paychecks are over inflated and lets be real here 90% of the people watching GoT are pirating it, it has something more than 9milion people watching episodes on pplmeter...

>Not just making one big season of 14 episodes
>7 seasons
>7 kingdoms
Would have been a good poetry

Show ends with most of the main characters dead including Jon and Danny, their daughter lyanna becomes queen of all the kingdoms with tyrion as hand/ regent lord. Bran dies in episode 2 in the assault on winterfell but in the final scene of game of thrones he is revived by the walkers and becomes the new night king and the final words he says are winter is coming.

God damn what a shit ending.

REAL WOMAN DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Indeed it did.

Its just like The Phantom Menace now.

Must be why the Night King looks like Darth Maul.

they always seemed like something out of Elder Scrolls to me

what the fuck the story went to shit this season

everything seems so rushed

>isn't next season

I thought this was the final season did they add one

What do you mean? They are not only teleporting, they are moving through time, 3 episodes would probably suffice

>Its just like The Phantom Menace now.
Phantom Menace has intelligent writing

>they always seemed like something out of Elder Scrolls to me
The Elder Scrolls 4 seems so much like Game of Thrones

>Sean Bean is in it.
>The Blades are the The Night's Watch
>Near the end of the game the evils from the Oblivion Gates emerge out into open and wreck havoc all across the land
>Sean Bean sacrifices himself near the end into a giant dragon as he does battle with the gate of Hell's evil dragon

>actually believing this

they said the same about this season and look what we have

neither did 7 more chapters of naruto. but he somehow did it.

say no more

>they said the same about this season and look what we have
last episode is 70 mins?

this is how you spot reddit

he doesn't even know about the year round got general, hahaha

naruto is better than this shit.

I WANT TO PLAY LIKE THIS

Spoilers: Shitty people win and you wasted your time

Obviously, user-sama.

Omg 10 extra minutes wow

sorry user but that mod is most likely a never ever

nobody cared about this shit anyway, it's just filler really

I don't think I can take anymore of this fucking bullshit.

just turned it off after this scene. fuck got, fuck D&D and fuck the people that continue to watch this shit.

Tyrion and Sansa are going to rule Westeros together when it's all said and done, they are the last two people who actually care about their country and its politics.

jfc. source my good man

>The rape Sansa

>implying naruto up to the sasuke rescue arc wasn't god tier

fuck you

lmao, buttfrustrated much?
when will you manlets learn?

>brainlet didn't understand LOST

Here's how I imagine it ending. Dany fights snow zombies. Cersei is about to do something crazy for her le ebin betrayal plan. Jaime kills cersei. Tyrion convinces Dany to spare Jaime. Dany and John take throne. Dany starts going full mad queen. Madder than cersei literally burns children and women alive. Feeds John to dragon when he protests like the good boy he is. Jaime kills her. Show ends with Jaime and Tyrion sitting on a balcony in the red keep. Tyrian says 'well Jaime you did the job I couldn't do". Jaime responds "well yeah, I'm not some midget beta like you". Tyrian gives Jaime a fuck you look. Jaime responds "hey don't give me that you killed dad you little shit". And they live happily ever after

Do they fuck though?

Wait... there is only one more season left of GOT and they're ending it? What the fuck..

WHY.

Obviously

They have to fight each other a little bit more, fight the white walkers, then conclude it. Shouldn't be that long.

I don't mind, even if it were longer it would still be shit and at this point I just want it to be over.

>7 episodes
wait what the fuck
i thought there were 8 this season?

>Eastwatch is now the most watched episode in the show's history
And HBO wanna stop making a show that keeps getting more popular... why?

Nope. Only one more episode and then we have to wait an entire year for the others :^)

You should read romance of the three kingdoms

Actor salaries and they're out of ideas, but there are three unnamed spinoffs in the works.

Well shit, guess Sup Forums and reddit are one now