Interesting Movie Trivia

>David Fincher allowed few bathroom breaks during filming for ZODIAC. Robert Downey Jr. then began pissing on Mason jars and hiding them throughout the set to provoke Fincher.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eGtVthP1b2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Gwyneth Paltrow's prosthetic head, used in the box scene from the 1995 movie SE7EN, was not a prosthetic, but her actual severed head.

kek

if only

>Robert Downey Jr. then began pissing on Mason jars

well i'm sure he was provoked, imagine walking onto set and finding a bunch of piss covered jars stacked next to your chair

old men need to go alot

Is that why they never show us what's in the box?

>In Midnight Cowboy, Ratso is talking to his new buddy, Joe Buck, as the two men walk down a busy New York City sidewalk. As their feet leave the curb and they proceed to cross the street, a cab nearly takes out Ratso. He responds by slamming his hand on the hood of the car and yelling, "I'm walkin' here! I'm walkin' here!"

>There's some dispute about whether or not Dustin Hoffman improvised the line, but if he did, it has to rank highly among the most famous improvised lines of all time.

>The line was improvised but the unknown truth about the scene is that the driver of the car was a hired assassin trying to murder Dustin Hoffman on set

>>The line was improvised but the unknown truth about the scene is that the driver of the car was a hired assassin trying to murder Dustin Hoffman on set
is this supposed to be funny?

When Tom Holland auditioned for the role of Spider-Man in "Spider-Man Homecoming" he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that RDJ bought was a child prostitute. Tom Holland bought a school books.

if i wanted funny i would just ask your 1 rep max

fuck you i chuckled, rainman is legit

Hey I'm laughing here. I'm laughing here.

>a school books
keep studying Tom

>David Fincher is said to have assigned interns to collect these jars of urine which he then used as personal refreshment during the day.

>For the Russian roulette scene in The Deer Hunter De Niro insisted that there be a live round in the gun each take, however they took precautions to ensure that the round was not in the chamber

>Fincher did 99 takes for the opening scene in The Social Network, he intentionally and consciously decided not to do one more to make it an even 100 takes
can we have more autistic directors please?

>Granny's peach tea from Batman vs Superman (2016) was an actual jar of urine left there by Jesse Eisenberg, the cast found out only after they were done shooting

actually got me to LOL

>While doing promotional interviews for the film, The Dark Knight Rises, Tom Hardy stated that the most difficult parts of the movie to shoot were the flight scenes. Not because of the physicality of them, but because he was such a big Batman fan growing up, that he said "it felt like I was beating up my childhood hero". However, he also said that despite his worship of the character, the moment Christopher Nolan yelled "Action"!, Hardy just started throwing punches as hard as he could.

Wrong board Bro

With his first paycheck from friends, Matt Leblanc bought one hot meal

>During the filming of Zodiac Fincher stopped shooting a scene when he noticed that Jake Gyllenhaal had a ball point pen in his shirt pocket and told him to get rid of it since they didn't have ball point pens at the time

>For the scene depicting the Lake Beryessa attack Fincher helicoptered in the same kind of trees that were at the actual crime scene

>When Mark Buffalo arrives at the Paul Stein crime scene, the entire background and neighbourhood was green screen

He must be starving by now then

Somehow I doubt these are true...

Fincher also digitally added extra hair to Gyllenhaal's fingers in a close up because he thought Jake's hands were too feminine.

>In July 2012, Bale met with the families of Aurora Theater Massacre victims. After a brief interview in which he expressed his condolences and hope for closure, he reportedly burst out laughing and made machine gun noises and mimicked shooting a gun into the crowd. He then picked up the child of a deceased victim and whispered into her ear "Your dad's dead, bitch", and proceeded to put on a pair of sunglasses and unleash a barrage of martial arts attack on the small child. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead due to extreme trauma. When asked later about the incident, Bale became visibly sexually aroused and repeated the same attack on the reporter.

>Jake Gyllenhaal had a ball point pen in his shirt pocket and told him to get rid of it since they didn't have ball point pens at the time

Yes they fucking did.

my name isn't max you asshole!

>Mark Buffalo

piss jugs and deer hunter are confirmed real

>Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Lena Headey who play the incestuous Lannister twins in "Game of Thrones" are real life brother and sister

>Due to an experiment gone wrong that accidentally created several clones of Sean Bean, Hollywood now takes advantage of that so that they can kill a Sean Bean clone in every movie he "dies" in.

>During the filming of Zodiac, Mark Ruffalo's character has a habit of eating Animal Crackers. This was written into the script after the actor, known for his feminist activism, developed a real life Animal Cracker craving due to his elevated estrogen levels and low testosterone causing bizarre food cravings

Proof faggot

The first patent for a ballpoint pen was issued on 30 October 1888, and the events of Zodiac occurred in 1889

>they had 1980 technology in 1889

didn't know Zodiac was science fiction

Glad I could educate you, sweetie

>It was at this point that editor Billy Weber came on board, and they spent 13 months in post-production and the last four months mixing the film, using four Avid machines with a fifth added at one point.[15] Malick edited the footage one reel at a time with the sound off while listening to a Green Day CD.[16]

thank u daddy

It might have just been that Greysmith didn't use one, I just remember hearing Fincher got autistic about a pen

>"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
>Great line from Silence of the Lambs everyone knows. But most people don't realise Dr Hannibal Lecter is making a medical joke.
>Lecter could be treated with drugs called monoamine oxidase inhibitors - MAOIs. As a psychiatrist, Lecter knows this.
>The three things you can't eat with MAOIs? Liver, beans, wine.

O shit, that's epic! My friends will love that one! :D

what the fuck

only NASA used ballpoints back then, it was spacetech, they invented them so they could write in zero gravity. everyone on earth still dipped sticks in ink.

What don't you fucking understand? The cinema was slaughtered, you and I, we're done.

Batman was in the plane scene?

seriously?

He was flying behind and around the plane. Shots of the plane were made through his perspective
t. director commentary owner

>During filming for 2014's Transformers: Age of Extinction, director Michael Bay was approached by local crooks who attempted to extort protection money from the production crew. When Bay refused, one of the crooks threw a nearby air-conditioner at him in a fit of rage, which was the inspiration for the scene in which Mark Wahlberg's and Titus Welliver's characters fight on the side of a building using air-conditioners as a weapons.

>In Return of the King when Faramir is on the burning pyre, the fire was not done by CGI. They had a fire burning off to the side out of frame and used a mirror to reflect that fire through the camera lens to make it look like the pyre was burning

if true this would easily be the best one ITT

how much do you trust IMDB trivia?

The unfinished film was screened for the New York press on December 1998 and Adrien Brody attended a screening to find that his originally significant role, "to carry the movie",[17] as he put it, had been reduced to two lines and approximately five minutes of screen time. On April 15, 2001, an interview with Brody revealed that he was still upset over the removal of his work. He expressed his opinions in an interview with the London newspaper The Independent:

I was so focused and professional, I gave everything to it, and then to not receive everything ... in terms of witnessing my own work. It was extremely unpleasant because I'd already begun the press for a film that I wasn't really in. Terry obviously changed the entire concept of the film. I had never experienced anything like that... You know the expression 'Don't believe the hype'? Well, you shouldn't.[18]

No, NASA did not develop the ball point pen for use in space. It was just marketing from the actual company.

user..

stahp being trolled and/or replying to yourself

wasn't there someone else who showed up to the premier to find out he was cut out entirely? I think it might have been for The New World

>In 2004, during the filming of The New World, Malick forced Christopher Plummer to climb a tall oak tree. The task was very difficult for Plummer, who was 74 at the time, and took 3 unsuccessful attempts before Malick was satisfied with his performance [12]. This footage was not used in the final film.

>X-Men: First Class (2011) is the second time that January Jones has been cast opposite an actor with a pork-based name. The first was in Mad Men opposite John Hamm and then in First Class alongside Kevin Bacon.

>In Fight Club the original "pillow talk' scene had Marla saying "I want to have your abortion". When this was objected to by Fox 2000 Pictures President of Production Laura Ziskin, David Fincher said he would change it on the proviso that the new line couldn't be cut. Ziskin agreed and Fincher wrote the replacement line, "I haven't been fucked like that since grade school". When Ziskin saw the new line, she was even more outraged and asked for the original line to be put back, but, as per their deal, Fincher refused

What a beautiful plane. We should have made these instead of F-35s.

i made this image 5 years ago
youve made me happy, user

Has malick ever responded?

>In Sam Raimi's Spider Man 3, when Peter Parker (Tobey Maguire) is partying down the street you can briefly spot Sam Raimi himself making a cameo walking past donning a "kill the jews" t-shirt

Yes but the child prostitute was Tom Holland so he technically got paid twice.

>orcposting died but Raimi-posting lives on
at least one of them made it

>but, as per their deal, Fincher refused
How did she not know that was going to backfire?

she simply didn't know how much of a pervert Fincher is
youtube.com/watch?v=eGtVthP1b2Q

smart as a spider

>The first producer ever in Los Angeles was actually named Hollywood. He shed the name and let it take on its own image due to his involvement with Freemasons.

>The only person to discover this truth was Forrest Whitaker. Whitaker has parleyed this knowledge into a movie career. An initial attempt to sabotage his efforts with a surprise torpedo in a reshoot Crying Game actually had the opposite effect. He still gets work today based on this blackmail

>During the filming of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, Raimi exclusively hired stuntmen with a Jewish background. None of them survived the shooting process.

>Verne Troyer has been RDJ's stunt double since Iron Man

>None of them survived the shooting process.
I heard Raimi himself lined them up and executed them one by one with the .38

he only responds to God

Hello, Reddit

Jej

>Despite Bane being a big guy for CIA, Tom Hardy isn't actually a big guy for anyone.

Do they fuck kids together?

frustrated that he couldn't slip away and do a line?

>when Fincher thought of casting Whitaker in Panic Room he knew him primarily as a director and not an actor