Why did this show become so shit after season 2?

Why did this show become so shit after season 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*episode 2*

it's completely shit apart from episode 1 & 3 of the first season

smartness powerlevels

Show started to focus more on characters' relationships and less on the cases.

>after season 2

I was enjoying myself until season 2 finished, after that I was watching it to just finish it off and really didn't care.

Never actually liked the show, Brits tend to overdramatize their shows. Filled with overacting and cheesy dialogs. If you are a true fan of Arthur Conan Doyle's works, then you would agree that Jeremy Brett was the best and almost perfect portrayal of SH.

best scene of the show

Benedict and Martin hate each other, that might be why. Irl i mean.

Wonen

It became shit after season 1. Some would argue after episode 1.

writers ran out of ideas so they just pumped it with fanservice to keep it running

Steven Moffat

Some would argue after the pilot

Nah, user. All of Moffat's episodes were good. The Gatiss ones were shit though.

>that episode where they make fun of their own fanbase the exact fanservice was for.

i just wanted each episode to be about one case but it's half about a case and half about this branching story that's dumb

Even before season 3 only 2/3rds of the show was decent. Each season had one episode that was utter trash.

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM

Hbomberguy is such a piece of shit that his arguments actually made me like Sherlock a little more.

Because it became a parody on itself. Straight after opening scene where fans described their theories it was clear that we gonna witness some fandom pandering of an unknown scale.

That may be the case, but the season 3 finale is the best episode of the show.

I seem to remember an episode where they were supposed to explain how the main character supposedly survived after comitting suicide, then at the end, they really don't tell what actually happened. It was the episode my friends used to get me to like the series, but I decided to skip it.

read the books, this dreck is written worse than fanfiction

Well said. I don't know about the over dramatisation but you're right. This show wasn't excellent to begin with and Jeremy Brett is arguably one of the best Sherlock Holmes I've watched.