I really hate this fucker. This isn't a character, it's a "get out of writing free" card...

I really hate this fucker. This isn't a character, it's a "get out of writing free" card. Seven fucking years of telling a story, and it all gets wiped away clean because now they gotta go kill the retarded ice zombies. You could have skipped literally everything after the prologue. None of it matters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Seven fucking years of telling a story
Seven fucking years of saying winter is coming. Pay more attention.

WIGHT POWER

Oh shit. Oh my god. Oh good lord. HOW DID I NOT CATCH THAT?

literally kys.

fuck. off.

true

Id agree if they were just introduced s5 but damn the white walkers were in the very first scene of the first ever episode, it's been about them all along.

I pictured grrm writing a great war with jon, danerys the dragon queen, the dwarf tyrion, his brother jaime and their mad sister queen all fighting ice zombies and he kept expanding it, and expanding it, their families, lineages, more lcoations, more history and so on until he wrote this story. But it's always been about this, these characters against the ice zombie invasion.

Much better if it was just literal winter and it was put into play with all the other political factors. Having dragons vs zombies makes all the other shit irrelevant. Who fucking cares about Joffrey, the war of the five kings, some dick heads, etc. if there's a whole war for survival going on.

The show is over. Really. It stopped at the red wedding, and season 4 was an epilogue. The White Walkers were important as a distant threat and that's all - it was essential to make the show great as it was without ever being expanded on. The delivery - though necessary, contractually speaking and in terms of audience expectation - is pretty much irrelevant.

the books were originally meant to be just 3 books

A game of thrones, a clash of kings, a storm of swords

aka the War of Five Kings or seasons 1-4.

it was seven years of origin story for the stark kids showing how they got their magic powers

it would have been silly to see a zombie boss fight and not have any background on the Stark Avengers

This show is for women and man children. You people are pathetic.

It took you seven years to realize that got is shit?

>I really hate this fucker.
I hope he wins so so I can see your Got faggot faces cringe.
YAHAHAHAH!!

winter has been coming for 7 years. i want to see some fucking action.

dragons BTFO

game of thrones (the war of the 5 Kings and the victory of the Lannisters)
dance with Dragons (the Daenerys invasion)
winds of winter (white walkers)
that's was the original plan of 3 books.

he doesn't care if he wins or not nigga.It's not about the character, it's about this guy retconning everything on universe.The show will end with him either way.

where do you guys suggest i watch game of thrones season 7 ???? pls

He's climate change.

F R O M T H E D U S T Y M E S A

>the books were originally meant to be just 3 books
>A game of thrones, a clash of kings, a storm of swords
>aka the War of Five Kings or seasons 1-4.
The Others (white walkers) were literally in the prologue of the first book you dipshit. The war of 5 kings was always meant to be contrasted as a distraction to what actually mattered.

On the internet.

can somebody post that webm with a dragon ressurection?

WIGHT PRIDE

Yea this. GRRM really likes to fuck around in the middle. Problem is he tried to string all this stuff together and not arc it out.

the war of the five kings is what made asoif interesting, not the boring faggy magic ice zombies and muh epic dragons you can find in a million lotr knock offs

>Who fucking cares about Joffrey, the war of the five kings, some dick heads, etc. if there's a whole war for survival going on

That is the whole point you brainlet
At the end of the day all these squabbles and fighting about who wears the crown becomes irrelevant if a massive force of nature comes and destroys Westeros
Everybody has to come together or risk destruction from the others/climate change

it really is ironic that in universe the war of the 5 kings is supposed to be everyone distracted from the true threat but really that, stannis' adventures and the warring countries of westeros are far more interesting and engaging than white walker vs dragon shit.

then again, the books haven't gotten to the white walkers yet much, so they could feel more fleshed out, but in the show they just seem like generic evil force of nature.

it is kind of jarring, every arc and storyline is pointless, if Robert had never died and Dany's dragons never born they'd still be an army of ice zombies about to attack

GRRM set out to make something similar to 15th century warring europe. It is a intriguing story itself. He really wanted to subvert the fantasy trope of "good vs evil" but he's still falling into that. Zombies are just like orcs, evil bad-baddies that kill for no reason. The Starks by and large play the "good guys" too. He seemed to try so hard to avoid doing the cliche and we're ending up with it anyway.

no titdub, it is 21th century europe

Whatever we do, whatever we try, the ones behind the mediterranean are coming

Sauron isn't a character either, at least not in the movies. One-dimensional antagonists can work just fine, if there's enough else going on. The problem is that nothing else holds up in nuGoT. It's not just that he's boring, everything else is too.

remember to julienpost in ALL GoT threads. these cunts wont stay inside their general and something has to be done.

literally the first scene of the first episode
how did you not see this coming?

It's called "Game of Thrones"
>Game

I'd like to think that when they have him speak he'll just say all those Jonah Hill lines we came up with after that french slut made fun of him.

Oh yeah that brilliant origin story of, "Goes to another country and gets beat up."

I got this feeling too, one of the best parts of the show is there aren't any main characters who are just "le bad guys" they all have their own good reasons and motivations for their actions. The ice king? he's just a big evil wizard and fuck you because ice king magic

stories are always burdened by the fact they must be interesting. and conflict is what interests us. And conflicts have to have a winner and a loser. you can only run so far from the pattern. the pattern isn't just some random construct you can do away with. The heroes' journey persists because we LUUV it I LUUV JONSNOW

I thought this was a competition for seats?

>can see the future
>waited 4000 years or more for dragon to burn The Wall down
>bring cold and dark winter with him
>kill all

This is his theme: youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c

it is total bullshit. especially for the books. 35,000 pages of conceit to kill people off for narrative tension when the walkers come.

>telling a story
>Sunset found her squatting etc.
I for one want the White Walkers to win.

So the title is ironical and the books/series is some sort of modern commentary on global warming set in a fantasy world based on the middle ages?

you think rephraphising things ironically makes you correct