Why didn't they use the swords to get warm???

Why didn't they use the swords to get warm???

It's a fantasy show. Don't think too hard into it.

>don't think too hard into it
Just shut your brain off bro

Magic fire isn't hot. It only burns on a successful toHit roll, or else it would do Heat dmg to the wielder.

exactly what i thought user. also why didnt the night king lob a couple of spears at them while they were stranded like that? fckin retarded

Everything else made sense pre season 5 but yeah just turn your brain off bro

they are meaningless to him. Getting the dragons there was the only important thing

this is the actual reason for anyone wondering

>what is suspension of disbelief

Why didn't he snipe the stationary dragon

every shit show has to rely on suspension of disbelief

limited spears, best used on dragons, or anything else but puny humans really

Why are you acting like we should pretend GOT is good?
The writing has been shit and full of these consistency errors for like 3 seasons now. Time to get over it.

>limited spears
nice meme

Because people aren't perfect. Otherwise you'd have a great job, a house, a hot loyal girlfriend, friends and something better to do than bitch about TV show logic.

To be fair, I don't think they thought they were in immediate danger of freezing to death. Thoros died because he'd been mauled by a monster bear, leaving him weak.

With all of the characters on it? Well that would require logic and more filming. Also it's obvious Drogon's her favorite so they can't kill that one off.

They didn't freeze the priest died from getting mauled by a bear

why didn't he just lob over some of his minions. why didn't he lob them over the wall

It's what casual watchers say about nonsense in shows and movies "Just enjoy it turn your brain off". user was clearly referencing that kneejerk response.

il fucking lob you retard

Im pretty sure in the books its pointed out that the fire fucks up the sword

Why didn't the dragons just fly the captured wight to King's Landing?

that's literally what my mom said

It is, but nothing about that is mentioned in the show and I think the show plays it straight as magic fire and not a dust like in the books.

This was actually on the show too. Hound beat Beric by shattering his flaming sword and chopping his ass in half in a single swing.

this is an excellent point
he didn't know the dragons were coming, did he?
He can see in the past like Bran but not into the future.
They were so close together he could've hit 5 of them with one spear.
Especially if he waited for the night when it gets colder and they need to huddle together to not freeze to death.

But on the other hand i think it was established that he can freeze shit by just walking over it, so he could've made the lake freeze for his minions to attack.
Also he doesn't even know there are dragons in the world right now, they never flew past the wall.

So, yeah.

So we can have boat sex.

Night King (and GRRM) obviously wanted the white dragon, to match his whole winter shtick

Even though Viserion isn't really very white-looking any more in the show, nor is Rhaegal very green. Presumably because they love to suck all trace of colour out of the show

because firebrands cost mana

Why didn't he order undead to throw stones? Or each other? Torn off limbs even?

woah is that E for EPIC??????

you're implying he knew they had dragons and that they were on the way

Is there a "dullest franchise" version for this? Maybe it would help cull all these bullshit threads.

The Night King isn't a person with motives, he's more akin to a storm, and asking why he doesn't do rational things is like asking why a tornado doesn't hit a specific location that would cause the most damage

what i really wanna know is:
have we ever seen Undead Archers?
like, they seem to be able to swordfight,
another user in another thread even went so far as to propose that the wights actually MADE the chains that they dragged the dragon out of the lake with
sooo....are wights intelligent enough to use bows and arrows?

>throws spear at Drogon
>Drogon is biggest and not preoccupied, tanks it and flies away injured past the wall
>no dragon mount for NK

Viserion took the hit, crash landed, and drowned to death.

weren't they just made out of ice?

Of course he knew the dragons were coming. He's damn near omniscient at this point. He knows how the story ends, he's just playing his part while letting others play theirs.

My guess is Beric was gonna be a whiny cunt and say that it was abusing the lord's gift if anyone asked

well it fucking exploded

why were the wights so intent on freeing the captured one? this HAS to prove intelligent capability in more than just the white walkers, right? it was the wights who figured out they can intermittently walk along the ice to not break it, but was it also their doing to try and free the captured wight?

if it was the night king's doing, is he really so forethinking that he understood what they were trying to do by capturing an undead? they seemed EXTREMELY focused on getting past the defense and setting the prisoner loose, to the point where one of them was on fire and still trying to free it

is the night king precognitive? are wights sentient but just brainwashed?

The dragon exploded. He hit it in its gas tank organ that lit up from exposure to oxygen

Casuals fuck up everything, I recommended got to a friend who caught up in a month or so. Before he said he really wasn't interested and the first episode of season one wasn't all that great, now he fucking loves it and is jerking over this season as if it's the second coming of christ.

When I criticise it for the shit it's become, he tries to belittle what I say because "bro, it's just a show and it looks cool" or "don't look to deep into it"

I. Can't. Even.

for the same reason they did not keep breaking the ice to stop it from bridging the gap

Gotta disagree in some part, he definitely isn't a "person" with personal desires and character flaws, but he most certainly is a thinking and planning engine of war. If we're following the show lore, he is supposed to be the masterwork against all men. There was most definitely a reason for him not aiming at Drogon right away, just like there was a reason he didn't waste his spears on the group.

It wasn't that cold, the lake was barely frozen. Probably around -5c.

He doesn't have infinite amounts of oil (or what ever he is using). And wights get pretty much one shot by fire, so it's better to save it for them.

But why didn't he take loads of magic sword oil with him to share, so his team members had better fighting chance?

It was a trap

it's just a straight up boon from the lord of light, there isn't any oil or powder he's using, it could possibly just work like Sting though and only light up when in battle

i wouldn' call it "fighting", its more like swinging weapons around. Wielding a bow requires some degree of knowledge, which they don't possess.

also i'm not sure if a bow would work in freezing temperatures, like, wouldn't the string get brittle or the wood overly hard?

the cycle of the bow getting wet and then freezing from the snow would ruin the tensile strength and the tightness of the string and the bow itself would probably get misshapen and lose sturdiness, yea

i can guarantee you we're gonna see some missile action though once the whole wight vs the wall defense scenes start

i'd assume their magic spears are hard to make, as they haven't spam thrown them at any point of the series. i was thinking we'd see zombies climbing the wall and little more

no yea don't get me wrong, they're gonna FOR SURE have literally at least a 3 minute scene of just some wights world war z'ing up the wall and climbing it like monkies like that autistic scene way back when hodor got murked, but i am just as certain they'll pull the whole "we're safe up here, we have the ranged advantaged" and the one of the whitewalkers will raise their hand and a line of skelly archers will pop out of the mass of undead and start barraging the wall

No their not they'll just bring down the wall, no chance d&d are going to reisit having a shot of the wall collapsing, incidently this will kill everyone in castle black tying up the night watch story, bravo dabid

something Game of Reddit makes impossible

Viserion was fugged before she (he?) drowned, did you not see the massive hole in the neck with dragon fire spewing out and then a ton of blood

shut the fuck up you nerd

it would drain his mana and kill him

How did they make the fire sword anyways? Or is it just bullshit Lord of light magic? Why didn't the Lord of light give anyone else fire swords?

Because they're heretics and LoL is an Aztec tier asshole who only helps those who burn people in his name.

Why don't they "hit" some blankets?

They seem to have a fair degree of dexterity and coordination, and even are able to communicate visually with one another. Hard to buy they couldn't use a bow and arrow.

>fire priest
>dies of hypothermia
Pottery

Ice and chad magic

Classic projection

does dragon fuel melt steel valarian?

Look at this guy

The Hound blatantly says he froze. "Not the worst say to go".

he only had two ??

he was referring to dying in his sleep.

thats not what it means a shit show is shit because of inconsistency, bad acting, direction, writing, etc. Suspending disbelief is knowing that a fantasy world isnt real, or any tv show or movie someone likes.

Serious answer, by leaving them a means of escape, they ensured they would take it. If he had killed the dragon they were riding instead, then it's very likely, rather than try the same escape plan again, they would stand and fight and the Night King would now by dealing with two dragons fighting him to the death.

This way he gets a free dragon out of the deal and the other two leave without causing him any trouble. This is pretty basic Art of War stuff.

Where can I watch the episode?

Why didn't the just fuck Thoros like Tormund suggested?

Maybe he's not jerkin over it and happens to want to make conversation about it. God forbid he doesn't want to listen to any of your autistic spergs about shows you don't like.

It's the generic walker weapon.

you can only suspend so much

right here:

Thanks for this. This is an satisfying answer.

he would waste all his mana so he was saving it for the fight, you welcome :^)

Why didn't they smash the ice to keep a moat between them and the wights?

because that would weaken the ice all round them in case they had a chance to flee, also most of them didn't know 3 dragons would pop out to help them soon.

Why didn't he kill all 3 dragons instead of just one?

wigga just wanted a ride for him, his henchmen don't deserve one.

But user, he did.

You think it's a coincidence last season that he just happened to be at the tree at the same time Bran was astral projecting there?

You think it's a coincidence Jon's team meets a small group of wights and a Walker then get led to a lake?

You think it's a coincidence the dragon just so happened to land in the lake where the others couldn't burn it even if they wanted to?

Night King's been planning this shit out for years

This episode had more deus ex machinas in it than all other seasons combined.

Yeah, that seems right

Because Dabid and Don are fucking FAGGOTS... but the best fanfic explaination so far is this:

JUST SHUT YOUR BRAIN OFF BRAH

only asburgers care about consistency

did u see the Knight King chad chucking Viserian ? just marvel at the special effects and shut up

>effects and shut up

Literally every single battle resolves with a Deus Ex Machina in this story.

It's only that earlier ones were compelling and made motherfucking chronological and causal sense.

That's what I'm getting at, totally agree.

how in the fuck does dany showing up qualify as deus ex machina, we saw her leave dragonstone you sperglord

Was Jon Snows Uncle a white walker?

>a guy died and came back from the dead 6 times
Totally acceptable
>His sword is on fire
WTF THIS IS UNREALISTIC GOT JUMPED THE SHARK

>WTF THIS IS UNREALISTIC GOT JUMPED THE SHARK
Didn't that happen in S2 or 3 though? Or was that scene cut from the book?

Then why did he try to throw a SECOND ice spear? You all forgot about that?

>Drogon is twice the size of the other dragons with more scales
>He hits Drogon with spear, Drogon unaffected, turns around, blasts NK and his Captains with straight dragonfire

He did the right thing. The guy has been building an army for 12,000 years. Giants, Polar Bears, millions of zombies. Instead of hitting Drogon and not really hurting him, he hit Vyserion in the fire organ and exploded him, netting him a free dragon. He threw the spear when they were flying away because the dragon wasnt right there to incinerate blast him with fire.

Pretty sure these types of people don't even watch it, they just have it on in the background while they do something else.

Dragonstone is 1500 miles away.

Gendry ran like 25 miles south to the wall. (6 hours travel time)

A raven flew 1500 miles to call for dany. (3 days travel time)

The dany flew up 1500 miles. (3 days travel time)

Dany conducted a search of the frozen waste. (??? hours time)

So were they on that rock for a week?

Because a long sword +1, flametongue isn't a fucking long sword +3, frostbrand. Read a book.