Why do Americans pretend as though blacks aren't "really" American?

Why do Americans pretend as though blacks aren't "really" American?

If by Americans you mean Sup Forumstards and stormweenies
Nobody in real life considers them anything other than American

>The ones that built this place and work for it are the whites
>Only whites are REAL Americans

>taking ACTUAL ABORIGINAL AMERICANS out of the picture of America

Same reason you do

You're the only cunt in the world that differentiates blacks as 'African'-American.
That's fucking weird.

what about welsh brits scot brits and english brits

We do this? You guys really have a twisted view of this country

Because they are not us and Anerican means us

For the same reason you won't acknowledge a paki as a true british.

This is the part where I can't tell if the American is baiting or actually this dumb.

African-Americans
German-Americans
Irish-Americans
Mexican-Americans

It's about their origin

tell me the answer

Because they're just awful for the most part. Just plain awful.

So what are black Americans to you, then? Stateless?

That's fucking dumb, you are dumb.

Also, black is a lot more common in unofficial settings.

Kkkkkk

So? They're not from Africa, they're from America.

my god

nobody in america believes this except pol fags. I think the autistic american posters are beginning to warp the image of america to foreigners

What about americans?

>or actually this dumb.

We are European Americans they are African Americans, we will never view them the same as ys bwcause they are not us.

Africa is a continent, call them nigerian-americans, Congolese-Africans.

No white believes blacks are Americans or the same as them.

White subversives make up the leadees of democratic party but not tge voterbase.

That's fucked, and it's probably a big reason why racial tensions in your country are so high.

They didn't sprout in America
White is also split into European-Americans and the other "white" groups

No, I think they are american. If they aren't then only WASP are american and I'm sure a lot of Sup Forumsacks wouldn't be "really" american then.

"Black" is considered improper and sort of negative and "african American" is a more respectful term for black people.

You saying this doesnt happen in England for example? You're all equally english?

no

>They didn't sprout in America
Neither did you.

Not even Native Americans are considered "American"

British, but yeah. If someone is born here, they're British.

non ebonic blacks are no different than white people. I live in an area where blacks were so far in between that they sorta assimilated into white culture and left the ebonics behind.

>Why do Americans pretend as though blacks aren't "really" American?
When did we? They are American they just mostly have their own subculture.

African american and black is both wrong the real word for them is kangs

That's because blacks had no more to do with the building of this country than mules or any other beast of burden.

>Shart whose Central European grandparents hopped off the turnip boat in 1871 tells a black person whose American ancestors predate Jamestown that he didn't build this country
Why do they do this?

nationality yes, but you likely make distinctions based on ethnicity anyhow

Same reason why South Africa is much better under apartheid

Why do you people keep making such abysmal threads?

>Ameriniggers from Sup Forums who rooted for McGregor

only whites can be american dummy

maybe because we respond?

a french or german man who doesnt speak a lick of english who comes here tomorrow is more american than a nigger ever will be

Which is why I'm "European-American"
They didn't originate in America
If they did they'd be Native Americans
I consider them American as their nationality but they are not ethnically American

In the census yes, but we don't call people black people Black-British when talking about blacks, we just call them blacks.

I consider them American.

drop the proxy cleetus

You forgot to turn your proxy off you fucking mutt.

niggers

The eternal Terrone.....

I wish we had an actual word for this specific ethnic group. By which I mean, the people descended from former West African slaves with about 3/4 West/Central African and 1/4 Northwestern European ancestry, who often speak in African American English, are almost entirely Protestant Christian and in particular Baptist, and have connections to soul food, jazz music, rock and roll music, black cinema, and other cultural inventions of the group. "African-American" is unwieldy and can also refer to actual African immigrants who are a different matter.

The idea that you have to separate them at all is the 'issue' though. Why not just call them Americans?

I do call them Americans. But they also qualify as their own distinct ethnic group in my opinion. A specifically American ethnic group, but their own group nonetheless.

>specifically american
No, there us absolutely nothing that makes blacks natives or whites but whites just conquered land and created AMERICAN Union, blacks ate 100% non American.

The founders didnt consider amerindians americans or blacks

>went to visit a family member who lives in the US
>having drinks with him and a number of his friends in his apartment
>one guy mentions how he isn't Mexican, his parents came from Mexico, but he was born in America, so he's White
>later on talking about how I'm mixed
>mention that my dad's black
>the same fucking Mexican asks
>"oh really, where's he from?"
>"Brazil, like me"

And to that he said, I shit you not

>"Oh well then he's not Black, he's Brazilian"

What the fuck is wrong with Americans? I know this was just one guy, but still. Black is a skin color, not a synonym for African-American.

Stop pretending that you have any idea what you're talking about.

But that's surely just a census thing, it shouldn't be something you use to describe black-Americans in general.
Otherwise you get what's happened in AMerica - massive racial divides.

Old worlders struggle to understand what multiculturalism actually means
Just because they're African American doesn't mean they're not American
American is not an ethnicity it's an umbrella term for other subcultures within the greater "American" culture with blending between them
Being an Indian-American doesn't disqualify you from being American
Being an African-American doesn't disqualify you from being American
It just means you're part of a certain subculture within "American"

nice fanfiction

the only people that really mattered to the founders were white land owning men. that no longer rings true today

>ad hominem

>anybody from Brazil
>part of any distinct race

Because there is a massive subculture among blacks that isn't accepted by white americans. They even speak differently than us and never socialize outside of their own. That one black kid in a white high school is not a part of the ebonic subculture, you only get it in predominantly black areas. The tribalism caused by this divide in cultures creates a lot of issues. When cleetus calls a black person a nigger, he isn't referring to the color of their skin essentially, it's more related to ebonics or what white people associate with general niggery

Black = black american

>I don't know what an ad hominem is

You're implying they self-segregated, but it takes two to tango on that front.

You guys couldn't even just call them black Americans, you call them African, despite the fact that they've probably never been anywhere near Africa their entire lives.

You attacked me instead of refuting my point. That's an ad hominem, Cletus.

They come from Africa and wrrent the people who founded the US America union, they are blacks and afro americans or whatever, they are different with their own dialect and culture.

>be white
>family was poor
>grew up around Mexicans
>people on Call of Duty used to call me a spic
>was told I sounded Mexican
>had to consciously start speaking like a white person
>sometimes regress into a Mexican accent

Slaves come from all over the continent, even if most came from the Gold Coast. I think Bantu-American would be a better name.

You are fellow CHI

the name is a whole different issue. Nobody in the US came from America and at one point America was thriving with european immigrants. Every single neighbor in your entire neighborhood could be speaking a different household language. It's still this way in some parts of the east coast. There were instances in american history where there was a huge wave of immigrants from a single country. For example the Irish during the Potato Famine, Dutch during Napoleonic wars, Germans during german depression after ww1 etc. These massive waves of immigration created cultural identities inside the US between these groups of people and thats just how we identify them, even if they dont exist anymore.

Awww that's actually sweet. In places like NM and arizona ive met blacks with CHI accents too

That's exactly the point though. The white people get to be called Americans even though they're all a foreign population, but the blacks have to be called African-American, instead of just Americans who happen to be black.

Because they're only 3/5 of an American.