How long do you think it will take before Sup Forums starts shitting on it out of contrarianism?

How long do you think it will take before Sup Forums starts shitting on it out of contrarianism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NtgFKdWcKXY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

overrated garbage

pure trash

The plebs have arrived

Stop invoking that which you claim to avoid.

Never reply to me again

who gives a shit what Sup Forums thinks?

peasant please

>going on Sup Forums
>posting on Sup Forums
>REPLYING TO POSTS ON Sup Forums
for what purpose

But anyways, what's the answer?

It's fun.

You're trash

You are.

i'm surprised, considering the popularity of alien and sci-fi gore movies, that the thing hasn't been expanded upon. the story is largely unexplored.

where did the alien come from? was it the original pilot of the spaceship, or did it infect the pilot causing the ship to crash on earth 250k years ago? why did it try to build a new spaceship? was it planning to spread further on earth or just go back home?

No, you.

No u

no you

u

no

honestly the special effects are pretty fucking shitty. most people are just blinded by nostalgia.

Go fuck yourself

ye

Yeah, go fuck yourself

The special effects aged terribly, but it's still a good movie

Tell me with a straight face that this looks bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=NtgFKdWcKXY

That looks bad.

You're not supposed to know. That's the point.

Not much, there are people who keep shilling the shitty prequel every Thing thread

The concept of "you're not supposed to know" doesn't exist to movie execs.

I'm just joking. I love the movie.

They didn't even explain it in the remake

Shitting on The Thing?

Who would? It's a fucking masterpiece.

So they had something to expand on in the sequel that never got greenlit due to not being profitable enough.

>Shitting on Carpenter

Shit no. I believe somebody'd get their ass kicked for posting something like that.

>Who would?
Sup Forums
It's the most contrarian board on this site, it's only a matter of time before this board will shit on it. Screenshot this.

Fuckin' hard pumps

Sup Forums doesnt become contrarian from its own opinions, it becomes contrarian from the opinions of outside communities. the only way Sup Forums would turn on The Thing is if normies or redditors suddenly had a massive explosion of interest in it. Sup Forums loves unconditionally until the object of its love becomes too loved by someone other than Sup Forums

But The Thing is universally loved.

In the prequel, it was meant to be a stowaway that was impersonating an animal which was taken for research, took over the ship and crashed it. A lot of the ending got cut. There was even supposed to be a dead pilot alien, and the final boss Thing was supposed to take the form of one of the pilot aliens so it could pilot the ship, which involved plugging themselves into the ship and controlling it with their brain or some shit.

right but it's not something that has only recently exploded into being loved, its hype died down long before most of Sup Forums was born. Sup Forums's opinion of a film moves inversely with the rise of its popularity

The only defense against Any shittalk about the thing is namecalling

I just watched it for the first time like a week ago bitch it looks amazing

>It's the most contrarian board on this site
Sup Forums is 1000x more contrarian than Sup Forums, and that's saying something

People cant really defend the movie without calling you underage or réddit or whatever

In my expierence, it's the exact opposite.

How?

This

How would you do a James Cameronesque sequal?

I'd walk in and write "Thing", then add an S to say "Things", then put two lines in it to say "Thing$"

The Thing escapes and they have to have a chase sequence with a dog-pulled sled that's action packed.