What topics are taboo on your country?

What topics are taboo on your country?
México:
-Football(everytime ends in arguments)
-Talk about who's use drugs.
-sex(when you are under 15).

three topics to never have with your colleagues or clients in japan: politics, religion and the professional baseball

And no discussing controversial stuff Hayao Miyazaki said about Japan needing to apologize for WWII.

Hayao isn't as influential as you might think actually.
Many agree that he's a good kids anime director but not a great thinker.

>religion
Is religion even slightly relevant in Japan nowadays? It seems even more ded than Christianity in Europe.

Maybe not be he has received death threats from right wing groups before.

East Asian religions are nothing at all like Western ones, it's more of a cultural/superstitious thing than an active god you pray to and who judges you.

Be that as it may, any sort of organized religion, even one as cultural/superstitious as Shintoism, still faces as Christianity in the West: regardless of how "culturally attached" people are to it, if you have no actual clergymen, the the Church dies.

So I guess the question is: is there any half-decent renewal of monks, of people willing to financially support the preservation of existing temples, etc.? Because that's currently what is really killing Christianity in the West.

>still faces as Christianity in the West
faces some of the same issues*

We have quite a few problematic Buddhist cults and Korean Christian cults here.
They are active and very aggressive towards other new religions.

religion immigration politics

I see

Are those Buddhist cults made up of ethnic Japanese people, or foreigners (e.g. Chinese)?

>They are active and very aggressive towards other new religions.
And how are they towards "normal" Buddhists and Shintoists?

What make special to korean crhistian than another ones?

Question, why don't like you foreing people?
(Sorry it's for a school project)

Obestiy
Race
Politics
Sex unless you're drunk with your friends

The Japanese population is dominantly Japanese, so as for the Buddhist cults they are mostly domestic.
Korean cults consist of mostly Zainichi Koreans and they are strangely very evidently pro North Korea. I smell some politics hidden there.

Chinese in Japan are hardly religious as far as I know.

>how are they towards "normal" Buddhists and Shintoists?
First of all, normal or traditional Buddhists and Shintoists in Japan (= most Japanese people) are not followers of religion but in fact just followers of seasonal events and traditions.
They only need those "religions" for funerals and keeping local culture alive. Just the formats and historical backgrounds.
Few really seek for help from the invisible.
And that's where new cults can use their logic to justify themselves for giving people in need "real help of Buddha/ God", unlike Japanese "dead" religions that only exist to keep local shrines, temples and stuff.

anime
video games

-Politics of any kind, specially about Franco cuz there are dumbfucks who like him nowadays or people who had familiars executed
-Football cuz fights or arguments
-Religion

Franco is a hero

>-sex(when you are under 15).
you mean like to talk with adults about it?

>right wing groups
They don't represent any meaningful bodies in society.

Also almost every time members of a Japanese right wing group are arrested for committing hate crimes or violence and their names are revealed in public, you find Korean names.

>or people who had familiars executed
Good, they were commies.

seal hunting
native youth murder/ suicide
separatism (Quebec/ Alberta)

I can't think of anything that's really "taboo" although a lot of people get butthurt if you don't worship the US military and US military personnel.

Probably race relations.

Discussing obesity rates is a bad idea because people are deeply insecure about it
Race relations are fine to talk about if you're black or Latino but Asians and white people joining are on very thin ice
"Gender wage gap"
Any opinions on U.S. military that aren't PRAISE OUR HERO TROOPS DOG BLESS :DDDD
Immigration/deportation
With young people, claiming to be religious is grounds to be mocked. With older people, claiming to be atheistic/agnostic is grounds to be disowned
Trump in general
Guns
Student loans and the modern educational system (especially if you take a stance that isn't "teachers are pretentious and overpaid")
Abortion
Sex when in the South, NOT talking about sex in the North however makes you seem like a prude/virgin

Everything basically

Seattle hipster detected.

>not a great thinker
Understatement. Big gime.

He's right that moeshit is ruining anime.

Malvinas
Forced disappearance
Neoliberalism

colonial war
Salazar
football

Oh shit i brought the topic of forced disappearance while talking with an argentinian friend, i didn't thought first hand that ir was taboo guess i fucked up

why would asians be on thin ice?

There are two biggest cults; Soka Gakkai and Unification Church both are CIA backed Korean Cult infiltrated into politics deeply.

If we said something shit about them and cultists heard it, our lives can be destroyed by them in various stalking attacks. Police do nothing in many cases, they are like secret police in Japan.

American "POC culture" doesn't consider them to be a part of it